PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Anderson gets the Pop tick of approval.

Bimbo Coles
06-26-2014, 11:04 PM
He peaked at #3 in most of the mock drafts during the Bruins' run in the tournament! You probably won't see the best of him as a role player, but you know he'll get his game polished. A point forward who can control the tempo in today's game is an anomaly.

russwest0
06-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Boris Diaw replacement.

ProfessorMurder
06-26-2014, 11:06 PM
Yup sneaky good pick in my opinion.

1987_Lakers
06-26-2014, 11:07 PM
Will be out of the league in 5 years like most late first rounders.

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 11:10 PM
Another amazing pick up by the spurs :applause:

Quizno
06-26-2014, 11:13 PM
this is so ignorant. if you watched him play at all, you'd know there's nooo way he'll be out of the league. he'll be a very solid player

Leroy Jetson
06-27-2014, 03:55 AM
I'm sure you would know better than the Spurs front office. It seems pretty unanimous in everything I've read that they may have gotten one of the steals in the draft again. The more I read about this guy the more excited I am to see him in a Spurs uniform. He seems like a perfect fit and Pop will mold him into another very solid player if not better.

BoutPractice
06-27-2014, 04:03 AM
I had him as a top 10 player in the draft... someone needs to call the cops :lol

blacknapalm
06-27-2014, 04:18 AM
I had him as a top 10 player in the draft... someone needs to call the cops :lol

that's bold. i had him top 15 but still. i think most mock drafts had him going top 20-25. steal of the draft so far imo, especially going to that team since he has...unconventional skills. def a diaw backup plan. not sure he can bully his way into the paint yet but his shot on the perimeter is improving and his passing and vision will make for some interesting matchups. pops will find a way to utilize but maybe not so much this season. i don't understand how teams let these type of players just fall to the spurs.

BoutPractice
06-27-2014, 04:22 AM
I honestly think he could've been a major stat sheet stuffer on a rebuilding team, but this'll be a perfect fit for him.

The Spurs will toughen him up, get rid of the superficial parts of his game and force him to play defense... He'll also get to learn under Boris. Great pick as usual.

GimmeThat
06-27-2014, 04:28 AM
it's odd.

because the league knows what type of players that fits with the Spurs and the Spurs organization. Yet, no one takes the pick away from them.

Because they probably all secretly wants to beat Pops Spurs by saying
"yup, your players have skills, but we want to use athleticism/player development/star iso plays to out duel your system"

Collie
06-27-2014, 04:40 AM
it's odd.

because the league knows what type of players that fits with the Spurs and the Spurs organization. Yet, no one takes the pick away from them.

Because they probably all secretly wants to beat Pops Spurs by saying
"yup, your players have skills, but we want to use athleticism/player development/star iso plays to out duel your system"

In the end, it's more about getting what you need than screwing over some other team. I'm sure the other teams looked at him and guessed that they couldn't properly fit him in with the culture/playstyle/players, so they passed on him (as they should have).

BoutPractice
06-27-2014, 04:40 AM
Yeah, I too wonder how they could just let him fall to them.

I mean, the more I think about it, the more his fit with the Spurs is almost comical.

You're talking about an old school, high IQ pointforward with great fundamentals, whose nickname is literally "Slow Mo". It's like he was made in a San Antonio Spurs factory or something.

Oklahoma City is their main rivals, they had a golden opportunity to steal Anderson knowing he would 100% be a Spur otherwise, and that he helped solve some of their ball movement/bball IQ problems.

Instead they let the rich get richer: now you have a situation where the Spurs can let Diaw get some rest... and STILL have a multidimensional 6-9 point guard on the court.

GimmeThat
06-27-2014, 04:42 AM
raise your hand if you forgot to bring your ego to the poker table today

good. can people get my fans to take down the sign "chode"

Random_Guy
06-27-2014, 04:49 AM
Maybe on any other team but the spurs are the exception. Damn if I wasn't a lottery pick I would want to be drafted by the spurs the most

RedBlackAttack
06-27-2014, 04:52 AM
You know you have the best organization in professional sports when people automatically assume a guy is a stud based on you taking him. And, that's pretty much where I'm at with this pick.

