PDA

View Full Version : "Orlando should have picked Exum."

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:07 PM
Why do people say this? People who haven't watched a single clip of him. People who know nothing but his wingspan and height. While Hennigan and his crew scouted him more than any other team did in the draft. GMs said that he was hiding his shot in workouts, he was a little overhyped, etc. But somehow people think they know more than the guy who scouted him. Based on... nothing. I've never seen a guy hyped so much based off of games against scrubs. Hilarious. I never wanted Exum. :oldlol:

coin24
06-28-2014, 03:15 PM
Damage control:lol

Magic screwed up big time.. Can't expect much else from a loser franchise:cheers:

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Damage control:lol

Magic screwed up big time.. Can't expect much else from a loser franchise:cheers:
Lakers won't be in the playoffs for 5 years at the least. Kobe is done. TOPKEK

STATUTORY
06-28-2014, 03:16 PM
:roll: dude is gonna be a laker in 3 years anyways. ease up on the sour grapes jameer

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:17 PM
:roll: dude is gonna be a laker in 3 years anyways. ease up on the sour grapes jameer
Aren't you a Knicks fan bud? :roll:
When's Melo leaving? :roll:

NBAplayoffs2001
06-28-2014, 03:18 PM

Didn't Shaq ditch you guys and win 4 titles.

Lord Bean
You are so angry :oldlol:

STATUTORY

:roll: you think Orlando is making the playoffs next year? I know knicks willl!

qrich
06-28-2014, 03:19 PM
I've seen a shit ton of Gordon, considering I'm right across the street from the UoA, and the Magic struck out with that pick. The very maximum potential that Gordon possesses is a poor man's Shawn Marion without anything resembling a consistent jump shot.

Could've drafted DeAndre Daniels and have received more production.

coin24
Lakers won't be in the playoffs for 5 years at the least. Kobe is done. TOPKEK

:roll: :roll:

Lakers will be in the playoffs next season, your loser team is lottery bound for the foreseeable future :oldlol:

Rest in piss jameer:cheers:

Jameerthefear
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:20 PM
I've seen a shit ton of Gordon, considering I'm right across the street from the UoA, and the Magic struck out with that pick. The very maximum potential that Gordon possesses is a poor man's Shawn Marion without anything resembling a consistent jump shot.

Glad you know more than a guy who's paid millions of dollars to do his job :oldlol: Someone should hire you!

no pun intended
06-28-2014, 03:20 PM
Why do people say this? People who haven't watched a single clip of him. People who know nothing but his wingspan and height. While Hennigan and his crew scouted him more than any other team did in the draft. GMs said that he was hiding his shot in workouts, he was a little overhyped, etc. But somehow people think they know more than the guy who scouted him. Based on... nothing. I've never seen a guy hyped so much based off of games against scrubs. Hilarious. I never wanted Exum. :oldlol:
http://i.imgur.com/19NYmRw.jpg

coin24
06-28-2014, 03:21 PM
How do you go from #4, #12 and Afflalo to what the magic ended up with??:lol :lol :lol

NBAplayoffs2001
06-28-2014, 03:21 PM

is jameer also coming out of the closet in this post? I don't get it :confusedshrug:

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:22 PM
:roll: :roll:

Lakers will be in the playoffs next season, your loser team is lottery bound for the foreseeable future :oldlol:

Rest in piss jameer:cheers:
Lakers in the playoffs next season?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Over who? Who will they be better than? Phoenix won 48 games without Bledsoe last season and they MISSED the playoffs. Healthy Bledsoe the whole season? Their in. Dallas will likely be in. Memphis was injured a good portion of the season and they still made it. Their in. Pelicans, Sacramento, and Denver all improved and are much better than L.A. They will all miss. So who do they beat out? :roll:

Meticode
06-28-2014, 03:23 PM
So all those times about you supporting Exum or you bitching right after Gordon was picked in the chat were trolling or what?

qrich
Glad you know more than a guy who's paid millions of dollars to do his job :oldlol: Someone should hire you!

I'd do much better in getting a return for Afflalo than Fournier and #56, guaranteed :roll:

Uncle Drew

i want him. him and the cute voice <3
hennigan has seen him play and really likes him so that is enough for me.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344105

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:24 PM
I'd do much better in getting a return for Afflalo than Fournier and #56, guaranteed :roll:
Sure you would little tyke :roll:

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:25 PM
This is a really good photoshop. :oldlol:
Link to the post if it's real bud.

