PDA

View Full Version : Saric says he knows Sixers storied history and he could come over this season

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 12:16 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20140627_Sixers_deal_for_Saric__who_is_ticketed_fo r_Turkey.html#disqus_thread
Sorry I meant after the season. Still.

Good news for the Sixers? He should get a lot of playing time despite joining a potentially loaded line up with Noel, Embiid, MCW, Thad Young. The Sixers have 30m in cap space.

Looking good?:applause:

Styles p
06-27-2014, 12:19 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20140627_Sixers_deal_for_Saric__who_is_ticketed_fo r_Turkey.html#disqus_thread

Good news for the Sixers? He should get a lot of playing despite joining a potentially loaded line up with Noel, Embiid, MCW, Thad Young. The Sixers have 30m in cap space.

thad will probably be dealt at the deadline for picks.

mattvNJ
06-27-2014, 12:19 PM

Good news for the Sixers? He should get a lot of playing despite joining a potentially loaded line up with Noel, Embiid, MCW, Thad Young. The Sixers have 30m in cap space.

i thought he signed a multi-year deal with his Euro club. Hopefully they agree to terms on a buy-out. I was skeptical on this pick for that excact reason. Saric will be a solid contributor especially on that young squad.

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 12:22 PM
i thought he signed a multi-year deal with his Euro club. Hopefully they agree to terms on a buy-out. I was skeptical on this pick for that excact reason. Saric will be a solid contributor especially on that young squad.
Read the article. He says he will talk to Efes and try to come over after the season. He seems eager.

Johnny Jones
06-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Then why even sign the Turkish contract in the first place? This dude doesn't seem like the brightest tool in the shed.

STATUTORY
06-27-2014, 12:23 PM
storied history? ni99a be believing in fairy tales

Jailblazers7
06-27-2014, 12:24 PM
I could see him coming over in 2015-2016. Seems like he wants to stay in Europe for another season to get stronger and gain more experience.

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 12:31 PM
I could see him coming over in 2015-2016. Seems like he wants to stay in Europe for another season to get stronger and gain more experience.
Yes, this is exactly what he said. I am really intrigued by how well he could fit in with a very tall Sixers lineup.

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 12:34 PM
storied history? ni99a be believing in fairy tales

Only the Lakers and Celtics have been to more NBA Finals than the Sixers. How many teams can beat an all- Sixer team of Chamberlain, Barkley, Erving, Toney/Iverson, Cheeks? Huh?

navy
06-27-2014, 12:37 PM
Storied history? He's bullshitting. That shit isnt relevant to the today sixers. (who look like they are on the rise)

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 12:38 PM
So the same clown that was calling this guy a "scrub that could never make the NBA" for years on end is now drooling at the thought of him playing for his favorite team?

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

:facepalm :rolleyes:

:biggums:

Im so nba'd out
06-27-2014, 12:40 PM
:cheers:

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 12:42 PM
So the same clown that was calling this guy a "scrub that could never make the NBA" for years on end is now drooling at the thought of him playing for his favorite team?

:facepalm :rolleyes:

Scumbag.
You're a lying POS! Never said that. FIBA can attest that we have been PMing each other about Saric for a month or so.

Not surprising though coming from you.

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Storied history? He's bullshitting. That shit isnt relevant to the today sixers. (who look like they are on the rise)
Maybe he's BSing, maybe he's not, but the Sixers history is storied.

kurple
06-27-2014, 12:45 PM
why? thad is awesome

i'd love to see philly going after hayward

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 12:48 PM
why? thad is awesome

Yeah, when you look at this, Thad and Saric are playing the same position, but Saric has a higher ceiling, I think. He has the ability to be a Point Forward.

D-FENS
06-27-2014, 12:57 PM
You're a lying POS! Never said that. FIBA can attest that we have been PMing each other about Saric for a month or so.

Why you arguing with a kid from Arkansas?

mattvNJ
06-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Read the article. He says he will talk to Efes and try to come over after the season. He seems eager.
Yeah just got around to it, when i got a sec in the office. GREAT for them. Glad hes not one of those picks that sits in Europe and never comes over.

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 01:01 PM

You said it here dozens of times. I don't give a damn about what you said to Fiba a month ago in a PM.

You have said dozens of times here that Saric was a scrub that wasn't good enough to play in the NBA.

-Lebron23-
06-27-2014, 01:01 PM
You said it here dozens of times. I don't give a damn about what you said to Fiba a month ago in a PM.

You have said dozens of times here that Saric was a scrub that wasn't good enough to play in the nBA.
Dude you need to stop catching feelings so quickly if you want people to take you any seriously :oldlol:

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Yeah, when you look at this, Thad and Saric are playing the same position, but Saric has a higher ceiling, I think. He has the ability to be a Point Forward.

They don't play the same position. And Saric isn't a point forward.

Here we go with the ENDLESS BULLSHIT.

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 01:04 PM
Dude you need to stop catching feelings so quickly if you want people to take you any seriously :oldlol:

This same guy would call Saric a non athletic scrub, stiff Euro bum, etc. He would then attack anyone if they said otherwise, calling them a liar, a nutcase, a Euro ***, etc. And now all of a sudden here he is all excited that he's going to be playing for his favorite team.

This guy is the perfect example of NBA only fan. Just DISGUSTING.

chocolatethunder
06-27-2014, 01:04 PM
why? thad is awesome

I love thad but he's a waste here because they still suck even with him. He'll probably be dealt because he is a player leftover from the previous regime. They won't go after Hayward because they aren't going after any free agents and Hinkie has said this. He's going to build through the draft first. No free agents want to come here right now and if they could get one it's not going to make them considerably better in the near future.

mattvNJ
06-27-2014, 01:06 PM
This same guy would call Saric a non athletic scrub, stiff Euro bum, etc. He would then attack anyone if they said otherwise, calling them a liar, a nutcase, a Euro ***, etc. And now all of a sudden here he is all excited that he's going to be playing for his favorite team.

Your a big loser to get this bent out of shape. Who cares? The players dont give a **** about you. So relax. NBA>Europe. Saric will be interesting to see regardless, of your shit opinion you pass off as facts

R.I.P.
06-27-2014, 01:08 PM
You want to play basketball and you want to win? Sorry. We don

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Your a big loser to get this bent out of shape. Who cares? The players dont give a **** about you. So relax. NBA>Europe. Saric will be interesting to see regardless, of your shit opinion you pass off as facts

Euroleague > NBA

You are a troll, just like Dr.J4ever. These players are all "Euro bums" and "Euro scrubs" according to you. You have said dozens of times here that "every player in Europe isn't good enough to make an NBA roster."

Now all of a sudden, "Saric is interesting".

Just another punk NBA only fan with ZERO basketball knowledge.

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 01:11 PM

You have said dozens of times here that Saric was a scrub that wasn't good enough to play in the NBA.
If you can show just one link where I said it, I will never post here again. Just one.

-Lebron23-
06-27-2014, 01:12 PM

I honestly haven't read anyone say that about Saric. I have seen people criminally underrate him but I don't really care. I myself didn't he should have been picked so late and I watch more European basketball than NBA basketball, he just didn't impress me as much as he impressed others.

Guys have the same arguments over players they get to watch 82 times a year (if they want to, I bet you some posters spend much longer here than watching the game) and it doesn't mean anything other than that they are either biased or don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 01:14 PM
I love thad but he's a waste here because they still suck even with him. He'll probably be dealt because he is a player leftover from the previous regime. They won't go after Hayward because they aren't going after any free agents and Hinkie has said this. He's going to build through the draft first. No free agents want to come here right now and if they could get one it's not going to make them considerably better in the near future.
So how do you like our Draft? Cataldi is already "confused" at Philly.com today.

Eric Cartman
06-27-2014, 01:14 PM
This is Fran Vazquez all over again.

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 01:15 PM
If you can show just one link where I said it, I will never post here again. Just one.

You have said it hundreds of times.

"Every single player in Europe is a scrub bum that isn't athletic enough to play in the NBA, otherwise they would be in the NBA."

"None of the players in Europe are good enough to make an NBA roster, otherwise they would already be in the NBA".

And every other similar such type NBA only fan type post, repeated THOUSANDS of times actually by YOU here.

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 01:19 PM
No, if you read the article, he seemed eager to come over. Young players, I think, would want to come over to the Sixers, only because for no other reason, they can get immediate playing time and stats.

Lebron23
06-27-2014, 01:21 PM
NBA > Euroleague

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 01:21 PM
I honestly haven't read anyone say that about Saric. I have seen people criminally underrate him but I don't really care. I myself didn't he should have been picked so late and I watch more European basketball than NBA basketball, he just didn't impress me as much as he impressed others.

Guys have the same arguments over players they get to watch 82 times a year (if they want to, I bet you some posters spend much longer here than watching the game) and it doesn't mean anything other than that they are either biased or don't have a clue what they're talking about.

That is irrelevant to what this clown Dr.J.4ever does.

On a daily basis here he makes posts like,

"Every single player in Europe lacks the athletic ability to play in the NBA and simply could not hack it in the NBA in the big league, due to their inferior physical traits".

or

"If there was a single player in Europe that was actually good enough to be in the NBA, then they would be in the NBA, because not a single player in the whole world would ever choose playing in Europe over playing in the NBA. Therefore, every single player in Europe is NOT good enough to make an NBA roster."

Repeated thousands of times here.

Suddenly upon his draft rights being attained by his favorite NBA team, Saric goes from "just another white stiff Euro bum with no athletic ability" (one of his favorite sayings for Euroleague players) to a guy that he can't wait to see in a 76ers uniform.

If that is not THE most disgusting and purest form of an NBA only fan, then I don't what it is.

Meticode
06-27-2014, 01:22 PM

No. The need Embiid to sit out most if not all of the season and Saric to play overseas for at least 1 more year and tank again for the pick next year. Their rebuilding process is at least 1-2 years away from being completed at least through the draft.

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 01:22 PM
That is irrelevant to what this clown Dr.J.4ever does.

On a daily basis here he makes posts like,

"Every single player in Europe lacks the athletic ability to play in the NBA and simply could not hack it in the NBA in the big league, due to their inferior physical traits".

or

"If there was a single player in Europe that was actually good enough to be in the NBA, then they would be in the NBA, because not a single player in the whole world would ever choose playing in Europe over playing in the NBA. Therefore, every single player in Europe is NOT good enough to make an NBA roster."

Repeated thousands of times here.

Suddenly upon his draft rights being attained by his favorite NBA team, Saric goes from "just another white stiff Euro bum with no athletic ability" (one of his favorite sayings for Euroleague players) to a guy that he can't wait to see in a 76ers uniform.

If that is not THE most disgusting an purest form of an NBA only fan, then I don't what it is.

Rants of a lunatic?:lol :roll:

mattvNJ
06-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Euroleague > NBA

You are a troll, just like Dr.J4ever. These players are all "Euro bums" and "Euro scrubs" according to you. You have said dozens of times here that "every player in Europe isn't good enough to make an NBA roster."

Now all of a sudden, "Saric is interesting".

Just another punk NBA only fan with ZERO basketball knowledge.

Hahah i have not once said Every player i've definitely mentioned that some I don't think would cut it. I usually name them specifically or claim they're a huge reach, with good reasoning. I actually stream a fair amount of euroleague games in the office. Most certifiably not a troll. You need to grow up.

Zero knowledge? I watch and read a lot about basketball. Golf and basketball are my passions as far as sports are concerned. So relax buddy, every time someone doesnt agree with your agenda does not mean they have no knowledge. You seem like a weird guy overall, sad, deprived probably unsuccessful and lonely. This is your only source of satisfaction.

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 01:25 PM
No. The need Embiid to sit out most if not all of the season and Saric to play overseas for at least 1 more year and tank again for the pick next year. Their rebuilding process is at least 1-2 years away from being completed at least through the draft.
You're probably right. It would be exciting though to see Embiid playing with Noel and MCW by Christmas. They won't make the Playoffs, but it's gonna be fun.

If Embiid is healthy, we're talking a parade down Broadstreet in due time.

chocolatethunder
06-27-2014, 01:27 PM
You're probably right. It would be exciting though to see Embiid playing with Noel and MCW by Christmas. They won't make the Playoffs, but it's gonna be fun.

If Embiid is healthy, we're talking a parade down Broadstreet.
Listening to the press conference now. Embiid will be out 5-8 months and then he said that Saric will be over in no less than two years. He's not coming over earlier than that.

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 01:27 PM

NBA only fans......making comments about these things without any facts as usual.

Vazquez's girlfriend at the time, I believe she is his wife now, would not permit him to move to the USA after he got drafted.

She did not want to live in the USA, and she did not want to live separately from him either.

Believe it or not, LOTS of people don't want to live in the USA, and MANY, MANY, MANY players in Europe refuse to play in the NBA because of that.

NBA only fans..."they are afraid of playing against the best players in the world".

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, they don't want to live in the USA, or their families don't want to live in the USA. Probably half of the players in Europe don't want to live in the USA.

But according to NBA only fans, "every single player in Europe wants to play in the NBA and would of course immediately play in the NBA if given the chance. So of course none of them are good enough to make the NBA, otherwise they would be in the NBA."

At least half of the players in Europe DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN THE USA.

What is so hard for some idiots to grasp that? Vazquez's girlfriend/wife didn't want to, and so he never came to the USA.

That's it.

So unless Saric has said he does not want to live in the USA, the two situations have no comparison.

The ignorance of NBA only fans is just unbelievable.

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 01:29 PM
NBA > Euroleague

There is only ONE good team in the NBA.

It's IMPOSSIBLE for the NBA to be better than the Euroleague, nor even as good as the Euroelague.

A league with just ONE good team cannot be better than the Euroleague.

Sorry.

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Rants of a lunatic?:lol :roll:

And every single time he gets exposed for his mega trolling, he starts calling you a "lunatic", or a "nutcase", or "insane", etc.

You need to get some new material from the offices in New York.

STATUTORY
06-27-2014, 01:34 PM
for a typical euro there's only a few cities in US that's tolerable

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 01:34 PM
Listening to the press conference now. Embiid will be out 5-8 months and then he said that Saric will be over in no less than two years. He's not coming over earlier than that.
WIP? But Saric said he might be able to fix it after 1 year? Hinkie said it?

NugzFan
06-27-2014, 01:37 PM

How do know that?

chocolatethunder
06-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Hinkie said that in spite of what Saric said, that he will be over in no less than two years. I was listening to WIP but they but off coverage so I'm on 97.5 right now.

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 01:41 PM
Hahah i have not once said Every player i've definitely mentioned that some I don't think would cut it. I usually name them specifically or claim they're a huge reach, with good reasoning. I actually stream a fair amount of euroleague games in the office. Most certifiably not a troll. You need to grow up.

Zero knowledge? I watch and read a lot about basketball. Golf and basketball are my passions as far as sports are concerned. So relax buddy, every time someone doesnt agree with your agenda does not mean they have no knowledge. You seem like a weird guy overall, sad, deprived probably unsuccessful and lonely. This is your only source of satisfaction.

