PDA

View Full Version : Blazers offer Aldridge a 5 year / $108m extension.

bdreason
06-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Didn't see a thread. Not surprised Aldridge is getting a MAX offer.

Duggrr
06-27-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm an Aldridge fan, but 5 years seems a bit excessive for a 29 year old. Batum gets paid bank and Lillard will be due for big cash soon - Portland's cap space will be real thin soon..

Then again, I can see Aldridge putting up all-star level production for another 5-6 years. He's not a guy who heavily relies on athleticism. He's a top 7 or so player and has the potential to remain top 10 for a while.

MUGEN
06-27-2014, 05:46 PM
yep no brainer really :rockon:

Lebronxrings
06-27-2014, 05:54 PM
thats a ****ing lot for a dude who can lead his team to a second round. Taller Carmelo.

Duggrr
06-27-2014, 05:55 PM
thats a ****ing lot for a dude who can lead his team to a second round. Taller Carmelo.
Western Conference

navy
06-27-2014, 06:01 PM
Not surprised. Well earned.

Dro
06-27-2014, 06:08 PM
He deserves it.....I don't see the problem......

Breezy
06-27-2014, 06:34 PM
I thought they were offering him a 3 year extension but if he waits until next year he can get the full 5 year 108 million. :confusedshrug:

Myth
06-27-2014, 06:38 PM
Aldridge is worth the max, so I'm fine with this, although it would be great if he would take a small pay cut to allow for Portland to land more talent.

I still want Batum traded though.

Beastmode88
06-27-2014, 06:43 PM

trailblazers went 1-4 vs spurs. so did miami so does that mean lma = lbj? :applause:

SHABBA
06-27-2014, 06:47 PM
If he's worth this, why isn't Rudy Gay?

Myth
06-27-2014, 06:48 PM

You must be trolling.

Johnny Jones
06-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Worth every penny.

BlackVVaves
06-27-2014, 06:50 PM

Looking for the white text before I alert the ra-tard police.

Fork
06-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Worth it

SHABBA
06-27-2014, 06:56 PM
Looking for the white text before I alert the ra-tard police.
I mean I get LMA is marginally the better player but Gay is more of a difference maker in close games IMO.

Johnny Jones
06-27-2014, 06:58 PM
I mean I get LMA is marginally the better player but Gay is more of a difference maker in close games IMO.
:biggums:

Smoke117
06-27-2014, 07:09 PM
It's to be expected but no he is not worth this. He's a volume scorer...a guy who needs to take 20 shots to average 23 points. He's a very good rebounder and a good rebounder, but he's NOT GREAT offensively or defensively overall. It's hard for me to see how he could be worth 20+ mil a year. If you are going to take up as much cap space as he is, you should at least be great on at least one end of the floor. You are never going to contend for a championship with Lamarcus Aldridge as your first option and leading scorer and you are definitely not when you couple that with him being paid 20 mil a year.

Lebronxrings
06-27-2014, 07:11 PM
gg portland, no more pieces you can really add.

Milbuck
06-27-2014, 07:13 PM
Worth it for now. He's earned this contract, but I can see this biting Portland in the ass when he's 33/34 in his 4th and 5th year into the contract though. He's never relied much on athleticism, but almost 22 mil a year is a lot..it's going to be troublesome in years 4 and 5.

BlazerRed
06-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Aldridge is worth the max, so I'm fine with this, although it would be great if he would take a small pay cut to allow for Portland to land more talent.

This.

Dude has been loyal to the franchise. A franchise that doesn't land superstar players.. he deserves this. Still sucks having such a huge contract on the books though. We really need to work some magic, because this team as currently built cannot win a chip and we have no cap flexibility. Some people are going to have to be moved.

longtime lurker
06-27-2014, 08:21 PM

Why? The guy seems like the ideal 3rd option. Score, pass, rebound, and defends at a high level.

Rubio2Gasol
06-27-2014, 08:27 PM
So this past year was a contract year.....

Back to 8 rebounds a game :lol

Myth
06-27-2014, 08:27 PM
Why? The guy seems like the ideal 3rd option. Score, pass, rebound, and defends at a high level.

He has a ton of talent, but lacks the heart that justifies his contract IMO. I don't hate him or think he it would be an addition by subtraction by any means. I just think he is overrated (which means decent trade value) and could be a piece used to nab a better player with more heart. As you said, he has all that talent, yet somehow I still feel that the less talented Wesley Matthews contributes more to winning.

FlawlessVictory
06-27-2014, 08:28 PM
Well deserved. Problem for Portland though is that unless Lillard takes another big leap next year and someone like McCollum breaks out, they won't be winning the West. That's not even a criticism of the Blazers; just the reality of how tough the West is going to be over the next few years.

Good enough to win a few series though.

MUGEN
06-27-2014, 08:30 PM
He has a ton of talent, but lacks the heart that justifies his contract IMO. I don't hate him or think he it would be an addition by subtraction by any means. I just think he is overrated (which means decent trade value) and could be a piece used to nab a better player with more heart. As you said, he has all that talent, yet somehow I still feel that the less talented Wesley Matthews contributes more to winning.

dind ding ding My thoughts exactly! :cheers:

navy
06-27-2014, 08:36 PM
He reminds me of Shane Battier.

I dont know man, you dont give those type of guys up. :confusedshrug:

Draz
06-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Personally I think he's worth it.

BlazerRed
06-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Well deserved. Problem for Portland though is that unless Lillard takes another big leap next year and someone like McCollum breaks out, they won't be winning the West. That's not even a criticism of the Blazers; just the reality of how tough the West is going to be over the next few years.

Good enough to win a few series though.
This is true. We're kind of stuck in an in-between place ATM and without the cap room to really do much about it. We've just got to hope we can grab a couple of veteran bench contributors and McCollum ups his game or we're not really going to get anywhere meaningful.. hence i think moving Batum might be an option.

flipogb
06-27-2014, 09:52 PM
he should give some of the money to the Rockets players for their sh*tty defense

BlazerRed
06-27-2014, 09:56 PM
he should give some of the money to the Rockets players for their sh*tty defense
Asik shut him down. Firs two games were terrible though.

Myth
06-27-2014, 10:01 PM
He reminds me of Shane Battier.

I dont know man, you dont give those type of guys up. :confusedshrug:

Battier was never paid the amount Batum is. Batum makes nearly twice as much per year as Battier did at his most. If Batum was paid like Battier, then I wouldn't want him traded.

flipogb
06-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Asik shut him down. Firs two games were terrible though.
give the money to McHale then

Myth
07-15-2015, 01:10 AM

Came across this old thread. Wish he took the deal. And I got my Batum traded wish, but didn't get the return I hoped for. Should have traded him years ago when his value was up as I wanted.

And LOL at the guy in this thread saying that LMA is only marginally better than Rudy Gay.