Uncle Drew
06-28-2014, 03:26 PM
He deleted the post. :oldlol:

qrich
Sure you would little tyke :roll:

This little 14 year old virgin is on major damage control right now. Meltdown is nearly on the level of CF86.

In one of the weakest conferences in sports history, Orlando still won't make the playoffs :roll:

no pun intended
He deleted the post. :oldlol:
Damage control confirmed.

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:27 PM
How could I have deleted the post? I'm not a mod.

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:28 PM
This little 14 year old virgin is on major damage control right now. Meltdown is nearly on the level of CF86.

In one of the weakest conferences in sports history, Orlando still won't make the playoffs :roll:
Sure they won't :roll:

Uncle Drew
06-28-2014, 03:31 PM
http://puu.sh/9ObCn/85e0fe17ab.png

Take Your Lumps
06-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Well, Orlando's definitely not going to be boring to watch, we know that much...but for which reasons is what we don't know yet. They're building a core group of guys that genuinely want to be there.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/magic/sites/default/files/styles/main_gallery_photo__480_tall/public/comboshots1_1000_062814.jpg

Oladipo will be even better his second year...you know he's going to improve every year for at least 3-5 years before he plateaus or takes another leap.

I think the x-factor for them coming into next season is Tobias Harris. How much better will he be? It's technically going to be his 4th season but he's only really played 2 full NBA season's worth of games so far. This needs to be his breakout year where he scores 20ppg or I think they need to move him. I think he can do it when healthy...he averaged 17ppg in his first 30 or so games for ORL.

I think Exum could be good but I don't think the Magic wanted to hand the keys to an 18 year old straight out of Australian HS...they just don't have that luxury like Utah does where he can come in under Trey Burke.

Gordon is 18 but you can drop him into just about any team and he'll be effective right away just playing off instincts/speed/athleticism/defense.

Payton started school early so he has 3 full years of college under his belt AND he's still only 20 years old.

I just hope Orlando has one hell of a shooting coach. If they can get these new guys to improve on their shots even a little bit and they can keep the turnovers under control, they're going to be fun to watch.

HylianNightmare
06-28-2014, 03:37 PM

As a magic fan I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a rich mans marion. Buti still can't believe we passed smart and exum

STATUTORY
06-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Well, Orlando's definitely not going to be boring to watch, we know that much...but for which reasons is what we don't know yet. They're building a core group of guys that genuinely want to be there.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/magic/sites/default/files/styles/main_gallery_photo__480_tall/public/comboshots1_1000_062814.jpg

Oladipo will be even better his second year...you know he's going to improve every year for at least 3-5 years before he plateaus or takes another leap.

I think the x-factor for them coming into next season is Tobias Harris. How much better will he be? It's technically going to be his 4th season but he's only really played 2 full NBA season's worth of games so far.

I think Exum could be good but I don't think the Magic wanted to hand the keys to an 18 year old straight out of Australian HS...they just don't have that luxury like Utah does where he can come in under Trey Burke.

Gordon is 18 but you can drop him into just about any team and he'll be effective right away just playing off instincts/speed/athleticism/defense.

Payton started school early so he has 3 full years of college under his belt AND he's still only 20 years old.

I just hope Orlando has one hell of a shooting coach. If they can get these new guys to improve on their shots even a little bit and they can keep the turnovers under control, they're going to be fun to watch.

that cores gonna look damn good in purple and gold in 3 years

Orlando forever the developmental league team for lakers :applause:

MP.Trey
06-28-2014, 03:38 PM
How could I have deleted the post? I'm not a mod.
:biggums:

Dude gonna act like he doesn't know how to delete his own posts? :oldlol: It's literally two buttons to click, edit then delete.

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:39 PM

I think the x-factor for them coming into next season is Tobias Harris. How much better will he be? It's technically going to be his 4th season but he's only really played 2 full NBA season's worth of games so far. This needs to be his breakout year where he scores 20ppg or I think they need to move him. I think he can do it when healthy...he averaged 17ppg in his first 30 or so games for ORL.

Only thing that worries me about Payton is that he HAS had 3 years of college and his jumper is still so poor. Oladipo will make a big leap I feel. Especially switching to his natural position. Tobias is... not sure. I feel like he can be an allstar but he still has to work a lot. I don't know if his work ethic is the same as Oladipo's. Like you said on the break they are going to be VERY fun to watch. Lotta oops hopefully. So excited for Orlando Pro Summer League.