You are a pure 100% troll. Every single player you said from Euroleague was not athletic enough to play in NBA, is in EVERY CASE MUCH MORE ATHLETIC than numerous players in the NBA that started in recent years at their same position.

Yet you keep on with that claim about how they are not good enough for the NBA because they are not athletic enough to play in the NBA.

And here you go again with it's not trolling, it's fact from how you watch Euroleague games and you are just being realistic and stating facts.

Yet, again, in EVERY SINGLE CASE, you say this about Euroleague players that are MUCH MORE ATHLETIC than lots of NBA starters at their same position.

That's TROLLING. That makes you a troll.

If you really believe what you say...............................then that makes you someone with absolutely no basketball knowledge.

It's just exactly as I wrote. The fact you don't grasp it, just simply confirms it more. The fact you will argue endlessly about it, and accuse me of being the troll instead, just further proves even more that you are a troll.

Of course, trolling tactics and antics 101 on this NBA only fan issue about Euroleague -

1. Whenever you are confronted with actual facts by someone who actually does watch the Euroleague, just claim that you also watch Euroleague, and that everything you are saying is true, even though you have actually never seen a Euroleague game ever.

Dr.J4ever knows all about using that one.

mattvNJ
06-27-2014, 01:42 PM
You are a pure 100% troll. Every single player you said from Euroleague was not athletic enough to play in NBA, is in EVERY CASE MUCH MORE ATHLETIC than numerous players in the NBA that started in recent years at their same position.

Yet you keep on with that claim about how they are not good enough for the NBA because they are not athletic enough to play in the NBA.

And here you go again with it's not trolling, it's fact from how you watch Euroleague games and you are just being realistic and stating facts.

Yet, again, in EVERY SINGLE CASE, you say this about Euroleague players that are MUCH MORE ATHLETIC than lots of NBA starters at their same position.

That's TROLLING. That makes you a troll.

If you really believe what you say...............................then that makes you someone with absolutely no basketball knowledge.

It's just exactly as I wrote. The fact you don't grasp it, just simply confirms it more. The fact you will argue endlessly about it, and accuse me of being the troll instead, just further proves even more that you are a troll.

Of course, trolling tactics and antics 101 on this NBA only fan issue about Euroleague -

1. Whenever you are confronted with actual facts by someone who actually does watch the Euroleague, just claim that you also watch Euroleague, and that everything you are saying is true, even though you have actually never seen a Euroleague game ever.

Dr.J4ever knows all about that using that one.

I have 900 posts in like 4 years, I can look back at them and prove your lying lol. Grow up dude! You need psychiatric attention

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 01:45 PM
for a typical euro there's only a few cities in US that's tolerable

Exactly, and Orlando was not one of them for Fran's girlfriend/wife.

Styles p
06-27-2014, 01:49 PM
How do know that?
because he has a player option after this season and has said he's not sure if he wants to be here and as it looks their in for another long painful season and thad is tired of losing.

chocolatethunder
06-27-2014, 01:55 PM
because he has a player option after this season and has said he's not sure if he wants to be here and as it looks their in for another long painful season and thad is tired of losing.
They will def unload him for something.

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 01:56 PM

Do you really think Efes paid a large buyout, gave him a decent contract, and then is going to give him a place in their rotation (I would guess 15-20 minutes a game) so he can leave after one year with a small buyout?

Especially considering that he's not even a Euroleague player? It will be the first time in his life he ever even played in a serious role in a real club. Cibona, the club he played in before is OFFICIALLY THE WORST CLUB in the HISTORY of European basketball and it was also in lower level leagues and competition.

You are talking about going from a team that was playing in a 2nd tier league, and lost I think it was 46 straight games, to playing in one of the richest clubs in Euroleague.........

He's just going to be a role player in Efes. Can't you freaking grasp that? Are you so incapable of basic thought that you can't grasp such simple concepts as that?

Efes' roster is superior to the 76ers roster genius.

So why would Efes spend a lot of money just to get one season of a role player that is only giving them a learning and developing year and then they get a small buyout, that won't even cover the big buyout they paid to get him?

Why? Explain it. You seem to think that the Euroleague is a minor league farm system for the NBA. Is that right? Let me guess, because Fran Fraschilla, "the international basketball expert", keeps saying that shit every year at the draft on ESPN right?

And because you are too dumb to think for yourself and grasp that what he is saying is completely absurd....right?

Fraschilla is a complete hack and is totally full of shit.

The Euroleague is a major fully professional sports league and the teams don't give a flying **** about the NBA. They are considering only their economic situation and winning.

Saric is a loss financially and a loss basketball wise, if he plays one season for sure. Hell, they could sign any number of probably dozens of free agents right now in Europe for the same money that will be better players than him in Euroleague next season. And would not have to pay some huge buyout to get them either.

So why in the freaking hell would they do all that to have him for one season to play something like 15 to 20 minutes as a small part role player, lose all that money they spent, and that's just it? When they could just sign some free agent in Europe right now for way less money, get a better player, and get a better chance to win a championship?

If you have any freaking brain cells at all use them. The Euroleague is NOT a minor league. It is NOT AAA baseball like that retard Fraschilla keeps saying. They are NOT there to develop NBA prospects like ESPN moron clowns keep saying at the draft and like NBA only fans believe in some kind of delusional fantasy land.

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 01:57 PM
They will def unload him for something.
Press con at CSNPhilly.com live!

Euroleague
06-27-2014, 02:01 PM
I have 900 posts in like 4 years, I can look back at them and prove your lying lol. Grow up dude! You need psychiatric attention

Again, when called out on their bullshit,

"you need psychiatric attention"......................

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 02:12 PM
Press con at CSNPhilly.com live!

Saric interview:

http://www.csnphilly.com/video_content_type/sam-hinkie-press-conference

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 02:28 PM
Another Euro player the Sixers drafted:

With the No. 52 pick, the Sixers selected Serb Vasilije Micic, another big point guard. At 6-foot-6, Micic scored 12.1 points with 5.8 assists in the Adriatic League. However, according Draft Express, Micic turned over the ball in 23.6 percent of his total possessions and shot just 28.9 percent from three-point range.

However, just 20, Micic reportedly runs the pick-and-roll from the point guard very well.

From CSNPhilly

PHILA
06-27-2014, 02:33 PM
Only the Lakers and Celtics have been to more NBA Finals than the Sixers. How many teams can beat an all- Sixer team of Chamberlain, Barkley, Erving, Toney/Iverson, Cheeks? Huh?

Not to mention the likes of Greer, Cunningham, etc.

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Not to mention the likes of Greer, Cunningham, etc.

Yes, sorry about that. It's about time the Sixers regained our status in the NBA as a pillar franchise. I'm tired of being irrelevant.

Fiba basketball
06-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Another Euro player the Sixers drafted:

With the No. 52 pick, the Sixers selected Serb Vasilije Micic, another big point guard. At 6-foot-6, Micic scored 12.1 points with 5.8 assists in the Adriatic League. However, according Draft Express, Micic turned over the ball in 23.6 percent of his total possessions and shot just 28.9 percent from three-point range.

However, just 20, Micic reportedly runs the pick-and-roll from the point guard very well.

From CSNPhilly

His stats from 2 games against team USA in u19 World chanpionship where he went head to head with Smart

First game

Micic
24 pts ( 3/6 for 2, 3/5 for 3, 9/11 for 1), 3 assists, 2 rebounds and 6 TOs in 36 min

Smart
2 pts ( 1/3 for 2 ), 1 TO and 5 PF in 9 minutes

Second game

Micic
13 pts ( 2/2 for 2, 1/2 for 3, 6/6 for 1), 10 assists, 4 TOs in 31 min

Smart
11 pts ( 5/7 for 2, 0/2 for 3, 1/6 for 1), 3 assitst, 2 TOs in 23 minutes

Micic did have a lot of TOs but he was only pg Serbia had and USA was playing very aggresive defense on him. In those games he showed that no matter that he's slow his body contol and ball handling skills are so good he can do whatere he wants and get to the rim without much problem.

What's also interesting is that he will probably sign with Efes ( Sarics team )so him and Saric will start playing togethere much sooner than they come to NBA.
If everything goes well and they reach their potential you could have best European PG and PF on your team.

NugzFan
06-27-2014, 04:18 PM

I get that Thad hates philly.

What I meant is how do you know he will be traded for picks.

chocolatethunder
06-27-2014, 04:24 PM
I get that Thad hates philly.

What I meant is how do you know he will be traded for picks.
He will get traded for something that's for sure. He's a left over from the previous PO regime. His contract isn't viewed as a super bargain so you can't really get a great pick for him. They wanted a first round pick for him this year but they couldn't get that. They will move him because he doesn't fit in their plans for the future. They'll either get a younger player back or some picks for him.

NugzFan
06-27-2014, 05:53 PM
He will get traded for something that's for sure. He's a left over from the previous PO regime. His contract isn't viewed as a super bargain so you can't really get a great pick for him. They wanted a first round pick for him this year but they couldn't get that. They will move him because he doesn't fit in their plans for the future. They'll either get a younger player back or some picks for him.

Amazing how philly fans can all predict the future.

chocolatethunder
06-27-2014, 06:06 PM
I can't predict the future. Embiid is a high risk and high reward player. He could just as easily never play an NBA game. But it's hard to pass on that talent. The reward is too great. Let's see, Aaron Gordon or the chance to have the best center since Shaq? It's not that hard to understand. I'm sorry you're so thick.

kaktus14
06-27-2014, 06:34 PM
Do you really think Efes paid a large buyout, gave him a decent contract, and then is going to give him a place in their rotation (I would guess 15-20 minutes a game) so he can leave after one year with a small buyout?

Especially considering that he's not even a Euroleague player? It will be the first time in his life he ever even played in a serious role in a real club. Cibona, the club he played in before is OFFICIALLY THE WORST CLUB in the HISTORY of European basketball and it was also in lower level leagues and competition.

You are talking about going from a team that was playing in a 2nd tier league, and lost I think it was 46 straight games, to playing in one of the richest clubs in Euroleague.........

He's just going to be a role player in Efes. Can't you freaking grasp that? Are you so incapable of basic thought that you can't grasp such simple concepts as that?

Efes' roster is superior to the 76ers roster genius.

So why would Efes spend a lot of money just to get one season of a role player that is only giving them a learning and developing year and then they get a small buyout, that won't even cover the big buyout they paid to get him?

Why? Explain it. You seem to think that the Euroleague is a minor league farm system for the NBA. Is that right? Let me guess, because Fran Fraschilla, "the international basketball expert", keeps saying that shit every year at the draft on ESPN right?

And because you are too dumb to think for yourself and grasp that what he is saying is completely absurd....right?

Fraschilla is a complete hack and is totally full of shit.

The Euroleague is a major fully professional sports league and the teams don't give a flying **** about the NBA. They are considering only their economic situation and winning.

Saric is a loss financially and a loss basketball wise, if he plays one season for sure. Hell, they could sign any number of probably dozens of free agents right now in Europe for the same money that will be better players than him in Euroleague next season. And would not have to pay some huge buyout to get them either.

So why in the freaking hell would they do all that to have him for one season to play something like 15 to 20 minutes as a small part role player, lose all that money they spent, and that's just it? When they could just sign some free agent in Europe right now for way less money, get a better player, and get a better chance to win a championship?

If you have any freaking brain cells at all use them. The Euroleague is NOT a minor league. It is NOT AAA baseball like that retard Fraschilla keeps saying. They are NOT there to develop NBA prospects like ESPN moron clowns keep saying at the draft and like NBA only fans believe in some kind of delusional fantasy land.

2 time European Champion is worst club ever? Go **** your sister you piece of shit redneck

NugzFan
06-27-2014, 07:34 PM
I can't predict the future. Embiid is a high risk and high reward player. He could just as easily never play an NBA game. But it's hard to pass on that talent. The reward is too great. Let's see, Aaron Gordon or the chance to have the best center since Shaq? It's not that hard to understand. I'm sorry you're so thick.

im sorry youre reading comprehension sucks. embiid? gordon? who the hell was talking about them.

philly fans are so defensive...very nervous because if this "plan" doesnt work, then may god have mercy on their souls.

chocolatethunder
06-27-2014, 07:40 PM
im sorry youre reading comprehension sucks. embiid? gordon? who the hell was talking about them.

philly fans are so defensive...very nervous because if this "plan" doesnt work, then may god have mercy on their souls.
My reading comp is fine. Who was picked after Embiid? Gordon. My point being is that there was no pick available for them this year who would make them better immediately so why not go for the player with the highest ceiling? They took the best player available. I'm not defensive you moron. I already said this could backfire and I'm fine with that because the alternatives are worse. I'd much rather have a chance to be really good and fail than just become mediocre.

NugzFan
06-27-2014, 08:07 PM
My reading comp is fine. Who was picked after Embiid? Gordon. My point being is that there was no pick available for them this year who would make them better immediately so why not go for the player with the highest ceiling? They took the best player available. I'm not defensive you moron. I already said this could backfire and I'm fine with that because the alternatives are worse. I'd much rather have a chance to be really good and fail than just become mediocre.

yeah your reading comprehension sucks. we were talking about trading thad for a pick. :oldlol:

Styles p
06-27-2014, 09:19 PM
why are you being such a fakkit? i say he'll be delt for picks because almost every deal hinkie has done has had picks involved in it. mark my words thad wont be a sixer by seasons end next season.

chocolatethunder
06-27-2014, 09:28 PM
yeah your reading comprehension sucks. we were talking about trading thad for a pick. :oldlol:
He will be dealt for a pick or a young player but not a first round pick. They tried to get that last season and no one is givin that up for Thad. Why are you such an asshole? I mean you like the nuggets and you're complaining about the Sixers? I've said nothing outrageous or homer like. I'm totally realistic. You've never heard me talk about the Sixers possibly winning the championship have you? Or saying they were going to be the best team or anything like that have you? Go pop your pimples.

MC Gusto
06-27-2014, 10:04 PM
why? thad is awesome

I heard that Thad is opting out after this season.

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 11:00 PM
His stats from 2 games against team USA in u19 World chanpionship where he went head to head with Smart

First game

Micic
24 pts ( 3/6 for 2, 3/5 for 3, 9/11 for 1), 3 assists, 2 rebounds and 6 TOs in 36 min

Smart

Second game

Micic

Smart

Micic did have a lot of TOs but he was only pg Serbia had and USA was playing very aggresive defense on him. In those games he showed that no matter that he's slow his body contol and ball handling skills are so good he can do whatere he wants and get to the rim without much problem.

What's also interesting is that he will probably sign with Efes ( Sarics team )so him and Saric will start playing togethere much sooner than they come to NBA.
If everything goes well and they reach their potential you could have best European PG and PF on your team.

Yes, some in Philly are really high on him despite those turnovers. As pointed out by ChocThunder, Philly can watch them develop from afar without paying them over the next 2 years.

It's just that, I feel like a kid with new toys that are denied from me for 1-2 more years(Embiid, Saric, Micic).

More waiting. :(

Dr.J4ever
06-27-2014, 11:12 PM

What do you think about us missing out on Dougie Mcbuckets? We got Saric, instead. I think Dougy will be just a role player, while Saric COULD be a top 5 talent in this deep draft.

