PDA

View Full Version : So how good can Jabari Parker and Antetokounmpo be playing with each other?

ZHAKIDD532
06-27-2014, 07:47 AM
That should be a really fun combination.

bagelred
06-27-2014, 07:56 AM
The Knicks got Antetokounmpo AND Jabari Parker? How did the Phil Jackson do it?!!! :bowdown:

-Lebron23-
06-27-2014, 07:56 AM
I really hope they both pan out, the potential of those 2 together is huge. Such a great fit on paper.

-Lebron23-
06-27-2014, 07:58 AM
The Knicks got Antetokounmpo AND Jabari Parker? How did the Phil Jackson do it?!!! :bowdown:
Calm down buddy, the Knicks put rosters together like its' 2006, don't expect them to grab young studs anytime soon :lol

BoutPractice
06-27-2014, 07:59 AM
They've got me somewhat excited about the Milwaukee Bucks, which is saying something.

mentallooser
06-27-2014, 08:23 AM
They should work well together. Should make the team fun to watch, if we ever get to see them on TV that is.

Aussie Dunker
06-27-2014, 08:43 AM
Well, do they plan on using Parker as a PF or Giannis as a SG?...

ZHAKIDD532
06-27-2014, 10:27 AM
I think they can shift around. Jabari is probably the one in his hands most of the time between the two. Antetokounmpo is the athlete that's going to fly around. They kind of need a good point to glue everything together more effectively though I think.

el gringos
06-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Their highest potential is as a 2/3 combo

niko
06-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Calm down buddy, the Knicks put rosters together like its' 2006, don't expect them to grab young studs anytime soon :lol
Shouldn't you wait for Lebron to choose a team before insulting us?

HurricaneKid
06-27-2014, 11:05 AM

Bucks Twitter announced Giannis at 3 and Parker at 4. Which is just what Jabari wants.

GimmeThat
06-27-2014, 11:13 AM
looking at the stats, they look like the old hawks in chucking mode with a less defensive oriented/talented roster.

if Parker can NOT buy into the veterans habit

they might still have a losing record, but the FO might get a better direction of who needs to be let go/traded.

rustycage
06-27-2014, 12:03 PM
If only the Bucks hired Karl... :rockon:

Fork
06-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Good enough that people will actually give a fvck about the Bucks

-Lebron23-
06-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Shouldn't you wait for Lebron to choose a team before insulting us?
As a Knicks fan you should be used to little jabs and not take them as insults. Lebron could choke in the next 4 finals and I would not be feeling insulted by people laughing at that :cheers:

Nice try implying Lebron might choose to go to the Knicks though :oldlol:

-Lebron23-
06-27-2014, 12:20 PM
Good enough that people will actually give a fvck about the Bucks
Seriously. I am looking forward to watching the Bucks this year :eek:

I hope OJ Mayo doesn't see the floor though.

Milbuck
06-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Nastiest wing duo in the game in 3-4 years.

Giannis will be a near 7' tall 7'4" wingspan point-forward, and Jabari will be one of the best pure scorers in the league. No one will be able to guard them.

1 more year in the lottery and we're set. Just need to pick up a nice PG to share playmaking duties with Giannis going forward, or a good defensive center. If we get Emmanuel Mudiay or Cliff Alexander next year, I'd be ecstatic. That'd be a sick core.

KG215
06-27-2014, 12:37 PM
If they plan to use Giannis at SG and Parker at SF some, then the length and size of their 2-5 positions is going to be scary: Giannis, Parker, Henson, and Sanders.

STATUTORY
06-27-2014, 12:44 PM
bucks will be a sick team, really like this duo. perfect complementarities too

Nash
06-27-2014, 12:47 PM
I like it and hope Bucks finally do well but both should play at the 3.

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 12:58 PM

Giannis will be a near 7' tall 7'4" wingspan point-forward, and Jabari will be one of the best pure scorers in the league. No one will be able to guard them.

1 more year in the lottery and we're set. Just need to pick up a nice PG to share playmaking duties with Giannis going forward, or a good defensive center. If we get Emmanuel Mudiay or Cliff Alexander next year, I'd be ecstatic. That'd be a sick core.

He's 6'10" in shoes.

Pointguard
06-27-2014, 01:01 PM

What position do you have Jabari playing? I agree, can't wait to see them mixing it up together after this year, when you won't be able to leave either one.

Don't you already have the best best defensive center?

Pointguard
06-27-2014, 01:04 PM
He's 6'10" in shoes.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2108628-bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-has-grown-2-inches-since-being-drafted-in-2013

He's will likely be 7 feet tall.

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 01:07 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2108628-bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-has-grown-2-inches-since-being-drafted-in-2013

He's will likely be 7 feet tall.

