Nick Young
06-27-2014, 08:05 PM
The legacy of the mamba lives on:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Foster5k
06-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Undersized.

TheGreatDeraj
06-27-2014, 08:20 PM
It's never good to be undersized, but there are ways to overcome it.

For instance a player could have one or more of the following characteristics: long arms, extremely strong lower body, great footwork, incredible stamina to run the floor and have the energy to outwork your man, springs in his legs to jump multiple times quickly one after another, speed to blow past his man, or just having a higher basketball IQ.

I don't really watch College as it is a huge mess right now with one and done, so I haven't seen too much of Randle to make an evaluation as to whether will be able to overcome his size. I hear a lot of Zach Randolph comparisons and I like that from a 7th pick. Can't say I am not at least a little disappointed that the Lakers didn't get a higher pick and had a chance at an elite wing for Kobe to pass the torch too, but I have a feeling Randle will fit in nicely with Kobe and Pau.

UK2K
06-27-2014, 08:23 PM
I've said it all over this board.

Hes got a non stop motor, speed, he constantly slashes and cuts, hes strong, and will probably be one of the 10 best offensive rebounders in a season or two.

He'll never average 25 a game, but Im predicting a 19 and 9 season in three or four years.

Haymaker
06-27-2014, 08:24 PM
It's never good to be undersized, but there are ways to overcome it.

For instance a player could have one or more of the following characteristics: long arms, extremely strong lower body, great footwork, incredible stamina to run the floor and have the energy to outwork your man, springs in his legs to jump multiple times quickly one after another, speed to blow past his man, or just having a higher basketball IQ.

I don't really watch College as it is a huge mess right now with one and done, so I haven't seen too much of Randle to make an evaluation as to whether will be able to overcome his size. I hear a lot of Zach Randolph comparisons and I like that from a 7th pick. Can't say I am not at least a little disappointed that the Lakers didn't get a higher pick and had a chance at an elite wing for Kobe to pass the torch too, but I have a feeling Randle will fit in nicely with Kobe and Pau.

Not many elite wings on this draft class though.

bigkingsfan
06-27-2014, 08:25 PM

Hes got a non stop motor, speed, he constantly slashes and cuts, hes strong, and will probably be one of the 10 best offensive rebounders in a season or two.

He'll never average 25 a game, but Im predicting a 19 and 9 season in three or four years.

Heard the same about Thomas Robinson

TheGreatDeraj
06-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Not many elite wings on this draft class though.

Yeah I was kinda hoping Lakers would somehow get a top 5 pick selection to get Wiggins, Parker or Exum.

How does Silver let the Lakers and Celtics fall out of the top 5 and let these incompetent teams like the Cavs, Bucks and Orlando get top pick...I kid...but kinda serious

UK2K
06-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Heard the same about Thomas Robinson
Almost identical players, but Randle is four years younger. He still isnt finished growing.

Robinson had more range, Randle is quicker. Robinson had no post game to speak of, Randle is excellent in the post. Randle is a better offensive rebounder and runs the floor better, TRob played better defense.

Other than that, yes they're more or less the same. Same body, same motor. I dont think TRob isn't a bust just yet.

KyleKong
06-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Undersized.

Tell me about it.

What are we talking about?

KingPush
06-27-2014, 08:47 PM
6'9 with 7' wingspan is under sized?

isnt he a combo forward? or is he a fulltime 4?

TheGreatDeraj
06-27-2014, 08:50 PM
6'9 with 7' wingspan is under sized?

isnt he a combo forward? or is he a fulltime 4?

If this is true, then that's great because that is solid size for a PF. I don't think he will play the SF at all in the NBA

fpliii
06-27-2014, 08:51 PM
1) He's 19 years old. He isn't done growing.

2) Great standing reach/wingspan. He shouldn't be a defensive liability at the 4.

STATUTORY
06-27-2014, 08:53 PM

:biggums: he doesn't have a great motor at all

KingPush
06-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Kentucky held Julius back like they did with Anthony Davis.

Randle has a decent handle and can make plays for others. Plus he can shoot if he needs to. Calipari forced him to play inside like with Davis. No one thought Davis could shoot in college, but its because he was told not to.

Watch this highlight reel of randle and see what im talking about. He is going to be a future all star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ilFdwbTwL8

bballnoob1192
06-27-2014, 09:01 PM
i'm just glad this dude was a legit lakers fan and excited about the franchise. On draft night when he said how he was a lakers fan since a kid. I was like here we go again another dude who gets drafted and says all this crap about how good a team is and how he has always been a fan and shit. Well JR proved me wrong. Now lets just hope he will be a decent player at least a 3rd option caliber player for the laker's future.

Droid101
06-27-2014, 09:14 PM
I was 6'7" at 19, and finished growing at 22, 6'9". Anything is possible.

Also, the dude is just solid. He'll be a great player.

STATUTORY
06-27-2014, 09:15 PM

did you play college ball?

KingPush
06-27-2014, 09:15 PM

ur 6'9?

Does it suck to be that tall and be regular?

Dbrog
06-27-2014, 09:17 PM
He'll either be Dejuan Blair or something pretty special. I really like Randle's game though and he always brought it in the big games and is strong mentally. I think he'll be a nice player.

Droid101
06-27-2014, 09:23 PM
did you play college ball?I tried to walk on to my college team (UC Irvine circa 2000). On the squad two weeks. Got cut. (Felt okay because the dude I outplayed got cut a week later). I'm too light. I'm like...... Kevin Durant after anorexia. I was probably 185 pounds.

Still a fun experience. Got to play with Jerry Green (went on to play in Germany) and Adam Parada (played for Kings and Lakers summer league many years ago, and plays for the Mexico national team in the Olympics).

ur 6'9?

Does it suck to be that tall and be regular?
It's annoying to duck into certain buildings.

I get asked if I play the following sports by random strangers, with the following frequency:

Basketball: 85%
Volleyball: 10%
Water Polo: 4%
Baseball: 1%

UK2K
06-27-2014, 09:37 PM
How many of his games did you watch?

Because I watched every one of them.

"He*guided the Wildcats to the NCAA title game by averaging 15 points and 10.4 rebounds and setting a Kentucky freshman record for double-doubles with 24.

NBA scouts also love Randle's non-stop motor and hustle."

eliteballer
06-27-2014, 09:40 PM
He's the same height as Kevin Love.

Where do you guys think he would have been drafted if he was in last years draft?

raprap
06-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Lol randle has great motor.

kennethgriffin
06-27-2014, 09:41 PM
why are people saying hes undersized. hes 6 foot 9

thats the average power forward.

he plays like barkley and sir charles was 6 foot 4

people just think hes undersized cause he has the mobility of a small forward and hes proportioned correctly which is deceiving to the eye

The-Legend-24
06-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Don't know shit about this dude. :oldlol: