PDA

View Full Version : Sixers Spend three 1st round picks on players they know won't play

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 09:22 PM
i have never been so upset with a draft pick!Taking a player who won't come over for 3 years.In the most stacked draft in the history of man we WASTE A FKING LOTTERY PICK ON SARIC!!Saric rest in piss.

http://i.imgur.com/7N4ZO.gif

Not removing until: Created 6/24/14
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
[] 76ers make the playoffs
[] Michael Carter-Williams makes a All-Star Game
[] Nerlens Noel plays a game in the NBA regular season

artificial
06-26-2014, 09:29 PM
Short term we are screwed...

That said, the management established the team wasn't winning short term what? 1-2 years ago? There was no way of getting out of mediocrity without this phase.

I have waited long enough without the prospect of my 6ers getting better. Now the Sixers are looking good for the future. We have very, very talented young players in MCW, Noel and Embiid. Given that Embiid and Saric won't be playing this coming year, and the additional draft pick next year, we are in a great position to be high in next year's draft, while developing MCW and Noel. Cap space is wide open so that once the core is hammered with the young talent, it can be surrounded with solid players.

For the first time in quite some time, I'm optimistic and excited about the future of this franchise.

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 09:37 PM
Short term we are screwed...

That said, the management established the team wasn't winning short term what? 1-2 years ago? There was no way of getting out of mediocrity without this phase.

I have waited long enough without the prospect of my 6ers getting better. Now the Sixers are looking good for the future. We have very, very talented young players in MCW, Noel and Embiid. Given that Embiid and Saric won't be playing this coming year, and the additional draft pick next year, we are in a great position to be high in next year's draft, while developing MCW and Noel. Cap space is wide open so that once the core is hammered with the young talent, it can be surrounded with solid players.

For the first time in quite some time, I'm optimistic and excited about the future of this franchise.
We're just in a non stop tanking cycle we are never going to get better from this.Why can't we just draft to get better right now this sht is disgusting we're just gonna be what the cavs are I DONT WANT TO BE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!All the cavs do is just tank over and over again preying for next LeBron and it never comes

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

stalkerforlife
06-26-2014, 09:38 PM
The Embiid pick is horrible, too. Just wait. Dude's body can't handle this shit.

I feel bad for you guys, truly. However, tanking/quitting is for cowards and you got what you deserved.

AnaheimLakers24
06-26-2014, 09:38 PM
:lol

artificial
06-26-2014, 09:48 PM
The Embiid pick is horrible, too. Just wait. Dude's body can't handle this shit.

I feel bad for you guys, truly. However, tanking/quitting is for cowards and you got what you deserved.
I'll wait to judge on Embiid and Noel. They could be injured all their career. They could pull a Griffin after a season out. Nothing says you are right or wrong, because it's just your opinion. Can't argue with that. But if by tanking you mean trading Turner, hell yeah, we be cowards. He is a solid player and I have nothing against him, but he wasn't leading the team anywhere.

We're just in a non stop tanking cycle we are never going to get better from this.Why can't we just draft to get better right now this sht is disgusting we're just gonna be what the cavs are I DONT WANT TO BE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!All the cavs do is just tank over and over again preying for next LeBron and it never comes

At this point, I'm happy that the management is showing the balls to actually blow the house and fully rebuild, rather than hanging on to 1st round exits with mediocre team cores. I have been a 76ers for a while, and was getting frustrated of the mediocrity of the past decade. I can wait 2-3 more years when the future is looking good, but maybe that's just me.

GOBB
06-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Fans are so impatient. I would be too if the front office sold me a dream for next season. Unfortunately? Hinkie has stated in an interview (I'll google it) that this team will be in the lottery next year 2015. This team will not lock up free agents long term to big money deals. That we are going to stockpile assets for the next two years. They are rebuilding and not trying to speed up the process overnight. Paraphrasing here but Sixers fans wanting to compete next year are naive.

Hinkie said this towards the end of the season I think late March-early April.

I did want Nick Stauskus but I wonder if the Sixers would have even drafted him at 10 if he were there anyway. Other than that? I like the draft. Waiting for the second round. Also MCW appears to be staying and chocolatethunder was right. The trade rumors were bogus and BS.