No he won't. The trainer of the team just measured him and said he's 6'10" in shoes, not 6'11". He's 19 years old.

This "he's 7 feet tall" thing is complete BULLSHIT, just like the "he will be 7 feet tall" thing.

Milbuck
06-27-2014, 01:16 PM
No he won't. The trainer of the team just measured him and said he's 6'10" in shoes, not 6'11". He's 19 years old.

This "he's 7 feet tall" thing is complete BULLSHIT, just like the "he will be 7 feet tall" thing.
No, he's not. He was measured at 6'10.25" last December, measured at just under 6'11" in shoes about a week ago, and his doctors have specifically said that his growth plate is still open and that he is likely to reach 7'. You can call it bullshit all you want, but it's the truth, and there's credible reports straight from his doctors to support it. I know you're trolling so I'm done responding after this point, but there are your facts.

What position do you have Jabari playing? I agree, can't wait to see them mixing it up together after this year, when you won't be able to leave either one.

Don't you already have the best best defensive center?
He's playing the 4 right now, with Giannis at the 3. I don't mind that, but my only concern is that he might build himself according to that position and eventually become to bulky to play the 3. I want him to stay around 230-240 because he's surprisingly quick and athletic when he's around that weight. So pretty much I'd like him at the 4, but I want him capable of playing the 3 at any time. Pretty much what Melo is doing right now, he's physically capable of playing the 3 whenever he wants to, but he's equally dangerous when he's in the paint and posting up.

As for Sanders, he's a stud. But he's a head case and by all indications has one foot out the door. I'd love it if he got it together, but I don't know if that'll happen with our current idiot coach. I will say, a healthy/motivated Sanders would be the perfect fit for us. Great defensive anchor and shot blocker to go with Giannis, who is already showing the signs of being one of those elite versatile wing defenders who can defend 1-4. We'd have the tallest, longest 1-4 in the league if we slide Giannis and Jabari to the 2 and 3.

Levity
06-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Which is just what Jabari wants.

yeah, until they start making him guard nba 4's

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 02:13 PM
No, he's not. He was measured at 6'10.25" last December, measured at just under 6'11" in shoes about a week ago, and his doctors have specifically said that his growth plate is still open and that he is likely to reach 7'. You can call it bullshit all you want, but it's the truth, and there's credible reports straight from his doctors to support it. I know you're trolling so I'm done responding after this point, but there are your facts.

He's playing the 4 right now, with Giannis at the 3. I don't mind that, but my only concern is that he might build himself according to that position and eventually become to bulky to play the 3. I want him to stay around 230-240 because he's surprisingly quick and athletic when he's around that weight. So pretty much I'd like him at the 4, but I want him capable of playing the 3 at any time. Pretty much what Melo is doing right now, he's physically capable of playing the 3 whenever he wants to, but he's equally dangerous when he's in the paint and posting up.

As for Sanders, he's a stud. But he's a head case and by all indications has one foot out the door. I'd love it if he got it together, but I don't know if that'll happen with our current idiot coach. I will say, a healthy/motivated Sanders would be the perfect fit for us. Great defensive anchor and shot blocker to go with Giannis, who is already showing the signs of being one of those elite versatile wing defenders who can defend 1-4. We'd have the tallest, longest 1-4 in the league if we slide Giannis and Jabari to the 2 and 3.

The trainer of the team just put all this BULLSHIT to rest. Measured him and said he's 6-10 in shoes. Just about a week ago it was posted on twitter.

He was 6-10 1/2 IN SHOES, measured by the team's trainer.

STOP IT. Just STOP IT.

Pointguard
06-27-2014, 03:37 PM
The trainer of the team just put all this BULLSHIT to rest. Measured him and said he's 6-10 in shoes. Just about a week ago it was posted on twitter.

STOP IT. Just STOP IT.
He grew a half of inch since your post a few minutes before. Can you post a link of what you saw?

Pointguard
06-27-2014, 03:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr0kp-OXZ1M

I did a thread on that block.

Yeah they really have a shot at having a great front court within two years. I think Sanders will grow up.

Dro
06-27-2014, 05:56 PM
All I know is Antetokounmpo is SICK on 2K......Played with the Bucks online yesterday vs some dude who had the Nets....didn't even start Antetokounmpo. When I inserted him, he grabbed every rebound, deflected a ton of passes and had numerous highlight plays......His athleticism is off the charts.....

HurricaneKid
06-27-2014, 06:12 PM

STOP IT. Just STOP IT.

Man he grew half an inch in an afternoon? 7 ft is nothing. He is gonna be like 16 feet.

So you have been given SEVERAL links and you keep disputing them. But then you don't have any links. And then you dispute again with a different height. Still with no links.

Starting to see why you have that huge red rep bar.