PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland trying to get a last minute workout with Exum

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 05:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/11134767/2014-nba-draft-cleveland-cavaliers-making-late-push-dante-exum-meeting
Hm.

russwest0
06-25-2014, 05:46 PM
They still don't know who they want to draft? After reviewing all of the tape, numbers, etc...?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ca$H
06-25-2014, 05:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/11134767/2014-nba-draft-cleveland-cavaliers-making-late-push-dante-exum-meeting
Hm.

What is wrong with the cavs? Just draft Wiggins. Worst Case scenario: Paul George. Best case scenario: prime Tmac on offense and prime Pippen on D.

KyrieTheFuture
06-25-2014, 05:48 PM
So nobody believes a damn thing ESPN ever says until it's about how indecisive the cavs are? Okay that's cool.

RedBlackAttack
06-25-2014, 05:48 PM
They still don't know who they want to draft? After reviewing all of the tape, numbers, etc...?

There's almost no tape of Exum playing against even decent competition. He's a major roll of the dice for whomever takes him. I'd definitely want to see him in person if I were considering him for a pick.

I see him as more of an option if we decide to move down a few slots. I seriously doubt he's in the conversation at 1.

rogmatic
06-25-2014, 06:00 PM
What is kind of interesting is that no one is talking anymore about the Cavs trading Kyrie Irving. But with Waiters and Irving in tow, you would not think the Cavs would be interested in Exum - even at 4.

Could this potentially mean that they got a good offer for Kyrie and are thinking about taking it?????

RedBlackAttack
06-25-2014, 06:03 PM
What is kind of interesting is that no one is talking anymore about the Cavs trading Kyrie Irving. But with Waiters and Irving in tow, you would not think the Cavs would be interested in Exum - even at 4.

Could this potentially mean that they got a good offer for Kyrie and are thinking about taking it?????

More likely that they trade Waiters. There have been a few rumors that the Cavs were trying to trade back up into the lottery with their second pick and using Waiters as bait for it. If that's true, Exum would make sense. I doubt they could get that high, though.

With all the hype Exum has been getting lately, including comparisons to a young Kobe Bryant, it makes sense that the Cavs want to see what he is all about in person.

RedBlackAttack
06-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Chris Mannix:

Australian point guard Dante Exum is "in the conversation" for the No. 1 overall pick, source tells SI. Wiggins/Parker still leaders.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 06:12 PM
lol cleveland

sammichoffate
06-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Chris Mannix:So Embiid is not going #1, confirmed.

outbreak
06-25-2014, 06:15 PM
eh people read too much into these situations, it's smart to work out as many players as possible even if you don't have an interest in them now. It's also a possibility they are working him out to see if they like the idea of a deal where they take Exum and trade him to a lower team for Embiid and another asset if Embiid goes lower.

coin24
06-25-2014, 06:16 PM
Smokescreens everywhere

Jailblazers7
06-25-2014, 06:20 PM
This is the most interesting draft of my lifetime by a large margin.

chocolatethunder

No because Exum is really a two anyway. His ball handling skills are just ok and he's not a super passer. He's just a guy who needs the ball in his hands to be effective. This workout is in case they move down to the Sixers slot.

Jameerthefear
This is the most interesting draft of my lifetime by a large margin.
gonna be fun!

qrich
06-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Why not work everyone out, even if you have your mind made up? :confusedshrug:

D-Rose
06-25-2014, 06:22 PM
You guys remember last year at this time, every single reporter and their mama was saying Cavs were going to pick Len at 1? Things change, smokescreens are put up, etc. Don't buy everything!

outbreak
06-25-2014, 06:23 PM
No because Exum is really a two anyway. His ball handling skills are just ok and he's not a super passer. He's just a guy who needs the ball in his hands to be effective. This workout is in case they move down to the Sixers slot.
I wouldn't say that, his skill set right now is far more suited to the point imo. He's a better distributor than he is scorer at the moment.

Meticode
06-25-2014, 06:27 PM
24 hours!

outbreak
06-25-2014, 06:29 PM
24 hours!

:djparty :djparty :djparty

RoundMoundOfReb
06-25-2014, 07:12 PM
I hope they don't take him.

COnDEMnED
06-25-2014, 07:30 PM
If Cleveland ****s up this very obvious choice, they should just sell the team and move it out of Cleveland.

D-Rose
06-25-2014, 07:36 PM
If Cleveland ****s up this very obvious choice, they should just sell the team and move it out of Cleveland.
Yeah, cause that's totally going to happen :facepalm

COnDEMnED
06-25-2014, 07:39 PM
Yeah, cause that's totally going to happen :facepalm
You took it literal, child? Yeah..they should move the team if they **** this up. Wanna go 2 for 2?

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 07:44 PM
So this means what?

that the Cavs might trade their pick and move down and be in position to take Exum or Embid at 4?

then trade Waiters for another pick or something?

kind of like that.

Meticode
06-25-2014, 07:46 PM
So this means what?

that the Cavs might trade their pick and move down and be in position to take Exum or Embid at 4?

then trade Waiters for another pick or something?

kind of like that.
I don't know what it means, I only can think what it means.

In my 24 Hour Thread I made today I stated I want the Cavs to draft Wiggins, but I think they're wanting to look at Exum because I feel ultimately what they'll do is trade the #1 to Orlando for #4 and #12 and Afflallo and ultimately they'll draft Embiid or Exum at #4.

Jalen Rose strongly feels Embiid will not fall out of the top 3. And he states Cleveland should still pick him at #1 and take a chance on him because of the talent. So if the trade went down, not only does Cleveland get Afflallo and the #12, but possible Embiid anyway as well.

All Net
06-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Private jet and all.

1~Gibson~1
06-25-2014, 08:00 PM
How about we just draft Wiggins and trade Waiters to draft Exum... FO and fans are both happy :applause:

MC Gusto
06-25-2014, 08:00 PM
What is wrong with the cavs? Just draft Wiggins. Worst Case scenario: Paul George. Best case scenario: prime Tmac on offense and prime Pippen on D.
:biggums: Nobody in this draft is that surefire.

MC Gusto
06-25-2014, 08:02 PM

Maybe they're considering one of those proposed trades to move down. It would probably be wise for them to work Exum out in case he's still there when it's their turn to pick.

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 08:04 PM
I don't know what it means, I only can think what it means.

In my 24 Hour Thread I made today I stated I want the Cavs to draft Wiggins, but I think they're wanting to look at Exum because I feel ultimately what they'll do is draft the #1 to Orlando for #4 and #12 and Afflallo and ultimately they'll draft Embiid or Exum at #4.

Jalen Rose strongly feels Embiid will not fall out of the top 3. And he states Cleveland should still pick him at #1 and take a chance on him because of the talent. So if the trade went down, not only does Cleveland get Afflallo and the #12, but possible Embiid anyway as well.

Right.

I'm wondering if they would do at the 4 if Embid goes 3rd. Just take Exum and then figure it out?

outbreak
06-25-2014, 08:06 PM
Right.

I'm wondering if they would do at the 4 if Embid goes 3rd. Just take Exum and then figure it out?

They take wiggins/parker at 1 for Orlando on the assumption that Embiid will be around at 4. If he's gone at 2 or 3 they keep wiggins/parker and orlando keep their fourth and take exum.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-25-2014, 08:08 PM

My pants are wet.

alanLA92
06-25-2014, 09:01 PM
Cavs.:lol :lol :lol