OKC Thunder sucked for how long before they turned it around? And they got criticized for the Russell Westbrook pick at that. Not saying Sixers road will be exactly like them or better. Just saying this team isnt being built to win overnight. Never was.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Dr.J4ever
06-26-2014, 10:07 PM
Fans are so impatient. I would be too if the front office sold me a dream for next season. Unfortunately? Hinkie has stated in an interview (I'll google it) that this team will be in the lottery next year 2015. This team will not lock up free agents long term to big money deals. That we are going to stockpile assets for the next two years. They are rebuilding and not trying to speed up the process overnight. Paraphrasing here but Sixers fans wanting to compete next year are naive.

I did want Nick Stauskus but I wonder if the Sixers would have even drafted him at 10 if he were there anyway. Other than that? I like the draft. Waiting for the second round. Also MCW appears to be staying and chocolatethunder was right. The trade rumors were bogus and BS.

OKC Thunder sucked for how long before they turned it around? And they got criticized for the Russell Westbrook pick at that. Not saying Sixers road will be exactly like them or better. Just saying this team isnt being built to win overnight. Never was.

Really, you are absolutely right. It's just that there is the part in us that thinks with the heart, not the mind. The heart tells us we needed Wiggins so we can be exciting this year with Noel, MCW, and another instant impact player. We would then be instantly relevant and we would all be praised for being instant East contenders or something.

It's not Hinkie's plan, obviously. We have a lot of raw, young players who should be playing in college right now. It will take them 2-3 years to hit their stride. Hinkie knows this, and we should be really good in 2-3 years with all this talent, and cap space.

Let's cheer up. We're still on the right path.

AI09
06-26-2014, 10:08 PM

I agree 100 percent at 3 we got embiid he can be better than anyone in this draft once he gets healthy. Last year we got noel at 6, I think he can be one of the big three from last year's draft mcw and oladipo being the other two. We got arguably the best player available at 10 in saric so what if he won't come here for another 2 years If we had pick 9 and passed on vonleh yeah I'd be pissed but I don't think we passed up on anything great and plus we got a future first in this deal.

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 10:09 PM

Tanking Doesn't win rings taking the best player does.The Thunder have to give away good players cause they tanked for so long they couldnt afford to pay them when they got off their rookie contracts.

Don't get me wrong im ok with the embiid pick as one of them pan out (embiid or noel).Im pissed about wasting a lottery pick in the most stacked draft ever.

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 10:10 PM

I'm totally happy with this. I wanted Stauskas too but he was gone. It was smart trading for Saric and getting the first round pick back and a second. Hinkie has said all along expect them to suck next year and they will. Guess what? The year after that they won't suck and their pick isn't protected and then they'll get Saric coming over and it'll be as if they had a lottery pick. I'm happy. I said if Cleveland was asking too much for Wiggns, that they would take Embiid. Embiid was the biggest talent in the the draft. Huge gamble but if you wanna be great you have to have balls. Hinkie has balls and I'm with that. I'm curious to see what they do with all these second round picks.

Dr.J4ever
06-26-2014, 10:17 PM
I'm totally happy with this. I wanted Stauskas too but he was gone. It was smart trading for Saric and getting the first round pick back and a second. Hinkie has said all along expect them to suck next year and they will. Guess what? The year after that they won't suck and their pick isn't protected and then they'll get Saric coming over and it'll be as if they had a lottery pick. I'm happy. I said if Cleveland was asking too much for Wiggns, that they would take Embiid. Embiid was the biggest talent in the the draft. Huge gamble but if you wanna be great you have to have balls. Hinkie has balls and I'm with that. I'm curious to see what they do with all these second round picks.

Embiid is out 4-6 months. That means he can be back Nov-December THIS YEAR. Why are some people talking like he won't be playing this year? Anything I don't know about?

With Saric, did he really say he can come over in 1 year? I saw this is a comment in Liberty Ballers.

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Embiid is out 4-6 months. That means he can be back Nov-December THIS YEAR. Why are some people talking like he won't be playing this year? Anything I don't know about?

With Saric, did he really say he can come over in 1 year? I saw this is a comment in Liberty Ballers.
Yes a couple of things. First of all the normal recovery time is 4-6 months but it has been speculated that it could take him longer. In addition, if last year is any indication, don't expect then Sixers to rush him back. Noel was ready by February and they didn't bring him back. Given that it's his back and his foot combined, I would expect them to hold him out for the year and err on the side of caution because they will be a lottery team either way so there's not much of a payoff.

