PDA

View Full Version : Nets deny Jason Kidd's power play; give him permission to speak w/ Bucks

D-Rose
06-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Holy shit the dysfunction.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/28/denied-promotion-jason-kidd-gets-ok-to-talk-with-bucks/

[QUOTE]@daldridgetnt

Hotlantadude81
06-28-2014, 09:41 PM
If I'm the Nets owner, I'm sick to death of Jason Kidd.

D-Rose
06-28-2014, 09:42 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3644481/kiddwhoops.gif

Lawrence Frank's face ^

lolz

oh the horror
06-28-2014, 09:46 PM

This. He didn't an okay job this season. Middle of the line. This seems to be another occurrence in regards to Kidd and something in terms of him making a fuss.

They need a real coach there.

Haymaker
06-28-2014, 09:55 PM
Nets should let Kidd go and stop ****

D-Rose
06-28-2014, 10:00 PM
@KBergCBS 2m
Whatever happens in Milwaukee, difficult to imagine Kidd returning to Nets. "I don't see it," source said of bombshell turn of events.

Wow. I could see the Lakers giving him a look.

Also, could see Mark Jackson coaching in BKN.

hawksdogsbraves
06-28-2014, 10:01 PM
If I'm the Nets I'm saying, "See ya".

Kidd isn't nearly good enough of a coach to make these kinds of demands, show him the door.

To be honest, Kidd comes off as crazy here for demanding so much so soon without having proven ANYTHING.

That being said, he's definitely a better coach than Larry Drew.

navy
06-28-2014, 10:05 PM
kidd is an idiot

kidd2dwill
06-28-2014, 10:05 PM
would like to see hollins or jackson

D-Rose
06-28-2014, 10:07 PM
@WindhorstESPN 1m
Bucks coach Larry Drew & front office was unaware Jason Kidd was about to interview for their jobs, sources told ESPN

Wow, this is sad. Owner is meddling.

Meticode
06-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Jason Kidd saw what Fisher is going to get paid and was like, "What the hell? I got robbed and I'm a hall of famer unlike Fisher." :lol

PJR
06-28-2014, 10:09 PM
Jason Kidd seems like a mega douche to work with. First the Lawrence Frank stuff, and now this.

Haymaker
06-28-2014, 10:09 PM
Billy King is useless anyway. The Russian should kick him out too and get a proven GM.

niko
06-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Kidd's gone. There is no coming back from this. How do you (despite him graciously allowing King to stay and work for him) try to fire your boss? He was made a coach, with no experience, given unlimited resources to hire people and for payroll, he coaches one year (and let's be honest, they underachieved) and now right before Free Agency he's leaving them with no coach.

What a dick. It's funny because Netsdaily and other sites always trumpet him as the big draw for free agents (I'd assume everyone changes that opinion) and made fun of the Knicks for paying Fisher so much while the Nets paid Kidd so little.

BTW Net fans, you thought it was pretty funny when Kidd bailed on us in 2 seconds. Is it funny now?

Milwaukee is also ten levels of dysfunction, they have Kidd interviewing for their head coach and president's jobs.

JohnFreeman
06-28-2014, 10:11 PM
How is Billy King still a GM?

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 10:12 PM
Nets are an embarrassing team from top to bottom.

D-Rose
06-28-2014, 11:37 PM
As Woj and others have said, Kidd got reaaaaally pissed at the deal Fisher got. Prok was willing to pay him more, but Kidd was all about the power grab.

This is so ridiculous, I can barely believe it :roll:

‏@HowardBeck 1m
Two names Nets will definitely consider as next head coach: Lionel Hollins and George Karl. I wouldn't assume Mark Jackson.

Draz
06-28-2014, 11:42 PM
How much is fisher being paid and Kidd?

niko
06-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Nets are not hiring someone big money. Billy King is also not hiring a control freak after getting rid of Kidd. He's going to protect his job. Either lifer who doesn't want control (Karl, Hollins) or a college coach is coming.

Netsdaily already said no Mark Jackson, and they are the Nets mouthpiece for things like this (the Nets use them like Howard use to use his buddies during the Dwightmare to get his info out).

Curious on compensation. Nets have very little if any leverage. They can't let Kidd come back and poison the locker room. We;ve seen this act with him before, when he wants out, let him out or he'll turn everyone against the mgmt.

stalkerforlife
06-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Kidd was a great player. He was a great first year coach. However, now is not the time to make demands. He got a little ahead of himself.