Meticode
06-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Don't need to, look at all the other posts...

Exum Workout Was a Wow (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343192) - Chad Ford

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Exum Wants to be Drafted by the Magic (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324842) (February 2014)

http://bit.ly/1fvNi1U

:applause:

How Good Is Exum? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326900) (February 2014)

The likely future Orlando Magic superstar. (or Wiggins.) Doesn't play college ball so I need some opinions.

Report: Exum is the Magic's #1 choice (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339152&page=2)

I like Exum and Oladipo as our future backcourt. They can both play PG and they can both play SG. Should be interesting.

Jameer's reply:

Super sized backcourt. I like it.

NugzFan
06-28-2014, 03:52 PM

wow, as little credibility as you used to have, you now have none (assuming this isnt some pure trollish move by you).

just keep being the whiny, annoying, bipolar homer that you are, making your daily 12 worthless magic threads, and we will all keep laughing at your and not giving any or your posts any respect. all this negativity you brought on yourself. congrats.

KyrieTheFuture
06-28-2014, 03:55 PM
This guy will be a Ricky Rubio who can't defend.

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 03:57 PM
This guy will be a Ricky Rubio who can't defend.
Not a good comparison imo. He hasn't shown near the passing ability of Ricky yet.

longtime lurker
06-28-2014, 04:02 PM
Nice job picking Michael Kidd Gilchrist part 2 with the 4 pick. You guys could have gotten traded down for him. Orlando now has 3 players that are the exact same player. Oh and great job on the Affalo trade :applause:

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 04:04 PM
Nice job picking Michael Kidd Gilchrist part 2 with the 4 pick. You guys could have gotten traded down for him. Orlando now has 3 players that are the exact same player. Oh and great job on the Affalo trade :applause:
Do you have autism? Which 3 players are the same?

Meticode
06-28-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm guessing he's referring to Harkless and Harris, just a hunch though.

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm guessing he's referring to Harkless and Harris, just a hunch though.
That wouldn't even make sense. They are not similar in any way.

Meticode
06-28-2014, 04:12 PM
That wouldn't even make sense. They are not similar in any way.
You don't make sense half the time, so that's fine.

D-Rose
06-28-2014, 04:13 PM
I agree with Jameer. We've seen a hell of a lot more of Payton than Dante. Dante is ALL potential. Orlando got a player w/ as much potential as Exum in Gordon, yet still got their PG of the future.

Great draft.

bigkingsfan
06-28-2014, 04:13 PM

Say hello to google cache :pimp:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:R_ScgXa36J0J:www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D344105+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

longtime lurker
06-28-2014, 04:14 PM

All Harkless, Harris and Gordon are all tweeners you dip sh!t. Well you'll be in the lottery next year so maybe your team can finally get something right.

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 04:16 PM
All Harkless, Harris and Gordon are all tweeners you dip sh!t. Well you'll be in the lottery next year so maybe your team can finally get something right.
Except Harkless can guard the SF spot so that isn't even a problem. And their games aren't similar AT ALL. You literally just said since they are the same height they are the same player :roll: :roll:

aboss4real24
06-28-2014, 04:16 PM
Gordon is a way better player then exum

dont know y ppl trippin

magic da right choice

CHi1PriDe
06-28-2014, 04:17 PM

Not so sure about. Rookie head coach, new system, bargnani/maybe Melo/and stat as the front court, Calderon can't guard shit and dalembert playing half ass as always. No defense and no rebounding. Maybe in 2015 but not this year.

Levity
06-28-2014, 04:17 PM
damn, french fry. you're salty as fvck. just pipe down already.

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 04:18 PM
According to LL Blake Griffin=Kevin Love. Their the same height right? :roll:

Meticode
06-28-2014, 04:19 PM

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:R_ScgXa36J0J:www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D344105+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
:oldlol:

longtime lurker
06-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Except Harkless can guard the SF spot so that isn't even a problem. And their games aren't similar AT ALL. You literally just said since they are the same height they are the same player :roll: :roll:

Except I didn't say they're the same height you moron. Due you understand the meaning of the term tweener? It has nothing to do with height. I'm not going to bother explaining it to your remedial ass.

