PDA

View Full Version : Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Haslem have all opted out

Nash
06-28-2014, 03:49 PM
Bosh and Wade expected to take around 15m of the salary cap.

Riley going to work now.

D-Rose
06-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Bosh and Wade expected to take around 15m of the salary cap.

Riley going to work now.
You mean 15 mill each, right? Bosh expected to want a 5 yr 15 mill/yr deal. Miami is only team that can offer him that.

Haven't heard anything about Wade, but 15 mill sounds reasonable in terms of what he will get.

Riley is a genius. His speech really worked...

HylianNightmare
06-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Ruh roh

VengefulAngel
06-28-2014, 03:52 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/f5c2fa.png

BasedTom
I think it would be better to use the money to build a deep team instead of just hoping for Melo. Look at the Spurs, and how Chicago had that great as hell bench mob a while back.

1~Gibson~1
I'd be suprised if LeBron takes anything less than 18.

I think they give hin a max tho. Pat Riley is gm right?

Nash
06-28-2014, 03:53 PM
I think it would be better to use the money to build a deep team instead of just hoping for Melo. Look at the Spurs, and how Chicago had that great as hell bench mob a while back.
yeah, Melo is not needed at this point. He would not make this team bigger or better defensively.

BigTicket
06-28-2014, 03:54 PM
Miami's first goal should be improving at the center position. They need more rebounding, and moving Bosh back to his natural position would help his game a lot.

The best candidates out there are Kaman and Okafor.

livinglegend
Hopefully, they go after Gortat. They need a defensive center.

D-Rose
I agree. I don't think they have him in mind too much.

They need size and ball handling, deeper bench, someone on the wings to rest Lebron/Wade. FA are going to salivate for the opportunity.

Lowry has to be their top target, right?

livinglegend
Miami's first goal should be improving at the center position. They need more rebounding, and moving Bosh back to his natural position would help his game a lot.

Gortat is the best candidate. Kaman and Okafor suck.

BigTicket
06-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Hopefully, they go after Gortat. They need a defensive center.

Gortat will be too expensive for them, he's going to be looking for $10M per year.

nathanjizzle
these muther ****ers are getting paid under the table. wade bosh taking 13, but getting paide 3 million under. lebron taking 15 but getting paid 3 mill under. #the cheatles. #the collusion.

Nash
I'd be suprised if LeBron takes anything less than 18.

I think they give hin a max tho. Pat Riley is gm right?
Lebron taking 18 makes no sense, especially if they want a better team. What is the point really? 3m would get this team a long way. Bron is rich as hell and he's the one gaining the most out of all of this, he should take less than 18.

livinglegend
I agree. I don't think they have him in mind too much.

They need size and ball handling, deeper bench, someone on the wings to rest Lebron/Wade. FA are going to salivate for the opportunity.

Ariza would be great on the wings. Good defensive player that can shoot and can run on the fast breaks. Great fit for Miami.

navy
06-28-2014, 03:57 PM

This is a small ball league. And Bosh is a huge mismatch alot of the time.

I think they get a center, but Bosh will certainly play most of post first quarter minutes at the 5

1~Gibson~1
I think Gortat stays in Washington but he's sti a possibility.

When do we figure out what the cap will be? And what will it be (guess)? ~58M?

PJR
What's a repeater tax? :lol

D-Rose
06-28-2014, 03:58 PM

Supposed to be 62 I believe.

livinglegend
Gortat will be too expensive for them, he's going to be looking for $10M per year.

I dont know their cap situation, but if they can afford him ( it seems like they cant), he would by far be the best fit.
Kaman is clearly not what they are looking for. They need a rim protector and Kaman is far from that.
Okafor is always hurt. Heat doesnt need another Wade.

VengefulAngel

it's 55m cap space.

Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN

BigTicket
06-28-2014, 04:00 PM

This is Lowry's only chance to really get paid. I think he'll go for $50-60M and a chance to be a star, rather than half of that as a fourth option in Miami.

Nash
06-28-2014, 04:00 PM
45m for the big 3+5m for Napier, Cole and Haslem equals 50m. Offer Gortat 10m and you'll be 3m under the salary cap for somebody like Marvin Williams. Guys like Allen, Lewis, Okafar and the rest could go for the min vet and let Arison pay the luxury tax out of his own pocket. Lebron and the big 3 make him so much money.

Any owner at this point would pay the luxury tax to have those guys in their team. I guess a big part of this was the big 3 sending Mickey Arison a massage. They didn't like the amnesty of Mike Miller at all.

livinglegend
06-28-2014, 04:01 PM

I think they get a center, but Bosh will certainly play most of post first quarter minutes at the 5

Teams are figuring out that trap defense. Players are getting old for that defense. Heat will need to change their defensive system a little. They ll need a good rim protector for that.

1~Gibson~1
06-28-2014, 04:01 PM

Theres a lot of small ball in the nba right now but you still have to have a legit rim protector and Miami doesnt have that.

If you watched the finals youd realize that the heat llst because of all the straight line drives the spurs got, andwwhenever the heat were even CLOSE to defending it they just kicked it out for a either a three or another drive n kick.

You really shouldnt start out playing small ball, it should be something you use as a change of pace during the game. Miami only got away with it for so long because of their length and help defense. But eventually the top tier teams will figure you out and stop it.

1~Gibson~1
06-28-2014, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=VengefulAngel]it's 55m cap space.

VengefulAngel
06-28-2014, 04:05 PM
I mean what is the salary cap for each team this season? I believe it was something like ~62M for this season IIRC

Cap Maximum -- 63,200,000

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nba/2014/

Frozen1
06-28-2014, 04:06 PM
They are receiving money under the table on their switzerland bank accounts.

