PDA

View Full Version : Remember Tim Duncan opted in

longtime lurker
06-28-2014, 12:53 PM
When he could have opted out to give the Spurs 20 million in cap space to improve their roster and guarantee a repeat championship since they play in the historically competitive Western conference. Duncan could have taken the vet min since he's on the verge of retiring anyways. At least he'd guarantee a 6th championship. But I guess he's just not built like that.

navy
06-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Lebron should take the vet min.

T_L_P
06-28-2014, 12:54 PM
$10 million for the best player on the team is plenty fair, tbh.

Who the **** are we gonna sign anyway? This team is perfect. :oldlol:

STATUTORY
06-28-2014, 12:55 PM
even tim is not as beta as Bron

T_L_P
06-28-2014, 12:56 PM
even tim is not as beta as Bron

Taking a crippling contract then crying about help isn't beta?

SCdac
06-28-2014, 12:56 PM
:oldlol: it's probably his last season so let the dude pick up his player option without grilling him for not committing to 2-3 more years. He's worth more than the vet min, hell he's probably worth more than what he's getting paid currently.

longtime lurker
06-28-2014, 12:58 PM

Dude don't you know. You guys could have signed Lowry and Gasol to bring them off the bench and still had the 2.5 million dollar exception. Hell you could have convinced Melo to come to the Spurs.

STATUTORY
06-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Taking a crippling contract then crying about help isn't beta?
alpha is doing getting what you deserved then demanding even more

beta is sacrificing oneself for the betterment of the group

T_L_P
06-28-2014, 01:00 PM
Dude don't you know. You guys could have signed Lowry and Gasol to bring them off the bench and still had the 2.5 million dollar exception. Hell you could have convinced Melo to come to the Spurs.

The Spurs don't sign stars. We draft and develop them.

Also, your post is fabricated bullshit. Patty and Boris bring ore to this team than Melo could.

francesco totti
06-28-2014, 01:00 PM
Spurs are build in a way, its tough get better by adding players.

Because all the players in their team contribute

longtime lurker
06-28-2014, 01:02 PM
The Spurs don't sign stars. We draft and develop them.

Also, your post is fabricated bullshit. Patty and Boris bring ore to this team than Melo could.

Wait you mean there's another way to build a championship without superstars taking discounts? Could have fooled me.

T_L_P
06-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Wait you mean there's another way to build a championship without superstars taking discounts? Could have fooled me.

Funny, because I distinctly remember Duncan raping the league with a 19 MPG Robinson making a lot of money.

Or did basketball not exist before the decision?

Also, Duncan is not a superstar. Get the **** out of here you troll.

longtime lurker
06-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Funny, because I distinctly remember Duncan raping the league with a 19 MPG Robinson making a lot of money.

Or did basketball not exist before the decision?

Also, Duncan is not a superstar. Get the **** out of here you troll.

Jimmies rustled

ballup
06-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Tim Duncan opting out would only provide 10 mil in cap space. Damn some people are so bad at understanding how the cap and salaries work.

pmj
06-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Is OP retarded? All of the Spurs big 3 are already on a massive discount, and have been for quite a while, to get more help.

ProfessorMurder
06-28-2014, 03:09 PM

Don't need to sign anyone with Kyle Anderson coming. Dude will beast.

stalkerforlife
06-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Duncan is alpha.

There are plenty of times the Spurs came up short, with being saying they needed to blow it up, but alphas keep believing.