Shit, I think Saric signed for two years but that's what I heard earlier. I dunno.

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 10:21 PM

They are tanking again they won't let him play even if he is healthy they will hold him out sigh......We're going to be the cavs i just know it smgdh.

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 10:27 PM
They are tanking again they won't let him play even if he is healthy they will hold him out sigh......We're going to be the cavs i just know it smgdh.
Get some perspective and some balls. This is all in line with what Hinke has said he wanted to do. This is a rebuild from the ground up. If you're looking for something more than that then you should look for another team. Before the injury (to the foot) Embiid was the clear number one. He worked for it and took it from Wiggins over the course of this year. Who cares if they would have gotten a little better this coming year? If they made the playoffs they'd have to surrender the pick. And if they did make the playoff there's almost zero chance they'd get out of the first round. What do you want to be a bottom tier playoff team or to have the chance to have a great team and the best center since Shaq? They're going to exercise caution with Embiid and take it from there. This is a high risk and extremely high reward selection.

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Get some perspective and some balls. This is all in line with what Hinke has said he wanted to do. This is a rebuild from the ground up. If you're looking for something more than that then you should look for another team. Before the injury (to the foot) Embiid was the clear number one. He worked for it and took it from Wiggins over the course of this year. Who cares if they would have gotten a little better this coming year? If they made the playoffs they'd have to surrender the pick. And if they did make the playoff there's almost zero chance they'd get out of the first round. What do you want to be a bottom tier playoff team or to have the chance to have a great team and the best center since Shaq? They're going to exercise caution with Embiid and take it from there. This is a high risk and extremely high reward selection.
You're delusional....Having all these lottery picks won't mean sht in 5 years when we have to pay all of them TANKING MULTIPLE SEASONS DOESN'T WIN RINGS

I wanted Embiid im happy with that pick its the saric pick that I hate

Jailblazers7
06-26-2014, 10:35 PM
I really like the Sixers draft. Really wanted Embiid so I'm happy and I really like Saric as an offensive weapon. We are gonna suck next year but if we land some talent next year like Stanley Johnson then I think our future is bright.

GOBB
06-26-2014, 10:42 PM
Shit, I think Saric signed for two years but that's what I heard earlier. I dunno.

Yeah he signed for two years. Someone mentioned he can opt out after a year? Dont quote me on that. Something I'd have to look up myself. Still dont mind the pick.

Waiting for second round. GRIII, Dinwiddie, Early

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 10:53 PM
You're delusional....Having all these lottery picks won't mean sht in 5 years when we have to pay all of them TANKING MULTIPLE SEASONS DOESN'T WIN RINGS

I wanted Embiid im happy with that pick its the saric pick that I hate

They aren't tanking this year. They took the best available player by far and then drafted a player at 10 who can develop overseas and they GOT THEIR FIRST ROUND PICK BACK along with a second round pick. You need to chill.

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 10:54 PM
Yeah he signed for two years. Someone mentioned he can opt out after a year? Dont quote me on that. Something I'd have to look up myself. Still dont mind the pick.

Waiting for second round. GRIII, Dinwiddie, Early
That would be great if he can opt out. Getting the first round pick back was crucial also. I would like to have GRIII as well.

Edit: Saric said that he could maybe talk to his club and come over next year. I just read that. I'm not sure if he's right or that's true but he said that.

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 10:58 PM
They aren't tanking this year. They took the best available player by far and then drafted a player at 10 who can develop overseas and they GOT THEIR FIRST ROUND PICK BACK along with a second round pick. You need to chill.
Time can show you better than i can tell you.Just remembered this was the day that turned us into the cavs 2.0.

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 11:01 PM
Time can show you better than i can tell you.Just remembered this was the day that turned us into the cavs 2.0.
No it did not.

notatop29pg
06-26-2014, 11:03 PM

Pretty sure they are tanking this year. Embiid won't play, it will be just like Noel. They'll get him to sit out the season to rebuild/recover/improve.

SillyRabbit
06-26-2014, 11:07 PM
Better for them to be a bottom 3 team next year and add another talented player to their prospect pool than to try to compete next year and end up with a pick in the 9-14 range.

