PDA

View Full Version : ball dominant point guards arent what the miami heat need. they already have one

kennethgriffin
06-27-2014, 08:35 PM
his names lebron james

why do they want napier and lowry lol

the heat lost cause they had a crapy coach that didnt know how to defend san antonio. they overplay the ball and didnt rotate well. dallas had the right defensive strategy. single coverage with length inside

the heat need to get a true power forward and center. bosh needs to get on the block. or ship him out for a guy who can

they need a center or power forward who can get guys in foul trouble

not sit outside shooting threes all day like battier and bosh

lebron only posts up once a game. and hes too stubborn to guard guys his own size or bigger

so they need bigger longer defenders

the heat never were built like a championship team. its why they needed miracles to win 2 of them.. like rose going down in 2011 and facing a rookie team in the finals with a free trip there in the first place... then another free trip the next season and sanantonio choking with help from a bail out ray allen 3

the heat think "oh well we just need to do what we did before" but it doesnt work against great western teams. it shouldnt work.

getting more ball handlers isnt going to solve anything

and all theyre gonna turn into is kick out three point shooters anyway. thats if wade and lebron both return

the heat are screwed. adding another star who does the same thing as lebron but not as good isnt going to solve sh*t lol

heat need to get younger, bigger, longer, tougher, smarter

2 midgets wont solve this

KingPush
06-27-2014, 08:36 PM
long as they can hold onto the ball and create their own shot it dont matter. Lowry is a 20x upgrade over chalmers

Foster5k
06-27-2014, 08:38 PM
why do they want napier and lowry lol
Because Chalmers and Cole aren't the answer.

kennethgriffin
06-27-2014, 08:39 PM
long as they can hold onto the ball and create their own shot it dont matter. Lowry is a 20x upgrade over chalmers

he is. but that isnt why they lost to sanantonio

size, defense, coaching, length is why they lost

they had no offensive system. and a dumb defensive system. and nobody to matchup inside

spo has to go. bosh has to be traded. they need a real big man

and they need a coach who isnt afraid to tell lebron what to do offensively. this dribble, hold, kick out sh*t is 10 years past its due

Haymaker
They need 3&D point guards.

KingPush
he is. but that isnt why they lost to sanantonio

size, defense, coaching, length is why they lost

they had no offensive system. and a dumb defensive system. and nobody to matchup inside
they can still get gortat

KingPush
06-27-2014, 08:40 PM
They need 3&D point guards.
that makes Lowry the perfect fit

kennethgriffin
06-27-2014, 08:42 PM
whats lowry gonna do offensively with lebron on the court

are they gonna bring him off the bench? cause he wont have the ball

itel be like when lakers got nash. kobe was the one averaging 13 assists

KingPush
06-27-2014, 08:44 PM

maybe you should watch the games. Lebron isnt bringing it up the court unless he got the ball from a rebound.

Plus they need someone to handle the rock so lebron doesnt gas himself out

TheGreatDeraj
06-27-2014, 08:47 PM
Heat are not going to get a big guy, that's not how they are built. They are built to space the floor for Lebron and play energetic pressure defense to create turnovers and gang rebound the ball.

Lowry
Allen
Ariza
Lebron
Bosh

6th man: wade

run Horns with Lebron at the elbow. Have him post, triple threat or have bosh set a screen at the FT line for him with everyone else at the three.

kennethgriffin
06-27-2014, 08:48 PM
maybe you should watch the games. Lebron isnt bringing it up the court unless he got the ball from a rebound.

Plus they need someone to handle the rock so lebron doesnt gas himself out

lol the minute they get over midcourt lebron gets the ball and clears out or gets a screen

unless you think cole and chalmers are running the offense and are the main playmakers LOL

its same as when fisher brought the ball up. kobe would pop out. fisher hand off and he'd run to the other side for a possible kick out 3 while kobe ran the point with a gasol pick and roll

common man get your head in the game :oldlol:

navy
06-27-2014, 08:50 PM

Lowry and Lebron can run pick and roll with either being the ball handler and either being the screener. The Heat do it alot with Chalmers.

If Lebron is handling the ball the team will either switch a smaller guard onto him or double Lebron and leave Lowry open, if Lowry is handling the ball they will once again switch or stunt and leave Lowry open to penetrate to guard Lebron.

Works when Chalmers isnt scrubbing it up. Which isnt often.

In anycase, he can shoot a 3 and play defense.

Either way its a massive upgrade.

Kobe Nash pick and roll was a solid play. Should have run pick and rolls with Nash and Dwight as well.

