PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Reminder that Aaron Gordon went to my HS

PerfectCell
06-27-2014, 12:24 AM
Our coach even flew to NYC to be with him on media day.

ZMonkey11
06-27-2014, 12:30 AM
I went to HS with Deron Williams. I watched TJ Ford ball in the Greg. I played pick up with LeMarcus Aldridge. I sat next to Kevin Durant at the greg watching others ball.

Who gives a shit.

outbreak
06-27-2014, 12:32 AM
I went to HS with Deron Williams. I watched TJ Ford ball in the Greg. I played pick up with LeMarcus Aldridge. I sat next to Kevin Durant at the greg watching others ball.

Who gives a shit.
my dad could beat yours up in a fight!

PerfectCell
06-27-2014, 12:32 AM
When he was a senior and i was a freshman. Really nice guy I remember at an open gym towards the beginning of freshman year my mom had to work late and AG was staying behind as always to shoot so I rebounded for him for half an hour and I swear i rebounded that ball the same way you would catch a large diamond falling from a shelf, the ball must have touched the ground only a handful of times in those 30 mins. Overall I was in awe but as the year went by I grew to treat him as a bro like everyone else instead of a celebrity.

bdreason
06-27-2014, 12:33 AM
We used to play against Mitty in pre-season games. Thankfully they didn't have Aaron Gordon back in '98. :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
06-27-2014, 12:34 AM
heh. well i really hope he's ****ing good. really ****ing good.

JohnMax
06-27-2014, 12:36 AM
I was in the same club as 2/5. He had a baseball cap on like he was trying to hide his hairline.

Finger Roll
06-27-2014, 12:38 AM
Very cool story bro.

Here's mine:

I was drinking a Canada Dry Ginger Ale at Raptors 3 on 3 tournament as a kid and Damon Stoudamiere asked me if I was drinking beer. He then dunked the ball to show us he could do it. My team got 2nd place and I ate at least 7 free samples of toaster struddles.

True story.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-27-2014, 12:41 AM
I found a used condom on the floor, had the dna tested, and it was Dwight's little swimmers.

Needless to say, I had it cryogenic frozen and it's now hanging in my game rame. Nicely framed and all, next to my Pete Rose signed baseball and a rare strand of Michael Jordan hair.

Threethrows
06-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Very cool story bro.

Here's mine:

I was drinking a Canada Dry Ginger Ale at Raptors 3 on 3 tournament as a kid and Damon Stoudamiere asked me if I was drinking beer. He then dunked the ball to show us he could do it. My team got 2nd place and I ate at least 7 free samples of toaster struddles.

True story.

Cool. I was at this event put on by a radio station in Portland when I was a kid. Damon almost ran me over with his giant hummer, he didn't even care.

True Story.

AlphaWolf24
06-27-2014, 01:43 PM
I got High hopes for AG...seems like a very hard worker and will continue to improve his game.

If he keeps positive and focused ...no doubt he is an allstar in a few years.

Hopefully he does the South YaY proud.:cheers:

sammichoffate
06-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Brandon Knight played like 20 mins away from my HS. He's tearing it up in Milwaukee right now :pimp:

CelticBaller
06-27-2014, 01:45 PM
but did you **** him? spk?

mattvNJ
06-27-2014, 01:46 PM
smoked an bong with Kyrie at a local college a couple years back

STATUTORY
06-27-2014, 01:47 PM
how popular was he with girls in hs? any stories you can share?

you two eskimo brothers?

SouBeachTalents
06-27-2014, 01:47 PM
When he was a senior and i was a freshman. Really nice guy I remember at an open gym towards the beginning of freshman year my mom had to work late and AG was staying behind as always to shoot so I rebounded for him for half an hour and I swear i rebounded that ball the same way you would catch a large diamond falling from a shelf, the ball must have touched the ground only a handful of times in those 30 mins. Overall I was in awe but as the year went by I grew to treat him as a bro like everyone else instead of a celebrity.

Considering that story and the fact you even made this thread, I'd say that's definitely not true

DCL
06-27-2014, 02:02 PM
off-topic: how much is tuition at mitty these days? like $15-17,000?? your parents pissed hella money away if you didn't get into an ivy league after paying that shit.

Jameerthefear
06-27-2014, 02:04 PM
off-topic: how much is tuition at mitty these days? like $15-17,000?? your parents pissed hella money away if you didn't get into an ivy league after paying that shit.
he's still in highschool.

DCL
06-27-2014, 02:07 PM
he's still in highschool.

edit: your parents are pissing hella money away if you don't get into an ivy league after paying that shit. :oldlol:

Rake2204
06-27-2014, 02:24 PM
During the '99 lockout Chris Crawford assistant coached at a high school we played against. He almost made a dunk once: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqq2i1FZtNM

STATUTORY
06-27-2014, 02:26 PM
edit: your parents are pissing hella money away if you don't get into an ivy league after paying that shit. :oldlol:
https://www.mitty.com/assets/files/academics/schoolprofile.pdf

a lot of parents wasting their money then, not too many great schools on that list.