Even in the E̶a̶s̶y̶ East, they weren't going to make the playoffs next year no matter who they picked.

chocolatethunder
Pretty sure they are tanking this year. Embiid won't play, it will be just like Noel. They'll get him to sit out the season to rebuild/recover/improve.
What else would they do? Have him come back early? Bring him along slowly with caution. He won't play but that's the smart thing to do. They're not going to be good anyway so be as cautious as possible. They tanked this year specifically to get one of these three players. They're not tanking for anyone next year, they're gonna suck and they know it but they'll be a little better than this year.

AI09

lol take this guy off the true sixer fan thread

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 11:09 PM
lol take this guy off the true sixer fan thread
Because i don't agree with you im not a fan...grow up
:rolleyes:

AI09
06-26-2014, 11:12 PM
dont bitch and moan who did we pass on at 10 thats gonna help us make the playoffs? We just got Mcdaniels at 32 he could potentially start for us this year

Meticode
06-26-2014, 11:15 PM
I think the picks were dicey by the 76ers, but the high reward they can get is higher than anyone in the draft. They'll suck just as bad as last year if not worse, so they'll get another top 3 pick and Embiid might not even play this season and Saric is 2-3 years away.

215Philly
Why didn't we get Cle?

chocolatethunder
dont bitch and moan who did we pass on at 10 thats gonna help us make the playoffs? We just got Mcdaniels at 32 he could potentially start for us this year
Exactly. What the hell is wrong with Saric? He can go somewhere and develop for a year to two and they won't be paying him. I wanted Stauskas but he was gone. I wouldn't have minded Lavine but he's a huge project. This way, a young talent gets to continue to develop and they get their first round pick back from the Bynum trade plus a second. All of this to move down two spots. I say that's huge. There were no immediate difference makers available then.

Trollsmasher
06-26-2014, 11:17 PM

get this shit out of your posts right now, little boy

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Orlando made the pick for us stop pretending like we didn't control who they picked its annoying. we could of told them to pick TJ Warren

AI09
06-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Exactly. What the hell is wrong with Saric? He can go somewhere and develop for a year to two and they won't be paying him. I wanted Stauskas but he was gone. I wouldn't have minded Lavine but he's a huge project. This way, a young talent gets to continue to develop and they get their first round pick back from the Bynum trade plus a second. All of this to move down two spots. I say that's huge. There were no immediate difference makers available then.

when saric comes over he will be 22 and more nba ready plus we will be getting another 1rst rounder and 2nd rounder i think saric and mcdanials both have the potential to be better nba pros than most late tean late first rounders and now jeremi grant im more pissed we didnt address our shooting issues than the saric trade

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 11:20 PM
when saric comes over he will be 22 and more nba ready plus we will be getting another 1rst rounder and 2nd rounder i think saric and mcdanials both have the potential to be better nba pros than most late tean late first rounders and now jeremi grant im more pissed we didnt address our shooting issues than the saric trade
I could be wrong just saying wish we took someone who i know will be on the team
next year

GOBB
06-26-2014, 11:23 PM
I wanted GRIII. Damnit, I'm not a fan of Grant.

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 11:23 PM
I was hoping for some shooting too but they've gone for athleticism.

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 11:24 PM
I wanted GRIII. Damnit, I'm not a fan of Grant.
Me too. On both counts.

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 11:24 PM
I could be wrong just saying wish we took someone who may not play for us for 3 years in the most overhyped draft ever.

Again, he won't be playing for two years max and he just said that he may come over after one year. This was a good draft.

AI09
06-26-2014, 11:30 PM
I could be wrong just saying wish we took someone who may not play for us for 3 years in the most overhyped draft ever.

there was a big drop off from 9 to 10 in this draft the top 8 is what hyped this draft so much. if you wanna see rookies play we will have plenty of them this year if stauk or vonleh dropped than i can see why you would be pissed but tell me who would you have drafted at 10? Do you think he can help us make the playoffs? Honestly ill pass on the playoff for one more year no way we get out the first round and plus we lose our pick if we make playoffs. Id rather have a top lottery pick than a first round exit and no pick next year. we had first round exits and medicore picks since AI and where did it get us

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 11:31 PM
there was a big drop off from 9 to 10 in this draft the top 8 is what hyped this draft so much. if you wanna see rookies play we will have plenty of them this year if stauk or vonleh dropped than i can see why you would be pissed but tell me who would you have drafted at 10? Do you think he can help us make the playoffs? Honestly ill pass on the playoff for one more year no way we get out the first round and plus we lose our pick if we make playoffs. Id rather have a top lottery pick than a first round exit mid teen pick next year. we had that since 98 and where did it get us
Well said. thanks for taking over for me, I was getting tired of saying the same shit haha.

