PDA

View Full Version : How screwed will Houston be if they cant land Melo or Lebron?

Cocaine80s
06-26-2014, 01:16 AM
Gave away Asik and are about to trade lin. Maybe parsons goes to.

imagine how ****ed they are if they cant get bron or melo :lol :facepalm

outbreak
06-26-2014, 01:19 AM
not really. They will have freed up cap and will be able to draw someone else to join them. Lin and Asik both weren't needed and Parsons will be overpaid. None of the moves they've made are desperate and all are smart basketball decisions.

Inferno
06-26-2014, 01:21 AM
Hopefully very. **** the Rockets :applause:

SwishSquared
06-26-2014, 01:23 AM
Well, deal won't be completed until July, when Morey could theoretically still keep Asik if they strike out on top FAs. My understanding is that the trades he lined up for Asik & Lin were to make room for LBJ/Melo this summer and he'd keep those guys if they can't land anybody. If Asik is indeed dealt next month, I'm guessing Houston is landing some superstar this summer.

(e)
06-26-2014, 01:27 AM
They got a first round pick for Asik in a cap dump move. Dude was probably going to walk away from the Rockets after this next season anyway. Chances are good the Pelicans pick ends up being in between 4 and 20, so a pretty good move by the Rockets.

Even if they miss out on Lebron and Melo, they'll have a ton of cap space to fill out their roster. Guys like Monroe, Dirk, Bledsoe, Gortat, Zbo, Pau Gasol, Avery Bradley, Jordan Hill, ect are potential guys they could go after.

They won the Asik trade no doubt about it. Not saying Pelicans didn't get a good piece, but they gave up too much when they had all the leverage.

alanLA92
06-26-2014, 01:33 AM
With Mchale coaching, the Rockets were already screwed.

noob cake
06-26-2014, 01:37 AM
Chances are good the Pelicans pick ends up being in between 4 and 20, so a pretty good move by the Rockets.

Make the playoffs in west, which means the pick will be 20+ shitty pick (remember that Western teams can't make playoffs as the 16/17th pick due to disparity).

Doesn't make the playoffs, easy lotto pick for Morey.

I think Davis is too good to let Hornets tanks for a top 4 pick anyways.

Inferno
06-26-2014, 01:37 AM
Make the playoffs in west, which means the pick will be 20+ shitty pick (remember that Western teams can't make playoffs as the 16/17th pick due to disparity).

Doesn't make the playoffs, easy lotto pick for Morey.

I think Davis is too good to let Hornets tanks for a top 4 pick anyways.

Pick is top 20 protected I hear

wally_world
06-26-2014, 01:38 AM
With Mchale coaching, the Rockets were already screwed.

This.

Losing to Portland in 6 with a roster like that means it is something talent cant solve.

ShackEelOKneel
06-26-2014, 02:44 AM
I don't think it is a problem for Houston to lose Asik.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-26-2014, 02:47 AM
Not really. Asik wasn't a big part of the team as he was redundant with Dwight and Lin is replaceable.

BlackVVaves
06-26-2014, 02:49 AM
I really don't have a problem with the Rockets, but **** Beverly.

Smook A.
06-26-2014, 02:50 AM
Damn I would least expect that coming out of you. Guess everyone hates the Rockets

Whatever :confusedshrug:

Inferno
06-26-2014, 02:52 AM
Damn I would least expect that coming out of you. Guess everyone hates the Rockets

Whatever :confusedshrug:

I don't hate them, but if Melo came there the West would become 10x harder for the Warriors :lol :cheers:

coin24
06-26-2014, 02:53 AM
Rockets aren't winning shit with Dwert and flopden anyway:lol

Smook A.
06-26-2014, 02:53 AM
I don't hate them, but if Melo came there the West would become 10x harder for the Warriors :lol :cheers:
True. Same for Warriors if they get Kevin Love :pimp:

goldcrow
06-26-2014, 02:54 AM
They got a first round pick for Asik in a cap dump move. Dude was probably going to walk away from the Rockets after this next season anyway. Chances are good the Pelicans pick ends up being in between 4 and 20, so a pretty good move by the Rockets.

Even if they miss out on Lebron and Melo, they'll have a ton of cap space to fill out their roster. Guys like Monroe, Dirk, Bledsoe, Gortat, Zbo, Pau Gasol, Avery Bradley, Jordan Hill, ect are potential guys they could go after.

They won the Asik trade no doubt about it. Not saying Pelicans didn't get a good piece, but they gave up too much when they had all the leverage.

Pretty sure teams will be hanging onto these guys seeing how last season played out.

Anyway, Houston will go nowhere with Harden as their star. Look how he folded in the playoffs once he wasn't getting any calls. Then there's McFail.

bluechox2
06-26-2014, 03:31 AM
why would melo choose houston for less money in the tougher conference when he can go play with his super pal lebron for the same amount houston can offer in the easier conference

Dengness9
06-26-2014, 03:35 AM
Melo is not going West. East is right there for the taking.

It's either NYC because he loves the city too much.

Or He's headed to Chicago to try and get through the weak East with a coach and team very capable of doing so.

bdreason
06-26-2014, 03:42 AM
Am I the only one who isn't the least bit threatened by a Harden - Melo duo?

Milbuck
06-26-2014, 03:53 AM
They're screwed either way, pointless question. They were screwed the instant James Harden signed that contract.

Now if they trade Harden for Melo and sign Lebron, holy shit.

BlazerRed
06-26-2014, 03:58 AM
I'm OK with this :cheers:

UK2K
06-26-2014, 04:07 AM
Pick is top 20 protected I hear
Its not.

Top 3 and bottom 10.

Pick falls between 4-19 Houston gets it.

And Morey stated they will keep Lin unless they NEED to trade him. So they lose two bench players and free up cap space and get a first round pick in the process, which can be swung as a TJones+Rockets 1st+Pelicans 1st if they dont get Lebron/Bosh/Melo/Love/Lowry

I dont think screwed is the word id use to describe their current state.

UK2K
06-26-2014, 04:10 AM
why would melo choose houston for less money in the tougher conference when he can go play with his super pal lebron for the same amount houston can offer in the easier conference
Because he cant unless everyone on Miami takes a pay cut...

And playing in texas with no income tax means NYC can only offer him 11m more over 5 years. Do the math...