PDA

View Full Version : my predictions for Wiggins, Jabari, Exum, Embid

STATUTORY
06-28-2014, 03:07 PM
Wiggins - will be seen as a career underachiever. Tmac style player with less fluidity, finesse, and grace. Closer to iggy with a better and more reliable offensive game. wont really find a fit at 2 or 3 in teh NBA

jabari - melo like scorer, will be seen as selfish and possessing low bbiq

exum - will have a steeper learning curve and take longer for career to get underway. but ultimately become the best out of the entire class. A complete scoring wing like Kobe/MJ

Embid - injury prone. never really play a full season

what's yours?

Heavincent
06-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Wiggins - will be seen as a career underachiever. Tmac style player with less fluidity, finesse, and grace. Closer to iggy with a better and more reliable offensive game. wont really find a fit at 2 or 3 in teh NBA

Hell, I'd take that. Iggy has had a great career.

chocolatethunder
06-28-2014, 03:15 PM

exum - will have a steeper learning curve and take longer for career to get underway. but ultimately become the best out of the entire class. A complete scoring wing like Kobe/MJ

what's yours?
Exum can't shoot and he shoots 60% on FTs. His dribble is weak and he's not a good passer. He has no shot of being the best of this class. He's also extremely weak. He will have difficulty adjusting to the pace/power of the nba game.

STATUTORY
06-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Exum can't shoot and he shoots 60% on FTs. His dribble is weak and he's not a good passer. He has no shot of being the best of this class. He's also extremely weak. He will have difficulty adjusting to the pace/power of the nba game.
like i said, he will have the steepest learning curve and take longest to develop but he has the greatest potential out of the three. his game will scale exponentially

NBAplayoffs2001
06-28-2014, 03:18 PM

what's yours?

Call me completely crazy but that's what I was thinking too.

Milbuck
06-28-2014, 03:19 PM

:(

Seriously though, he's not selfish and he has a very high BBIQ. You don't have the biggest scoring skill set in your draft class with a low BBIQ. There's a difference between having a scorers mindset, and being dumb on the basketball court.

FatComputerNerd
06-28-2014, 03:23 PM
I'm hoping Wiggins will be a pippenesque player.

Is he a decent passer? How's his court-vision? B-Ball IQ?

I know he's athletic, a good defender, and can finish on the fast break, but that's about all I know.

I don't really follow college ball and have only seen the highlight footage of him.

chocolatethunder
06-28-2014, 03:42 PM
like i said, he will have the steepest learning curve and take longest to develop but he has the greatest potential out of the three. his game will scale exponentially
Ok, what about his game shows his potential? He's not a good shooter who doesn't have good form and doesn't shoot FTs well. He's not a good passer and he's not strong. He's also just a decent athlete not any kind of freak. He also turns the ball over. Where does his potential lay? He has a quick first step? He didn't look like it against marcus smart.

He played 11 international games in 2013. How many of those did you see? Because almost all of the other guys in the draft played at least 30 against far better competition. So I assume that you're saying that you can say someone will be the best of this draft yet you know the least about them? That's sound reasoning.

hawksdogsbraves
06-28-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm hoping Wiggins will be a pippenesque player.

Is he a decent passer? How's his court-vision? B-Ball IQ?

I know he's athletic, a good defender, and can finish on the fast break, but that's about all I know.

I don't really follow college ball and have only seen the highlight footage of him.

He's not much of a ball handler or distributor at all.

That's why I don't like the Igoudala comparisons, Igoudala is more of a point forward, he is/was a great passer for a wing.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-28-2014, 03:58 PM
MJ comparisons for Exum :eek:

Setting the kid up to fail

Arhen
06-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Watched every high school game for senior year and all the college games for wiggins, he is a fine passer, most of his mistakes were from trying to dribble thru the lane and spin, with a high dribble.

The thing a lot of people dont realize is, kansas was built around embiid, dumping the ball down to embiid, which was a great strat, cause he was so good. So offense wasnt built around wiggins, and their point guard was a ball hog shooter.

And yet, wiggins did fine, except for 2-3 games where he lost his confidence in his shot by jacking up some bad 3s early, those games he went for sub 10 point totals.

His second jump, his length and quickness were able to create stats, contributing stats, rebounds, put backs, fast breaks. Very rare were points from plays designed for him.

While parker was the focus on duke, the team was built around him jacking shots. And yet stats are very similiar for the two.

hawksdogsbraves
06-28-2014, 05:40 PM
Watched every high school game for senior year and all the college games for wiggins, he is a fine passer, most of his mistakes were from trying to dribble thru the lane and spin, with a high dribble.

The thing a lot of people dont realize is, kansas was built around embiid, dumping the ball down to embiid, which was a great strat, cause he was so good. So offense wasnt built around wiggins, and their point guard was a ball hog shooter.