Regardless, I want to see him on the sidelines somewhere. Great basketball mind.

niko
06-28-2014, 11:44 PM
How much is fisher being paid and Kidd?
Fisher 5 years $25 million. Kidd 3 years $8 million.

Nets kind of lowballed him but his agent must really suck.

D-Rose
06-28-2014, 11:44 PM
Nets are not hiring someone big money. Billy King is also not hiring a control freak after getting rid of Kidd. He's going to protect his job. Either lifer who doesn't want control (Karl, Hollins) or a college coach is coming.

Netsdaily already said no Mark Jackson, and they are the Nets mouthpiece for things like this (the Nets use them like Howard use to use his buddies during the Dwightmare to get his info out).

Curious on compensation. Nets have very little if any leverage. They can't let Kidd come back and poison the locker room. We;ve seen this act with him before, when he wants out, let him out or he'll turn everyone against the mgmt.

‏@HowardBeck 1m
Two names Nets will definitely consider as next head coach: Lionel Hollins and George Karl. I wouldn't assume Mark Jackson.

I still can't believe the poster on Realgm nailed this story lolol

leopoldstotch
06-28-2014, 11:45 PM
Danny Ainge right now

http://greenstreet.weei.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/The-Wolf-of-Causeway.gif

Jameerthefear
06-28-2014, 11:45 PM
What the hell is up with Kidd? Dude is completely full of it.

alanLA92
06-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Jason Kidd sucks.

/Thread

STATUTORY
What the hell is up with Kidd? Dude is completely full of it.
typical passive aggressive mulatto

biracial brothas shifty as hell. i never trust them.

leopoldstotch
let's reflect back to that Celtics-Nets trade.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1688490-breaking-down-boston-celtics-blockbuster-trade-with-the-brooklyn-nets

The final piece of this monstrous trade is the draft pick compensation that Boston received from the Brooklyn Nets. As reported by ESPN.com, the Celtics will receive the Nets unprotected first-round picks in 2016 and 2018.

The Celtics will also receive the Nets or Hawks 2014 pick after the season is completed, due to Atlanta's rights to swap picks with Brooklyn that year. In addition, the Celtics will have the same option to swap picks with Brooklyn in 2017, which could prove to be valuable as the Nets' window to contend will likely have closed by then.

These extra picks will provide the Celtics with two first-round picks in what is believed to be the most promising draft in years, as well as 7 additional picks from 2015 to 2018. With an increased value placed on picks since the adoption of the newest CBA, these draft picks and young assets put Boston in a great position to rebuild through either the draft or the trade route.

:bowdown: :bowdown: Ainge is a pimp.

niko
06-28-2014, 11:51 PM
I still can't believe the poster on Realgm nailed this story lolol
I have the Nets clocked. It's so easy to figure out how a team is going when you don't care if they win. Plus the Knicks are never logical...the Nets thought process is logical, wrong (they are way too self important) but logical.

niko
06-28-2014, 11:52 PM
typical passive aggressive mulatto

biracial brothas shifty as hell. i never trust them.
Maybe you don't understand the meaning of the term but Kidd is not passive aggressive. Going to the boss and saying "pay me or i want to leave" is not passive aggressive.

STATUTORY
06-28-2014, 11:52 PM
I have the Nets clocked. It's so easy to figure out how a team is going when you don't care if they win. Plus the Knicks are never logical...the Nets thought process is logical, wrong (they are way too self important) but logical.
nets is way more dysfunctional and screwed than the knicks

Jay Z exited at the right time

niko
06-28-2014, 11:55 PM
nets is way more dysfunctional and screwed than the knicks

Jay Z exited at the right time
Right now, yes. Not sure what Jay Z had to do with anything, after he left the Nets value went up. All he did was own a tiny piece, he had no control of anything.

Mr. Incredible
06-28-2014, 11:58 PM
He gone.

irondarts
06-29-2014, 12:05 AM
This dude wants Phil Jackson/Gregg Poppovich type power after 1 freaking year as a coach.