aboss4real24
06-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Magic will not make the playoffs 4 da next decade

gnna b a sad time 4 the ppl of Hoelando

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 04:26 PM
Except I didn't say they're the same height you moron. Due you understand the meaning of the term tweener? It has nothing to do with height. I'm not going to bother explaining it to your remedial ass.
tweener has a lot to do with height dipshit. do you even basketball?

gts
06-28-2014, 05:08 PM

:lol :lol :lol

outbreak
06-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Eh I'm not happy we passed on Exum but at the end of the day and after evaluating it more I don't think our picks are a big disaster or anything. I don't see Gordon or Payton being star players but they have every chance to be great contributing guys and if they pan out at least a little they should both be above average defenders for sure.

payton
oladipo
harkless
gordon
vucevic

gives us a great defensive core to build off (even if they can't shoot it's not as if this line up has to be set in stone or that we will be trying to contend with it) and supposedly they are all extremely team orientated and grounded which is actually one of the things hennigan said he would be looking for when he was fired hired. They all held themselves as good as any young kid has in the press conferences and all said the right things.

Our issue is still that we have no scorer at all, no one on our roster has the potential to be a go to guy on a nightly basis.

I think the big negative reaction is more to do with the fact we really need a face for this team and Exum had the potential to be that face, in basketball terms if we ignore the hype while I still think Exum will be a far better player down the road and I still wish we had him Gordon won't be a bust pick either.

I think orlando are playing for a longer tank than people have expected, I guess I don't mind this too much as I am of the belief that if you rush the job you end up mediocre and just destined for another tank after a couple years of first round exits.

I also think these picks leave us with a young core of assets where no body is untouchable any more, if we do have the opportunity to make a trade at some point we have a lot of flexibility in cap room and also in young players that can contribute right away on a team trying to contend with their defence and effort while not requiring the ball in their hands to get a few points.

I can't understate how dissapointed I imagine all orlando fans felt when we passed on Exum but I don't think it's doom and gloom and I don't think we took busts just took safer picks who don't have the potential the fans were thinking we would be targeting.

20Four
06-28-2014, 05:14 PM
Nobody likes jameer lmao....dont you guys see it? He has no friends at 14-15 years old, thats sad, isn't it summer time for you kids? Shouldn't you be out? Getting to know other people? But nope, your here 24/7 even your alt accounts have 1000+ posts in them, you must be sick in the head or something, I feel bad for you jameer, someone your age should be outside enjoying summer time with your friends, but since you have no friends you come here, and nobody likes you here either...lol

NugzFan
06-28-2014, 05:24 PM
I agree with Jameer. We've seen a hell of a lot more of Payton than Dante. Dante is ALL potential. Orlando got a player w/ as much potential as Exum in Gordon, yet still got their PG of the future.

Great draft.

its not a question of who is better - payton or exum.

its that jameer hyped exum for a month and bragged about how orlando would get him and got super excited about it.

then orlando passes on exum, takes gordon and now jameer is switching his story like a bitch.

zero cred.

D-Rose
06-28-2014, 05:25 PM

its that jameer hyped exum for a month and bragged about how orlando would get him and got super excited about it.

then orlando passes on exum, takes gordon and now jameer is switching his story like a bitch.

zero cred.
Yeah, that's ****ed, Jameer. Get your shit straight!`

CHi1PriDe
06-28-2014, 05:28 PM

zero cred.

Cmon jameer :facepalm

outbreak
06-28-2014, 11:54 PM
tweener has a lot to do with height dipshit. do you even basketball?
i'd say a big part of what can cause issues for a tweener is if they can handle the ball at all, Gordon can handle the ball pretty well from what I've seen and read.

JtotheIzzo
06-28-2014, 11:55 PM

I think Exum will be a bust.

dreamwarrior
06-29-2014, 02:23 AM
I despise exum. Look at the competition in his games. They are a joke. So he did well against our guys last year. I attribute that to confidence. Mcw is better than this guy

BigBoss
06-29-2014, 02:24 AM
Orlando sucks. Who cares.

WeGetRing2012
06-29-2014, 02:29 AM
5yrs from now we'll be saying they should have picked Smart

Meticode
06-29-2014, 03:22 AM
Orlando sucks. Who cares.
At the minimum? You.

Im Still Ballin
06-29-2014, 07:48 AM
PM me for exclusive rare photo of Exum. Serious.

DukeDelonte13
06-29-2014, 09:48 AM
this really reminds me a lot of the Dion Waiters pick at #4.

T-Rob and Barnes still on the clock and both were thought to be better prospects, and eventually it turned out that they weren't.

