PDA

View Full Version : Z-Bo extension for 2 years 20 million

DMAVS41
06-27-2014, 12:26 PM
Seems like a great deal for Z-Bo and the Grizzlies.

Reports are that he'll opt in for his 16.5 million this year and then be on the books for 2 more years at 10 million each.

Seems fair.

**** the West. This is going to be an insane regular season.

Droid101
06-27-2014, 12:27 PM
That's pretty cheap for a legitimate 20/10 guy.

STATUTORY
06-27-2014, 12:28 PM
that's very fair price for a guy like zbo. dude's gonna be around forever with his playstyle

navy
06-27-2014, 12:29 PM
....While I doubt the inaccuracy of this.

I think we need a trend of putting sources in news type articles.
Found one:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--zach-randolph-reaches-two-year---20-million-extension-with-grizzlies-162523271.html

DMAVS41
06-27-2014, 12:32 PM
....While I doubt the inaccuracy of this.

I think we need a trend of putting sources in news type articles.
Found one:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--zach-randolph-reaches-two-year---20-million-extension-with-grizzlies-162523271.html

I'm on phone and hard to link.

Thanks.

DMAVS41
06-27-2014, 12:40 PM
So lets go down the list of teams in the West;

Spurs - Will be as good or perhaps slightly worse. Or maybe even better with Leonard taking off

Clippers - As good or better

Thunder - Just losing Thabo, Fisher, Butler will make them better

Grizzlies - Better, they battled injuries last year and I like their draft pick

Warriors - As good or better. If they get Love...definitely better

Rockets - As good or better. Even if they miss out on big names...moving Asik and I'm assuming Lin opens up cap room to get players they actually need

Suns - For sure better

Mavs - As good or better

Blazers - As good or better

Pelicans - Way better

Nuggets - Way better

Lakers - Way better with a chance to a playoff contender depending on free agency and Nash health

Kings/Wolves - too early to tell, but my guess is that the Kings improve noticeably

So that leaves what? Only the Jazz as a team that will probably for sure suck next year?

This is out of control. They have to fix the playoffs next year.

STATUTORY
06-27-2014, 12:42 PM
i don't understand why there's such an imbalance between the conferences. there seem to be nothing institutional that would sustain such a persistent trend

Johnny Jones
06-27-2014, 12:52 PM
I like the top 6 teams from each conference and the last 4 teams are record based idea. That'd be fair imo.

mattvNJ
06-27-2014, 12:56 PM
love it. Randolph is worth his pay. Incredible value. 20/10 guy on any night. PLays hard, clogs the pants, legit bruiser with touch

DMAVS41
06-27-2014, 12:57 PM
I like the top 6 teams from each conference and the last 4 teams are record based idea. That'd be fair imo.

Yea...something like that would be far more fair.

ProfessorMurder
06-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Seems like a great deal for Z-Bo and the Grizzlies.

Reports are that he'll opt in for his 16.5 million this year and then be on the books for 2 more years at 10 million each.

Seems fair.

**** the West. This is going to be an insane regular season.

Wait, so he's opting in to his last year and then 2 more at 10 million?

So what's their cap like for this year now?

DMAVS41
06-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Wait, so he's opting in to his last year and then 2 more at 10 million?

So what's their cap like for this year now?

I think they have a full mid-level left and that's it.

Droid101
06-27-2014, 01:04 PM
i don't understand why there's such an imbalance between the conferences. there seem to be nothing institutional that would sustain such a persistent trend
Ummmmmm yes there is. The freaking lottery system does just that.

The Suns just got some good lottery picks. This is a team that would be a 3 seed in the East. And they got a chance to win the lottery.

On the other hand, an under .500 shit team Charlotte did not get a lottery pick because they made the playoffs.

Every single year, a couple of good teams in the west get a lottery pick (and a chance at the top 3) and a couple of bad teams (7 and 8 seed) in the East get a pick around 20.

Every year the imbalance will get worse until we overhaul the lottery system (I like the Wheel everyone's talking about) or remove conference seeding for the playoffs.

DMAVS41
06-27-2014, 01:06 PM

The Suns just got some good lottery picks. This is a team that would be a 3 seed in the East. And they got a chance to win the lottery.

On the other hand, an under .500 shit team Charlotte did not get a lottery pick because they made the playoffs.

Every single year, a couple of good teams in the west get a lottery pick (and a chance at the top 3) and a couple of bad teams (7 and 8 seed) in the East get a pick around 20.

Every year the imbalance will get worse until we overhaul the lottery system (I like the Wheel everyone's talking about) or remove conference seeding for the playoffs.

I think you just get rid of both. No lottery and a full blown best 16 teams make the playoffs.

