PDA

View Full Version : John Wall and Bradley Beal will be the best backcourt in the NBA this season

Milbuck
06-28-2014, 08:49 PM
As I was watching the Wizards in the playoffs, all I could think is that these two guys are incredible talents. They

JohnFreeman
06-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Yep

navy
06-28-2014, 09:51 PM
Bledsoe and Dragic will be better than them.

Smook A.
06-28-2014, 09:52 PM
I don't think they're gonna be the best next season if Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson are still together, but they definitely will be at some point.

Meticode
06-28-2014, 09:53 PM
Beal really improved this last season. When you look at back at it him and Waiters we're about equal their rookie seasons, Waiters too a slightly small step forward and was the second best bench scorer in the league, but Beal took a complete next step.

Makes you wonder if Beal would've worked out better in Cleveland than Waiters has because the what you hear the Cavs general manager talking about is getting shooters on the team, and that's exactly what Beal is plus more.

Milbuck
06-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Beal really improved this last season. When you look at back at it him and Waiters we're about equal their rookie seasons, Waiters too a slightly small step forward and was the second best bench scorer in the league, but Beal took a complete next step.

Makes you wonder if Beal would've worked out better in Cleveland than Waiters has because the what you hear the Cavs general manager talking about is getting shooters on the team, and that's exactly what Beal is plus more.
Waiters is going to be a stud too. I don't buy the off-court crap and "conflict" rumors about him, he just seems like a competitive kid. I was just watching the rising stars challenge earlier today, where he and Hardaway Jr. went back and forth for like 2-3 minutes just draining 3s in each other's faces. He just has to channel that fire into his game more consistently and he'll be an all-star.

But I agree, Beal is really stepping up. Just 20 years old but sliced a great Bulls defense in his first playoff series for 20/5/4/1/1 on 57% TS. He might've worked out better in Cleveland, but I think Washington needs his shooting more. Kyrie's a terrific shooter...Wall not so much. Not saying Kyrie > Wall or the other way around, but Wall could definitely use Beal's range at his side.

Meticode
06-28-2014, 11:45 PM
Waiters is going to be a stud too. I don't buy the off-court crap and "conflict" rumors about him, he just seems like a competitive kid. I was just watching the rising stars challenge earlier today, where he and Hardaway Jr. went back and forth for like 2-3 minutes just draining 3s in each other's faces. He just has to channel that fire into his game more consistently and he'll be an all-star.

But I agree, Beal is really stepping up. Just 20 years old but sliced a great Bulls defense in his first playoff series for 20/5/4/1/1 on 57% TS. He might've worked out better in Cleveland, but I think Washington needs his shooting more. Kyrie's a terrific shooter...Wall not so much. Not saying Kyrie > Wall or the other way around, but Wall could definitely use Beal's range at his side.
Best game of last year, Waiters buzzer beater game winner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO8-fwBLAR0

Meticode
06-28-2014, 11:47 PM

I think part of his struggles earlier in the season was the way Mike Brown was handling him. Hopefully we don't have any locker-room shit any longer with Blatt there manning the ship.

Ultimately I want our starting lineup to have Wiggins, Waiters and Irving starting and all working together to win games, not worry about how many points each of them are scoring.

JtotheIzzo
06-28-2014, 11:47 PM
Irving and Wiggins (with LeBron playing 3).:eek: :eek: :eek:

RoundMoundOfReb
06-28-2014, 11:48 PM
Only if Thompson gets traded.

Meticode
06-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Irving and Wiggins (with LeBron playing 3).:eek: :eek: :eek:
Why even post this bullshit? :oldlol: You attention whore!

JtotheIzzo
Only if Thompson gets traded.

Thompson plus Waiters for Brook Lopez?

Inferno
Only if Klay gets moved. :pimp:

JtotheIzzo
06-28-2014, 11:50 PM
Why even post this bullshit? :oldlol: You attention whore!

You haven't thought about it?

Meticode
06-28-2014, 11:54 PM
You haven't thought about it?
How can you not think about it when you have ESPN spewing the bullshit?

JtotheIzzo
06-28-2014, 11:57 PM
How can you not think about it when you have ESPN spewing the bullshit?

I think Miami 70%
Cleveland 25%
and Dallas 5%
are the only realistic landing spots for Bran. Anywhere else he gets crucified.

Cleveland got the number one pick again, who says they won't defy the odds again. Its been a long run of shit, the luck has to turn around.

Starting four #1 picks at the same time (Irving, Wiggins, Bran, Bennett) would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntG50eXbBtc

Legends66NBA7
06-29-2014, 02:43 AM
Curry and Thompson (If Thompson doesn't get traded), Dragic and Bledsoe (if they stay healthy), DeRozan and Lowry (if Lowry stays)... all 3 should be in contention with Wall and Beal.