And yet, wiggins did fine, except for 2-3 games where he lost his confidence in his shot by jacking up some bad 3s early, those games he went for sub 10 point totals.

His second jump, his length and quickness were able to create stats, contributing stats, rebounds, put backs, fast breaks. Very rare were points from plays designed for him.

While parker was the focus on duke, the team was built around him jacking shots. And yet stats are very similiar for the two.

I don't know if I'd say that Kansas built their offense around Embiid, they did get him the ball a lot on the block when he was in, but he only played 22 minutes per game.

Self doesn't like to give a lot of responsibility to freshman, definitely agree that Wiggins didn't get much drawn up for him. Some of that probably has to do that his handles are pretty loose, so they didn't let him run pick and rolls or anything like that. That's the biggest thing he needs to work on is tightening up that dribble.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-28-2014, 05:41 PM
MJ comparisons for Exum :eek:

Setting the kid up to fail

Some scout forgot who compared him to baby Jordan in UNC.

He reminds me of a young, 1982-circa North Carolina Michael Jordan," Fraschilla told American radio program ESPN LA.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/aussie-dante-exum-like-a-young-michael-jordan-20140305-346ma.html#ixzz35yMTyWf6

hawksdogsbraves
06-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Some scout forgot who compared him to baby Jordan in UNC.

He reminds me of a young, 1982-circa North Carolina Michael Jordan," Fraschilla told American radio program ESPN LA.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/aussie-dante-exum-like-a-young-michael-jordan-20140305-346ma.html#ixzz35yMTyWf6

I've also heard comparisons to young Kobe, albeit not as explosive an athlete.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-28-2014, 05:44 PM
I've also heard comparisons to young Kobe, albeit not as explosive an athlete.

Interesting comparisons. I thought his highlights showed a TON of potential.

D-FENS
06-28-2014, 05:45 PM
Jabari Parker low BBIQ?

This has to be the worst post of the year so far. Obviously didn't watch any NCAA games.

Jabari Parker is up there with Kyle Anderson in terms of offensive IQ.

STATUTORY
06-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Ok, what about his game shows his potential? He's not a good shooter who doesn't have good form and doesn't shoot FTs well. He's not a good passer and he's not strong. He's also just a decent athlete not any kind of freak. He also turns the ball over. Where does his potential lay? He has a quick first step? He didn't look like it against marcus smart.

He played 11 international games in 2013. How many of those did you see? Because almost all of the other guys in the draft played at least 30 against far better competition. So I assume that you're saying that you can say someone will be the best of this draft yet you know the least about them? That's sound reasoning.
mentality is also a big factor. His favorite players is Kobe, need I say more?

When I ran recruiting for a Forbes 500 company, that was one of the interview question I asked. Who's your favorite player, if I didn't hear Kobe. That applicant didnt get the job

Jabari Parker low BBIQ?

This has to be the worst post of the year so far. Obviously didn't watch any NCAA games.

I was talking about perception

chocolatethunder
06-28-2014, 05:49 PM
mentality is also a big factor. His favorite players is Kobe, need I say more?

When I ran recruiting for a Forbes 500 company, that was one of the interview question I asked. Who's your favorite player, if I didn't hear Kobe. That applicant didnt get the job

I was talking about perception
Then you must think that Randle is going to be a stud because he said he "idolized" Kobe growing up.

hawksdogsbraves
06-28-2014, 06:00 PM
Jabari Parker low BBIQ?

Eh, Parker seems like a bright kid, but I never got the sense that his basketball IQ was spectacular. He's definitely not much of a creator or distributor.

Kyle Anderson is on another level with respect to that, he averaged 6.5apg last year for crying out loud, (Parker averaged 1).

salwan
06-28-2014, 06:28 PM
parker will bring similar things to the table like melo - scoring and good rebounding for his position. I can see him max out at 25ppg and 8rpg.

wiggings will be artest on the pacers with better athleticism.

embiid will be the second best bigman in the league after davis.

smart will be jordan 2.0 obviously :pimp:

RedBlackAttack
06-28-2014, 08:21 PM
He's not much of a ball handler or distributor at all.

That's why I don't like the Igoudala comparisons, Igoudala is more of a point forward, he is/was a great passer for a wing.
Yes, at this stage, this is correct. Then again, that's one of the reasons I thought he was a great fit in Cleveland. Having Kyrie and Dion take care of the ball-handling/distribution will free Andrew up to play off the ball, come off screens, back-door cuts and get out in transition... all of which will be key in Blatt's offense.

He's probably not going to be the type of player right out of the gates that will get the ball at the top of the key or on the wing and have tons of success in isolation. But, I'm hoping Blatt takes us away from that kind of limited, unimaginative offense anyway.

And, Wiggins has already shown to have skills off of the ball.

The Shawn Marion comparisons seem pretty on the mark, at least right now... And, that's no slight. Marion was one of the best SFs in the NBA for damn near a decade.