Thoughts?

chocolatethunder
06-27-2014, 11:37 PM
What do you think about us missing out on Dougie Mcbuckets? We got Saric, instead. I think Dougy will be just a role player, while Saric COULD be a top 5 talent in this deep draft.

Thoughts?
McDermott is older and more developed but he's not really a fit here. I think that he's a great fit in Chicago. In Saric you get a guy who is a great passer and is younger than McDermott and who will not come over for two years. So that means you don't have to pay him while he's developing. They are stockpiling talent and not having to pay Saric is great because he will be starting his rookie deal in the beginning of MCW's fourth year of playing and Noel's third year and hopefully Embiid's second year. So it will be like they have a top lottery guy coming in who they can insert into a group of guys who have begun to grow. If Saric went 12th in this year's draft what will his value be in two years? He would probably be top 5. So it's like they can have a top 5 talent guy come in and play with young guys who have been improving. Saric has been scouted to death there's no mystery about him like there is with Exum. Back to mcDermott. I like him and think that he'll be a solid pro and in the right situation could be pretty good. As badly as Philly needs shooting, they are also trying to be really long and athletic so that they can defend and McDermott doesn't really give them that. I think that he's underrated defensively but he's just not a good fit here. Excellent fit in Chicago though.

NugzFan
06-27-2014, 11:56 PM
why are you being such a fakkit? i say he'll be delt for picks because almost every deal hinkie has done has had picks involved in it. mark my words thad wont be a sixer by seasons end next season.

you said "fakkit" :oldlol: makes the rest of your post pretty irrelevant.

NugzFan
06-27-2014, 11:57 PM
He will be dealt for a pick or a young player but not a first round pick. They tried to get that last season and no one is givin that up for Thad. Why are you such an asshole? I mean you like the nuggets and you're complaining about the Sixers? I've said nothing outrageous or homer like. I'm totally realistic. You've never heard me talk about the Sixers possibly winning the championship have you? Or saying they were going to be the best team or anything like that have you? Go pop your pimples.

im not complaining about the sixers or being an asshole. just amazed that sixer fans know the future so well. :bowdown: :bowdown:

GimmeThat
06-28-2014, 12:10 AM
So that means you don't have to pay him while he's developing. They are stockpiling talent and not having to pay Saric is great because he will be starting his rookie deal in the beginning of MCW's fourth year of playing and Noel's third year and hopefully Embiid's second year.

This.

I don't see him being that much better than McDermott.

more flashy, and the possibility with better rebounding I suppose.

but if McDermott can stay on the floor, he should be able to score.

you know, besides the fact that Barg doesn't rebound... AT ALL. He probably doesn't get the credit he deserves for his ability to score and eat up space.

nope, he does. never mind.

Dr.J4ever
06-28-2014, 12:16 AM
McDermott is older and more developed but he's not really a fit here. I think that he's a great fit in Chicago. In Saric you get a guy who is a great passer and is younger than McDermott and who will not come over for two years. So that means you don't have to pay him while he's developing. They are stockpiling talent and not having to pay Saric is great because he will be starting his rookie deal in the beginning of MCW's fourth year of playing and Noel's third year and hopefully Embiid's second year. So it will be like they have a top lottery guy coming in who they can insert into a group of guys who have begun to grow. If Saric went 12th in this year's draft what will his value be in two years? He would probably be top 5. So it's like they can have a top 5 talent guy come in and play with young guys who have been improving. Saric has been scouted to death there's no mystery about him like there is with Exum. Back to mcDermott. I like him and think that he'll be a solid pro and in the right situation could be pretty good. As badly as Philly needs shooting, they are also trying to be really long and athletic so that they can defend and McDermott doesn't really give them that. I think that he's underrated defensively but he's just not a good fit here. Excellent fit in Chicago though.

We will have to be content with videos like this for 2 years. Here's Micic vs. Saric:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXh_Nm9pMGo

chocolatethunder
06-28-2014, 12:19 AM
This.

you know, besides the fact that Barg doesn't rebound... AT ALL. He probably doesn't get the credit he deserves for his ability to score and eat up space.

Really with Bargs it's his production vs. him being the number one overall and his contract. He's not an awful player but he's not worth what he costs nor was he worthy of the first overall pick. He can do some decent things but not enough to justify where he was picked or what he earns.

And with Saric it's not about him being better than McDermott as much as it is he's better fit. He is younger by two years and does different things. McDermott's a great fit in Chicago not a great fit here. In two years he could be much better than McDermott is now or he could not improve at all. He's def a solid young player right now.

Dr.J4ever
06-28-2014, 12:19 AM
This.

Score yes, but he's not the all around talent Saric is. Toni Kucoc has been used as a comparison for Saric.

Dr.J4ever
06-28-2014, 12:27 AM
Here's some Draft reviews on the Sixers:

Adi Joseph of USA Today gives the Sixers' six-man draft class (seven, if you want to count Pierre Jackson) a sparkling A+ grade:

[Embiid and Saric] have ridiculous potential, as does Micic, a great passer who likely will stay overseas as well. Meanwhile, McDaniels and Grant are hard-nosed defenders who are ready to fill roster spots right now, and McRae has some potential as a scorer. But it's Jackson who may prove the biggest addition immediately, as he dominated the NBA Development League last season as a scorer and would fit well next to oversized pass-first point guard Michael Carter-Williams. This is what the Sixers need to do as they continue to build for 2016 and beyond.

The SB Nation NBA team believes that both Embiid and Saric have A+/A upside, but is quick to point out that neither one will have any sort of measurable impact on the team this year (and that's not necessarily a bad thing):

Saric will stay in Europe for the next two years, but that's perfectly fine with Philadelphia, a team well aware it's in this rebuild for the long haul. After taking Embiid at No. 3, then trading for Saric, the Sixers drafted two lottery players who won't make an impact on the floor next season. But that's OK with Philadelphia's timeline.

Kurt Helin was effusive in his praise of the 76ers, naming the team as one of his winners in his draft recap over at ProBasketballTalk:

They took a smart gamble and got maybe the best player in the draft in Joel Embiid - when you're rebuilding and you need elite talent you swing for the fences not play it safe. Put Embiid next to Nerlens Noel in a couple years and if they can stay healthy they can be a force in the paint. The Sixers got a good future point forward in Dario Saric (who will spend the next two years in Turkey, developing. They picked up the very athletic Jerami Grant out of Syracuse, who should make some plays and fits an up-tempo system like the Sixers run. They rolled the dice on a few Europeans as well who may pan out down the line.

On the flip side, Helin believes that fans of the Sixers (or, at least the ones who have little patience for a long-term plan) were some of the biggest losers on Thursday:

This team lost 26 games in a row late last year and isn't going to be much if any better next season... It's going to be the largely same tanktastic roster in Philly, and that sucks for fans asked to sit through another year of it. Intellectually Sixers fans get the building plan, but it's hard to watch right now.

James Herbert of CBS Sports listed his 10 steals of the draft, and two of them just happen to be members of the Philadelphia 76ers. Herbert called Hinkie "the MVP of the draft" thanks in part to the Sixers' acquisition of Dario Saric:

Saric is the most versatile offensive player in the draft, and he plays with an edge in addition to being incredibly skilled. The more you watch him, the more you fall in love with him.

Herbert is also a big fan of former Clemson SF K.J. McDaniels:

McDaniels' stock slid in the weeks leading up to the draft, but he has lottery talent. Teams doubt his ability to shoot, but he'll be a solid one-on-one defender and excellent help defender immediately. I called him underrated when he was projected to go late in the first round, and in the second round this was a no-brainer for Philly.

He's an incredible athlete, and he'll be a beast in transition on both ends. He does the things wings are supposed to do in 2014 in the NBA, meaning he's not the type to force up bad 2-point jumpers. If McDaniels is just able to hit spot-up 3s, this is a great get.

GimmeThat
06-28-2014, 01:03 AM
Score yes, but he's not the all around talent Saric is. Toni Kucoc has been used as a comparison for Saric.

well, the NBA welcomes him.

Dr.J4ever
06-28-2014, 08:39 AM
We will have to be content with videos like this for 2 years. Here's Micic vs. Saric:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXh_Nm9pMGo

Check Micic's post up turnaround jumper on the baseline at 56 seconds. He will be able to post up smaller guards and do this thing in the NBA.:applause:

Fiba basketball
06-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Check Micic's post up turnaround jumper on the baseline at 56 seconds. He will be able to post up smaller guards and do this thing in the NBA.:applause:

Imagine him doing this with Noel/Embiid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jetP_HWGbJg

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 09:45 AM

First game

Micic

Smart

Second game

Micic

Smart

Micic isn't half as good as Teodosic was at the same age, and Teodosic isn't even the best point guard now, even after all these years.

Let's not get way ahead of ourselves. Saric is definitely very interesting, but Micic isn't anything special.

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 09:47 AM
2 time European Champion is worst club ever? Go **** your sister you piece of shit redneck

So you are saying Cibona didn't lose like 46 straight games in European competitions? That they didn't lose every single game they played in, even in the 2nd tier Eurocup, in the last years?

Right................

I'm not talking about when Petrovic played there. I'm talking about the CURRENT TIME, not the mid 1980s. I'm talking about facts, unlike you.

It is a FACT, that the CURRENT Cibona, was the WORST team in the HISTORY of European competitions. If you comeback to this post denying it again, I will post all of the results in European competitions proving it. So you have been warned ahead of time, just in case you think you can trick any of the NBA only fan clowns here.

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Yes, some in Philly are really high on him despite those turnovers. As pointed out by ChocThunder, Philly can watch them develop from afar without paying them over the next 2 years.

It's just that, I feel like a kid with new toys that are denied from me for 1-2 more years(Embiid, Saric, Micic).

More waiting. :(

WTF is wrong with you? How many times does it have to be explained to you that the best players on a team and in a tournament are usually the leaders in turnovers?

Can't you look at a damn NBA stats sheet and figure that out?

Your level of idiocy is unbelievable.

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 09:56 AM

Do you EVER stop trolling? Once again, Saric is NOT a point forward. Also, Saric is NOT a good 3 point shooter.

He's NOT Kukoc. Can you ever stop being a jackass?

Are you even capable of it?

chocolatethunder
06-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Do you EVER stop trolling? Once again, Saric is NOT a point forward. Also, Saric is NOT a good 3 point shooter.

He's NOT Kukoc. Can you ever stop being a jackass?

Are you even capable of it?
Nah he's not Kukoc but he can pass well and likes to get other guys involoved. He's not a good shooter, certainly not from three. He's a very solid player for a 20 year old.

Fiba basketball
06-28-2014, 10:21 AM
Micic isn't half as good as Teodosic was at the same age, and Teodosic isn't even the best point guard now, even after all these years.

Let's not get way ahead of ourselves. Saric is definitely very interesting, but Micic isn't anything special.

Micic is better than Teodosic was at that age ( 20 years ) and has potential to become a better player since he is more athletic, better ball handler and isn't crazy like Teodosic is. Only thing Micic needs to do to become better is to improve his shooting ( which he showed he can do ), defense and cut down his TOs.

Also in 6 or 7 years when DD, Teodosic, Spanoulis, Parker, Rodrigez etc. retier who's going to be the best pg. For now only Micic is showing potential for that.

BoutPractice
06-28-2014, 10:27 AM
He can definitely be a point forward imo. The shooting part I agree with though.

Dr.J4ever
06-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Imagine him doing this with Noel/Embiid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jetP_HWGbJg
:applause: He has vision. One of Philly.com's top columnists loves the guy in that article I sent you last month. And now the Washington Post confirms Micic too.

Dr.J4ever
06-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Nah he's not Kukoc but he can pass well and likes to get other guys involoved. He's not a good shooter, certainly not from three. He's a very solid player for a 20 year old.

Did you see the review I posted? At least that review has him as one of the most versatile offensive players in the entire draft. I will get back to you on his shooting later. Let me check.

Yup, you're right.He only shot 34% in the Adriatic league last year from 3, but hell, he's only 20 and he's 6'10. These Euro guys have good shooting fundamentals, and he could probably get it up by the time he gets to the NBA.

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Micic is better than Teodosic was at that age ( 20 years ) and has potential to become a better player since he is more athletic, better ball handler and isn't crazy like Teodosic is. Only thing Micic needs to do to become better is to improve his shooting ( which he showed he can do ), defense and cut down his TOs.

Also in 6 or 7 years when DD, Teodosic, Spanoulis, Parker, Rodrigez etc. retier who's going to be the best pg. For now only Micic is showing potential for that.

How is Micic so good? He's overrated. Sorry. I don't see what is so great about him. You are talking about him as being the best European point guard............

That means Djordevic, Jasikevicius, Spanoulis level. If you wanted to add Diamantidis and Papaloukas to that list I guess you could, although they were/are really point forwards and not actually point guards (even though everyone in Europe for some reason wrongly calls them point guards).

So yeah, sorry, I'm not seeing it. And just out of curiosity, did you ever see guys like Spanoulis or Papaloukas play at that same age? I mean, they were explosive athletes. Really explosive athletes, especially Spanoulis.

So then you are saying in 6 or 7 years, well yeah, but Micic is going to be way less athletic than he is now in 6 or 7 years also. You don't keep your same athletic level that you have at age 20.

I mean hell, I remember even Jasikevicius was a decent athlete at 20. Even Diamantidis, who was like a zombie by late 20s to 30, and is like a mummy now (post 30) was more athletic than Micic is.

Hell, I remember Calderon was pretty athletic at age 20, more than Micic is now.

Navarro...it would probably surprise a lot of people now, but he was really athletic at that age, really quick and he could really jump.

At 27 or so, half those guys were slow and playing on skill almost alone. So I'm not sure about the athletic part. I mean, Teodosic is an underrated athlete as it is. Most of that talk about him athletically is all bullshit anyway. In those games against the NBA teams, he EASILY handled all the NBA players athletically.

You NEVER EVER project a young player going forward based on their current young age athletic level. The young players are already physically and athletically peaked.

That's why all of that NBA nonsense about, "this player is only 18, so they will be this good at such and such age", is such total and complete bullshit.

Dr.J4ever
06-28-2014, 11:07 AM
How is Micic so good? He's overrated. Sorry. I don't see what is so great about him. You are talking about him as being the best European point guard............

That means Djordevic, Jasikevicius, Spanoulis level. If you wanted to add Diamantidis and Papaloukas to that list I guess you could, although they were/are really point forwards and not actually point guards (even though everyone in Europe for some reason wrongly calls them point guards).

So yeah, sorry, I'm not seeing it.

I will let Fiba speak for himself, but as I see it, despite some limitations, he has the potential. He's what 19 or 20? You have to project a little. What could he be in 2-4 years. He's certainly not as savvy or as complete as those other guards you mentioned, but his ceiling might be higher, and that's whats important right now.

Check the review I posted earlier. His weaknesses were discussed. A high TO % and low 3 %, but he is already a master of the pick and roll at 20.

chocolatethunder
06-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Did you see the review I posted? At least that review has him as one of the most versatile offensive players in the entire draft. I will get back to you on his shooting later. Let me check.

