PDA

View Full Version : Possible 2014 USA FIBA roster

TAZORAC
06-26-2014, 05:37 AM
Durant, Love, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Anthony Davis, Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry, Andre Iguodala, Paul George, Kyrie Irving and LaMarcus Aldridge all seem likely to make it, if they are healthy.

That's 11 names for a 12-man roster. The final spot probably would go to a big man, possibly DeMarcus Cousins or Andre Drummond.

Derrick Rose, who hasn't played since tearing the medial meniscus in his right knee in November, remains a wild card. Rose told USA Basketball he would like to come to training camp July 28-31 in Las Vegas, and the Chicago Bulls

Uncle Drew
06-26-2014, 05:41 AM
Did you just forget the Finals MVP?

Random_Guy
06-26-2014, 05:53 AM
Did you just forget the Finals MVP?
theyre stacked at sf doe

mentallooser
06-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Not a super impressive team. Should service though.

RichieW
06-26-2014, 07:42 AM
I'd take Kawhi over Iggy

JellyBean
06-26-2014, 07:45 AM
On paper, that roster looks iffy going against some of the FIBA teams. That is just on paper. On the court it could translate into something special....I hope.

mentallooser
06-26-2014, 07:46 AM
I'd take Kawhi over Iggy
I might even take him over George as he seems slightly better suited to the international game than George. Not complaining though. George getting to train with these guys in competitive ball over the summer can only improve some of the weaknesses in his game.

mentallooser
06-26-2014, 07:46 AM
On paper, that roster looks iffy going against some of the FIBA teams. That is just on paper. On the court it could translate into something special....I hope.
Yea. Coach K is a fantastic coach, here's hoping he picks the roster that will best meld together quickly over necessarily the most talent.

TAZORAC
06-28-2014, 03:39 AM
Not a super impressive team. Should service though.

It's equal to the 2010 team, Durant is a much better player now then he was back then.

06-28-2014, 04:20 AM
No Dwight Howard?

Genaro
06-28-2014, 04:22 AM
No one can guard Durant. If he's playing, USA will win.

KG215
06-28-2014, 04:48 AM
It's equal to the 2010 team, Durant is a much better player now then he was back then.
That's better than the 2010 team. Much better. 21 year old, pre-breakout and not yet established superstar Durant was easily Team USA's best player in 2010. Other than LeBron and CP3, you've got 10 other players that are consensus top 10 or top 15 players in the NBA including the reigning MVP and hands down 2nd best player on the planet who, at his current level, isn't all that far behind LeBron.

I would feel better if we had at least one of LeBron or Carmelo. LeBron, obviously, because he's the best player in the world, and Carmelo because he's a f***ing beast in international play. We've still got Durant, though, who is like the ideal international player.

TAZORAC
06-29-2014, 04:37 AM
That's better than the 2010 team. Much better. 21 year old, pre-breakout and not yet established superstar Durant was easily Team USA's best player in 2010. Other than LeBron and CP3, you've got 10 other players that are consensus top 10 or top 15 players in the NBA including the reigning MVP and hands down 2nd best player on the planet who, at his current level, isn't all that far behind LeBron.

I would feel better if we had at least one of LeBron or Carmelo. LeBron, obviously, because he's the best player in the world, and Carmelo because he's a f***ing beast in international play. We've still got Durant, though, who is like the ideal international player.

James, Anthony and the likes need breaks, they've been playing summer basketball since 2004.

KingPush
06-29-2014, 04:48 AM
Is Coach K the coach for this team? Or does he only do the olympic team?

if he is then im pretty sure Kyrie gets a spot

SamuraiSWISH
06-29-2014, 04:49 AM
if he is then im pretty sure Kyrie gets a spot
I rather have D.Rose than Kyrie Irving. Even with the 2x year layoff. Better defender.

plowking
06-29-2014, 04:55 AM
Cousins and Drummond will absolutely shit on foreign big men.

Saying that though, they'll probably call BS fouls on them to make the games close.

Oly BC
06-29-2014, 07:42 AM

Saying that though, they'll probably call BS fouls on them to make the games close.
Protesting in advance is the pro way to deal with a coming defeat.

hawkfan
06-29-2014, 08:02 AM
Westbrook should DIY out for health reasons and Jeff Teague should get that spot.