Nobody knows until after 2/3 years whether or not its the right choice.

If ORL got the opportunity to work those guys out and made the pick, that's fine with me.

Jameerthefear
06-29-2014, 09:52 AM
this really reminds me a lot of the Dion Waiters pick at #4.

T-Rob and Barnes still on the clock and both were thought to be better prospects, and eventually it turned out that they weren't.

Nobody knows until after 2/3 years whether or not its the right choice.

If ORL got the opportunity to work those guys out and made the pick, that's fine with me.
:applause:

BoutPractice
06-29-2014, 09:58 AM
Exum is a superstar to bust prospect, Gordon a role player to star prospect. Take your pick.

Do you want a range that goes from out of the league to all-NBA first team, or from Kenneth Faried to Shawn Marion?

SexSymbol
06-29-2014, 10:02 AM
It's obvious Jameer's pretending and "trolling" and that he's older, he stated that himself in the past a couple of times, but even at an older age this is pathetic, so many posts that you don't believe in, so much time wasted.
But whatever, live your life however you want, basement dweller

smoovegittar
06-29-2014, 10:06 AM
wow, as little credibility as you used to have, you now have none (assuming this isnt some pure trollish move by you).

just keep being the whiny, annoying, bipolar homer that you are, making your daily 12 worthless magic threads, and we will all keep laughing at your and not giving any or your posts any respect. all this negativity you brought on yourself. congrats.
Well put. He feels he owns you if he gets any kind of response. Attention whore. Maybe one day he'll figure it out; he can't be THAT bad of a kid. :rolleyes:

Boarder Patrol
06-29-2014, 10:11 AM

What a fvcking terrible argument

"Why do people think the Knicks should have taken Artest over Weis? They scouted him, so they know better than you"

:facepalm

Fvcking idiot :roll:

Jameerthefear
06-29-2014, 10:13 AM
What a fvcking terrible argument

"Why do people think the Knicks should have taken Artest over Weis? They scouted him, so they know better than you"

:facepalm

Fvcking idiot :roll:
Comparing a genius like Hennigan to any shit GM on the Knicks is hilarious :roll: My toppest keks to you.

Boarder Patrol
06-29-2014, 10:13 AM

Owned :applause:

Boarder Patrol
06-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Comparing a genius like Hennigan to any shit GM on the Knicks is hilarious :roll: My toppest keks to you.

Henny was pretty high on my GM list but after the Afflalo trade not sure why anyone is trusting him :lol

Also traded back a future 1st AND a future 2nd to move up 2 fvcing spots. Dude has had an awful couple of days :lol

Jameerthefear
06-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Henny was pretty high on my GM list but after the Afflalo trade not sure why anyone is trusting him :lol

Also traded back a future 1st AND a future 2nd to move up 2 fvcing spots. Dude has had an awful couple of days :lol
No. He traded a heavily heavily protected pick to move up two spots. He basically traded 2 2nd rounders to get the guy he wanted. Good move.

Boarder Patrol
06-29-2014, 10:17 AM
No. He traded a heavily heavily protected pick to move up two spots. He basically traded 2 2nd rounders to get the guy he wanted. Good move.

In addition to Saric, the #Sixers will receive a 2017 first-round pick from the Magic.

From ESPN

Jameerthefear
06-29-2014, 10:19 AM
From ESPN
2017 first round draft pick from Philadelphia
Philadelphia's 1st round pick to Orlando protected for selections 1-11 in 2017 or 1-8 in 2018; if Philadelphia has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Orlando by 2018, then Philadelphia will instead convey its 2018 2nd round pick and 2019 2nd round pick to Orlando
I don't see Philly making the playoffs anytime soon.

Boarder Patrol
06-29-2014, 10:21 AM
2017 first round draft pick from Philadelphia
Philadelphia's 1st round pick to Orlando protected for selections 1-11 in 2017 or 1-8 in 2018; if Philadelphia has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Orlando by 2018, then Philadelphia will instead convey its 2018 2nd round pick and 2019 2nd round pick to Orlando
I don't see Philly making the playoffs anytime soon.

I highly doubt Philly isn't a playoff team, or at least out of the bottom 8, by 2018. It's distant but that's very likely a 1st.

Jameerthefear
06-29-2014, 10:23 AM
And plus we didn't lose our first rounder, we gave them back theirs.

