PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Parker signs with JORDAN BRAND and why Jabari is going to be a beast!

TheTruth11
06-26-2014, 01:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11138515/jabari-parker-signs-nike-jordan-brand-nba-draft

This guy is going to be a beast. I hope he goes to the Bucks instead of the dysfunctional Cavs and Dan Gilbert.

The thing I love most about this guy is what lies between his ears -- his mental approach and as Steven A. Smith says, "the dog in him." On the court this kid is a leader, very aggressive, a fighter, and is very vocal. Give me that over the somewhat quiet, passive type any day of the week - even if that quiet, passive type is a slightly better athlete.

Jabari has that thing that separates the Kobe's and Jordan's from the Vince Carter's of the world. Not saying he will be that good but I like his chances of being great because of his mental approach to the game.

Rubio2Gasol
06-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Anyone that puts on 30 punds between March and June don't have it.

BoutPractice
06-26-2014, 02:00 PM
I do think he's got it, but appearances can be deceiving.

Tim Duncan has more competitive fire than 99.9% of the loudmouthed pretenders. Not saying Jabari is that, that's not his style, but our preconceptions about things like leadership, motivation and competitiveness are seriously flawed.

stalkerforlife
06-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Best player in the draft RIGHT NOW. NBA ready. Reminds me of Melo.

Great job signing with Jordan.

Milbuck
06-26-2014, 03:58 PM
I really hope Cleveland passes on him.. We need a pure scorer like him.

Fork
06-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Hope he goes to the bucks

KobesFinger
06-26-2014, 04:00 PM
If the Bucks take him I'll definitely watch Bucks games

KyleKong
I think it's dumb for potential stars like Jabari signing shoe deals before he can start a bidding war over him.

Remember LeBron before the draft, he started a Nike/Adidas bidding war that gave him $100 million before he step foot on the NBA court. Jabari isn't LeBron.

fpliii
bust nah not sure lol

-Smak

TheTruth11
06-26-2014, 04:02 PM
I do think he's got it, but appearances can be deceiving.

Tim Duncan has more competitive fire than 99.9% of the loudmouthed pretenders. Not saying Jabari is that, that's not his style, but our preconceptions about things like leadership, motivation and competitiveness are seriously flawed.

Fair point but fwiw don't forget that he led his high school team to 4 straight championships in a very tough, competitive Chicago/Illinois hoops state. He has been leading and winning for a very long time.

As for the supposed weight gain... he looks the same to me. He actually looked sleeker and more chiseled in his more recent videos. I wonder if there is a little bit of gamesmanship going on that we might not know about.

Fork
06-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Also, I don't understand why you sign players that haven't even stepped on the court.

stalkerforlife
06-26-2014, 04:07 PM
bust nah not sure lol

-Smak

He's a can't miss 20+ppg scorer.

Complete offensive arsenal.

Pointguard
06-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Anyone that puts on 30 punds between March and June don't have it.

Yeah, he looks like he is going to have a weight problem. But his know how with the ball is really unique. In March he's a straight up SF. Now's he's a tweener within three months. I have no doubt he can can post down low but can he rebound like a PF?

KyleKong
06-26-2014, 04:14 PM
-Smak

:roll: :roll:

Fpliii for mod or die.

:crazysam:

fpliii
06-26-2014, 04:15 PM
He's a can't miss 20+ppg scorer.

Complete offensive arsenal.
Read my white text lol.

I'm just concerned that he'll end up a tweener, because I don't know if he can defend a position in the NBA. Also, this bothered me:

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/jabari-parker-s-weight-poor-workout-leave-top-pick-in-question-1.498474

either he tanked the workout to force his way to a team other than Cleveland (pretty beta), or he's not in shape.

TheReal Kendall
06-26-2014, 05:42 PM
I think it's dumb for potential stars like Jabari signing shoe deals before he can start a bidding war over him.

Remember LeBron before the draft, he started a Nike/Adidas bidding war that gave him $100 million before he step foot on the NBA court. Jabari isn't LeBron.