GTFO of here Kidd. Nets need to tell him to not let the door hit him on the way out.

niko
06-29-2014, 12:07 AM
Kidd fought with other players in Dallas, got traded to Phoenix. Had trouble with coaches in Phoenix, then beat up his wife. Went to Nets. After few years got Scott fired. Then got tired of new coach, got himself traded to Mavs. A year after title went to Knicks because Mavs were "cheap" and "too old". Left Knicks after a year to run to Nets leaving Knicks in lurch. Then left Nets..

He's just a dick.

STATUTORY
06-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Kidd fought with other players in Dallas, got traded to Phoenix. Had trouble with coaches in Phoenix, then beat up his wife. Went to Nets. After few years got Scott fired. Then got tired of new coach, got himself traded to Mavs. A year after title went to Knicks because Mavs were "cheap" and "too old". Left Knicks after a year to run to Nets leaving Knicks in lurch. Then left Nets..

He's just a dick.

he seemed fine on the knicks that year tho. i really thought he had matured into an elder statesman of the game. clearly i was wrong

niko
06-29-2014, 12:09 AM
he seemed fine on the knicks that year tho. i really thought he had matured into an elder statesman of the game. clearly i was wrong

He finished the season then walked in and said "i'm retiring" and then ten minutes later had the Nets job. Clearly he was making moves to leave while on the team.

JohnFreeman
06-29-2014, 12:10 AM
Here's the voicemail that Prokhorov's wife left on Jason Kidd's phone... #Nets
lol
https://vine.co/v/MF5Udz0FaUE

alanLA92
06-29-2014, 12:17 AM
Feel bad for Parker, most likely going to deal with this ass.

Meticode
06-29-2014, 12:19 AM
The Bucks just got one of the best players they've gotten in a a draft in a while, and now they're thinking of trading for Kidd to run shit? WTF...

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 12:31 AM
Kidd = Denzel at the end of Training Day

aboss4real24
06-29-2014, 12:37 AM
trash team, trash coach , trash organization

MC Gusto
06-29-2014, 12:45 AM

Lawrence Frank's face ^

lolz
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Frank is sitting there like, "what the **** is he doing?".

Milbuck
06-29-2014, 12:50 AM
Ok what the ****. Been skimming on all of this shit, I thought he was just gonna be a coach to replace Larry Drew. He's gonna be in the front office? :biggums:

irondarts
06-29-2014, 12:56 AM
Ok what the ****. Been skimming on all of this shit, I thought he was just gonna be a coach to replace Larry Drew. He's gonna be in the front office? :biggums:
He's going to run everything.

Good luck. :oldlol: :oldlol:

MC Gusto
06-29-2014, 12:58 AM
Kidd = Denzel at the end of Training Day
:roll: :roll:

MC Gusto
06-29-2014, 01:00 AM
Seriously though, what the hell? What the hell is wrong with the Bucks?

Purch
06-29-2014, 01:02 AM
:roll: :roll:
Someone make a gif of Denzel shopped with kidd's head getting shot by the Russians shopped with the nets owner :bowdown:

Milbuck
06-29-2014, 01:09 AM
He's going to run everything.

Good luck. :oldlol: :oldlol:
For ****'s sake, we have got to be the Sierra Leone of winning at basketball.

It hasn't even been a week since we struck gold in the draft, and we're already screwing everything up

irondarts
06-29-2014, 01:16 AM

It hasn't even been a week since we struck gold in the draft, and we're already screwing everything up
You could potentially have Larry Drew as Head Coach and Jason Kidd making all of the personnel decisions. :oldlol:

navy
06-29-2014, 01:19 AM
You could potentially have Larry Drew as Head Coach and Jason Kidd making all of the personnel decisions. :oldlol:
:biggums:

Why, Bucks, why? :oldlol:

R.I.P.
06-29-2014, 01:19 AM

Kidd in the beer capital of America. What could possibly go wrong.

Kidd: Listen Jabari you moron.

Jabari: It

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 01:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/F6QL5FR.jpg

WeGetRing2012
06-29-2014, 02:26 AM
It's only right that Mark Jackson gets the job! I'm praying for him :rockon:

bdreason
06-29-2014, 03:41 AM
Jason Kidd wants to play GM now? ahhhh how cute.