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 11:32 PM
there was a big drop off from 9 to 10 in this draft the top 8 is what hyped this draft so much. if you wanna see rookies play we will have plenty of them this year if stauk or vonleh dropped than i can see why you would be pissed but tell me who would you have drafted at 10? Do you think he can help us make the playoffs? Honestly ill pass on the playoff for one more year no way we get out the first round and plus we lose our pick if we make playoffs. Id rather have a top lottery pick than a first round exit mid teen pick next year. we had that since 98 and where did it get us
We have Noel and Embiid why do we need another big it makes no sense?Why waste another lottery pick on your frontcourt sht if you don't like whats left just trade the pick for someone.

AI09
06-26-2014, 11:34 PM
We have Noel and Embiid why do we need another big it makes no sense?Why waste another lottery pick on your frontcourt sht if you don't like whats left just trade the pick for someone.

saric plays sf we dont have one....

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 11:37 PM
saric plays sf we dont have one....
He is going to play PF in the NBA be real you know damn well he's not playing sf in the nba.Every expert says he is a Boris Diaw PF type of player in the nba.

AI09
06-26-2014, 11:39 PM
boris diaw plays pf because he is over weight. When diaw was younger and healthier he played small foward for atlanta and suns

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 11:40 PM
He is going to play PF in the NBA be real you know damn well he's not playing sf in the nba.Every expert says he is a Boris Diaw PF type of player in the nba.

First of all, Diaw has played the one the three and the four. Saric is projected as a three in the NBA.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/dario-saric-nba-draft

AI09
06-26-2014, 11:40 PM

Saric is 6 9 215 pounds no way he plays pf

AI09
06-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Watch some videos on the kid

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 11:44 PM
MCW
????
SARIC
NOEL
EMBIID

your happy with this starting line up......http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rZxKilLVYk4/Tzp5FHku2yI/AAAAAAAAAyU/g_k73uauybI/s1600/jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

When everyone in the nba is getting smaller and faster

Yall got it im done arguing if you think this sht is good your BAT .SHIT CRAZY!

UK2K
06-26-2014, 11:46 PM
If I was the Sixers Id either trade the 3rd pick or I trade Nerlens.

Its stupid to have both, they can't play together. They are identical players.

Jailblazers7
06-26-2014, 11:49 PM

Did you watch either play in college? I'd say their player comps are very different. Noel as a future Tyson Chandler and Embiid as a future Tim Duncan are how I'd project them based on skills and style.

artificial
06-26-2014, 11:49 PM
MCW
????
SARIC
NOEL
EMBIID

your happy with this starting line up......

And exactly what the hell did you want? What is that obvious master plan that should have been executed according to you? Did you really look at the situation and thought "oh, if we pick this and this guy we are championship bound"?

No one thinks we are set for the future with the current roster. But it does look like management is slowly but steadily putting pieces together.

AI09
06-26-2014, 11:50 PM
MCW
????
SARIC
NOEL
EMBIID

your happy with this starting line up......http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rZxKilLVYk4/Tzp5FHku2yI/AAAAAAAAAyU/g_k73uauybI/s1600/jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

Yall got it im done arguing if you think this sht is good your BAT .SHIT CRAZY!

Do you think thats going to be our roster going in next season or after next season when we make a push for playoffs. you seem to forget we have money up the ass to throw at FA this and next year. Your just mad we didnt get wiggens you still cant name anyone at 10 that will help us make the playoffs next year. We have all these assets to trade for a superstar too. Be patient hinkie said when he came in this is a 2-4 process

chocolatethunder
06-26-2014, 11:51 PM

Noel can run the floor great and is extremely fast and athletic. He's long and a super leaper. He has very little offensive skill but is really active and will be able to guard fours in the NBA. He's nothing like Noel at all. The can easily play together.

AI09
06-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Sixers got Embiid Saric future first future 2nd Mcdanials Pierre Jackson grant
and two serbians with late 2nd rounds picks

RedBlackAttack
06-26-2014, 11:57 PM
Embiid was the only pick to make at 3. With Wiggins and Parker off the board, his ceiling as the next great center in the NBA outweighed the risks.

I don't know a ton about Saric, but I'm to the point where I'll trust Hinkie on him. I feel like he's earned some faith with the way he's killed it in the draft the last two years.