Kid looks like Diaw 2.0.

blacknapalm
06-27-2014, 05:00 AM
Yeah, I too wonder how they could just let him fall to them.

I mean, the more I think about it, the more his fit with the Spurs is almost comical.

You're talking about an old school, high IQ pointforward with great fundamentals, whose nickname is literally "Slow Mo". It's like he was made in a San Antonio Spurs factory or something.

Oklahoma City is their main rivals, they had a golden opportunity to steal Anderson knowing he would 100% be a Spur otherwise, and that he helped solve some of their ball movement/bball IQ problems.

Instead they let the rich get richer: now you have a situation where the Spurs can let Diaw get some rest... and STILL have a multidimensional 6-9 point guard on the court.

not sure how he would have fit in OKC's system though. you need a coach that can utilize his unique skillset and that system simply doesn't. every team's big board is different and you can't just 'c0ck block' other teams but anderson is almost tailor made for the spurs.

mcgary is a nice replacement for collison on OKC imo....anyone that knows me knows that i love collison as a role player. he does all the little things and has quick moves to the basket when he gets it. dude just plays ball. he does so much that doesn't show up in the stat sheets.

prob not as good as collison overall. not sure you can fault OKC for taking mcgary based on personnel/coaching.

kurple
06-27-2014, 06:52 AM
Major steal. Biggets of the draft. He and Pop will do great things together for years to come

Other GMs sure make it easy for the Spurs

kurple
06-27-2014, 06:53 AM
You know you have the best organization in professional sports when people automatically assume a guy is a stud based on you taking him. And, that's pretty much where I'm at with this pick.

Kid looks like Diaw 2.0.
Most knew he was a stud way before the Spurs took him

Rich mans diaw imo

andremiller07
06-27-2014, 07:15 AM

Kid looks like Diaw 2.0.
I agree I been saying this for a while now. Love his game once he bulks up and starts taking people into the post it's just going to get super nasty.

All Net
06-27-2014, 07:30 AM
Spurs do it again

T_L_P
06-27-2014, 07:38 AM
Teams these days draft for athleticism and potential.

The Spurs just picked a solid, high IQ player who can learn under two great bigs.

I love this pick.

BoutPractice
06-27-2014, 07:57 AM
He's such a natural fit you won't even remember if he was there for the 2014 championship team or only for the 2015 championship team :D

Aydin
06-27-2014, 07:59 AM
I wouldnt call it a draft steel since he is not as good as expected.

He is so slow and looks very lazy.

He has to work like crazy to get some quickness and definition.

BlazerRed
06-27-2014, 08:00 AM
Still can't believe the Spurs got this guy. Unreal.

Jailblazers7
06-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Yeah, once ESPN showed the top remaining players at pick 22 or something I knew Anderson would end up with SA. He is too much of a Spurs kind of guy to not go there.

GimmeThat
06-27-2014, 08:46 AM
I have never seen a franchise praise a role player like that

especially one drafted so late into the draft.

AlphaWolf24
06-27-2014, 12:21 PM
the thing with Anderson is.....He has excellent court awareness....he is always looking for the pass.

didn't think he would still be around for the Spurs to take....6'9" long arms with nice handles....and always looks for the open man..

Spurs:bowdown: :wtf: :mad:

not fair...not fair!

STATUTORY
06-27-2014, 12:26 PM
sleeper pick, pop knows what he's doing. high iq players like anderson are a rarity

SHAQisGOAT
06-27-2014, 01:08 PM
Yup, seems like a great fit.

qrich
06-27-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm happy about CJ Wilcox....but why the hell did Doc pass up on Kyle when SF is a bigger need than SG where JJ, Jamal and Willie already are