Yup, you're right.He only shot 34% in the Adriatic league last year from 3, but hell, he's only 20 and he's 6'10. These Euro guys have good shooting fundamentals, and he could probably get it up by the time he gets to the NBA.
Yea I saw it. I don't get too excited over comparisons and sports writing. They overhype just about every prospect out there. He's an inconsistent shooter from what I've seen. His form isn't awful, so maybe he'll improve. I like him because he's tall and likes to move the ball. Having a tall facilitator can always be helpful. As far as Micic is concerned, he looks like he could develop into something decent. Not an NBA star by any stretch but a decent player. He too needs to work on his shooting. That's the only disappointment I take from this draft is that they came away with still no shooting. They did get incredibly athletic and got a steal in the second round in McDaniel.

Dr.J4ever
06-28-2014, 11:11 AM
Yea I saw it. I don't get too excited over comparisons and sports writing. They overhype just about every prospect out there. He's an inconsistent shooter from what I've seen. His form isn't awful, so maybe he'll improve. I like him because he's tall and likes to move the ball. Having a tall facilitator can always be helpful. As far as Micic is concerned, he looks like he could develop into something decent. Not an NBA star by any stretch but a decent player. He too needs to work on his shooting. That's the only disappointment I take from this draft is that they came away with still no shooting. They did get incredibly athletic and got a steal in the second round in McDaniel.
Well, we got JRich. He's comin back. We will need to sign some shooters just so MCW can drive and dish, and not be forced to shoot difficult shots in the lane and lower his FG%. We have to give him some tools so we can see what he can become.

Agreed?

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 11:18 AM
He can definitely be a point forward imo. The shooting part I agree with though.

He's not a point forward. A point forward is,

Larry Bird
Scottie Pippen
Oscar Robertson

Euroleague comparison

Dimitris Diamantidis
Theo Papaloukas

He's not a point forward. Unless we suddenly changed the basketball definition overnight of what a point forward is.

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 11:21 AM

Are you going to continue to be a colossal mega POS and troll and harass the living hell out of all of the Euroleague fans here with this endless taunting and trolling bullshit with all this nonsense "expertise" without having ever seen a Euroleague game?

Or are you actually going to watch Euroleague now? At least the damn Efes games? Or is even that too much to ask of such an NBA only fan troll such as yourself?

Dr.J4ever
06-28-2014, 11:25 AM
Are you going to continue to be a colossal mega POS and troll and harass the living hell out of all of the Euroleague fans here with this endless taunting and trolling bullshit with all this nonsense "expertise" without having ever seen a Euroleague game?

Or are you actually going to watch Euroleague now? At least the damn Efes games? Or is even that too much to ask of such an NBA only fan troll such as yourself?
You make me laugh! I'm not an EL watcher, by any means, but I have watched a few games. I have seen your boy with Olympiacos a few times too. Damn those turnovers and that assist to turnover ratio.

But yes, I will be checking out Efes games now.

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 11:26 AM
I will let Fiba speak for himself, but as I see it, despite some limitations, he has the potential. He's what 19 or 20? You have to project a little. What could he be in 2-4 years. He's certainly not as savvy or as complete as those other guards you mentioned, but his ceiling might be higher, and that's whats important right now.

Check the review I posted earlier. His weaknesses were discussed. A high TO % and low 3 %, but he is already a master of the pick and roll at 20.

You don't watch Euroleague. Being a master of pick and roll, a great passer, having great vision, etc. may be earth shattering to NBA only fans like you.........

I mean damn, WOW NBA only fans and US sports media and NBA teams are just BLOWN AWAY

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

It's absolutely COMMON PLACE in Europe. This is what makes NBA only fans such clowns to anyone European basketball fan. Fiba is just excited because a Serbian player he likes is being hyped up.

get serious.

Those things are a dime a dozen traits and skills in Europe.

The NBA is a joke league. Don't you get it? No, you don't get it. You REALLY don't get it.

Higher ceiling than those guys............

:rolleyes: :facepalm

I hope to god now you do NOT watch Euroleague next season. If you do, your head will explode. You cannot handle it. You can't handle the truth.

There is no way you could handle it.

Oh and last year, Nedovic was supposed to be "the European Derrick Rose" and I told you that was absolute freaking absurd. You called me a "liar, a nutcase, a troll, a lunatic", etc. You said ALL the NBA scouts said, "he is the MOST athletic player in Europe so I MUST be a LIAR and a NUTCASE and a troll to be saying it isn't true".

Yeah well, I don't see any apologies from you on that one now do I? Like I said then, he was MAYBE top 20-30 most athletic point guard in Euroleague/Eurocup...............

These NBA scouts, managers, GMs, coaches and sports writers are in all honesty just as retarded as the NBA only fans in this forum are.

They all suffer from this same psychotic delusion - the one you suffer from. This insane belief that somehow the NBA is a billion times better than a competition that it's actually currently WORSE than.

Dr.J4ever
06-28-2014, 11:29 AM
You don't watch Euroleague. Being a master of pick and roll, a great passer, having great vision, etc. may be earth shattering to NBA only fans like you.........

I mean damn, WOW NBA only fans and US sports media and NBA teams are just BLOWN AWAY

It's absolutely COMMON PLACE in Europe. This is what makes NBA only fans such clowns to anyone European basketball fan. Fiba is just excited because a Serbian player he likes is being hyped up.

get serious.

The NBA is a joke league. Don't you get it? No, you don't get it. You REALLY don't get it.

I hope to god you now you do NOT watch Euroleague next season. If you do, your head will explode. You cannot handle it. You can't handle the truth.

Okay, whatever:lol

Fiba basketball
06-28-2014, 11:30 AM

So yeah, sorry, I'm not seeing it. And just out of curiosity, did you ever see guys like Spanoulis or Papaloukas play at that same age? I mean, they were explosive athletes. Really explosive athletes, especially Spanoulis.

So then you are saying in 6 or 7 years, well yeah, but Micic is going to be way less athletic than he is now in 6 or 7 years also. You don't keep your same athletic level that you have at age 20.

I mean hell, I remember even Jasikevicius was a decent athlete at 20. Even Diamantidis, who was like a zombie by late 20s to 30, and is like a mummy now (post 30) was more athletic than Micic is.

Hell, I remember Calderon was pretty athletic at age 20, more than Micic is now.

Navarro...it would probably surprise a lot of people now, but he was really athletic at that age, really quick and he could really jump.

At 27 or so, half those guys were slow and playing on skill almost alone. So I'm not sure about the athletic part. I mean, Teodosic is an underrated athlete as it is. Most of that talk about him athletically is all bullshit anyway. In those games against the NBA teams, he EASILY handled all the NBA players athletically.

You NEVER EVER project a young player going forward based on their current young age athletic level. The young players are already physically and athletically peaked.

That's why all of that NBA nonsense about, "this player is only 18, so they will be this good at such and such age", is such total and complete bullshit.

And how many times did you watch Micic ???

I'm telling you in games he was hitting from mid range and 3s he looked amazing because he could do anything on offense and no matter how good of a defender you put on him you just can't defend someone like that. Ofcourse at the moment his shooting isn't as consitant but I belive that it will change in the future and then he will be most entertaining player to watch.

Also since he isn't athletic at all he won't have any problem playing great well after he passed 30 ( I see him destroying defenses with his penentrating just like Kecman did at old age )

chocolatethunder
06-28-2014, 11:32 AM
Well, we got JRich. He's comin back. We will need to sign some shooters just so MCW can drive and dish, and not be forced to shoot difficult shots in the lane and lower his FG%. We have to give him some tools so we can see what he can become.

Agreed?
I put no stock in J Rich at all and I don't imagine that he will play much. Yes MCW needs shooters and he needs to learn how to shoot.

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 11:32 AM
You make me laugh! I'm not an EL watcher, by any means, but I have watched a few games. I have seen your boy with Olympiacos a few times too. Damn those turnovers and that assist to turnover ratio.

But yes, I will be checking out Efes games now.

You have never once in your entire life seen a Euroleague game.

And what's even worse, is your ridiculous notion that you would claim "having seen a few games" would justify you to somehow know anything about it.

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 11:34 AM
And how many times did you watch Micic ???

I'm telling you in games he was hitting from mid range and 3s he looked amazing because he could do anything on offense and no matter how good of a defender you put on him you just can't defend someone like that. Ofcourse at the moment his shooting isn't as consitant but I belive that it will change in the future and then he will be most entertaining player to watch.

Also since he isn't athletic at all he won't have any problem playing great well after he passed 30 ( I see him destroying defenses with his penentrating just like Kecman did at old age )

And how good was Becirovic at the same age?

And how good was Zisis?

And how good was Jaric?

I am just going to naturally assume you already know.

Jaric was every bit as good or better, and the other two were absolutely amazing.

How good was Pappas (he was a point guard his whole career until last season) at that age? MUCH better than Micic.....

Etc. How many more examples do we need to run through to make the point?

How is Micic in any way special for his age, or in any way showing anything at all to suggest he would be the best European point guard?

chocolatethunder
06-28-2014, 11:36 AM

get serious.

I hope to god you now you do NOT watch Euroleague next season. If you do, your head will explode. You cannot handle it. You can't handle the truth.

Oh and last year, Nedovic was supposed to be "the European Derrick Rose" and I told you that was absolute freaking absurd. You called me a "liar, a nutcase, a troll, a lunatic", etc. You said ALL the NBA scouts said, "he is the MOST athletic player in Europe so I MUST be a LIAR and a NUTCASE and a troll to be saying it isn't true".

Yeah well, I don't see any apologies from you on that one now do I? Like I said then, he was MAYBE top 20-30 most athletic point guard in Euroleague/Eurocup...............

These NBA scouts, managers, GMs, and coaches managers and sports writers are in all honesty just as retarded as the NBA only fans in this forum are.

They all suffer from this same psychotic delusion - the one you suffer from. This insane belief that somehow the NBA is a billion times better than a competition that it's actually currently WORSE than.

I watch Euroleague games all the time and one of my friends plays for Maccabi and won Euroleague this year. I also have friends that play in many of the other leagues across Europe from Iceland and Finland to the ACB and the LEB and the English league. While I don't think that Saric is the best player in Europe, his skill set isn't commonplace which is why he's drawn interest from the NBA. I would say that yes because of the lack of the AAU culture in Europe ( which is a good thing) players in general tend to have sounder fundamentals. Saric however is still a special player and while he's not a true point forward, he's a tall guy who is a great passer and has a great feel for the game. I like his game a lot.

Dr.J4ever
06-28-2014, 11:45 AM
I watch Euroleague games all the time and one of my friends plays for Maccabi and won Euroleague this year. I also have friends that play in many of the other leagues across Europe from Iceland and Finland to the ACB and the LEB and the English league. While I don't think that Saric is the best player in Europe, his skill set isn't commonplace which is why he's drawn interest from the NBA. I would say that yes because of the lack of the AAU culture in Europe ( which is a good thing) players in general tend to have sounder fundamentals. Saric however is still a special player and while he's not a true point forward, he's a tall guy who is a great passer and has a great feel for the game. I like his game a lot.

Ed Rendell is heartbroken with the Saric pick. He wanted Mcbuckets...:lol

Fiba basketball
06-28-2014, 11:48 AM
And how good was Becirovic at the same age?

And how good was Zisis?

And how good was Jaric?

I am just going to naturally assume you already know.

Jaric was every bit as good or better, and the other two were absolutely amazing.

How good was Pappas (he was a point guard his whole career until last season) at that age? MUCH better than Micic.....

Etc. How many more examples do we need to run through to make the point?

How is Micic in any way special for his age, or in any way showing anything at all to suggest he would be the best European point guard?

You didn't awnser the question. How many times did you watch Micic this season ??

What is he doing to suggest he would be the best European pg in the future ? Well by being key player for Mega and having a lot of great games.
There were players who played as good or better than him at this age like Tepic for example but Micic shows that he's got much more room for improvement and it's very easy to see by watching him.

Fiba basketball
06-28-2014, 11:51 AM

Can you tell us the name of your friend ? I remember you talking about this last year too so I guess it's Hickman or Smith.

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 12:03 PM

I wasn't talking about Saric. I was talking about point guards actually in that post.

Dr.J.4ever was implying that somehow it means something to have a big point guard that is a master of the pick and roll, is a great passer, and has great court vision.

I was just bursting his bubble that it only matters in the NBA, and not in Europe (where such guards are everywhere).

That's why NBA was so enamored with Rubio and no one in Europe really gave a damn, especially considering Europe is loaded with guards like him with better passing, better vision, better pick and roll ability, plus that can shoot and score.

But in the NBA people are just blown away by such court vision, etc.

But Dr.J4ever was suggesting Micic would have a "higher ceiling" than,

Sasha Djordevic
Juan Carlos Navarro
Theo Papaloukas
Dimitris Diamantidis
Vassilis Spanoulis
Sarunas Jasikevicius

I am sure this is the opinion of 99% of NBA only fans also, but it just shows how completely insane NBA only fans are.

It would be the equivalent of someone saying that Shabazz Napier has a "higher ceiling" than Steve Nash or John Stockton.

But NBA only fans can't even wrap their heads around it.

As for Saric, there isn't really anything unique about him being 6-10, athletic, being able to handle the ball and stuff like that in Europe really either.

I mean there are plenty of guys like that in Europe also. And actually in recent years a lot of the power forwards have trended that way a bit more from just the spread power forwards.

So being 6-10, being able to handle the ball, pass it, it's not that it's anything unique. There's plenty of guys like that.

And it is complete bullshit again from US media and NBA if they say it's rare and he's the only player in Europe like that - there are a lot of guys like that.

That's not what is interesting about Saric from a European viewpoint (even though it may be from NBA viewpoint).

From a European viewpoint, it's just that he's just a natural basketball player. Some players just have that natural it and that's hugely important in European basketball.

It used to matter in NBA a lot too (80s, 90s), but since they bastardized the NBA so much with the rules and the refs it isn't anymore.

But that's mainly the deal with Saric. It's not anything about skills, or any nonsense really so much about that, and NBA is just bullshitting as usual saying that.

It's just that he's a real natural basketball player and he has the it factor, he understands the game, he plays really hard, he is really tough, and he fights out there for everything.

He's a classic European player and at 6-10.

All this bullshit about skills and everything, I mean yeah it's nice that he can handle the ball and pass and all of that, but the main thing is that he just knows how to play, understands the game, he's tough as hell, and he just fights for everything, he just has the it factor. He's just a natural player.

I mean for example Emir Preldzic is basically the same size, is probably more athletic, is probably more skilled, more talented, etc. and so what? That's just one example from just the Turkish League alone where he will be playing.

It's the fact Saric has the basketball mind and he has the heart to go with it and he really is a tough mofo. Which is more proof of how pathetic NBA and US sports media are because all they can say is,

"Saric is too weak", or "Saric is too soft" for the NBA.

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 12:15 PM
You didn't awnser the question. How many times did you watch Micic this season ??

