PDA

View Full Version : Meet Spencer Dinwiddie, who considers himself a PG

insidehoops
06-27-2014, 07:28 AM
The Pistons get a talented guard with size that is able to get to the rim, distribute and score

idizzle
07-01-2014, 01:42 PM
From what I read about him, he's a very unselfish. Too unselfish at times but he can play.

Aussie Dunker
07-02-2014, 07:24 AM
He is the type of player I like... He reminds me a little of Vasquez with his size and passing skill / mentality. He also happens to be a very efficient scorer - all in all seems to be a very smart and savvy baller... If he can rehab well, he could be an absolute steal...

In points per possession, he finished first among draft level point guards at 1.17; he was second overall behind Doug McDermott at 1.18.

■ In pick-and-roll points per possession, he was first among point guards at 1.06.

■ In spot-up points per possession, he was first among point guards at 1.28.

■ In true shooting percentage (FG% adjusted for value of three-pointers made and free throws made) he was first among point guards at 68.2%.

ZMonkey11
07-03-2014, 08:28 AM
Did not know about him before the draft. Watched his draft express video, then some highlights. Read a couple of interviews he had. I am impressed. Looks like he could be a corner stone for the passions with Drummond

Aussie Dunker
07-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Did not know about him before the draft. Watched his draft express video, then some highlights. Read a couple of interviews he had. I am impressed. Looks like he could be a corner stone for the passions with Drummond

The Detroit Passions - I like it :D

But seriously I'm with you... I have always favored pass first mentality point guards over scoring point guards...

Aussie Dunker
07-18-2014, 03:17 AM
Judging from what I have seen so far, If we kept #8 this year I would have been extremely stoked if we got McDermott... He is flat out money every time he shoots the ball. He looks like a more rounded / hustling / bigger version of Korver.

Nastradamus
07-18-2014, 12:29 PM
I agree Aussie. I was a big Mcdermott fan, especially for the Pistons.

Aussie Dunker
07-18-2014, 08:15 PM
He is super offensively aware, and above all else appears like he could truly be an elite shooter in the league from both mid and deep..

He is also slightly more athletic and active than I thought he was - shifts his ceiling up in my eyes as I think he can play the traditional SF position instead of being a tweener..

ZMonkey11
07-19-2014, 01:11 AM
The Detroit Passions - I like it :D

But seriously I'm with you... I have always favored pass first mentality point guards over scoring point guards...

Lol. That autocorrect #doe.

Yeah and he looks great on pick and roll passing. If he can have chemistry with drummond way bynum did, those pick and rolls are going to be works of art with his size and vision. I hope we get to see him play a little this year. I've heard rumors they might hold him out until next year.

Aussie Dunker
07-19-2014, 01:29 AM
With Jennings and Augustin, and perhaps Bynum - would be hard to see him getting minutes as it stands...

Rehab that knee 110% and be ready to kill it next year with a full pre-season / summer league / training camp...

His pick and rolls, at 6'6, should be nearly unstopable as he can see / pass over the defenses...

Let's just hope he is as good, or even better, than what we all think...

ZMonkey11
07-19-2014, 10:24 AM
With Jennings and Augustin, and perhaps Bynum - would be hard to see him getting minutes as it stands...

Rehab that knee 110% and be ready to kill it next year with a full pre-season / summer league / training camp...

His pick and rolls, at 6'6, should be nearly unstopable as he can see / pass over the defenses...

Let's just hope he is as good, or even better, than what we all think...

Yea, unfortunately in my mind, I got the Pistons letting Bynum go. Maybe if Bledsoe jets from Phoenix, we can sling Jennings over to them. I wouldn't mind Augustin starting for us and having Bynum come off the bench. I don't see us making huge strides this coming year, so let's clean house!

Nastradamus
07-19-2014, 11:22 AM
I'd deal Jennings if we could, but its probably unlikely. I think they may dump Bynum by the start of the season. Not sure to who though.

Aussie Dunker
07-19-2014, 11:29 PM
Yea, unfortunately in my mind, I got the Pistons letting Bynum go. Maybe if Bledsoe jets from Phoenix, we can sling Jennings over to them. I wouldn't mind Augustin starting for us and having Bynum come off the bench. I don't see us making huge strides this coming year, so let's clean house!

I'd look to sign Bledsoe!! Sling Jennings over / anywhere...

Not sure we have the money, may a sign and trade with Smith AND Jennings haha...

Bled and Dre - that just sounds fun...

ZMonkey11
07-20-2014, 05:49 PM
I'd look to sign Bledsoe!! Sling Jennings over / anywhere...

Not sure we have the money, may a sign and trade with Smith AND Jennings haha...

Bled and Dre - that just sounds fun...

That would be a pretty sick pairing. But Bledsoe is wanting max or near max money. Takes us right out of that. :(

Aussie Dunker
07-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Monroe for Bledsoe, sign and trades...

p.s he is not a max player, I would have thought something similar to Lowry's contract (12 mill per) would be appropriate - as he is still not even the best 'PG' on the suns roster (Dragic)...

OR - they can sign bledsoe I would be happy to trade one of Smith / Moose for Dragic ;)

Aussie Dunker
10-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Dinwiddie's first 3 possesions in a Pistons uniform:

1st - 3 pointer made

2nd - beats his man of the dribble, drive, draw the D and then dish to Dre for a dunk and 1,

3rd - 3 pointer made

all in about 4 minutes of play

dd24
10-24-2014, 11:19 PM
I hope he gets to play some and we can see what he has. Our only hopes are our very young players emerge and do big things for this team.

Nastradamus
10-25-2014, 11:42 PM
He's going to be up and down due to coming off the knee injury and not getting much time to prepare for the season, but I like his talent. I hope he can be our future at PG.

Aussie Dunker
10-26-2014, 03:11 AM
Well he will go into the season clearly behind both Jennings and Augustin - I can't imagine he will see too much significant game time this season... He seems very mature, I like this kid...

dd24
10-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Does Augustin seem like he's better than Jennings at PG to you guys?

Aussie Dunker
10-26-2014, 07:16 PM
I think he has outplayed Jennings in pre-season, but Jennings still has more upside / top end impact if SVG can get him playing consistent / smart.

The best thing about having Augustin is that now Jennings will actually have to perform well to keep his minutes, because as soon as he starts taking ill advised shots SVG can take 5 mins or so off Jennings and hand them straight to Augustin - something Jennings will NOT want to happen...

I think Jennings could average 9+assists in the SVG system -

dd24
10-26-2014, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I think Augistin had the better preseason too. I take summer league and preseason with a grain a salt, but I do agree that there's a legit competition there for PG. Jennings will have to perform or be pulled from the game.

Aussie Dunker
10-27-2014, 12:13 AM
I honestly think getting a high end reserve (which is what DJ essentially is) is the best thing that could have happened for Jennings. This will keep him motivated and switched on as he DOES NOT want to, and could not handle, being a bench player... I think this will bring the best out in him..

I want Spender to reach his full potential and be our starter in 2 or 3 years time - that is what I hope for...

dd24
10-31-2014, 01:42 AM
Today Jennings said Augustin should start if he's the one playing better:
http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/10/30/7136355/brandon-jennings-dj-augustin-starting-lineup

We may have a PG controversy.