GimmeThat
06-29-2014, 10:44 AM
I don't think they wanted to build around Exum/Oladipo

similar to them not wanting the 2 guard position to be stacked with 2 not combo guards.

sure, in retrorespect this may turn out to be the wrong choice.

maybe.

but if the Magic makes the playoff this year based off of how they retool with the rest of the offseason.

they certainly get a free pass.

may be acceptable if they end up signing Bledsoe/Collison and ends up 9/10th

coin24
06-29-2014, 10:59 AM
Jameer still making a fool of himself :lol
Defending a GM that fu*ked up #4,#12 and an afflalo trade!!
Magic will be in the lottery again next season:roll: :roll:

GatorKid117
06-29-2014, 12:14 PM
From Zach Lowe about the Afflalo trade:

It’s absolutely fair to wonder if Orlando might have gotten a first-round pick for Afflalo had it searched out other deals or waited for Afflalo to become a hotter commodity among teams that strike out on free agency’s biggest fish. But by all accounts from sources around the league, the Magic did scour the market properly and even found offers that would have returned a future first-rounder for Afflalo. They may have simply liked Evan Fournier that much, valuing his immediate production above what they might have nabbed from a younger guy a draft or two down the line.

The Magic have enough rookies. Fournier has an interesting skill set, he can shoot 3s, and he’ll get the consistent rotation spot in Orlando he could never nail down on Denver’s deeper roster. The Nuggets also had a trade exception to absorb Afflalo’s salary, meaning they didn’t have to send any matching money back to Orlando — a key consideration for a Magic team hoarding cap space like a squirrel in winter. The Magic already had avenues to max-level cap room, but more is always better. You never know what opportunities might come up, and they may want to guarantee the full amount of Jameer Nelson’s contract to retain his locker-room leadership.

Understand: The only teams dying to get Afflalo are contenders and those determined to make the postseason. Most of those teams are capped out, meaning they’d have to send some unpleasant salary back Orlando’s way. Denver was the exception.

And veterans on expiring contracts just haven’t carried much market value in terms of luring first-round picks in return. Afflalo is a nice player, but he’s a bit overrated, especially as a defender, and he can walk after next season. Look back at all the deals since the lockout in which teams have surrendered a future first-rounder, and you’ll find very few in which a team sent out a player on an expiring deal and received a first-round pick in return.

The two deals that match that model involve big men (Omer Asik to New Orleans, Marcin Gortat to Washington) who were flipped to playoffs-or-bust teams in desperate need of a center. Big men are always going to be more valuable than wings on the league’s talent totem pole. Teams have had better luck acquiring first-rounders by swallowing unwanted salary — Charlotte in the Ben Gordon deal, Utah last summer, Cleveland for taking on Marreese Speights, Phoenix for doing the Wolves a solid with Wesley Johnson, etc.

The Magic went through this two seasons ago, when they couldn’t find a first-rounder for J.J. Redick’s expiring contract. A first-rounder for Afflalo would have been a clear win.

That said, they could have gotten that win, and opted against it. This is a bet on Fournier. Let’s see how it works.

I'm not going to pretend like I've watched a bunch of Fournier but if this was Henny's thought process about the trade, I can get behind it. Just going to have to wait and see.

Meticode
06-29-2014, 12:16 PM
Jameer still making a fool of himself :lol
Defending a GM that fu*ked up #4,#12 and an afflalo trade!!
Magic will be in the lottery again next season:roll: :roll:
This was expected anyway. Even if they traded for the #1 pick and took Wiggins.

GimmeThat
06-29-2014, 12:36 PM
This is what happens when you like your young talent and you don't feel like spending money at the moment.

At least Jameer won't be walking around telling people they can't talk to him until they have more accolades

NugzFan
06-29-2014, 12:38 PM
And plus we didn't lose our first rounder, we gave them back theirs.

You still lost a first rounder idiot

Koresh
06-30-2014, 12:35 AM

F*g, don't sit here and lie. You made a freaking scouting report on Dante Exum and you said the 3 reasons why I want the Magic to draft him and the #1 reason was because he was cute. Now you're going to sit here with a straight face and say you didn't want the Magic drafting him and he is overhyped? Go back to jacking off to Hentai, punk ass bitch.:biggums:

Google is your enemy. We have ways to finding out the truth, you fairy.

Your little scouting report thread.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339241

Photo evidence of you saying he had a cute voice. Photoshopped? GTFO.

http://i62.tinypic.com/25zrm6v.jpg