PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Fans React to Aaron Gordon Pick

T_L_P
06-28-2014, 12:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkfr3HMSPPE

:roll:

navy
06-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Dante Exum was such an obvious choice. Even if he was stat padding against bad competition, he has a decent shot, good athleticism, and decent offensive game. Superstar potential.

Fudge
06-28-2014, 12:45 PM
The pick isn't even THAT bad, since they ended up grabbing Payton. Which I thought was a steal btw. I like their lineup going into next year. Bunch of young, good defenders, just not many potent scorers.

Payton
Oladipo
Harris
Gordon
Vucebich

And Vuc is still a scrub. Steven Adams>

NBAplayoffs2001
06-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Dante Exum was such an obvious choice. Even if he was stat padding against bad competition, he has a decent shot, good athleticism, and decent offensive game. Superstar potential.

Agreed also signing with Kobe's agent and Kobe's trainer shows the killer work ethic he might have.

alec613
06-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Dont remind Jameer

navy
06-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Agreed also signing with Kobe's agent and Kobe's trainer shows the killer work ethic he might have.
:applause:

Magic. :facepalm

chocolatethunder
06-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Haha ok so good athleticism and a decent shot and a decent offensive game equal superstar potential? His shot isn't even decent. He's a 60% ft shooter. Look at him go against Marcu Smart and then tell me how superstar he looks.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Haha ok so good athleticism and a decent shot and a decent offensive game equal superstar potential? His shot isn't even decent. He's a 60% ft shooter. Look at him go against Marcu Smart and then tell me how superstar he looks.

He doesn't act like a thug on the court like Marcus Smart. Seems more professional and more mature.

navy
06-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Yes. Good size too.

I will put money on him being better than Aaron Gordon. :confusedshrug:

NBAplayoffs2001
06-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Yes. Good size too.

I will put money on him being better than Aaron Gordon. :confusedshrug:

Aaron Gordon either a bigger Wes Johnson or a Shawn Marion without a jumpshot. Not impressing me at all.

uber
06-28-2014, 12:55 PM
The pick isn't even THAT bad, since they ended up grabbing Payton. Which I thought was a steal btw. I like their lineup going into next year. Bunch of young, good defenders, just not many potent scorers.

Payton
Oladipo
Harris
Gordon
Vucebich

Vuc on one leg >>> Steven Adams

come on man ....

Eric Cartman
06-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Aaron Gordon either a bigger Wes Johnson or a Shawn Marion without a jumpshot. Not impressing me at all.

Missed out on the big 3, ended up with Gordon.

Probably should've taken Exum or Randle.

Fudge
06-28-2014, 01:00 PM
Vuc on one leg >>> Steven Adams

come on man ....
Good joke, nut sack

Eric Cartman
06-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Good joke, nut sack

Call me when Adams does this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI_1JbnDWqE

NBAplayoffs2001
06-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Call me when Adams does this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI_1JbnDWqE

Vuc is nasty, used to watch him as a Sixer. Quite a solid player. But Adams had a great rookie season, can't take away from that.

Trollsmasher
06-28-2014, 01:04 PM
If you look closely, you can see Jameer hanging himself on the rafters

longtime lurker
06-28-2014, 01:04 PM

Payton
Oladipo
Harris
Gordon
Vucebich

That team couldn't hit water if they were in the middle of an ocean :facepalm Magic had Exum fall into their hands and whiffed. Gordon will be a solid defensive player, but you don't use a 4th pick for a defense only player.

HylianNightmare
06-28-2014, 01:05 PM
I wasn't excited.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-28-2014, 01:07 PM
That team couldn't hit water if they were in the middle of an ocean :facepalm Magic had Exum fall into their hands and whiffed. Gordon will be a solid defensive player, but you don't use a 4th pick for a defense only player.

Exactly.

Fudge
06-28-2014, 01:09 PM
This is the first time I've seen people actually disagree with me.

I'm usually right.

lilteapot
06-28-2014, 01:12 PM
This team is gonna be fun to watch. So much athleticism.

TylerOO
06-28-2014, 01:14 PM
This team is gonna be fun to watch. So much athleticism.

...and thats about it.

iamgine
06-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Aaron Gordon is not a bad pick at all. He goes 5th-6th in most mock draft so for him to go 4th is still pretty much in the range.

hawksdogsbraves
06-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Pretty bad pick.

