PDA

View Full Version : Who's Philly looking at 3?

Inferno
06-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Do they take the risk on Embiid and try a Embiid-Noel frontcourt in 2015-2016? Or do they take Exum and try having him play next to MCW? :coleman:

Or is there someone else? :coleman:

Real14
06-25-2014, 09:18 PM
Maybe theoo.:D

hawksdogsbraves
06-25-2014, 09:19 PM
I think it's got to be Exum. Wouldn't be surprised if they move MCW, maybe to the Lakers for their first pick?

christian1923
06-25-2014, 09:19 PM
Randle

Milbuck
06-25-2014, 09:21 PM
Enes Kanter

Fork
06-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Darko Milicic

RoundMoundOfReb
06-25-2014, 09:23 PM
The leftover of the big 3 probably. Although I could see them taking Vonleh

TheMarkMadsen
06-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Hopefully they are looking to move MCW to LA while keeping thad young in Philly.

kells333
06-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Draft exum and have him and mcw start together. Hire an excellent shooting coach. Trade thad young and 10 to move up and get embiid. Sign a 3 and D sf. Done.

GOBB
06-25-2014, 09:54 PM
I think it's got to be Exum. Wouldn't be surprised if they move MCW, maybe to the Lakers for their first pick?

Of course you wouldnt be surprised given that is the rumor floating around.

chocolatethunder
06-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Doubt the take Exum and they will not move MCW. Exum is really a two guard not a one. They won't be taking him at 3. I suspect that they'll trade up for Wiggins.

Jailblazers7
06-25-2014, 10:17 PM
I'd probably be ok with MCW to the Lakers. Take Exum/Embiid with #3 and Smart/Randle/Vonleh with #7. Then we could land Gary Harris with #10 and have most of our future locked in.

chocolatethunder
06-25-2014, 10:17 PM
Of course you wouldnt be surprised given that is the rumor floating around.
I think that that rumor is total bullshit. Scott O'Neill was on 610 and said that it would be dumb for them to develop MCW for a year and then trade him and I agree. I think that was just something made up by some sports writer and repeated. Who had them trading Jrue last year? No one. Who had them taking MCW? Only a few people. Why? Because Hinkie is nuts and there are no leaks in their camp. The only reason anyone got MCW right was because of a lucky. Guess. Their workouts were shrouded in secrecy this year and they won't be allowing any press access on draft night. The only rumor about them I see happening is them trying to trade up to get Wiggins. They didn't even workout Parker. We'll see what happens but I expect to see Wiggins in a Sixers uni this year.

blood yes
06-25-2014, 10:29 PM
Are you stupid?

It shocks me sometimes just how stupid people can be. If you were my kid, or someone I knew who was close, I would instantly get my pistol and shoot you.

Yes, ur right, the 76ers would trade a proven all-star calibar player that took down LeBron and the Heat in his first game, for what could be a major bust:rolleyes:

hawksdogsbraves
06-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Are you stupid?

It shocks me sometimes just how stupid people can be. If you were my kid, or someone I knew who was close, I would instantly get my pistol and shoot you.

Yes, ur right, the 76ers would trade a proven all-star calibar player that took down LeBron and the Heat in his first game, for what could be a major bust:rolleyes:

Damn, you sound like a murderer.

Well if you'd been paying attention you'd know that the 6ers have been shopping MCW for quite some time, they clearly realize that this is the highest his stock will ever be.

no pun intended
06-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Sixers better take Embiid.

Styles p
06-25-2014, 11:46 PM

Well if you'd been paying attention you'd know that the 6ers have been shopping MCW for quite some time, they clearly realize that this is the highest his stock will ever be.
so a guy who avg. 17/6/6 in his first year in the league is not going to get better? mcw could have 10 assists if he actually had players last season who could make a shot after he dished it. so his shot isn't going to improve at all either?

blood yes
06-26-2014, 12:15 AM

You, along with the other dumbasses who actually think that the 76ers would look to trade a triple-double threat in MCW are stupid as hell. Those were just rumors, and even the 76ers front office said that they were not going to trade him.

I think MCW is incredibly underrated on this forum. I understand this was a weak 76ers team, and it was a weak year for rookies, but the stats that MCW put up were legendary.

His first game as a pro EVER was a near quad-double, lemme put it that way. He also had a couple trip doubs and scored in the high 30s on occasion. This guy is a star inthe making.

