PDA

View Full Version : Kings should trade Rudy Gay for Josh Smith

andremiller07
06-26-2014, 06:35 AM
#1 Kings need a athletic shot blocking PF next to Cousins we have not had one since we drafted Cuz. In general the Kings NEED DEFENSE Josh Smith provides that Rudy Gay is soft as and does not.

Aside from Ibaka (who is not getting traded), Sanders (who is in drug rehab) and Gibson (tough seeing the Bulls giving him up) there is not a better PF from a defensive point of view to pair up with Cuz.

#2 The Kings need more playmaking as stupid as Smith is, he has good natural passing instincts (averaged 3-4 apg most his career), he would literally right now be the best passer on the team (he's also the only guy with playmaking out of the PF's I mentioned above).

#3 Kings need elite shooters at SG/SF not ball stoppers , Mclemore has a chance to be a excellent shooter (plays well without the ball) and Rudy Gay stops the ball way to much. Sign Anthony Morrow you got your gun shooter, floor spacing for days if Mclemore can get his confidents up.

This move helps both teams

Rose'sACL
06-26-2014, 06:39 AM
i hate rudy gay so much.....this performance made me so angry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkDjHjLgaAM
I dare you to watch that and not be angry at him even if you are a houston fan.

JohnFreeman
06-26-2014, 06:40 AM
Agreed

Yankstar
06-26-2014, 06:44 AM
If the kings can get Gay to stop chucking maybe they can get Smith to stop shooting 3's...

andremiller07
06-26-2014, 06:45 AM
If the kings can get Gay to stop chucking maybe they can get Smith to stop shooting 3's...
They couldn't plus if Smith plays defence and blocks shots causes havoc around the rim he's earnt the right to chuck something Rudy Gay will never in his lifetime earn. Smiths 3's just mean offensive boards for Cuz/Evans anyone depending on who is on the floor with him.

KobesFinger
06-26-2014, 06:49 AM

Had to stop watching half way through. It was like watching NBA 2K11. I had a 99 overall SG on the Thunder but Durant was taking 40 shots a game

El Kabong
06-26-2014, 07:50 AM
Not the worst idea. Gay is an expirer, so it'll give them an out on the last 3 years of the Smith deal since he obviously doesn't fit in that well. Gay and Jennings is an ugly chucker pairing, but I'm sure they could still move Jennings on also as he only has 2 years at a reasonable rate on his deal.

Go forward with Monroe, Drummond, KCP and see what you can do from there.

hawkfan
06-26-2014, 08:33 AM
Carl Landry and Derrick Williams for Josh Smith.
Jason Terry for JR Smith.

JR Smith
Josh Smith
DeMarcus Cousins
Rudy Gay
Isiah Thomas

Go Kings!

-Lebron23-
06-26-2014, 08:36 AM
Carl Landry and Derrick Williams for Josh Smith.
Jason Terry for JR Smith.

JR Smith
Josh Smith
DeMarcus Cousins
Rudy Gay
Isiah Thomas

Go Kings!
That lineup needs Felton at PG

Jasper
06-26-2014, 08:48 AM
gay typical player knowing he'll never see a chip , so he hauls the money in...

OP gundy would never take back Gay for Smith

GimmeThat
06-26-2014, 09:51 AM
if you think he can average more than 5 assists playing on the Kings, then it might not be a bad idea.

NumberSix
06-26-2014, 09:55 AM
Da fυck makes you think Stan Van Gundy would want Rudy twinkle toes?

Johnny Jones
06-26-2014, 09:57 AM
OMG IM SO OUTRAGED :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Miles and Miles
06-26-2014, 03:24 PM

He wasn't that guy for the Kings. Hopefully he continues his Kings' ways. Most attempts he took in a Kings uniform were 16/25, 12/24, and 12/23. He had 28 games where he shot over 50% for the Kings last year and one for TOR.

Fork
06-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Who wants Rudy Gay?

Levity
06-26-2014, 03:47 PM
makes sense for both teams, in my opinion. and if they dont, the kings will probably try to extend gay this season. cant see the fans (at least on ish) being too happy about that.

Levity
06-26-2014, 03:48 PM
Who wants Rudy Gay?

if it gets them out of josh smiths contract, the pistons should definitely want him. plus, the 3 is their weakest spot.

Miles and Miles
06-26-2014, 03:53 PM
Who wants Rudy Gay?

Kings. That's why he won't be traded.

D-FENS
06-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Rudy Gay had Pippen potential, and he never understood he was a Pippen. People were telling him he's a Kobe. Big mistake

Fork
06-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Rudy Gay had Pippen potential, and he never understood he was a Pippen. People were telling him he's a Kobe. Big mistake

Is that why he jacks?