Guy can't score except on put backs and in transistion, can't shoot AT ALL, and shoots 40% from the line :facepalm

His defense is pretty good but it's not like he racks up steals and blocks at an incredible rate, averaged 1 of each per game.

He's pretty much a defense only player at this stage, you just have to hope he can learn how to shoot or he's not going to ever be more than a rotation guy.

Meticode
06-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Aaron Gordon is not a bad pick at all. He goes 5th-6th in most mock draft so for him to go 4th is still pretty much in the range.
I still think they should've picked Exum.

Lord Bean
06-28-2014, 02:15 PM
If you look closely, you can see Jameer hanging himself on the rafters
:roll:

CHi1PriDe
06-28-2014, 02:48 PM

Payton
Oladipo
Harris
Gordon
Vucebich

Lol hell NAAAAAAAA!

Rubio2Gasol
06-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Pretty bad pick.

Guy can't score except on put backs and in transistion, can't shoot AT ALL, and shoots 40% from the line :facepalm

His defense is pretty good but it's not like he racks up steals and blocks at an incredible rate, averaged 1 of each per game.

He's pretty much a defense only player at this stage, you just have to hope he can learn how to shoot or he's not going to ever be more than a rotation guy.

He's 18 years old.

Now look, I'm not sure how he's going to develop, because I'm not particularly in tune with what Orlando's coaches emphasize when it comes to player development, but if the Thunder or the Pacers made this pick, I would think he's going to be an all star eventually.

At the end of the day, they probably should have taken Exum though, but it seems they were committed to taking Elfrid Payton.

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:14 PM
I like how everyone says "They should have picked Exum." ****ing hilarious. :roll: 90% of the people who say this haven't watched one clip of him. They are basing this on hype.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-28-2014, 03:15 PM
I like how everyone says "They should have picked Exum." ****ing hilarious. :roll: 90% of the people who say this haven't watched one clip of him. They are basing this on hype.

You had an entire post about how much like you like Exum :coleman:

coin24
06-28-2014, 03:17 PM

It's Jameer. He's a retard what do you expect :lol

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:19 PM
Yep. I have watched almost all of what is out there on Exum. Do you think the posters in this thread who say Exum>Gordon have? No. They haven't. They just know the measurements and the hype and the bullshit. Hennigan saw Exum more than any other team. We had guys in Austrailia watching his games. He loves international players. And we still chose Gordon. I trust that judgement.

hawksdogsbraves
06-28-2014, 03:57 PM
What exactly has Hennigan done to earn your undying support? He's in the middle of a rebuilding effort and still has no franchise player, it doesn't seem that the rebuild will be over for 2-3 more years at least.

I know he's only 30 and is considered something of a wunderkind, but I wouldn't put so much blind faith in my GM unless it's a RC Buford or Danny Ainge who's actually proven themselves to be elite.

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:58 PM
What exactly has Hennigan done to earn your undying support? He's in the middle of a rebuilding effort and still has no franchise player, it doesn't seem that the rebuild will be over for 2-3 more years at least.

I know he's only 30 and is considered something of a wunderkind, but I wouldn't put so much blind faith in my GM unless it's a RC Buford or Danny Ainge who's actually proven themselves to be elite.
Tobias, Vuc, Harkless, Oladipo, O'Quinn. He's shown he can evaluate talent.

Le Shaqtus
06-28-2014, 04:01 PM

Payton
Oladipo
Harris
Gordon
Vucebich

Adams does nothing better than Vuc other than draw techs :oldlol:

bdreason
06-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Should have taken Vonleh to pair with Vucevic.

hawksdogsbraves
06-28-2014, 05:31 PM
Tobias, Vuc, Harkless, Oladipo, O'Quinn. He's shown he can evaluate talent.

I mean, he's done decently at talent evaluation, certainly not badly, and I don't want to judge him on the Gordon pick before we see how it pans out.

But the Afflalo trade seemed god-awful, don't know how to put a positive spin on that. He could've gotten more, and could've gotten WAY more if he'd traded him last year during the season.

The Magic are still in a tough spot though, I don't see any of their players as guys you can build a contender around. Hopefully the tank job goes better and you get a franchise guy next draft.