What is he doing to suggest he would be the best European pg in the future ? Well by being key player for Mega and having a lot of great games.
There were players who played as good or better than him at this age like Tepic for example but Micic shows that he's got much more room for improvement and it's very easy to see by watching him.

Tepic is a point forward though, but yeah he can't create his own shot worth a damn.

I've seen Micic play plenty of times. He's a good player, but I'm not going to say he's "best point guard in Europe" material. Because we just listed what that means.........the names of the guys in that list.

I mean seriously....this is Adriatic League and it's a mid sized club if even that. It's not exactly stellar competition.

Let me ask you a question I have been asking you here several times, how is Micic any better than Bochoridis? I have been watching Micic and Bochoridis and IMO Bochoridis is better than Micic is.

You said I was overrating him because he was Greek. I don't care what nationality any player is. I rate them by how good they are. So forget that Micic is Serbian please.

How is Micic better than Bochoridis? Because you keep saying he's the best European point guard his age, and to me I say he's not. It's Bochoridis definitely for me. Because Bochoridis is an equal on everything, plus he's a better defender, plus he's a great 3 point shooter.

Here is the reality. Micic is the "best European point guard his age according to the NBA".

The NBA does not know jack shit about European basketball and never has.

So I just want to get your answer on why you think Micic is better than Bochoridis and then if you know if he's playing at the under 20 European championship or if the 76ers won't let him? Summer league, etc., whatever?

If he plays at the under-20 championship let's get an actual comparison between Bochoridis and Micic without any of this NBA nonsense hype bullshit, and without Serbian favoring of players bias.

Dr.J4ever
06-28-2014, 12:17 PM
I wasn't talking about Saric. I was talking about point guards actually in that post.

Dr.J.4ever was implying that somehow it means something to have a big point guard that is a master of the pick and roll, is a great passer, and has great court vision.

I was just bursting his bubble that it only matters in the NBA, and not in Europe (where such guards are everywhere).

That's why NBA was so enamored with Rubio and no one in Europe really gave a damn, especially considering Europe is loaded with guards like him with better passing, better vision, better pick and roll ability, plus that can shoot and score.

But in the NBA people are just blown away by such court vision, etc.

But Dr.J4ever was suggesting Micic would have a "higher ceiling" than,

Sasha Djordevic
Juan Carlos Navarro
Theo Papaloukas
Dimitris Diamantidis
Vassilis Spanoulis
Sarunas Jasikevicius

I am sure this is the opinion of 99% of NBA only fans also, but it just shows how completely insane NBA only fans are.

It would be the equivalent of someone saying that Shabazz Napier has a "higher ceiling" than Steve Nash or John Stockton.

But NBA only fans can't even wrap their heads around it.

As for Saric, there isn't really anything unique about him being 6-10, athletic, being able to handle the ball and stuff like that in Europe really either.

I mean there are plenty of guys like that in Europe also. And actually in recent years a lot of the power forwards have trended that way a bit more from just the spread power forwards.

So being 6-10, being able to handle the ball, pass it, it's not that it's anything unique. There's plenty of guys like that.

And it is complete bullshit again from US media and NBA if they say it's rare and he's the only player in Europe like that - there are a lot of guys like that.

That's not what is interesting about Saric from a European viewpoint (even though it may be from NBA viewpoint).

From a European viewpoint, it's just that he's just a natural basketball player. Some players just have that natural it and that's hugely important in European basketball.

It used to matter in NBA a lot too (80s, 90s), but since they bastardized the NBA so much with the rules and the refs it isn't anymore.

But that's mainly the deal with Saric. It's not anything about skills, or any nonsense really so much about that, and NBA is just bullshitting as usual saying that.

It's just that he's a real natural basketball player and he has the it factor, he understands the game, he plays really hard, he is really tough, and he fights out there for everything.

He's a classic European player and at 6-10.

All this bullshit about skills and everything, I mean yeah it's nice that he can handle the ball and pass and all of that, but the main thing is that he just knows how to play, understands the game, he's tough as hell, and he just fights for everything, he just has the it factor. He's just a natural player.

I mean for example Emir Preldzic is basically the same size, is probably more athletic, is probably more skilled, more talented, etc. and so what? That's just one example from just the Turkish League alone where he will be playing.

It's the fact Saric has the basketball mind and he has the heart to go with it and he really is a tough mofo. Which is more proof of how pathetic NBA and US sports media are because all they can say is,

"Saric is too weak", or "Saric is too soft" for the NBA.

Your comparing Micic's ceiling with some all time great Euro guards. I'm not quite ready to say he can be as good as some of those guys. Hell, could he become like Papaloukas? I don't know. Ask Fiba. But if he can be as good as Papaloukas, the Sixers made a hell of a 2nd round draft pick.

Don't forget also that there is a reason that he(Micic) was chosen in the 2nd round. There were some flaws to his game at this point, but some, it's just a few scouts at this point, believe this is a winner for Philly.

In this sense, there is some truth to what you're saying that Micic is not all that. I have a suspicion though, not too much evidence yet, that he will be a good PG in the NBA. I'm not sure yet if he can be a star, but if he reaches Papaloukas level..Hell yeah!

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Can you tell us the name of your friend ? I remember you talking about this last year too so I guess it's Hickman or Smith.

Shawn James? Sylven Landesburg?

chocolatethunder
06-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Smith

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Your comparing Micic's ceiling with some all time great Euro guards. I'm not quite ready to say he can be as good as some of those guys. Hell, could he become like Papaloukas? I don't know. Ask Fiba. But if he can be as good as Papaloukas, the Sixers made a hell of a 2nd round draft pick.

Don't forget also that there is a reason that he(Micic) was chosen in the 2nd round. There were some flaws to his game at this point, but some, it's just a few scouts at this point, believe this is a winner for Philly.

In this sense, there is some truth to what you're saying that Micic is not all that. I have a suspicion though, not too much evidence yet, that he will be a good PG in the NBA. I'm not sure yet if he can be a star, but if he reaches Papaloukas level..Hell yeah!

There is no way in hell he can be as good as Papaloukas. That isn't Micic's "ceiling" clown. You are imagining things again in your own mind.

STOP SMOKING CRACK

No disrespect to him. He's a good player. But GET SERIOUS.

You are on some SERIOUS DRUGS.

The mere fact you would even ask that question or even wonder about it, just shows what a freaking idiot you truly are.

Poor man's Jaric? Maybe.

Be happy if you get a poor man's Jaric. Which would still be a pretty good player.

Despite what CLOWNS LIKE YOU say here ALL THE TIME WHEN YOU TROLL - you have personally said here dozens of times that Jaric was a "Euro scrub", "Euro bum", etc. - in his prime he was a pretty damn good player.

It's just that NBA only fan morons never saw him play in FIBA tournaments, Euroleague, or they never watched him in NBA, because he played with the Clippers when they were a joke and no one watched them.

But he was pretty damn good, despite what MEGA CLOWN TROLLS like you, Rooster, nick young, gabepizza, CavsFTW, etc., claim here all the time to the contrary.

A poor man's version of Jaric (smaller, less athletic, not as good on defense, but more focused on play making and passing) is about what I could see.

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Smith

He's a really good player. Definitely one of my favorite Euroleague players. He's for sure one of the best small forwards in Europe.

chocolatethunder
06-28-2014, 12:53 PM
He's a really good player. Definitely one of my favorite Euroleague players. He's for sure one of the best small forwards in Europe.
Yes and has had invites to camps/summer leagues in NBA but he would only be a 10-14 min/game player here or not play at all so he's stayed in Europe and won in Israel and Spain and played in all the best leagues pretty much.

GOBB
06-28-2014, 01:55 PM
So he's a SF or just a SF overseas and PF here? Whats up with him being labelled as a guy who cant shoot?

chocolatethunder
06-28-2014, 02:14 PM
So he's a SF or just a SF overseas and PF here? Whats up with him being labelled as a guy who cant shoot?
He plays PF over there but can play SF over here no problem. He's not an awful shooter, he shoots 70% from the line and shot 34.5% from three in the Adriatic league. Not awful just not good enough to be known as a shooter. He can def improve there. His shit isn't ugly or anything like that.

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 04:31 PM
Yes and has had invites to camps/summer leagues in NBA but he would only be a 10-14 min/game player here or not play at all so he's stayed in Europe and won in Israel and Spain and played in all the best leagues pretty much.

That's just more of the problem of the NBA being bullshit though. Devin Smith is easily good enough to start in the NBA.

And you can tell him that. This coming from someone that watches tons of NBA and Euroleague.

Regardless of the fact as you say that the politics of the NBA not wanting to give him the same chance and same role he has now and all that bullshit about "earning your place" and blah blah.

But the fact is, he's good, he's really good. I can think of plenty of starters in the NBA that are not as good as him.

Of course, from a financial position, it would make no sense for him, which I am sure is why he would never even consider it. That's the case with most players in Europe, and is why it's so ridiculous when all the clowns here make these comments like, "if any players in Europe were good enough to play in the NBA, they would already be in the NBA".

No, the competition is elite in Euroleague, and he makes a hell of a lot more money in Maccabi than he would in the NBA, so that's what the issue is.

Fiba basketball
06-28-2014, 05:14 PM
Tepic is a point forward though, but yeah he can't create his own shot worth a damn.

I've seen Micic play plenty of times. He's a good player, but I'm not going to say he's "best point guard in Europe" material. Because we just listed what that means.........the names of the guys in that list.

I mean seriously....this is Adriatic League and it's a mid sized club if even that. It's not exactly stellar competition.

Let me ask you a question I have been asking you here several times, how is Micic any better than Bochoridis? I have been watching Micic and Bochoridis and IMO Bochoridis is better than Micic is.

You said I was overrating him because he was Greek. I don't care what nationality any player is. I rate them by how good they are. So forget that Micic is Serbian please.

How is Micic better than Bochoridis? Because you keep saying he's the best European point guard his age, and to me I say he's not. It's Bochoridis definitely for me. Because Bochoridis is an equal on everything, plus he's a better defender, plus he's a great 3 point shooter.

Here is the reality. Micic is the "best European point guard his age according to the NBA".

The NBA does not know jack shit about European basketball and never has.

So I just want to get your answer on why you think Micic is better than Bochoridis and then if you know if he's playing at the under 20 European championship or if the 76ers won't let him? Summer league, etc., whatever?

If he plays at the under-20 championship let's get an actual comparison between Bochoridis and Micic without any of this NBA nonsense hype bullshit, and without Serbian favoring of players bias.

Micic lead Serbia youth NTs to medals and was voted as best pg in every turnament. Why isn't that case with Bochoridis ????

You are talking to me about favoring Serbian players when you are probably the only person in the world who thinks Bochoridis is better than Micic, I think even Bochoridis doesn't belive he's better.

Euroleague
06-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Micic lead Serbia youth NTs to medals and was voted as best pg in every turnament. Why isn't that case with Bochoridis ????

You are talking to me about favoring Serbian players when you are probably the only person in the world who thinks Bochoridis is better than Micic, I think even Bochoridis doesn't belive he's better.

So you are not going to be willing to come back to this debate after the under-20 European championship?

Is Micic even playing at it?

You know he should have a huge advantage as Greece NBA players and Olympiacos players were all banned from the team right? I mean come on, half of their rotation was banned off the team.

So it's basically just Bochoridis, Kamperidis and a couple other guys.

So you are not even willing to even discuss it? Fine man whatever.

I will be sure to bump this though.

Fiba basketball
06-28-2014, 05:17 PM

He is PF in every league. He's just not fast enough to guard any sf and he plays much better on offense as a pf.

Fiba basketball
06-28-2014, 05:36 PM
So you are not going to be willing to come back to this debate after the under-20 European championship?

Is Micic even playing at it?

You know he should have a huge advantage as Greece NBA players and Olympiacos players were all banned from the team right? I mean come on, half of their rotation was banned off the team.

So it's basically just Bochoridis, Kamperidis and a couple other guys.

So you are not even willing to even discuss it? Fine man whatever.

I will be sure to bump this though.

Micic won't play in U20 EC since he will prbably play for the senior NT.

We will come back to this in the future when Micic is playing for some big EL team and Bochoridis is stil playing in Greek league.

chocolatethunder
06-28-2014, 05:52 PM
He is PF in every league. He's just not fast enough to guard any sf and he plays much better on offense as a pf.
He will be playing the three and the four here.

Oly BC
06-28-2014, 08:49 PM
Debating Micic or Saric or Bochoridis is pointless when they haven't yet played against decent teams. Even the best adriatic league teams are quite bad overall and their game depends a lot on the one or two promising players they might have. How can you judge them accurately even from the games these teams play against each other?

Bochoridis was one of Greece's best in the u19 last year but didn't do much at all in the greek league this season. Cibona was eliminated in eurocup's first round and Saric had more turnovers than assists (his overall stats don't seem that bad but for a first and only option and in a not so high level competition they aren't impressive either).

These people are still basically kids and have mostly played against other kids. It would be right for both Micic and Saric to go to Efes and play under Ivkovic but I'm reserving judgement until I've seen them against decent opposition.

Bochoridis will probably be playing for olympiacos or panathinaikos next season btw.

Dr.J4ever
06-29-2014, 12:13 AM
I just saw the entire Hinkie presscon. As you said, Saric was heavily scouted, and Hinkie himself attended several of his games and came away impressed. Hinkie mentioned that he could play the 3 or 4, and sometimes even brought the ball up the court. He's very versatile. He's a possible star in the making.

Imagine a frontcourt of Noel, Embiid, and Saric. Now that looks like an imposing frontcourt.:applause:

Dr.J4ever
06-29-2014, 12:16 AM

We will come back to this in the future when Micic is playing for some big EL team and Bochoridis is stil playing in Greek league.
Serbia is in the Fiba World Cup right? If so, I will be very eager to watch and root for Saric and Micic.

Once you get any info on Micic's contract status with Efes, please update us since there is very little info right now even in Philly.

Im so nba'd out
06-29-2014, 12:20 AM
ya we f'd up the draft ill admit it.....a 6'10 slow foreign sf won't work in todays game if you want to win rings. If he is playing pf what was the point of draft Noel and Embiid.

A line up with
PG-MCW
SG-????
SF-SARIC
PF-NOEL
C-EMBIID
Will be one of the worst shooting lineups in the history of the league it makes no sense.Unless you plan on trading half of the people you draft.Hinkie thinks players will just say "cool ill just waste 4 years of my career while you build the team up"Thats not the real world people will get sick of losing and leave the team.I don't know how he bamboozled the sixer fans on here but he will never fool me this .bastard ruined my favorite f'ing team

Dr.J4ever
06-29-2014, 01:04 AM
ya we f'd up the draft ill admit it.....a 6'10 slow foreign sf won't work in todays game if you want to win rings. If he is playing pf what was the point of draft Noel and Embiid.

A line up with
PG-MCW
SG-????
SF-SARIC
PF-NOEL
C-EMBIID
Will be one of the worst shooting lineups in the history of the league it makes no sense.Unless you plan on trading half of the people you draft.Hinkie thinks players will just say "cool ill just waste 4 years of my career while you build the team up"Thats not the real world people will get sick of losing and leave the team.I don't know how he bamboozled the sixer fans on here but he will never fool me this .bastard ruined my favorite f'ing team

The Sixers have a young team and are determined to grow together as a young team. The players know that, and the players and fans know we will be a team to be reckoned with in 2-3 years, and contending in 4-5 years.