KingPush
06-27-2014, 08:50 PM
lol the minute they get over midcourt lebron gets the ball and clears out or gets a screen

unless you think cole and chalmers are running the offense and are the main playmakers LOL

its same as when fisher brought the ball up. kobe would pop out. fisher hand off and he'd run to the other side for a possible kick out 3 while kobe ran the point with a gasol pick and roll

common man get your head in the game :oldlol:
there were many times during the season where Lebron doesnt touch the ball for entire possessions...

The league will be ****ed if miami gets lowry

kennethgriffin
06-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Heat are not going to get a big guy, that's not how they are built. They are built to space the floor for Lebron and play energetic pressure defense to create turnovers and gang rebound the ball.

Lowry
Allen
Ariza
Lebron
Bosh

6th man: wade

run Horns with Lebron at the elbow. Have him post, triple threat or have bosh set a screen at the FT line for him with everyone else at the three.

lol@ wade off the bench.. he wants 20 mill. theyre not gonna pay him to do that. theyed sooner let him go

and thank god the heat dont wanna build the right way. i actually do hope they keep building a team to hope they can luck out in the finals by going small with slower older guys who cant even run anymore except for lebron ( whos also slowing down )

kennethgriffin
06-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Lowry and Lebron can run pick and roll with either being the ball handler and either being the screener. The Heat do it alot with Chalmers.

If Lebron is handling the ball the team will either switch a smaller guard onto him or double Lebron and leave Lowry open, if Lowry is handling the ball they will once again switch or stunt and leave Lowry open to penetrate to guard Lebron.

Works when Chalmers isnt scrubbing it up. Which isnt often.

In anycase, he can shoot a 3 and play defense.

Either way its a massive upgrade.

Kobe Nash pick and roll was a solid play. Should have run pick and rolls with Nash and Dwight as well.

lowry the screener?

KingPush
06-27-2014, 08:52 PM
lowry the screener?
Hasnt watched a single heat game this season: confirmed √

fpliii
06-27-2014, 08:53 PM
LeBron played a ton off ball this year, in the regular season. The guards brought the ball up, and passed it to LeBron in the post to initiate the offense from the inside-out. He was terrific posting up and as a spot-up shooter this year.

For some reason though, Miami went away from that in the playoffs. Especially against San Antonio. I guess it's because they loaded up the paint and LeBron was getting single coverage on the perimeter, but in general, I don't think it's a good idea to do something for the whole year, and change it up in the Finals.

kennethgriffin
06-27-2014, 08:54 PM
there were many times during the season where Lebron doesnt touch the ball for entire possessions...

The league will be ****ed if miami gets lowry

lol yeah it happens a few times a game. its usually when wade wants to take a shot. but that doesnt rely on a PG's play making skills.. wades an isolation player

navy
06-27-2014, 08:56 PM
lowry the screener?
Yes. Chalmers and Ray Allen are more likely to screen for Lebron than any other players.

kennethgriffin
06-27-2014, 08:57 PM
LeBron played a ton off ball this year, in the regular season. The guards brought the ball up, and passed it to LeBron in the post to initiate the offense from the inside-out. He was terrific posting up and as a spot-up shooter this year.

For some reason though, Miami went away from that in the playoffs. Especially against San Antonio. I guess it's because they loaded up the paint and LeBron was getting single coverage on the perimeter, but in general, I don't think it's a good idea to do something for the whole year, and change it up in the Finals.

its possible to be a point/play maker who gets the ball in the post. and looks to set up others or get his own

kobe did it for a long time

its an inside/out offense .. guys rotate and it sets up outside shots or an easy bucket

its not like the gameplan was for cole or chalmers to set up lebron by drawing defenders

what good is it to invest in a guy like lowry to just dump it into lebron on the post

anyone can do that

TheGreatDeraj
06-27-2014, 08:58 PM
lol@ wade off the bench.. he wants 20 mill. theyre not gonna pay him to do that. theyed sooner let him go

and thank god the heat dont wanna build the right way. i actually do hope they keep building a team to hope they can luck out in the finals by going small with slower older guys who cant even run anymore except for lebron ( whos also slowing down )

I thought they opted out so they could take less money and sign other players?

As far as building the "right way", they couldn't because Lebron wants to play a fast, transition and then drive and kick three point game to utilize his athleticism, slashing and passing skills. He doesn't want to slow the ball down, work it into the post, and bang with the big boys for 48 minutes in the paint.

fpliii
06-27-2014, 08:59 PM
its possible to be a point/play maker who gets the ball in the post. and looks to set up others or get his own

kobe did it for a long time

its an inside/out offense .. guys rotate and it sets up outside shots or an easy bucket

its not like the gameplan was for cole or chalmers to set up lebron by drawing defenders

what good is it to invest in a guy like lowry to just dump it into lebron on the post

anyone can do that
Agreed.

