PDA

View Full Version : Bruno Caboclo Raps 1st rounder GAME FOOTAGE*

Twiens
06-26-2014, 11:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVk4t-H0XaA

Looking like KD :bowdown:

RedBlackAttack
06-26-2014, 11:54 PM
This is what you call a homerun swing. I'm usually all about potential, but at 20 in this draft? Gary Harris went the pick before and he has tons of upside and will be playing immediately.

I don't know... I've liked the direction of the Raptors recently, but this remains a bit of a head-scratcher. :confusedshrug:

Never know... maybe he will be the Brazilian Durant.

buddha
06-26-2014, 11:56 PM
This was a total Cleveland pick.

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2014, 11:56 PM
came in expecting a troll video mocking the raptors.....left disappointed.

kaiteng
06-26-2014, 11:59 PM
came in expecting a troll video mocking the raptors.....left disappointed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLYIguQX8P0

Close enough, I think.

Twiens
06-27-2014, 12:04 AM
This is what you call a homerun swing. I'm usually all about potential, but at 20 in this draft? Gary Harris went the pick before and he has tons of upside and will be playing immediately.

I don't know... I've liked the direction of the Raptors recently, but this remains a bit of a head-scratcher. :confusedshrug:

Never know... maybe he will be the Brazilian Durant.

6'9
7'7 wingspan

Athletic, shoots 3s.....maybe? :confusedshrug:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-27-2014, 12:05 AM
lol the Raptors are such a garbage franchise
Brazilian KD like Turkoglu was the Turkish MJ:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

they gon let Lowry go for pennies too watch

Dave3
06-27-2014, 12:08 AM
Never heard of this guy and don't care. Masai has shown time and time again, he knows what he's doing when no one else has a clue. The "2 years from 2 years" thing was a nice soundbyte by a guy trying to sound clever, but this guy already reminds me of Giannis and is still 18.

At this point I don't mind the pick at all. I'd rather wait and see to judge.

kaiteng
06-27-2014, 12:10 AM
6'9
7'7 wingspan

Athletic, shoots 3s.....maybe? :confusedshrug:
Sounds great so far. It sucks that not a lot of us have seen him play and potential he has. Masai is though a scout and quite a good one, so he may be right.

Can't wait to see him in the Summer League.

Legends66NBA7
06-27-2014, 01:11 AM
To be honest, I think he'll make the squad next season. Is there something restricting him from not making it ?

JtotheIzzo
06-27-2014, 01:15 AM
That video made me feel worse for the Raptors, especially the double take on the post turnaround shot. His jumper looks clunky and all his highlights are of him blocking midgets.

I am worried the Raps got too cute with this pick.

KyleKong
06-27-2014, 01:16 AM
Kevin Durant is the black Bruno Caboclo

Legends66NBA7
06-27-2014, 01:20 AM
That video made me feel worse for the Raptors, especially the double take on the post turnaround shot. His jumper looks clunky and all his highlights are of him blocking midgets.

I am worried the Raps got too cute with this pick.

DeAndre Daniels looks similar too, the 2nd round pick the Raptors took. I'm just reading up on him and checking his strengths and weaknesses. I think he'll be able to make an impact right away, either has a starter or bench player.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-27-2014, 03:31 AM
Never heard of this guy and don't care. Masai has shown time and time again, he knows what he's doing when no one else has a clue. The "2 years from 2 years" thing was a nice soundbyte by a guy trying to sound clever, but this guy already reminds me of Giannis and is still 18.

At this point I don't mind the pick at all. I'd rather wait and see to judge.
This.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-27-2014, 03:34 AM
Looks like a 6-9, defensive, Bill Russell, with a worse perimeter game.

Genaro
06-27-2014, 03:50 AM
Don't be hating on the young fella just because you don't know him. I was weird Raptors pick him at 20 but let's see how he does in the league before we call it a mistake.
That being said, he's obviously not the Brazilian KD but that's not a knock on him, it's just that KD is too damn good to anyone besides Bran compare with him.

I really hope he pans out though. Brasil national team needs a good 3/ stretch 4. Our best 3 is Marcos Vinicius who played in the Hornets a few years back.

nycelt84
06-27-2014, 09:06 AM

You mean the American Bruno Caboclo since they're both black.

Grey Dawn
06-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Sounds great so far. It sucks that not a lot of us have seen him play and potential he has. Masai is though a scout and quite a good one, so he may be right.

Can't wait to see him in the Summer League.

I don't see how that logic can stand though when you use the #20 to get him when you just could have used your next pick (37 was it) to get him anyways.

That fact = poor move

Take Your Lumps
06-27-2014, 11:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/gU93uva.jpg

Twiens
06-27-2014, 11:52 AM
I don't see how that logic can stand though when you use the #20 to get him when you just could have used your next pick (37 was it) to get him anyways.

That fact = poor move

And how would you know this? OKC or Spurs could've snatched him up

steve
06-27-2014, 12:26 PM

That fact = poor move

I don't get this line of reasoning. They reportedly wanted either Ennis or Harris with the 20th pick and once those two were gone, it didn't seem like any of the general consensus choices interested them at all. Ujiri's actually worked with and scouted Caboclo (which doesn't really seem to be the case with anyone else) and has more insight than anyone else on him. You don't really know how the draft is going to play out and if a team think a player has talent, they shouldn't wait to take him if there's even the slightest possibility he might be gone (especially if they're totally indifferent to any other choices).

Draft Express has a video up on him breaking down his game from the FIBA Americas and you can kind of see why Ujiri is high on him. He's definitely raw but I don't think he's as raw as some of the ESPN guys would lead you to believe (the "2 years away from being 2 years away" coming from a known college guy was really disingenuous).

There are a lot of encouraging things about his game just in the limited footage on him thus far. His shot is a little awkward looking, but his form has a high release and it's a consistent motion (there aren't really any hitches and it's fluid throughout). His movements on the court look fluid and he already had a good understanding of how to use his length to bother shooters and close passing lanes. His defense is raw but he hustles and appears to work really hard.

His biggest issues at this point seem to be his lack of coaching and having the muscle definition of an 18 year old. Get him in an environment where he's being coached and I wouldn't be surprised if you see a world of improvement a lot quicker than anyone thinks.

Legends66NBA7
06-27-2014, 06:42 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10338260_10152196148646769_2725918768352498184_n.j pg

The kid has arrived and has made some new friends.

MMM
06-27-2014, 06:48 PM

From what I've seen Bruno already is black or African (South )American.