The Sixers have a ridiculous amount of potential and will likely continue adding to this young core in the next draft. Two or three years down the road, this could be a juggernaut.

AI09
06-27-2014, 12:01 AM
Mcdanials Grant are both first round talents Pierre Jackson Is a really good 3rd string pg behind mcw and wroten. The other two guys could be stashed over seas

chocolatethunder
06-27-2014, 12:01 AM
Embiid was the only pick to make at 3. With Wiggins and Parker off the board, his ceiling as the next great center in the NBA outweighed the risks.

I don't know a ton about Saric, but I'm to the point where I'll trust Hinkie on him. I feel like he's earned some faith with the way he's killed it in the draft the last two years.

The Sixers have a ridiculous amount of potential and will likely continue adding to this young core in the next draft. Two or three years down the road, this could be a juggernaut.
Exactly.

artificial
06-27-2014, 12:04 AM
And to be honest, I didn't like Saric either. I wanted McDermott, but whatever. It's the 10th pick and even if it blows won't be the end of the world.

I'm at a point where I'm willing to trust Hinckie, at least for 2 more years. Future is looking good for the 76ers, and it's been a while.

Im so nba'd out
06-27-2014, 12:11 AM

This is the last thing i will say in this thread.If you call killing it being the worst team in the league last yr and projected to be even worse next yr killing it....yup he killed it alright turned us right into the cavs 2.0 lottery picks for the next 5 years :banghead:

Styles p
06-27-2014, 12:34 AM
i'm ok with the draft we had. it does suck we're probably not gonna see embiid at all after just doing the same thing with noel. but technically we got the consensus first pick in back to back seasons.

donsanchez306
06-27-2014, 12:36 AM
Wow I flipped through five pages reading prisoners of the moment. let it breathe a little . we'll be nba2k16 kill as at least lol.

Meticode
06-27-2014, 12:38 AM
I don't see Noel and Embiid playing together at the same time.

AI09
06-27-2014, 12:43 AM
This is the last thing i will say in this thread.If you call killing it being the worst team in the league last yr and projected to be even worse next yr killing it....yup he killed it alright turned us right into the cavs 2.0 lottery picks for the next 5 years :banghead:

A full rebuild without shortcuts takes 3-5 years. Sixers are on track in my opinion and will be contending for a playoffs spot after next season. What's worse passing on possibly the best prospect in embiid and pick a julius Randle and still miss the playoffs next year anyway or letting embiid recover like noel and get him ready for a 2016 playoff push. I don't think you understand what embiid could be if he is healthy. He has a chance to go down as a top 10 center in history, you don't pass on that with the 3rd pick in any draft. Saric has the potential to be better than anyone at 10th overall not to mention the future 1rst and 2nd rounders we got. In my opinion Mcdaniel s and Jeremi grant are both guy who are ready to step in and play right away just on there defence alone. Pierre Jackson is a great addition he was drafted last year and stashed in the d league last year. He tore up the D league and he's nba ready. All this and we still have assets like thad young and jason Richardson expiring contract as trade bait

Styles p
06-27-2014, 12:44 AM
noel was working on his shot all last season, i'm sure embiid will be doing the same embiid's shot doesn't even look that bad as it is.

AI09
06-27-2014, 12:50 AM

Philly could rest embiid this season similar to what they did with noel last year and improve his game in the meantime. Noel will be healthy this year and have a chance to show his potential. When embiid is healthy they can slowly ease him in and have him split the 48 min with noel or even play them together until they figure out who to keep. Isn't hard to trade a 7 foot athletic shot blocker on a rookie contract and Hinkie nows how to get value.

RedBlackAttack
06-27-2014, 01:01 AM
They drafted the ROY at No. 11, while unloading their previous PG for what many people thought was the best player in last year's draft (Noel) and Saric this year.

The Sixers may have gotten what will be the two best players out of a historically awful draft last year. I think we can already objectively say that MCW was a steal where they got him considering the talent pool.

Yeah, "killed it" is appropriate to date. And I'm not a Sixers fan.

AI09
06-27-2014, 01:25 AM
They drafted the ROY at No. 11, while unloading their previous PG for what many people thought was the best player in last year's draft (Noel) and Saric this year.

The Sixers may have gotten what will be the two best players out of a historically awful draft last year. I think we can already objectively say that MCW was a steal where they got him considering the talent pool.

