PDA

View Full Version : Knicks shopping Amare/Shumpert/Bargnani

Knicksfever2010
06-26-2014, 02:03 AM
Jax has already begun the salary dump. If he can ever find a way to trade off Bargnani/Amare/shump... and create cap space for Lebron and Melo, Jax will become a GOD

JohnFreeman
06-26-2014, 02:14 AM
I will take Shumpert

coin24
06-26-2014, 02:14 AM
Might be able to swap shump for a pick, doubt his salary is anything major..

Amare/Bargs.. Wow good luck with that. If Phil can pull that off:bowdown: :bowdown:

(e)
06-26-2014, 02:15 AM
Nobody is taking Amares salary, even for one season. Good luck.

TheMarkMadsen
06-26-2014, 02:17 AM

Agreed. Great post. But I can see them getting rid of Amare considering he played well when he got minutes last year.

P Jax has a plan and its obviously beginning to come to fruition.

el gringos
06-26-2014, 02:17 AM
AMARE, Larkin, Hardaway jr, dalembert, Ellington
For
Larry sanders, illyasova,Zaza, ok mayo, 2 2nds

Then draft nick Johnson, Patrick young, dinwiddie, and Dwight Powell

Calderon/nick Johnson/dinwiddie
Jr/ok/jimmer
Carmelo/mike miller
Sanders/illyasova/Dwight Powell
Bargnani/Zaza/young

Dropping a 90 million dollar payroll to a 60 for a 1% chance of lebron is not worth it. Don't let amare expire, just finish off the best offseason of all time with one more great trade and a great draft

Legends66NBA7
06-26-2014, 02:18 AM
Not happening. They all opted in and are unmovable at this point unless someone package's all 3 in a trade.

Wonder which GM would be stupid enough to take all 3.

Knicksfever2010
06-26-2014, 02:19 AM

The knicks could say to the Sixers: "take amares contract and you can have Shumpert and our lottery picks this year"

keep in mind Amare averaged 12 points and 5 rebounds after returning from injury. Not unrealistic to expect him to get 17 points and 10 rebounds a game next season

el gringos
06-26-2014, 02:19 AM
Nobody had 30 million dollars of long term contracts they'd like to start over from? Bucks, pistons

If you were talking about the op's desire to trade him for capspace? Agree 100%

RoundMoundOfReb
06-26-2014, 02:20 AM
http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/for-sale-runs-well-sign-fail.jpg

JohnFreeman
06-26-2014, 02:22 AM
Phoenix will take Amare

MellowYellow
06-26-2014, 02:25 AM
Expirers are always vaulable commodities, im sure someone will bite. If someone took Biedrins at 12mil someone will take Amare at 23 mil.

(e)
06-26-2014, 02:25 AM
The knicks could say to the Sixers: "take amares contract and you can have Shumpert and our lottery picks this year"

keep in mind Amare averaged 12 points and 5 rebounds after returning from injury. Not unrealistic to expect him to get 17 points and 10 rebounds a game next season
And when the 76ers say get bent, then what?

Might be able to move him mid season. 99% chance he is on their roster when season starts.

hawkfan
06-26-2014, 02:34 AM
AB for Louis Williams (expirer).

Do it !

bdreason
06-26-2014, 03:49 AM
If Phil finds someone to take Bargs or Amare I will anoint him the greatest GM ever in his first season.

smoovegittar
06-26-2014, 07:44 AM
Keep Amare; keep Shump. Would love to dump Bargs, tho. Amare had a good season last year; he's still serviceable in the paint on offense. We haven't seen what Shump really has to offer yet - need a year with direction and a better coach. Phil will do the right thing - I'm confident.

JellyBean
06-26-2014, 07:49 AM
Holy Crap!! PJ is making some nice moves. :applause:

Amare has not been the Suns Amare in years it seems.

El Kabong
06-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Might be able to swap shump for a pick, doubt his salary is anything major..

Amare/Bargs.. Wow good luck with that. If Phil can pull that off:bowdown: :bowdown:
$2.7 million for Shumpert. Chump change really.

Teams with multiple picks this year include Chicago (#16 and #19), Charlotte (#9 and #24), Orlando (#4 and #12), Phoenix (#14, #18 and #27), Philly (#3 and #10), Boston (#6 and #17) and Utah (#5 and #23).

Give Phoenix cash along with Shumpert and I reckon you could buy a pick from them. Might be able to get #19 or #24 from Chicago/Charlotte too. Think Shumpert would go OK with Chicago, can play NOW, won't take too much salary up so they can still spend big if they want too. Charlotte ideally need a shooter, so Shumpert isn't the best fit there, but who knows what they'll do.

Expirers are always vaulable commodities, im sure someone will bite. If someone took Biedrins at 12mil someone will take Amare at 23 mil.
Yea, but the Warriors had to give the Jazz 2 1st rounders as well to get them to take the Biendrins/Jefferson/Rush trio. Dunno if PJ will want to do that or not.

Stoudamire will be moveable by the deadline, especially if he shows some form, there's likely someone who'll give up something for him in the hopes it'll put them over the top. Even if it's just another Granger/Turner type trade.