Having said that, it is hard, and we will need to be finding joy in the process and development of the young players. For example, let's watch Noel and the 2nd rounders development in this summer league.

I agree we will need shooters. MCW will need a shooter next to him. Saric can be a good shooter, despite only shooting 34% from 3. Emibiid is a better shooter than you think too. It won't be just them obviously. We will need to mix and match our lineups depending on the opponents(going big or going small).

The Sixers will soon be a young and very talented team with a load of cap space. When we become good, free agents will be lining up on the door to get to Philly.:rockon:

chocolatethunder
06-29-2014, 01:09 AM

A line up with
PG-MCW
SG-????
SF-SARIC
PF-NOEL
C-EMBIID

Ruined what? Some shit team that wasn't competitive? Riiiiight. He's building a team that will be competivie for 5-10 years. How is he doing that? Stockpiling draft picks and players. Do they have shooting? Nope, but they'll add it. They're gonna suck again this year so I suspect they'll add shooters in this coming draft and move Thad for a younger guy who can shoot.

duskovujosevic
06-29-2014, 01:39 AM
micic is not material for NBA. there are plenty of reasons. he isn't even material for 15 minutes in euroleague. he has only one offensive move (hesitation move), he can't cross player over. awful from freethrow line. had acl injury 3 seasons ago. TO prone. defense is hilarious.

micic's manager misko raznatovic will probably transfer him to efes. his agent is good friend with duda ivkovic. in other words, micic will have guaranteed minutes.

Dr.J4ever
06-29-2014, 01:45 AM
micic is not material for NBA. there are plenty of reasons. he isn't even material for 15 minutes in euroleague. he has only one offensive move (hesitation move), he can't cross player over. awful from freethrow line. had acl injury 3 seasons ago. defense is hilarious.

He was a 2nd round pick for a reason, I guess. However, there are some who are very high on him, even here in the States. A blog I posted from the Washington Post believes he could end up being the 3rd or 4th best PG in this very deep draft. The poster Fiba believes he could be one of the better Euro PGs in a couple of years.

We will see. He is playing for Serbia in the World cup? All I've seen from him are You tube videos and reports about what he can do.

Hope to see him in the world cup in aug.

duskovujosevic
06-29-2014, 01:54 AM
we will see next year. he played in adriatic league, which is average league in europe. he had all freedom in his manager's team. we didn't see him how he reacts under pressure and with better players than he is.

he might play in WC, but as a third string PG.

Im so nba'd out
06-29-2014, 02:05 AM
The Sixers have a young team and are determined to grow together as a young team. The players know that, and the players and fans know we will be a team to be reckoned with in 2-3 years, and contending in 4-5 years.

Having said that, it is hard, and we will need to be finding joy in the process and development of the young players. For example, let's watch Noel and the 2nd rounders development in this summer league.

I agree we will need shooters. MCW will need a shooter next to him. Saric can be a good shooter, despite only shooting 34% from 3. Emibiid is a better shooter than you think too. It won't be just them obviously. We will need to mix and match our lineups depending on the opponents(going big or going small).

The Sixers will soon be a young and very talented team with a load of cap space. When we become good, free agents will be lining up on the door to get to Philly.:rockon:
I don't want my 7'1 center shooting i want him around the basket.Players will not just be ok with losing over and over again.Everyone just ignores that fact players have short windows to play in the nba and they are not going to be ok with a 5 year rebuilding process.No Superstar will ever want to play in Philly come on lets be real out of all the cites in the nba no 1 will go to philly unless they get overpaid.

Dr.J4ever
06-29-2014, 02:16 AM
I don't want my 7'1 center shooting i want him around the basket.Players will not just be ok with losing over and over again.Everyone just ignores that fact players have short windows to play in the nba and they are not going to be ok with a 5 year rebuilding process.No Superstar will ever want to play in Philly come on lets be real out of all the cites in the nba no 1 will go to philly unless they get overpaid.

The only player of significance the Sixers have now who has gone through the losing is MCW. He has only gone through it for 1 year. Just one, not 5. None of the other Sixers have yet to have losing seasons. Let's say they have another losing season this year, but then show improvements, and then Embiid joins them next year, and make the Playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed in a weak EC. Possible? Of course, that is a possible scenario.

We will have another 1st rounder next year and still a load of cap space. Anytime Hinkie wants to pull the trigger at the right time to use this to acquire players, we will be right there at the cusp.

It's gonna get better, man. Very soon. Stay patient:cheers:

fandarko
06-29-2014, 01:29 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, so maybe I'm repeating someone, but nonetheless, I want to hereby put this whole thing in context with a couple of remarks.

First, Saric is not signing for any European team.

He's signed for a Turkish super rich power house coached, and this is key, by one of the top coaches in Europe, the former national team coach of Serbia Dusan Ivkovic, three-time Euroleague winner (all with Olympiakos, if I recall correctly).

Now, Saric's father, a former basketball player in Yugoslavia in the 80's, has said several times his son is better suited for the European game and has always favored Dario to play for a famous Serbian coach (Saric is Croatian, but parents are both ethnic Serbs, so you have to factor that in too, although it's no big deal, they probably don't care and his father just wants the kid to play for the best system there is for him) like Zeljko Obradovic (former Panathinaikos) or Ivkovic.

Ivkovic is assembling a super team in Turkey, I think they signed Krstic (200% more effective in the Euroleague than in the NBA) and several other big names. He has coached Toni Kukoc, Drazen Petrovic and many other big names. No language barrier between him and Saric. Krstic as a mentor for the kid. Saric father and mother couldn't be happier.

I sincerely can not imagine a better situation for the kid to develop further as a player.

Saric's father has said several times his son should favor the Euroleague over the NBA, for obvious reasons - he will be better paid, coached by a coach that will play to his strenghts (in the NBA he will be stuck between positions, can't guard 4s or 3s, short wingspan, would be ideal for Spurs though for his exceptional IQ and passing) and overall be in a much more favorable environment.

Saric's agent is one of the top in Europe and wants his clients to be in the best possible situations money wise and game wise.

For the time being, it's not the Sixers and since he will be a much better player in two years, he will be treated like royalty and sought after by the top teams in Europe.

Unless the Sixers promise him (in 2016) a major role and some $$$$, I don't see him coming. He will probably test the Euro market and get some offer he can't refuse and just wait he's no longer bound to the Sixers.

So it could be Fran Vasquez all over again, this time with the Sixers.

Just so as you know.

Otherwise, the kid is a legit talent, needs time to develop further, but his style does fit the Euro game better and hence he needs an ideal setting to be effective.

chocolatethunder
06-29-2014, 01:37 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, so maybe I'm repeating someone, but nonetheless, I want to hereby put this whole thing in context with a couple of remarks.

He's signed for a Turkish super rich power house coached, and this is key, by one of the top coaches in Europe, the former national team coach of Serbia Dusan Ivkovic, three-time Euroleague winner (all with Olympiakos, if I recall correctly).

Now, Saric's father, a former basketball player in Yugoslavia in the 80's, has said several times his son is better suited for the European game and has always favored Dario to play for a famous Serbian coach (Saric is Croatian, but parents are both ethnic Serbs, so you have to factor that in too, although it's no big deal, they probably don't care and his father just wants the kid to play for the best system there is for him).

He has said several times his son should favor the Euroleague over the NBA, for obvious reasons - he will be better paid, coached by a coach that will play his strenghts (in the NBA he will be stuck between positions, can't guard 4s or 3s, short wingspan, would be ideal for Spurs though for his exceptional IQ and passing) and overall be in a much more favorable environment.

Saric's agent is one of the top in Europe and wants his clients to be in the best possible situations money wise and game wise.

For the time being, it's not the Sixers and since he will be a much better player in two years, he will be treated like royalty and sought after by the top teams in Europe.

Unless the Sixers promise him (in 2016) a major role and some $$$$, I don't see him coming. He will probably test the Euro market and get some offer he can't refuse and just wait he's no longer bound to the Sixers.

Just so as you know.

Otherwise, the kid is a legit talent, needs time to develop further, but his style does fit the Euro game better and hence he needs an ideal setting to be effective.
Couple of differences here. Saric, unlike Vasquez has already said that his ultimate goal is to play in the NBA. He even said that maybe he would come over after next year ( which isn't possible so he won't be doing that). Also, if you know anything about Saric, you know that his dad is totally nuts and you can ignore whatever his dad says. Saric will at some point play in the NBA. Who knows if he will ever play for the Sixers but he will play here at some point. He's tall and saying that he can't guard this or that is just not true. Good coaches hide player's deficiencies on defense all the time. He's not going to be a lockdown defender at either position but mismatches work both ways. He's a tall guy who can pass and who is smart. He's not the best shooter but he's far from the worse. All players need an ideal setting to be effective. That's what good coaching is all about. Brett Brown is an understudy of Pop, and he's trying to build his own version of San Antonio right here. They have no shooting at all yet but they have a ton of length and athleticism and I suspect that if Saric ever comes to Philly that they'll have even more and can cover up his shortcomings no problem. He's a smart guy and so is Brett Brown.

Oly BC
06-29-2014, 02:12 PM

Now, Saric's father, a former basketball player in Yugoslavia in the 80's, has said several times his son is better suited for the European game and has always favored Dario to play for a famous Serbian coach (Saric is Croatian, but parents are both ethnic Serbs, so you have to factor that in too, although it's no big deal, they probably don't care and his father just wants the kid to play for the best system there is for him) like Zeljko Obradovic (former Panathinaikos) or Ivkovic.

Ivkovic is assembling a super team in Turkey, I think they signed Krstic (200% more effective in the Euroleague than in the NBA) and several other big names. He has coached Toni Kukoc, Drazen Petrovic and many other big names. No language barrier between him and Saric. Krstic as a mentor for the kid. Saric father and mother couldn't be happier.

I sincerely can not imagine a better situation for the kid to develop further as a player.

Saric's father has said several times his son should favor the Euroleague over the NBA, for obvious reasons - he will be better paid, coached by a coach that will play to his strenghts (in the NBA he will be stuck between positions, can't guard 4s or 3s, short wingspan, would be ideal for Spurs though for his exceptional IQ and passing) and overall be in a much more favorable environment.

Just so as you know.

Efes is by no means a powerhouse, the best they've done is reach the playoffs. They're just a rich team.
And Krstic hasn't been effective for years. He's the last person I'd want mentoring anyone.

Euroleague
06-29-2014, 02:13 PM

You don't consider Panathinaikos a big Euroleague team?

Euroleague
06-29-2014, 02:14 PM

He's a 100% pure classic face up power forward. That's it.

Euroleague
06-29-2014, 02:16 PM
Serbia is in the Fiba World Cup right? If so, I will be very eager to watch and root for Saric and Micic.

Once you get any info on Micic's contract status with Efes, please update us since there is very little info right now even in Philly.

:rolleyes:

Euroleague
06-29-2014, 02:20 PM
micic is not material for NBA. there are plenty of reasons. he isn't even material for 15 minutes in euroleague. he has only one offensive move (hesitation move), he can't cross player over. awful from freethrow line. had acl injury 3 seasons ago. TO prone. defense is hilarious.

micic's manager misko raznatovic will probably transfer him to efes. his agent is good friend with duda ivkovic. in other words, micic will have guaranteed minutes.

Like I said, "ceiling" as these NBA only fans use these stupid retarded words is poor man's Jaric.

I have no idea what in the world Fiba is talking about here.

Euroleague
06-29-2014, 02:25 PM

Just so as you know.

This is all good and everything, but just one thing though.....can you explain how Efes is building a "super team"?

I am really curious to see this explanation.

And Ivkovic won Euroleague twice, just for that correction.

Euroleague
06-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Efes is by no means a powerhouse, the best they've done is reach the playoffs. They're just a rich team.
And Krstic hasn't been effective for years. He's the last person I'd want mentoring anyone.

I know. I was thinking exactly the same things. That Efes is no powerhouse of anything. They are just a rich club that wastes a ton of money.

Although then I see that ESPN claimed, "Turkish powerhouse Efes signed Dario Saric". So I guess we have to blame those same clown fools at ESPN again.

:facepalm

Also about Krstic, he has been pretty much crap for 3 straight years in all of the serious games, crap in 2 straight years down the stretch, and last year he was pretty much crap all but for like 1 month of the whole season.

He was better in the NBA.

And I really don't get how Efes is building a super team either. Who do they have right now?

Like,

PG Zoran Planinic/Vasilje Micic/Dogus Balbay
SG Keith Langford/Birkan Batuk
SF Stratos Perperoglou/Cedi Osman
PF Dario Saric/________/Deniz Kilicli
C Stephane Lasme/Nenad Krstic

Head coach: Dusan Ivkovic

Supposedly they want to sign Aleksandar Vezenkof to be the backup power forward, but they are apparently fighting with Panathinaikos for him. I'm not sure why in the hell he would choose them, since he's lived in Greece since he was a kid. Not that it matters, since he's not going to be a big signing anyway.

Saric is a 20 year old kid that never played in a serious league or team. He's just a role player at this time, same as Vezenkof would be if they signed him.

Krstic has choked 3 years in a row 3 years in a row he was a bust and a flop with CSKA (on teams with rosters way better than that)....

Perperoglou is a really good player and one of the best small forwards in Europe, but he's also really injury prone. He's always got some kind of injury and that affects his performance all the time, so I think that's why both Panathinaikos and Olympiacos have cut ties with him.

And I mean are they going to roll with Planinic? He's a damn good ball handler, he can pass, run pick and roll, yeah - he's also an enormous ball hog, a bad decision maker, a terrible shooter, and bad on defense.

Batuk, Kilicli, Osman are nice young players, but that's all they are really. Young role players.

Ivkovic is a great coach of course, but at 68 years old how the hell much energy can he really muster for a roster like that? And Lasme is very good and everything, but he's still Lasme. It's been proven the last couple years with Panathinaikos that you don't win with guys that can't do anything but dunk or hit a wide open 10 foot jumper.

How in the hell is this a "super team"? It sounds like NBA only fan talk just because there's like 6-7 NBA players there and people know the names Saric and Krstic, and it's a Euroleague team, so it must be a "super team".

Even with Ivkovic, who can work wonders, even miracles, as a coach, that's far from being a super team by Euroleague standards.

I mean yeah, better than the 76ers, but that's no super team for Euroleague.

Im so nba'd out
06-29-2014, 03:31 PM
LOL we drafted a center and power forward with 2 lottery picks in back to back years.So Hinkie decides to draft another power foward but one that may never come over with another lottery pick....Counting down the days until this conman gets fired.

chocolatethunder
06-29-2014, 05:34 PM
In his press conference Hinkie said that he will be playing the four and the three.

MC Gusto
06-29-2014, 05:37 PM
So basically, he's saying that he's old enough to remember the end of the Iverson era.