Wasn't Bron sponsored by Adidas all through High School? Just wondering. I remember him wearing a bunch of Adidas gear back then.

SamuraiSWISH
06-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Wasn't Bron sponsored by Adidas all through High School? Just wondering. I remember him wearing a bunch of Adidas gear back then.
Yea, I think he was.

Meticode
06-26-2014, 06:26 PM
You know who else is in the Jordan Brand Family?

Cody Zeller
MKG
Josh Howard
Otto Porter Jr.
Reggie Bullock
Jared Sullinger
Mike Bibby
D.J. Augustin
Juwan Howard
Jared Jefferies
Quentin Richardson

:oldlol: at some of these.

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/jordan/family-athletes

Cocaine80s
06-26-2014, 06:51 PM
He's vocal? He seems like a really quiet dude from the videos I've seen of him. Kinda like d rose except he not socially awkward

lilgodfather1
06-26-2014, 07:01 PM
I hope if the Cavs take him he is, otherwise my opinion is I hope he isn't like other tweeners.

Bones_Jones
06-26-2014, 07:03 PM

His high school was.

TheTruth11
06-26-2014, 07:04 PM
He's vocal? He seems like a really quiet dude from the videos I've seen of him. Kinda like d rose except he not socially awkward

I said vocal on the court.

You must not have watched many Duke games this past year. Off the court he is a laid back easy going guy. On the court he is very vocal. A true Alpha.

TheTruth11
06-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Yeah, he looks like he is going to have a weight problem. But his know how with the ball is really unique. In March he's a straight up SF. Now's he's a tweener within three months. I have no doubt he can can post down low but can he rebound like a PF?

At Duke I believe he averaged 9 boards a game. He can definitely rebound if that's what you need him to do.

Cocaine80s
06-26-2014, 07:07 PM
I said vocal on the court.

You must not have watched many Duke games this past year. Off the court he is a laid back easy going guy. On the court he is very vocal. A true Alpha.

i watched maybe 4 or 5 games this season and he wasnt vocal at all. All he did was call for the ball and drive in to the paint/pull up jumper. Quinn Cook and that other leftie guy (dont remember his name but he scored a lot) were way more vocal than him

TheTruth11
06-26-2014, 07:20 PM
i watched maybe 4 or 5 games this season and he wasnt vocal at all. All he did was call for the ball and drive in to the paint/pull up jumper. Quinn Cook and that other leftie guy (dont remember his name but he scored a lot) were way more vocal than him

I have seen him play since he was a freshman in HS. He is a very vocal player while on the court. At Duke, early on as a Freshman he deferred a bit to the Seniors, etc... you know, paid his dues. But after the mid point of the season he was definitely vocal... and perhaps more important, he is ALWAYS aggressive.

Cocaine80s
06-26-2014, 07:21 PM
I have seen him play since he was a freshman in HS. He is a very vocal player while on the court. At Duke, early on he deferred a bit to the Seniors, etc... you know, paid his dues. But after the mid point of the season he was definitely vocal... and perhaps more important, he is ALWAYS aggressive.

most of the games i watched were this year. the only game i saw in the beginning of the season was him vs wiggins

TheTruth11
06-26-2014, 07:25 PM
most of the games i watched were this year. the only game i saw in the beginning of the season was him vs wiggins

That game he scored 27 points I believe. Real early on in the season. So no, out of the gate, he didn't want to rub his teammates the wrong way by being too vocal and deferred a bit to the older guys. But his play was AGRESSIVE as evidenced by his 27 points.

As the season progressed he became much more vocal.

Cocaine80s
06-26-2014, 07:27 PM
That game he scored 27 points I believe. Real early on in the season. So no, out of the gate, he didn't want to rub his teammates the wrong way by being too vocal and deferred a bit to the older guys. But his play was AGRESSIVE as evidenced by his 27 points.

As the season progressed he became much more vocal.
thats what i said...

The only game i saw of him at the beginning of the season was vs wiggins.

Most of the games i saw of him were mid season on

And no he was not vocal in those games