Rooster
06-29-2014, 10:17 AM

You don't need a traditional center to win it all. All it takes was Lamar Odom. He feasted on those unfit unathletic soft Euros. Even Iguodola was playing power forward. But Spain has good big NBA players so you probably need someone like Cousins to muscle them up.

Rooster
06-29-2014, 10:24 AM
No one can guard Durant. If he's playing, USA will win.

There's no stopping Durant in this tourney. He was green when he feasted on those slow unathletic and unfit soft Euros.

Rooster
06-29-2014, 10:31 AM
I rather have D.Rose than Kyrie Irving. Even with the 2x year layoff. Better defender.

No way. Not at this type of game. Rose struggled the last time and he was healthy back then. Rose was bricking all the open shots including free throws. Beside those other teams will foul immediately to prevent any transitional baskets.

Oly BC
06-29-2014, 10:36 AM
There's no stopping Durant in this tourney. He was green when he feasted on those slow unathletic and unfit soft Euros.
I understand you're trolling and trying to draw attention but that is actually racist and of poor taste. What is the equivalent, someone railing about black americans being too dumb?

These things aren't needed, find a different shtick.

GimmeThat
06-29-2014, 10:47 AM
probably 6-8 of them shouldn't make the 2018 team

just for continuity and longevity sake of the program.

hawksdogsbraves
06-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Protesting in advance is the pro way to deal with a coming defeat.

Go tell that to your deranged butt buddy Euroleague, he's already writing essays about how the USA is only going to win because we 'rigged' the whole tournament somehow.

Euroleague
06-29-2014, 02:07 PM
You don't need a traditional center to win it all. All it takes was Lamar Odom. He feasted on those unfit unathletic soft Euros. Even Iguodola was playing power forward. But Spain has good big NBA players so you probably need someone like Cousins to muscle them up.

Odom averaged 7 points and 4 rebounds a game. As you have been told here dozens of times.

STOP TROLLING.

He was barely even average.

Euroleague
06-29-2014, 02:09 PM
I understand you're trolling and trying to draw attention but that is actually racist and of poor taste. What is the equivalent, someone railing about black americans being too dumb?

These things aren't needed, find a different shtick.

He's an extreme racist but he usually gets away with it. He did however recently take a long ban for some incredibly racist things he said though.

Unfortunately, the site does not ban when the racism is simply directed towards white people.

Oly BC
06-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Go tell that to your deranged butt buddy Euroleague, he's already writing essays about how the USA is only going to win because we 'rigged' the whole tournament somehow.
He's wrong, the US won't win.

ZHAKIDD532
06-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Chris Paul/Russell Westbrook/Stephen Curry
James Harden/Clay Thompson
LeBron James/Kawhi Leonard
Carmelo Anthony/Kevin Love/Blake Griffin
Anthony Davis/LaMarcus Aldridge

SamuraiSWISH
06-29-2014, 06:38 PM
C - A. Davis / Cousins
F - Aldridge / Love
F - Durant / George / K. Leonard
G - Westbrook / Iguodala
G - Curry / Harden / D. Rose

hawksdogsbraves
06-29-2014, 06:50 PM
He's wrong, the US won't win.

Which team(s) do you think is better?

SamuraiSWISH
06-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Curry, Durant, and Aldridge will shit on teams with the sharp shooting. George, Leonard, Iguodala will lock people up. Cousins, Love, Drummond, Davis protect the paint, snatching up boards, banging bodies. Westbrook, Harden, Rose will tear up defenses off the bounce slashing to the rim. Whose going to beat them?

AboutBuckets
06-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Curry, Durant, and Aldridge will shit on teams with the sharp shooting. George, Leonard, Iguodala will lock people up. Cousins, Love, Drummond, Davis protect the paint, snatching up boards, banging bodies. Westbrook, Harden, Rose will tear up defenses off the bounce slashing to the rim. Whose going to beat them?

Lol

Completely agree with the rest though

iznogood
06-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Yea. Coach K is a fantastic coach, here's hoping he picks the roster that will best meld together quickly over necessarily the most talent.
Are you being sarcastic? I though Krzyzewski was being rescued by the crazy amount of talent on the roster pretty often.

outbreak
06-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Lol

Completely agree with the rest though

he did say snatching up boards and banging bodies so Love can get boards at least.

Anyway I've been told from a poster here that the Greek line up will still apparently beat this with ease