Euroleague
06-29-2014, 07:15 PM
In his press conference Hinkie said that he will be playing the four and the three.

It does not matter what Hinkie says. Saric CAN play the 3. But it's just pure stupidity to use him that way. If the GM plans it that way, then he's incompetent.

I wouldn't even draft the guy to play him as a 3. You have to use players to what position they excel at.

Saric is NOT a 3. He is simply someone who CAN play the 3. That's it. If the 76ers are planning on him being a combo forward then they are morons. It's just failing to use him in the proper way.

He's not able to guard small forwards effectively, and all of his good offensive advantages that he has against power forwards are basically neutralized against small forwards. He CAN play as a small forward, but why the hell would you want to play him as one? It makes no sense.

Im so nba'd out
06-29-2014, 07:18 PM
It does not matter what Hinkie says. Saric CAN play the 3. But it's just pure stupidity to use him that way. If the GM plans it that way, then he's incompetent.

I wouldn't even draft the guy to play him as a 3. You have to use players to what position they excel at.

Saric is NOT a 3. He is simply someone who CAN play the 3. That's it. If the 76ers are planning on him being a combo forward then they are morons. It's just failing to use him in the proper way.

He's not able to guard small forwards and he has basically no offensive advantage against small forwards. He CAN play there, but why the hell would you want to play him there?
He's a sheep bro don't bother whatever Hinkie says he will just listen and follow blindly :facepalm

chocolatethunder
06-29-2014, 07:25 PM
He's a sheep bro don't bother whatever Hinkie says he will just listen and follow blindly :facepalm
Yeah total sheep. When he inherited this team it had been stripped of its assets and had no future. He has gotten back picks that they've lost and gotten more picks for the future. He's building a team that will last for a solid decade. He's stockpiling assets so that when the team is good they will still be able to acquire talent in the draft for the future. I'm sorry that you can't see this. Somehow you missed the part where I said that Embiid was a high risk high reward player but if you want to be good you have to take risks. Did you miss that part? What is your solution? Please tell me how much better and more informed your plan is. Also, since you had access to Embiid's medical records in order to form an opinion contrary to Hinkie's, please tell us on what you based your opinion. And thanks.

chocolatethunder
06-29-2014, 07:29 PM

He's not able to guard small forwards effectively, and all of his good offensive advantages that he has against power forwards are basically neutralized against small forwards. He CAN play as a small forward, but why the hell would you want to play him as one? It makes no sense.
He didn't draft him to play the three. He said that he'll be playing the four and some three. Kind of like when you use a guy like Aaron McKie as your back up two but in some instances he would play the one. Basketball is about match ups and adjustments. So maybe on a night when they want to go big (if saric ever even plays here) they will use him at the 3. Or if a team presents a situation during the game where Brown thinks that Saric would be a mismatch at the 3 then they will play him there. That's not stupidity, that's the opposite of it. He's a tall guy with a lot of skill and you can use those skills in a variety of ways.

Koresh
06-29-2014, 07:30 PM
I know. I was thinking exactly the same things. That Efes is no powerhouse of anything. They are just a rich club that wastes a ton of money.

Although then I see that ESPN claimed, "Turkish powerhouse Efes signed Dario Saric". So I guess we have to blame those same clown fools at ESPN again.

:facepalm

Also about Krstic, he has been pretty much crap for 3 straight years in all of the serious games, crap in 2 straight years down the stretch, and last year he was pretty much crap all but for like 1 month of the whole season.

He was better in the NBA.

And I really don't get how Efes is building a super team either. Who do they have right now?

Like,

PG Zoran Planinic/Vasilje Micic/Dogus Balbay
SG Ricky Hickman/Birkan Batuk
SF Stratos Perperoglou/Cedi Osman
PF Dario Saric/________/Deniz Kilicli
C Stephane Lasme/Nenad Krstic

Head coach: Dusan Ivkovic

Supposedly they want to sign Aleksandar Vezenkof to be the backup power forward, but they are apparently fighting with Panathinaikos for him. I'm not sure why in the hell he would choose them, since he's lived in Greece since he was a kid. Not that it matters, since he's not going to be a big signing anyway.

Saric is a 20 year old kid that never played in a serious league or team. He's just a role player at this time, same as Vezenkof would be if they signed him.

Krstic has choked 3 years in a row 3 years in a row he was a bust and a flop with CSKA (on teams with rosters way better than that)....

Perperoglou is a really good player and one of the best small forwards in Europe, but he's also really injury prone. He's always got some kind of injury and that affects his performance all the time, so I think that's why both Panathinaikos and Olympiacos have cut ties with him.

And I mean are they going to roll with Planinic? He's a damn good ball handler, he can pass, run pick and roll, yeah - he's also an enormous ball hog, a bad decision maker, a terrible shooter, and bad on defense.

Batuk, Kilicli, Osman are nice young players, but that's all they are really. Young role players.

Ivkovic is a great coach of course, but at 68 years old how the hell much energy can he really muster for a roster like that? And Lasme is very good and everything, but he's still Lasme. It's been proven the last couple years with Panathinaikos that you don't win with guys that can't do anything but dunk or hit a wide open 10 foot jumper.

Hickman is not even signed, but is rumored to be signed. He's great, if they do sign him. But at the same time, he was great in Maccabi, in Blatt's small ball ISO / dump into Sofo offense. I'm not sure how he would work in that team.

How in the hell is this a "super team"? It sounds like NBA only fan talk just because there's like 6-7 NBA players there and people know the names Saric and Krstic, and it's a Euroleague team, so it must be a "super team".

Even with Ivkovic, who can work wonders, even miracles, as a coach, that's far from being a super team by Euroleague standards.

I mean yeah, better than the 76ers, but that's no super team for Euroleague.

Per bolded, this is the only thing you have said that wasn't a lie. Good job, f*ckface. All of this ESPN said or the NBA said X player is this and that is of your imagination not of these entities. Dario Saric is a good prospect for 76ers, but no one was saying any of that crap you were saying about him.:banghead:

fandarko
06-30-2014, 03:30 AM
Couple of differences here. Saric, unlike Vasquez has already said that his ultimate goal is to play in the NBA. He even said that maybe he would come over after next year ( which isn't possible so he won't be doing that). Also, if you know anything about Saric, you know that his dad is totally nuts and you can ignore whatever his dad says. Saric will at some point play in the NBA. Who knows if he will ever play for the Sixers but he will play here at some point. He's tall and saying that he can't guard this or that is just not true. Good coaches hide player's deficiencies on defense all the time. He's not going to be a lockdown defender at either position but mismatches work both ways. He's a tall guy who can pass and who is smart. He's not the best shooter but he's far from the worse. All players need an ideal setting to be effective. That's what good coaching is all about. Brett Brown is an understudy of Pop, and he's trying to build his own version of San Antonio right here. They have no shooting at all yet but they have a ton of length and athleticism and I suspect that if Saric ever comes to Philly that they'll have even more and can cover up his shortcomings no problem. He's a smart guy and so is Brett Brown.

I don't disagree with you here, I was just trying to say Saric might end up in a great situation for a couple of years (team, coach, style of play, money) and simply opt out of the Sixers project to be free to choose any NBA team that he wants.

Again, I am sure he ultimately wants to play in the NBA, but after 2 years, when he's much better hopefully (he will be 21 or 22) and more mature, who knows what his priorities will be. He wont' be coming to play for less money or to ride the pine, that's for sure.

His dad may be nuts (old generation, former player, probably idolizes his current coach), but chances are the kid still listens to him a bit.

As for Efes, well, I might have overstated their weight by calling them a powerhouse, but they are most definitely a very good Euroleague team in the last two decades and if all falls into place (though "super team" is an overstatement, I apologize) they could have a shot at the Final Four. Why not? Ivkovic has won the Euroleague with a comparable Olympiakos team.

Krstic has not chocked in the last three years, his team chocked. At 31 he is in his prime (was by far Serbia's best player on the European Championship in Slovenia a year ago) and remain one of the most coveted big men in Europe. He played limited minutes in CSKA because that's how they wanted to play him. Give him meaningful minutes and he's in the MVP race instantly, since in the Euroleague top players only play 22-28 minutes a game in average. Not saying he will have that role in Efes though.

As for Saric, he might not have played in the Euroleague yet (as Euroleague said), but he did play some serious basketball last season, leading his team to the Adriatic League title and earning MVP honors. He has been on the up with his development for the last year and I expect this to continue in the next couple of years. For all his presumed weaknesses (tweener, lack of wingspan, shaky outside shot), he is a great playmaker at 6-10 who can handle the ball, shoot from 20 feet, pass to big men or open shooters, think of a cross between Boris Diaw (less athletic, but taller) and Hedo (shoots less but plays inside more, better passer). How that translates in the NBA we'll see.

His agent is Misko Raznatovic, one of the best in Europe, and if anything that guy is not going to let the kid play in a situation that is not ideal for him financially and basketball wise.

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 10:45 AM
He didn't draft him to play the three. He said that he'll be playing the four and some three. Kind of like when you use a guy like Aaron McKie as your back up two but in some instances he would play the one. Basketball is about match ups and adjustments. So maybe on a night when they want to go big (if saric ever even plays here) they will use him at the 3. Or if a team presents a situation during the game where Brown thinks that Saric would be a mismatch at the 3 then they will play him there. That's not stupidity, that's the opposite of it. He's a tall guy with a lot of skill and you can use those skills in a variety of ways.

OK. I thought you meant he was drafted to be a combo forward.

chocolatethunder
06-30-2014, 10:53 AM
I don't disagree with you here, I was just trying to say Saric might end up in a great situation for a couple of years (team, coach, style of play, money) and simply opt out of the Sixers project to be free to choose any NBA team that he wants.

Again, I am sure he ultimately wants to play in the NBA, but after 2 years, when he's much better hopefully (he will be 21 or 22) and more mature, who knows what his priorities will be. He wont' be coming to play for less money or to ride the pine, that's for sure.

His dad may be nuts (old generation, former player, probably idolizes his current coach), but chances are the kid still listens to him a bit.

As for Efes, well, I might have overstated their weight by calling them a powerhouse, but they are most definitely a very good Euroleague team in the last two decades and if all falls into place (though "super team" is an overstatement, I apologize) they could have a shot at the Final Four. Why not? Ivkovic has won the Euroleague with a comparable Olympiakos team.

Krstic has not chocked in the last three years, his team chocked. At 31 he is in his prime (was by far Serbia's best player on the European Championship in Slovenia a year ago) and remain one of the most coveted big men in Europe. He played limited minutes in CSKA because that's how they wanted to play him. Give him meaningful minutes and he's in the MVP race instantly, since in the Euroleague top players only play 22-28 minutes a game in average. Not saying he will have that role in Efes though.

As for Saric, he might not have played in the Euroleague yet (as Euroleague said), but he did play some serious basketball last season, leading his team to the Adriatic League title and earning MVP honors. He has been on the up with his development for the last year and I expect this to continue in the next couple of years. For all his presumed weaknesses (tweener, lack of wingspan, shaky outside shot), he is a great playmaker at 6-10 who can handle the ball, shoot from 20 feet, pass to big men or open shooters, think of a cross between Boris Diaw (less athletic, but taller) and Hedo (shoots less but plays inside more, better passer). How that translates in the NBA we'll see.

His agent is Misko Raznatovic, one of the best in Europe, and if anything that guy is not going to let the kid play in a situation that is not ideal for him financially and basketball wise.
The Adriatic league doesn't suck. Maccabi used to play in it. It's hardly a shit league.

Dr.J4ever
06-30-2014, 10:54 AM
Per bolded, this is the only thing you have said that wasn't a lie. Good job, f*ckface. All of this ESPN said or the NBA said X player is this and that is of your imagination not of these entities. Dario Saric is a good prospect for 76ers, but no one was saying any of that crap you were saying about him.:banghead:

Thank you! EL's been in a bad mood lately 'cause his annual "Spanoulis is coming to the NBA" thread has been exposed once again.

Dario Saric was the best player for Philly at no. 10, and Hinkie himself saw Saric play personally in Adriatic league games. He said this in his press con, and you would imagine he would be accompanied by scouts. NBA scouts know how best to use him rather than some random Euro poster from Arkansas.

Philly is on the right track.:rockon:

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 10:59 AM

Krstic did choke the last 3 years though. Sorry, but he did. Anyway, he can be very effective IF he has a point guard and coach that can properly use him. It's the same as when he was in the NBA.

Now yes, when he is in the national team he usually does well because he has both a coach AND a point guard using him the right way. In the NBA, or in Euroleague, he only did well when he had BOTH a coach AND a point guard using him the right way. Then he did really well. Otherwise not so well.

You can't get around the simple fact that this is modern day basketball. That's just how it is. Centers like Krstic, Bourousis, Tomic can totally dominate ONLY if they have BOTH a coach and a point guard that can utilize them. For low post, face up, and pick and roll. Without all of that, they can just stand there and set screens and picks all game and run to the rebounds.

That's the reality of modern basketball. So he has the coach in Ivkovic, but does he have the point guard? Is Planinic really the right point guard for that? He certainly has all the skills and ability as a point guard to be so, but he's the biggest damn ball hog of any point guard in Europe and he's also a chucker with poor shot selection and a bad decision maker. He has a low basketball IQ all around. I don't see it working out so well for Krstic with Planinic, when it was barely even working with Teodosic.

Also, just one slight technicality, Saric has actually played in the Euroleague already. He already played in Euroleague with Zagreb. What I meant was he never played in a big club like Efes before that had a big budget and big goals, big ambitions....things like that.

He ALREADY played in Euroleague before with Zagreb.

So he's already played in Euroleague, it's just that it's different playing in Euroleague with Zagreb, versus playing in Euroleague with Efes.

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Thank you! EL's been in a bad mood lately 'cause his annual "Spanoulis is coming to the NBA" thread has been exposed once again.

Dario Saric was the best player for Philly at no. 10, and Hinkie himself saw Saric play personally in Adriatic league games. He said this in his press con, and you would imagine he would be accompanied by scouts. NBA scouts know how best to use him rather than some random Euro poster from Arkansas.

Philly is on the right track.:rockon:

Every single thing I said is true. He is trolling, just like you.

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 11:02 AM
The Adriatic league doesn't suck. Maccabi used to play in it. It's hardly a shit league.

Yes it does. It's definitely one of the worst leagues in Europe these days.

Is it better than leagues like French League? Hell yeah it is. But that's not saying much.

Yes, it pretty much is a shit league in the current time.

Dr.J4ever
06-30-2014, 11:05 AM

Thanks for the great info.:applause:

Hinkie also mentioned that Saric has an American agent, and he is the same agent as our PG, Michael Carter Williams, by the way.

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the great info.:applause:

Hinkie also mentioned that Saric has an American agent, and he is the same agent as our PG, Michael cater Williams, by the way.

That's not how it works. He has a Serbian agent. He then has a US sports agency that handles matters that need to be done in the USA. Not "an American agent".

How many times do people have to explain it to you that his actual agent is Misko Raznatovic?