1~Gibson~1
06-28-2014, 04:15 PM
So if the cap is at 3, lets do simple math really fast.
63 - (lebrons max $26) - (bosh $15) - (wade $15) = only ~7M

Give or take a little if Wade signs for more or less.

The best move for thr Heat is probably to scratch the Melo idea and supplement the team with CONSISTENT fole players... key word, consistent. Problem is, how many of those players can you get for cheap? They have to figure out a away to sign 9 more guys with 7mil :lol

]

VengefulAngel
06-28-2014, 04:16 PM

The best move for thr Heat is probably to scratch the Melo idea and supplement the team with CONSISTENT fole players... key word, consistent. Problem is, how many of those players can you get for cheap? They have to figure out a away to sign 9 more guys with 7mil :lol

]

You get mid level exceptions and vet mins also...

longtime lurker
06-28-2014, 04:17 PM

]

You're forgetting Cole, Haslem, the 1st round pick and the cap holds for the roster spots they're under the cap. So yeah not even 7 million....

BigTicket
06-28-2014, 04:18 PM

]

Even if Lebron signed for the max, his contract wouldn't start at 26. Also you're allowed to sign players for the veterans minimum, even if you're already above the cap. Still they would be quite limited in what they could do.

chopchop20
06-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Lebron taking 18 makes no sense, especially if they want a better team. What is the point really? 3m would get this team a long way. Bron is rich as hell and he's the one gaining the most out of all of this, he should take less than 18.

Why should Bron give money back to his billionaire owner?

1~Gibson~1
06-28-2014, 04:24 PM
You get mid level exceptions and vet mins also...
I thought you only get the MLE if youre already over the cap?

And youre right about the vets min, but those players are usually 8th/9th/10th or possibly the last player off the bencg. Could come in handy tho.

coin24
06-28-2014, 04:25 PM
How many all stars does bran need to win Pauk? Sorry... Nash:lol

Shameless betas

aboss4real24
06-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Lowery is going to the heat

GimmeThat
06-28-2014, 04:35 PM
On July 11, 2012, Johnson was traded to the Brooklyn Nets for Jordan Farmar, Anthony Morrow, Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, DeShawn Stevenson and a 2013 first round draft pick.

where's that pic of Jack Nicholson goes "yes, this is all apart of the plan"

Uncle Drew
06-28-2014, 04:36 PM
http://puu.sh/9OgF1/18bc8d155a.png

aboss4real24
06-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Melo would never play 4 this trash as s team :lol

Meticode
06-28-2014, 04:40 PM
I hope Bosh doesn't opt out just to make this interesting...

navy
06-28-2014, 04:50 PM
:facepalm

He's fvcking shit up. If he opts in trade that nikka.

MC Gusto
06-28-2014, 04:50 PM
these muther ****ers are getting paid under the table. wade bosh taking 13, but getting paide 3 million under. lebron taking 15 but getting paid 3 mill under. #the cheatles. #the collusion.
Better to pay those three under the table than to do it for Joe Smith.

MC Gusto
06-28-2014, 04:52 PM
How exactly is LeBron gaining the most out of this? You think that Wade and Bosh should be making equal money to LeBron after watching 3 years of them together?

1~Gibson~1
06-28-2014, 04:54 PM
You're forgetting Cole, Haslem, the 1st round pick and the cap holds for the roster spots they're under the cap. So yeah not even 7 million....
Youre right. Haslem is reportedly getting ~3M + Cole 2M + their first roundrr....

Welp, there goes all of their $ :oldlol:

MC Gusto
06-28-2014, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=VengefulAngel]it's 55m cap space.

MC Gusto
06-28-2014, 04:57 PM
:roll: :roll:

1~Gibson~1
06-28-2014, 04:59 PM
He SHOULD take the max. At some point you have to stop and think... are the owners screwing us or what?

Same situation in college ball. Heres my analogy btw, those players should be getting paid for all the money they make for their universities. Johnny Manziel, Cam Newton those types of players deserve more than simply a scholarship.

LeBron deserves more than 18M too, I just used that as a base number to quantify how generous he MIGHT be.

MJ(Mean John)
06-28-2014, 05:06 PM
He SHOULD take the max. At some point you have to stop and think... are the owners screwing us or what?

Same situation in college ball. Heres my analogy btw, those players should be getting paid for all the money they make for their universities. Johnny Manziel, Cam Newton those types of players deserve more than simply a scholarship.

LeBron deserves more than 18M too, I just used that as a base number to quantify how generous he MIGHT be.

Cam got paid $200K to go to Auburn.

(e)
06-28-2014, 05:08 PM
First year of max deal for Lebron would be $22.12 million if the cap is in fact set at $63.2 million.

I can't imagine he would take less than the $20.5 million he was due next season on his old deal he opted out of.

Some of you guys are forgetting Cole is still under contract at $2.15 million. Napier's cap hold is $1.032 million. Then you have cap holds for remaining empty roster spots, which will be something just north of $500k.

1~Gibson~1
06-28-2014, 05:09 PM
Cam got paid $200K to Auburn.
I was waiting for someone to say this. Trying paying someone under the table in the nba and see what happens though.

I hope you get the point anyways.

The Choken One
06-28-2014, 05:10 PM
LeBron needs even MORE help... LMFAO

Needs to take some notes on how MJ and Kobe did it. Dudes a certified bum.

stalkerforlife
06-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Betas gonna beta.

King LeBeta needs more help.

Fork
06-28-2014, 05:18 PM
LeBron needs even MORE help... LMFAO

Needs to take some notes on how MJ and Kobe did it. Dudes a certified bum.

So you want Lebron to have prime Shaq? :lol

The Choken One
06-28-2014, 05:28 PM
So you want Lebron to have prime Shaq? :lol
He'd just turn him into a 15 ft jump shooter.

So, I wouldn't mind.