PDA

View Full Version : How long joel Embiid injured for?

juju151111
06-26-2014, 01:16 PM
What's the timetable.

Clyde
06-26-2014, 01:20 PM
4-6 months

Smook A.
06-26-2014, 01:22 PM
4-6 months

fpliii
06-26-2014, 01:23 PM
4-6 months

-Smak

CavaliersFTW
06-26-2014, 01:23 PM
eternity

ZenMaster
06-26-2014, 01:30 PM
The 4-6 months is that from now or how much of the regular season he's expected to miss?

Smook A.
06-26-2014, 01:31 PM
The 4-6 months is that from now or how much of the regular season he's expected to miss?
Its from now. He'll be back somewhere between October through December :cheers:

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Its from now. He'll be back somewhere between October through December :cheers:
That's the normal expected healing time. He could very well miss the year and if I drafted him I would bring him back as slowly as possible. Chad Ford is reporting that there are other structural issues with him not just the foot and the back and he may sit even longer and not be able to contribute for two years. I have no idea if any of that is true that's just what he's saying.

BoutPractice
06-26-2014, 02:13 PM
Those are huge details though.

If it's just a one time injury, you draft him without thinking twice. 4, 6, 8 months, whatever. Griffin was injured for a whole year before getting his first minutes on an NBA court.

If it's real unfixable structural issues then you don't draft him at all.

It's either/or.

What exactly are your sources?

PleezeBelieve
06-26-2014, 02:16 PM
If he doesn't go #1, its a STEAL for whoever gets him. 4-6 months is nothing. I will make sure every Cavs fan on earth remembers for eternity that they passed on this guy for a role player (Wiggins)

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 02:18 PM

If it's just a one time injury, you draft him without thinking twice. 4, 6, 8 months, whatever. Griffin was injured for a whole year before getting his first minutes on an NBA court.

It's either/or.

on the Radio this morning he said it may be a couple of years. Here you can read some of what he said in print. Again, it's Chad Ford so take that for what it's worth.

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2014/06/2014_nba_draft_espns_chad_ford_says_joel_embiid_me dical_records_reveal_more_injuries.html

Jailblazers7
06-26-2014, 02:20 PM
If the Sixers pick him that time table is probably more like 6-8 months. They will take their sweet time testing out his foot and back while they lose games. They probably won't go full tank (I hope not) but Hinkie isn't exactly trying to win this season.

I'd personally love to see us go with Embiid and Gary Harris this draft and then snag Stanley Johnson next year.

WeGetRing2012
06-26-2014, 02:23 PM

It's either/or.

Which is why I think he falls to the Lakers at #7. There is not a team in the top 6 who would draft him without doing their due diligence. The Lakers wouldn't either but Arn Tellem is close with the West and Buss family and steered Kobe here in '96. I truly believe that the Lakers are the only team who performed a medical evaluation after the surgery and they probably have access to more informative medical records from Embiid. Embiid is rehabbing here and stated that he wants to live in LA. I'm pretty sure LA is where he and his agent want to go.

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 02:31 PM
If the Sixers pick him that time table is probably more like 6-8 months. They will take their sweet time testing out his foot and back while they lose games. They probably won't go full tank (I hope not) but Hinkie isn't exactly trying to win this season.

I'd personally love to see us go with Embiid and Gary Harris this draft and then snag Stanley Johnson next year.
If the Sixers take him I expect him to sit the year. They are still gonna suck next year and will def be in the lottery and Hinkie actually said that. He said that people need to be patient and not to expect them to be good yet next year. Plus, if they aren't in the lottery they have to give their pick up. I have to be honest, I don't like Harris at all. He's undersized and although he's supposed to be a great shooter, he only shot 35% from 3 just one % point more than Wiggins (shooting twice as many tho). As much as I can't stand the hype around white college players, I think that Stauskas is a better fit if you want to take a shooter. He's the best shooter in the draft and he showed a tremendous amount of improvement in college.

BoutPractice
06-26-2014, 02:34 PM
"Improvement in college" is one variable I used to track with interest until I learnt that Karl Malone had regressed statistically each of his years in college.

Jailblazers7
06-26-2014, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I'm fine with either Stauskus or Harris to be honest. Definitely prefer both over Young. Stauskus has better ball skills too which is a positive. He has further to go on the defensive end but he has proven that he is willing to put in the work. I think I read on Grantland too that he was measured at like 15% body fate so he definitely has some room to improve his physique to improve defensively.

I think he ends up being a better JJ Reddick which is a really good player to be getting at #10.

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I'm fine with either Stauskus or Harris to be honest. Definitely prefer both over Young. Stauskus has better ball skills too which is a positive. He has further to go on the defensive end but he has proven that he is willing to put in the work. I think I read on Grantland too that he was measured at like 15% body fate so he definitely has some room to improve his physique to improve defensively.

I think he ends up being a better JJ Reddick which is a really good player to be getting at #10.
Stausakas was 11% I believe which is weird because he doesn't look fat and added muscle weight after his freshman year. He was really thin his freshman year and put on muscle. He's a gym rat/worker. Here he talks about his defense.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/10/not_just_a_shooter_nik_stauska.html

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/24/nik-stauskas-added-16-pounds-of-muscle-this-offseason-photo/

Fork
06-26-2014, 03:22 PM
Forever

stalkerforlife
06-26-2014, 04:17 PM
His entire adulthood, most likely.