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 11:14 AM
And to CONFIRM that Saric has indeed ALREADY played in Euroleague with Zagreb, before Dr.J.4ever again accuses me of lying and trolling and Koresh accuses me of lying and making things up....

Here is the PROOF:

Dario Saric's Euroleague Profile:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=003112&seasoncode=E2011

Dr.J4ever
06-30-2014, 11:16 AM
That's not how it works. He has a Serbian agent. He then has a US sports agency that handles matters that need to be done in the USA. Not "an American agent".

How many times do people have to explain it to you that his actual agent is Misko Raznatovic?

"American agent" or "US Sports Agency" WTF does it matter? Bottom line, Hinkie said Saric and MCW have the same agent.

And for the record, today is the first day of my life that someone told me of his Sebian agent.

Dr.J4ever
06-30-2014, 11:19 AM
And to CONFIRM that Saric has indeed ALREADY played in Euroleague with Zagreb, before Dr.J.4ever again accuses me of lying and trolling and Koresh accuses me of lying and making things up....

Here is the PROOF:

Dario Saric's Euroleague Profile:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=003112&seasoncode=E2011

Aleluia! There is a God. We are making progress with EL!

Evidence for his posts at long last:applause: :lol

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 11:21 AM
"American agent" or "US Sports Agency" WTF does it matter? Bottom line, Hinkie said Saric and MCW have the same agent.

And for the record, today is the first day of my life that someone told me of his Sebian agent.

They don't have the same agent genius. Not unless Williams' agent is Raznatovic. This really should not be a hard concept to comprehend. But evidently, your sub 65 IQ is just incapable of it.

http://www.beobasket.net/page/playerMarket/en.html?view=listPlayer&position=1&sectionId=&view=listPlayer&usa=true&playmaker=true&shooting_guard=true&imageField=Find+player

Dr.J4ever
06-30-2014, 11:23 AM
They don't have the same agent genius. Not unless Williams' agent is Raznatovic. This really should not be a hard concept to comprehend.
Okay, let me see if I can find the video of Hinkie saying that.

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 11:27 AM
Okay, let me see if I can find the video of Hinkie saying that.

I just gave you the link showing they don't have the same agent. WTF is wrong with you? Don't you have the ability to grasp that Hinkie can simply say whatever the hell he wants to?

It does not mean it's actually true.

You want to know an NBA player his agent represents that is well-known that you would have heard of? Nikola Pekovic. There you go. Are you happy now?

Good god...

Dr.J4ever
06-30-2014, 11:41 AM
I just gave you the link showing they don't have the same agent. WTF is wrong with you? Don't you have the ability to grasp that Hinkie can simply say whatever the hell he wants to?

It does not mean it's actually true.

You want to know an NBA player his agent represents that is well-known that you would have heard of? Nikola Pekovic. There you go. Are you happy now?

Good god...

So now Hinkie is a liar too..Good God!

Anyway, I can't find the video. As soon as it comes up in an article in the next few days, I will post it.

chocolatethunder
06-30-2014, 11:43 AM
They don't have the same agent genius. Not unless Williams' agent is Raznatovic. This really should not be a hard concept to comprehend. But evidently, your sub 65 IQ is just incapable of it.

http://www.beobasket.net/page/playerMarket/en.html?view=listPlayer&position=1&sectionId=&view=listPlayer&usa=true&playmaker=true&shooting_guard=true&imageField=Find+player
No, they have the same American agent. Lots of Euros have an agent in Europe and one in the states when the come over. That is normal and the Euro agent works with the NBA agent. And yes they do in fact have the same agent.

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 12:00 PM
No, they have the same American agent. Lots of Euros have an agent in Europe and one in the states when the come over. That is normal and the Euro agent works with the NBA agent. And yes they do in fact have the same agent.

I know, but it's not the SAME "agent". The guy in the US is not their "agent". He's just an agency that works for them if they need something done in the US.

He's not "their agent".

It's an agency that works in conjunction with their agent. It's not their agent. That's two entirely completely separate and different things.

And if the 76ers general manager does not know that, then he is completely incompetent and the 76ers fans should be scarily worried.

Again, the ONLY "agent" Saric has, ACTUAL AGENT, is Raznatovic. Raznatovic does not have Williams as one of his direct clients.

So, regardless of what Hinkie CLAIMS, they do NOT have the same agent.

chocolatethunder
06-30-2014, 01:40 PM
I know, but it's not the SAME "agent". The guy in the US is not their "agent". He's just an agency that works for them if they need something done in the US.

He's not "their agent".

It's an agency that works in conjunction with their agent. It's not their agent. That's two entirely completely separate and different things.

And if the 76ers general manager does not know that, then he is completely incompetent and the 76ers fans should be scarily worried.

Again, the ONLY "agent" Saric has, ACTUAL AGENT, is Raznatovic. Raznatovic does not have Williams as one of his direct clients.

So, regardless of what Hinkie CLAIMS, they do NOT have the same agent.

No, it actually is their agent here. In some cases they have the same agent rep them in either place. For instance take a smaller agent like Andre Buck. He is the player's agent in both Europe and the US because he has way more guys playing in Europe and only one or two playing here so he's familiar with both places. Higher tiered guys like Saric who have already player in Europe keep their European agent and then hire an agent here. They have two agents for two different things. Most American agents are attorneys, and even if a European agent happens to be an attorney, they aren't one here and they aren't going to be negotiating contracts with teams and shoe companies over here. They have two agents who act in the same capacity but in different locations. So yes, they absolutely have the same agent in the US. Saric's agent doesn't have much to do with what happens over here. I know this because I know people who have played in Europe and then come to the NBA. I also know agents so that's how I know this.

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 03:24 PM
No, it actually is their agent here. In some cases they have the same agent rep them in either place. For instance take a smaller agent like Andre Buck. He is the player's agent in both Europe and the US because he has way more guys playing in Europe and only one or two playing here so he's familiar with both places. Higher tiered guys like Saric who have already player in Europe keep their European agent and then hire an agent here. They have two agents for two different things. Most American agents are attorneys, and even if a European agent happens to be an attorney, they aren't one here and they aren't going to be negotiating contracts with teams and shoe companies over here. They have two agents who act in the same capacity but in different locations. So yes, they absolutely have the same agent in the US. Saric's agent doesn't have much to do with what happens over here. I know this because I know people who have played in Europe and then come to the NBA. I also know agents so that's how I know this.

Raznatovic is the only direct agent.

chocolatethunder
06-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Raznatovic is the only direct agent.
Yes he is, in Europe, not the US. There's really nothing to argue here. Here's the deal, I don't have a problem with you. You're knowledgeable about European basketball and I like that but you talk like an asshole and that's why everyone hates you. I don't hate you but don't be unreasonable with me because I'm not unreasonable with you. The next time you enter into a conversation with someone ask yourself "do I want to learn something or do I just want to be right"? You, too often just want to be right. I've learned things from you and you can learn things from lots of people here. You don't know everything and neither do I. I learned something from you in that I had no idea who Saric's European agent was. You're learning from me how players have two agents. You're learning this because I know agents and professional players personally, so I know how this works. No biggie.

Dr.J4ever
07-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Yes he is, in Europe, not the US. There's really nothing to argue here. Here's the deal, I don't have a problem with you. You're knowledgeable about European basketball and I like that but you talk like an asshole and that's why everyone hates you. I don't hate you but don't be unreasonable with me because I'm not unreasonable with you. The next time you enter into a conversation with someone ask yourself "do I want to learn something or do I just want to be right"? You, too often just want to be right. I've learned things from you and you can learn things from lots of people here. You don't know everything and neither do I. I learned something from you in that I had no idea who Saric's European agent was. You're learning from me how players have two agents. You're learning this because I know agents and professional players personally, so I know how this works. No biggie.

Well, I hope EL listens to you. When I first encountered this character a few years ago, I was curious more than anything with his semi-outlandish view of NBA hoops. Just like you, I gave him a chance, but to no avail. Just too obnoxious.

EL seems reasonable enough sometimes, but something seems to be clouding and coloring everything he sees in basketball. Very much akin to anti-American or pro-Greek or pro-Spanoulis agenda.Everything he says these days basically flows from these.

This is why I'm hoping Spanoulis finally makes his way to the NBA just so EL can be at peace:lol

Euroleague
07-01-2014, 01:02 PM

I have always known that players have two agents if they are American or plan on playing in the NBA. I am simply stating the fact that Williams is not represented by Raznatovic, and therefore they do not have the same agent.

It's simply an agency in USA that handles things for Raznatovic when needed, not Saric's agent. There is no discussion here. That's how it works. I'm not being an asshole at all.

I am stating facts. Nothing else. That's "not being an asshole".

Euroleague
07-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Well, I hope EL listens to you. When I first encountered this character a few years ago, I was curious more than anything with his semi-outlandish view of NBA hoops. Just like you, I gave him a chance, but to no avail. Just too obnoxious.

EL seems reasonable enough sometimes, but something seems to be clouding and coloring everything he sees in basketball. Very much akin to anti-American or pro-Greek or pro-Spanoulis agenda.Everything he says these days basically flows from these.

This is why I'm hoping Spanoulis finally makes his way to the NBA just so EL can be at peace:lol

You are a total scumbag.

duskovujosevic
07-01-2014, 03:35 PM

Yes, his agent is Misko Raznatovic. The guy who holds whole Serbian team including head coach in his pocket, just like he did with former coach.

dunksby
07-01-2014, 03:39 PM
You are a total scumbag.
Classic Euroleague comeback! :oldlol:

chocolatethunder
07-01-2014, 03:41 PM
I have always known that players have two agents if they are American or plan on playing in the NBA. I am simply stating the fact that Williams is not represented by Raznatovic, and therefore they do not have the same agent.

It's simply an agency in USA that handles things for Raznatovic when needed, not Saric's agent. There is no discussion here. That's how it works. I'm not being an asshole at all.

I am stating facts. Nothing else. That's "not being an asshole".
Then you know that they have the same agent in the US and one has a differnt agent in Europe. I'm stating facts. They have the same agent in the US, they do not have the same agent in Europe. And no, the agency here doesn't handle things for Saric's agent. They are his agency here. Just chill. This is what I'm saying, you talk like an asshole and everyone hates you. I don't, but you're abrasive for no reason at all.

fandarko
07-02-2014, 01:54 AM
Yes, his agent is Misko Raznatovic. The guy who holds whole Serbian team including head coach in his pocket, just like he did with former coach.

Yep. This is the guy to Saric's left (right on the screen) hugging him the moment he gets drafted. Pekovic's agent. And yes, he does represent half of the Serbian national team, including the coach (Saric's coach in his new Turkish team).

The guy owns a developmental team in Serbia, that's actually good enough that it competes in the Adriatic League (I'd say the only leagues in Europe that are clearly better are the Spanish League and the Russian league. The Greek league and the Turkish leagues are a tad above, largely due to the superior quality of the top two or three teams). It's a team where he stashes his assets and then moves them around the chessboard, they all have open contracts so that he can move them at any moment (something like that).

Misko Raznatovic also represents Micic and Dangubic, who were drafted by the Sixers in the 2nd round (Am I correct here, I don't have the draft list in front of me), these two played in the above mentioned developmental team last season. This guy represents, in his own words, about 13% of the players in Euroleague, which is downright scary.

He is also Nikola Jokic's agent, the sweet-shooting 6-11 stretch four drafted by the Nuggets (also playing in his developmental team).

He is probably not representing Bogdan Bogdanovic, who went to the Suns at 27, but I'm not sure. That would be a rare exception.

It's possible there is an agency in between all these guys and NBA teams on top of their agent, but HE IS their main agent, period.

duskovujosevic
07-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Pretty scary. Raznatovic has a lot of connections in Russia, he often pulls some strings there and makes huge deals for his players. He owns Mega Vizura. Club without real ambitions except increasing market value for his players. Major players like Micic, Dangubic and Jokic had a lot freedom in game. Stat padding plays, without real competitiveness.

Bogdanovic's agent is Aleksandar Raskovic affiliated with Wasermann Media Group.

Euroleague
07-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Yep. This is the guy to Saric's left (right on the screen) hugging him the moment he gets drafted. Pekovic's agent. And yes, he does represent half of the Serbian national team, including the coach (Saric's coach in his new Turkish team).

The guy owns a developmental team in Serbia, that's actually good enough that it competes in the Adriatic League (I'd say the only leagues in Europe that are clearly better are the Spanish League and the Russian league. The Greek league and the Turkish leagues are a tad above, largely due to the superior quality of the top two or three teams). It's a team where he stashes his assets and then moves them around the chessboard, they all have open contracts so that he can move them at any moment (something like that).

Misko Raznatovic also represents Micic and Dangubic, who were drafted by the Sixers in the 2nd round (Am I correct here, I don't have the draft list in front of me), these two played in the above mentioned developmental team last season. This guy represents, in his own words, about 13% of the players in Euroleague, which is downright scary.

He is also Nikola Jokic's agent, the sweet-shooting 6-11 stretch four drafted by the Nuggets (also playing in his developmental team).

He is probably not representing Bogdan Bogdanovic, who went to the Suns at 27, but I'm not sure. That would be a rare exception.

It's possible there is an agency in between all these guys and NBA teams on top of their agent, but HE IS their main agent, period.

I have heard it speculated by some that he might even be more powerful than Bertomeu, the freaking head of the Euroleague, due to how much control he has over clubs, because he basically controls the player and coach market.

I would not say that's true, but I would say he's definitely 2nd most powerful guy in European club basketball after Bertomeu.

And he's also rapidly gaining more and more NBA players. The contract he got for Pekovic in NBA shocked so many people. Never before was anything like that ever even seen as possible with a European agent.

Never before would NBA teams even negotiate amounts like that without it being an American agent. He's the ultimate boss of all agents, that is for damn sure.

I mean hell, this guy even has a big club like Olympiacos by the freaking balls. Remember when Olympiacos gave that huge contract to Keselj just because Ivkovic wanted to do a favor to Raznatovic or something like that? And they could not rid of him either. It took forever, then they had to pay him all his money, even though he was not even in the team, they were still paying his salary for like 2 years.

Euroleague
07-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Pretty scary. Raznatovic has a lot of connections in Russia, he often pulls some strings there and makes huge deals for his players. He owns Mega Vizura. Club without real ambitions except increasing market value for his players. Major players like Micic, Dangubic and Jokic had a lot freedom in game. Stat padding plays, without real competitiveness.

Bogdanovic's agent is Aleksandar Raskovic affiliated with Wasermann Media Group.

But look at how all the NBA teams fell for it though. Every NBA team completely went for it totally.

Doesn't Ivkovic also have a share of this club, or is it a different club?

fandarko
07-03-2014, 04:31 PM
But look at how all the NBA teams fell for it though. Every NBA team completely went for it totally.

Doesn't Ivkovic also have a share of this club, or is it a different club?

I believe Ivkovic has some kind of stake in Radnicki Belgrade, now a 3rd division club in Serbia, where he made his beginnings.

Euroleague
07-04-2014, 06:16 PM
I believe Ivkovic has some kind of stake in Radnicki Belgrade, now a 3rd division club in Serbia, where he made his beginnings.

Yeah, that's the one.