Yeah, "killed it" is appropriate to date. And I'm not a Sixers fan.
I agree 100%
They flipped Jru for Noel Saric a future first and a future 2nd and major cap flexibility for next off season FA. If we didn't trade Jru do we still draft MCW? If we kept jru we would we be able to get embiid? What would have Jru Turner young and hawes done for us this year? Either they miss the playoffs or get eliminated 1rst round and have the 14-18 pick this draft. But this clown doesn't seem to understand what rebuild means.

Im so nba'd out
06-28-2014, 08:16 PM
If you think NBA players will just be ok with losing for 4 years your crazy.These dudes are going to get sick of losing and just leave the team.I don't know how Sam Hinkie got all of you drinking the "cool-aid" he is selling to you but this draft ruined our team we will be a lottery team for the next 5 years and maybe even longer than that smh.....Most stacked draft ever and we take a player that may never come over in the lottery....unbelievable....THIS SACK OF .SHIT RUINED OUR ****ING TEAM

chocolatethunder
06-29-2014, 12:17 AM
If you think NBA players will just be ok with losing for 4 years your crazy.These dudes are going to get sick of losing and just leave the team.I don't know how Sam Hinkie got all of you drinking the "cool-aid" he is selling to you but this draft ruined our team we will be a lottery team for the next 5 years and maybe even longer than that smh.....Most stacked draft ever and we take a player that may never come over in the lottery....unbelievable....THIS SACK OF .SHIT RUINED OUR ****ING TEAM
Most stacked draft ever? You are out of your damn mind. Lottery team for the next five years? Not a chance. Next year will be the last one in the lottery. What he's doing is undoing all the mistakes from the previous regime. Getting picks back that they traded away and getting more picks to have in the future when they are good. You're not very bright because you're incapable of understanding what's happening. Good luck in life.

Im so nba'd out
06-29-2014, 12:27 AM
Most stacked draft ever? You are out of your damn mind. Lottery team for the next five years? Not a chance. Next year will be the last one in the lottery. What he's doing is undoing all the mistakes from the previous regime. Getting picks back that they traded away and getting more picks to have in the future when they are good. You're not very bright because you're incapable of understanding what's happening. Good luck in life.
Its sad your such a sheep you just don't see it.I give uphttp://static.gamespot.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_small/86/868294/2532199-1321628363395.gif

Dr.J4ever
06-29-2014, 11:40 AM
A full rebuild without shortcuts takes 3-5 years. Sixers are on track in my opinion and will be contending for a playoffs spot after next season. What's worse passing on possibly the best prospect in embiid and pick a julius Randle and still miss the playoffs next year anyway or letting embiid recover like noel and get him ready for a 2016 playoff push. I don't think you understand what embiid could be if he is healthy. He has a chance to go down as a top 10 center in history, you don't pass on that with the 3rd pick in any draft. Saric has the potential to be better than anyone at 10th overall not to mention the future 1rst and 2nd rounders we got. In my opinion Mcdaniel s and Jeremi grant are both guy who are ready to step in and play right away just on there defence alone. Pierre Jackson is a great addition he was drafted last year and stashed in the d league last year. He tore up the D league and he's nba ready. All this and we still have assets like thad young and jason Richardson expiring contract as trade bait

It's hard for some people. I saw an article somewhere talking about winning in the NBA is like a drug. The focus on every team is to win anything; games, a series, anything. They don't care if there is no plan as long as you win more than you lose. It doesn't matter if it leads to anywhere.

Most teams in the league fit this like a tee. Except for the usual suspects, how many teams really have a chance to win titles? SA, Miami, OKC, and maybe a couple of other Western teams. That's it. The rest of the teams are merely playing to make a show of it all. Pathetic!

This is what Sixer fans have suffered through since AI left. We've been middling along getting 7th seeds or 8th seeds. We beat a Rose-less Bulls team a couple years ago in the 1 st round, Yay! And then we have been fed to the sharks in the next round, if we even get there.

No more. The Sixers have a proud history, second to none really with 3 titles and 9 Finals appearances(more than any team except Celts and LA). More than that though, the Sixers have anchored much of NBA history with some of the greatest players ever playing in some of the more memorable games ever.

We want to be ultra relevant again, and I don't care if it takes a Hinkie to show how flawed the NBA system is, that is what we will do.