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 12:24 AM

I have to be honest, as a guy who lives in the Philly area, I feel that the general consensus is that they aren't shopping MCW and that the original MCW rumor was bullshit and turned into a bunch of other bullshit rumors. I don't put a lot of stock in any Sixers rumors because they are tight lipped and that's how Hinkie operates. When Brett Brown was on the radio last week he wasn't allowed to answer any specific questions about Dante Exum haha that's how crazy Hinkie is. I personally do not believe that they are shopping him. When the very first rumor broke a month ago, Scott Oneill went on the radio and said that they were in no way shopping him. Of course he could have been lying but it didn't seem like bullshit. As you know lots of rumors are just made up out of thin air and then repeated and become "true". In fact most trades that go down aren't the rumored ones and the actual trade comes out of nowhere. See the Chandler trade today. That wasn't reported last week, it was reported while it was happening. Anyway, that's just an opinion of a dude from the Philly area.

hateraid
06-26-2014, 01:27 AM
I don't get why nobody likes the possibility of taking Embiid and resting him the year. It's a foot injury. Nothing a little year off won't fix with some NBA conditioning. I'm all for taking Embiid. A long rest did wonders for Girffin and Davis. I'm sure Noel will be solid this year and Embiid the next.

wally_world
06-26-2014, 01:40 AM
Cavs will pick Aaron Gordon so Philly takes Wiggins/Parker, whoever is left.

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 01:41 AM
I don't get why nobody likes the possibility of taking Embiid and resting him the year. It's a foot injury. Nothing a little year off won't fix with some NBA conditioning. I'm all for taking Embiid. A long rest did wonders for Girffin and Davis. I'm sure Noel will be solid this year and Embiid the next.
I'm totally down with that, I just don't think that they'll do it. I think that they're gonna get Wiggins. If they don't, then I would hope they take Embiid.

Magic731
06-26-2014, 05:20 AM
You, along with the other dumbasses who actually think that the 76ers would look to trade a triple-double threat in MCW are stupid as hell. Those were just rumors, and even the 76ers front office said that they were not going to trade him.

I think MCW is incredibly underrated on this forum. I understand this was a weak 76ers team, and it was a weak year for rookies, but the stats that MCW put up were legendary.

His first game as a pro EVER was a near quad-double, lemme put it that way. He also had a couple trip doubs and scored in the high 30s on occasion. This guy is a star inthe making.
Brandon Jennings was one rebound and one assist away from a triple double in his first game. He also scored 55 points in his first season. What's your point?

Yankstar
06-26-2014, 06:37 AM

:facepalm

I bet you would of traded kobe after his dunk contest win :banghead:

El Kabong
06-26-2014, 06:39 AM
Yea, they just did it with Noel, and I honestly don't think the 76ers would be too upset if they sucked for another year.

If I'm a team past 3 and Embiid is available, I'm taking him in a heartbeat and high fiving everyone in sight.

Yankstar
06-26-2014, 06:42 AM
Yea, they just did it with Noel, and I honestly don't think the 76ers would be too upset if they sucked for another year.

If I'm a team past 3 and Embiid is available, I'm taking him in a heartbeat and high fiving everyone in sight.

76ers can tank every year. Wait until they get several Lebrons and Kobes then sweep the league for a decade :roll:

-Lebron23-
06-26-2014, 06:55 AM
Wiggins to Philly is a great fit for both, I really hope it happens, along with Parker to Milwaukee and Embiid to Cavs.

raprap
06-26-2014, 06:55 AM
Are you stupid?

proven all star caliber player? MC fcking W?! You high bro?

-Lebron23-
06-26-2014, 06:56 AM

:oldlol: Funny and so true

artificial
06-26-2014, 06:58 AM
I still think that what most people thought on draft lottery night is most likely: Philly has the easiest pick, taking whoever is left of Parker, Wiggins or Embiid.

Sure, Embiid is injured. Not like we need him next season. 76ers can wait. Actually, they need time to develop. I'm rooting for Philly to pick him.

They didn't work out Parker because no one sees him falling, but if by some dark magic he is available, well, duh. Not a fan of Wiggins, but I'll buy his jersey if 76ers get him.

I have nothing against Exum, but I don't see him fitting next to MCW. Vonleh? Whoever picks Embiid could make 6ers look mentally challenged. Smart? Makes even less sense than Exum.

And speculating on draft night trade rumors... is merely fantasizing and wild guessing, so I'll stay away from that.

GOBB
06-26-2014, 02:02 PM
I think that that rumor is total bullshit. Scott O'Neill was on 610 and said that it would be dumb for them to develop MCW for a year and then trade him and I agree. I think that was just something made up by some sports writer and repeated. Who had them trading Jrue last year? No one. Who had them taking MCW? Only a few people. Why? Because Hinkie is nuts and there are no leaks in their camp. The only reason anyone got MCW right was because of a lucky. Guess. Their workouts were shrouded in secrecy this year and they won't be allowing any press access on draft night. The only rumor about them I see happening is them trying to trade up to get Wiggins. They didn't even workout Parker. We'll see what happens but I expect to see Wiggins in a Sixers uni this year.

Yeah you have a good point.