I don't think Lowry is actually going to Miami. I actually still believe LeBron is going to Cleveland as well.

Kobe did it, MJ did it (second threepeat mostly), Hakeem and Shaq did it. I think it's a good strategy.

kennethgriffin
06-27-2014, 08:59 PM
just like every single other guy whos ever stepped on the court with lebron.. hes going to turn them into a three point shooter kick out man.

thats all lowry will do

he might bring the ball up.

he might be called a point guard.

but he isnt averaging more assists than lebron... lebron will still be the main play maker. hes still gonna have the ball whether it be outside or on the post

all lowry will do when lebrons on the court is shoot

navy
06-27-2014, 09:00 PM

They did try, problem is Chalmers became a sub 30% shooter and a turnover machine. Took away a large part of the Heat's game plan of attacking San Antonio because it worked really well last year. Chalmers even outscored Tony Parker for a majority of last years finals.

Then Wade started to scrub it up and suddenly the Heat were devoid of offense. :facepalm

fpliii
06-27-2014, 09:01 PM
They did try, problem is Chalmers became a ub 30% shooter and a turnover machine. Took away a large part of the Heat's game plan of attacking San Antonio because it worked really well last year. Chalmers even outscored Tony Parker for a majority of last years finals.

Then Wade started to scrub it up, and suddenly the Heat were devoid of offense. :facepalm
I mean, don't get me wrong. This was an unwinnable series IMO based on how well SA was playing offensively.

Chalmers was pure shit, but they also went away from it against Indiana a bit. Doesn't make much sense to me.

OT - How much money did Chalmers cost himself this offseason?

kennethgriffin
06-27-2014, 09:06 PM
They did try, problem is Chalmers became a sub 30% shooter and a turnover machine. Took away a large part of the Heat's game plan of attacking San Antonio because it worked really well last year. Chalmers even outscored Tony Parker for a majority of last years finals.

Then Wade started to scrub it up and suddenly the Heat were devoid of offense. :facepalm

the heat offense is all drive or kid out threes

why do you think they lucked out those 2 titles. guys like battier or cole or chalmers or miller or allen or someone else were having these 20-30 point random games in the finals 1 after another from all kick out 3 point bombs all game

the heat depend on a guy who can hit wide open threes non stop cause its the only offense lebrons ever known. his coaches dont do anything. lebron wouldnt let them even if they knew what they were doing anyway

so when those guys went cold this year and they started relying on a bum like rashard lewis. thats when the reality check set in

the heat are NOT a good team. they never were. just stars put together and some fluke games by those role players got them 2 out of 4

i say quit while your 50/50

start building the right way. get a game plan. get a coach. get lebron in the post. get an offensive system. get length. get young. get speed. get rid of wade cause hes finished. get bosh in the post or ship him out

three point shooters who do nothing else arent worth 20 mill

so if all you want from bosh is that then its not worth it

and if youre gonna pay lowry big bucks.. you better let him actually go to work

navy
06-27-2014, 09:12 PM
I mean, don't get me wrong. This was an unwinnable series IMO based on how well SA was playing offensively.

Chalmers was pure shit, but they also went away from it against Indiana a bit. Doesn't make much sense to me.

OT - How much money did Chalmers cost himself this offseason?

How poorly Spo coached defense. :facepalm

They lit up Indiana in all 6 games except Game 2 I believe. Indiana was seriously declined so maybe the Heat just got lucky. They "lit" up San Antonio for the first 3 games as well.(Over 50% shooting, 40ish% from 3)
I dont think Spo change the offense radically. I think the players just tanked.

Chalmers was in Prime position to get paid this summer. All the dude had to do was knock down some open threes and score a few layup drives. Could have easily went for 6-8 million to some desperate GMS.

Now he will certainly be back with the Heat. Cheap. I wouldnt pay him more than 3 million.

fpliii
06-27-2014, 09:13 PM
How poorly Spo coached defense. :facepalm

They lit up Indiana in all 6 games except Game 2 I believe. Indiana was seriously declined so maybe the Heat just got lucky. They "lit" up San Antonio for the first 3 games as well.(Over 50% shooting, 40ish% from 3)
I dont think Spo change the offense radically. I think the players just tanked.

Chalmers was in Prime position to get paid this summer. All the dude had to do was knock down some open threes and score a few layups drives. Could have easily went for 6-8 million to some desperate GMS.

Now he will certainly be back with the Heat. Cheap. I wouldnt pay him more than 3 million.
Damn. :lol

Rubio2Gasol
06-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Man, Gonna be hard watching Lowry slowly turn into a scrub.