The draft should just be completely randomized in my opinion. Make teams actually go out and try to build good teams...right now it's just by far the smartest thing to do is tank like the Sixers. Hurts the league product, but the rules make it the smart play.

Lebron23
06-27-2014, 01:09 PM
They need to contract some teams in the eastern conference. and move some west teams in the east. The last time the east was the strongest conference was in the late 1990's.

T_L_P
06-27-2014, 01:13 PM
They need to contract some teams in the eastern conference. and move some west teams in the east. The last time the east was the strongest conference was in the late 1990's.

Before then even, tbh.

pastis
06-27-2014, 01:20 PM
well, i dont understand why dmavs41 is so optimistic with the mavs. for the mavs it will be a super hard fight for the 8th spot next year...if dirk or ellis are getting injured more than 5 games = :no: for the playoffs

i hope dirk will sign a new contract for 2 years 10 million each year. but im pretty sure that dirk will say: if we are able to get some good players, i will take the huge paycut, but f nobody comes to dallas, i will take the 15 mio.

Lebronxrings
06-27-2014, 01:25 PM
oh look another western conference cawk sucking thread. People really try their best to discredit the east.

pastis
06-27-2014, 01:27 PM
oh look another western conference cawk sucking thread. People really try their best to discredit the east.

i bet that nearly every ncaa div i team can beat every east team except miami, indiana and wizards,
east is a clownconference, weaker than euroleague

Meticode
06-27-2014, 01:29 PM
That's pretty cheap for a legitimate 20/10 guy.
Well...not since like 10-11 his first year in Memphis, but yea, still worth it IMO.

DMAVS41
06-27-2014, 01:31 PM
well, i dont understand why dmavs41 is so optimistic with the mavs. for the mavs it will be a super hard fight for the 8th spot next year...if dirk or ellis are getting injured more than 5 games = :no: for the playoffs

i hope dirk will sign a new contract for 2 years 10 million each year. but im pretty sure that dirk will say: if we are able to get some good players, i will take the huge paycut, but f nobody comes to dallas, i will take the 15 mio.

that is my point.

i think the Mavs could actually be a threat in the playoffs...but might not even make the playoffs.

that is how absurd this is.

DMAVS41
06-27-2014, 01:32 PM

There is "try"...the conference has become a complete joke and it's ruining the league.

Your best team just got raped by a Spurs team that both the Thunder and Mavs (the 8th seed) gave real problems to.

pastis
06-27-2014, 01:34 PM
There is "try"...the conference has become a complete joke and it's ruining the league.

Your best team just got raped by a Spurs team that both the Thunder and Mavs (the 8th seed) gave real problems to.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :applause:

Lebron23
06-27-2014, 01:34 PM
Heat actually have a good record against the western conference teams. And if Wiggins, Smart, and Parker pans out. The east might be the conferences of the future.

pastis
06-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Heat actually have a good record against the western conference teams. And if Wiggins, Smart, and Parker pans out. The east might be the conferences of the future.

no wonder, since years they are getting the top picks:lol

ProfessorMurder
06-27-2014, 01:41 PM
I think they have a full mid-level left and that's it.

Damn, I was hoping he'd opt out for about 10 mill this year and then they could get Deng or something.

zac
06-27-2014, 04:39 PM
Well...not since like 10-11 his first year in Memphis, but yea, still worth it IMO.
That wasn't his first year in Memphis.

Meticode
06-27-2014, 04:41 PM
That wasn't his first year in Memphis.
My apologies. I misread his career chart. In any case he still hasn't averaged that since 10-11 for one season.

Levity
06-27-2014, 04:45 PM
My apologies. I misread his career chart. In any case he still hasn't averaged that since 10-11 for one season.

yeah the season after that(lock out year?), is when he suffered that knee injury and missed about half the season. was never a 20/10 guy after that. not sure how much it had to do with injury vs gasol finding his niche.

Meticode
06-27-2014, 04:51 PM
yeah the season after that(lock out year?), is when he suffered that knee injury and missed about half the season. was never a 20/10 guy after that. not sure how much it had to do with injury vs gasol finding his niche.
Probably a little of both. He's still capable of it probably, but it would surprise me if he did it again even for one season considering he's turning 33 in July. He's put on a lot of miles on that unatheletic body since he was drafted.

I think it's a good extension. If he can still put up 15-17/9 he's worth the $10 million a year.

Hey Yo
06-27-2014, 04:55 PM

Charlotte finished 43-39 this season.

PHX is the only West team that didn't make the playoffs that had a better record than Charlotte.

Fact check would help next time.

atljonesbro
06-27-2014, 05:06 PM

Do you even watch basketball? :lol

Meticode
06-27-2014, 05:09 PM

I understand where you're coming from, I just wanted to mention the Bobcats were 43-39 this year though.