PassTheRock
06-26-2014, 08:26 AM

The knicks dont even have a lottery pick to give this year. And amare wouldnt average 10 boards since he's never done it when healthy and you cant expect him to do it after all these surgeries/injuries.

Beastmode88
06-26-2014, 08:36 AM
Wow phil doing fcuking work. :applause: :applause: GET IT DONE IT PHIL AND ILL BE AT THE OPENING GAME.

Draz
06-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Keep Shumpert. Get rid of the other 2.

niko
06-26-2014, 09:17 AM
If Phil finds someone to take Bargs or Amare I will anoint him the greatest GM ever in his first season.
Oh yeah. It's not happening, but oh yeah.

Why are people such ***** about this btw? If it's extremely unlikely you can do something, should you not try? What exactly is a person's job as president, etc. if not to try to do these type of things? Riley is trying to ship Cole and a crappy pick for a very good pick. That's not happening. But it's s smart thing to try, and maybe the GM you talk to counters with something that sounds better.

Just2McFly
06-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Phoenix will take Amare
he'd probably put up 20/10/3 there with their holy water

kurple
06-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Nobody had 30 million dollars of long term contracts they'd like to start over from? Bucks, pistons

If you were talking about the op's desire to trade him for capspace? Agree 100%
i really hope the knicks trade amare for an even worse contract like J.Smith

that 2016 pick would be GOLDEN

niko
06-26-2014, 09:51 AM
i really hope the knicks trade amare for an even worse contract like J.Smith

that 2016 pick would be GOLDEN
I hope the Nuggets succeed in trading for Kevin Love. It's the best way for us to get him next year.

poido123
06-26-2014, 09:56 AM
It probably goes without saying but all deals involving bargs or amare will have shumpert attached to get a team to bite.

Trying to trade them on their own I'd doubt there's a single team interested.

Heavincent
06-26-2014, 11:07 AM
It probably goes without saying but all deals involving bargs or amare will have shumpert attached to get a team to bite.

Trying to trade them on their own I'd doubt there's a single team interested.

Lets not pretend like Shumpert is that good either. I don't get why people keep acting like he is a significant trade asset.

Rameek
06-26-2014, 11:12 AM
It seems like Phil is making moves like Melo is not going to be here...

Rameek
06-26-2014, 01:37 PM
If I have indicators Melo is not coming back then I wouldnt trade Amare or Bargs. If he comes back then I move one of them plain and simple.

kshutts1
06-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Now that Lebron and Melo opted out, this. No longer are teams hoarding '15 cap space. They need it now. So, again.. good luck.

Best I can see is some team, like the Lakers?, being interested in Hardaway Jr and Shumpert as potential assets moving forward, and have the available salary this year to take on Amare. But that's a rebuild scenario (giving tons of cap space next year) and makes no sense for the Lakers to do after signing Kobe to a lucrative new deal.

Another option would be for a team with a similarly bad contract (or two) to trade for Amare, mostly for potential chemistry issues, or getting out of longer contracts.
Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings for Amare, Hardaway and Shump. Amare has already come off the bench, so that should not be an unacceptable role. Drummond/Monroe up front with Amare playing 25 off the bench for both? Keeps Amare fresh and the other two playing heavy minutes (which they should). Then Hardaway and Shump are, again, potential building blocks moving forward, on cheap deals.

Just2McFly
06-26-2014, 01:49 PM
kshutts is alive? wtf? :wtf: :wtf:

kshutts1
06-26-2014, 01:50 PM
kshutts is alive? wtf? :wtf: :wtf:
? I don't get the reference, if making a joke.

Just2McFly
06-26-2014, 02:06 PM
? I don't get the reference, if making a joke.
I havent seen you post since your brief BTE days.

kshutts1
06-26-2014, 02:08 PM
I havent seen you post since your brief BTE days.
Been more or less a regular on the main forums for the past 2 years or so. Maybe only 1. Fly-on-the-wall regular, though. Not dozens of posts a day.

Just2McFly
06-26-2014, 02:11 PM
Been more or less a regular on the main forums for the past 2 years or so. Maybe only 1. Fly-on-the-wall regular, though. Not dozens of posts a day.
Good to see you post, I'm PowerGlove/Phoenix18 if you were wondering who this is.

kshutts1
06-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Good to see you post, I'm PowerGlove/Phoenix18 if you were wondering who this is.
I honestly don't remember myself being in that thread. Much less other people. So no offense.

I do remember taking an extended leave of absence from ISH, likely because of the thread you are talking about.

DMAVS41
06-26-2014, 02:44 PM
I think the Bucks would do something here.

I like Sanders/Knight a lot actually.

I was hoping the Mavs were going to make a move for them.

Still wouldn't mind a move like that.

The Bucks would definitely do Amare for Sanders/Mayo. Honestly...that might not be good enough for the Knicks. Amare for Sanders/Mayo/Knight...that seems fair.

The Bucks are going to be begging teams to take on 44 million over 4 years for Larry Sanders...and they don't want to keep Knight anyway as they aren't going to pay him after he turns down their qualifying offer. Have the Knicks send over a 2nd round pick and I like it.