JohnFreeman
06-29-2014, 04:13 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 33m
"The Russians are done with Kidd," source tells Yahoo. Story on the demise of Nets-Jason Kidd partnership. http://yhoo.it/1qGcjhJ

Jasper
06-29-2014, 06:22 AM

Lawrence Frank's face ^

lolz
d-league coach with d-league player hug'n it out :lol

knicksman
06-29-2014, 06:43 AM

why??Billy King is the worst GM.

hawkfan
06-29-2014, 06:47 AM
Ilyasova to Hawks for Louis Williams and John Jenkins (both expirers).

Hawks get help at small forward.

Bucks get Williams to take Mayo's minutes.

uber
06-29-2014, 06:49 AM
Nets :roll: :roll:

KyrieTheFuture
06-29-2014, 07:01 AM
Honestly Kidd would probably be a better decision maker than billy king. He's the second worst GM in history behind Ted Stepien probably.

R.I.P.
06-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Honestly Kidd would probably be a better decision maker than billy king. He's the second worst GM in history behind Ted Stepien probably.

Yeah. Can

It's A VC3!!!
06-29-2014, 07:52 AM
The league is entering a disgusting era for coaches right now. And I think this started with Steve Kerr. Coaches shouldn't be getting paid 5 million a year nor have high end executive decisions. Coach needs to be a coach and manager needs to be manager and a executive needs to be an executive.

hawkfan
06-29-2014, 07:55 AM
The league is entering a disgusting era for coaches right now. And I think this started with Steve Kerr. Coaches shouldn't be getting paid 5 million a year nor have high end executive decisions. Coach needs to be a coach and manager needs to be manager and a executive needs to be an executive.

Except that players don't respect coaches paid on the cheap.

It's A VC3!!!
06-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Stupid ass franchises Knicks and warriors starting the era for overpaying for coaches. Thanks for ruining the league in that regard.

Harison
06-29-2014, 08:01 AM
Good for the Nets, they made a big mistake by hiring Kidd as a coach in the first place.

The candidates rumored seem solid choices, like George Karl. Mark Jackson would be okeish too.

kidd2dwill
06-29-2014, 08:13 AM
kidd as a person is a huge piece of sh*t, but that is known

bagelred
06-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Jason Kidd has balls the size of....uh....basketballs. Hmmm...I guess could have been more creative, but ya know, the sport is basketball....

This is a move Kidd should have waited another 2 years or so to try, at the end of his contract. It's simply too soon, and too reactionary to what others (Kerr, Fisher, SVG) are getting.

As for Bucks, why the F-CK would they want this unstable guy as Prez of their organization? I know Kidd is friends with owner but still....too risky.

GimmeThat
06-29-2014, 08:45 AM
Kidd/Nets blowing up ala Jordan/Wizard style

maybe the bucks would offer him the president position.
but I don't know if he can lay off his hustling personality and be okay with the salary position.

D-Rose
06-29-2014, 09:04 AM
This does have roster implications...

Does KG still want back in? Can they re sign Pierce/Livingston?

Also, if they hire Mark Jackson....can we have that guy coach Jason Collins?

jzek
06-29-2014, 09:06 AM

Face of the franchise :lol

jzek
06-29-2014, 09:08 AM
You want the craziest thing of all? This fan "carl2680" over on RealGM's boards posted this news on THURSDAY. He had it down to the details....def has sources. Every report since then has confirmed what he said lol.
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1330298

That seems like a great bball forum!

niko
06-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Stupid ass franchises Knicks and warriors starting the era for overpaying for coaches. Thanks for ruining the league in that regard.

This has nothing to do with the Knicks. We paid our coach what we felt was a fair wage, partially to offset something like this that was so stupid from happening, as well as to give him leverage with players. The Nets tried to cheap out with Kidd (he essentially lost money on that last Knicks year) and looked what happened. The Knicks hired a good guy. The Nets hired a bad guy. He was negotiating with you during the Knicks playoffs. He's a bad guy. Are you really a Nets fan, because this isn't the first time he ****ed you over....you do recall right?

The Knicks? We're fine. Net fans complaining about spending are ridiculous, your whole philsophy stems from overpaying. You have no other strategy.

niko
06-29-2014, 09:11 AM
This does have roster implications...

Does KG still want back in? Can they re sign Pierce/Livingston?

Also, if they hire Mark Jackson....can we have that guy coach Jason Collins?
Livingston's done. Has at least three suitors who will pay more than Nets, and that's not even getting into the teams with mid levels waiting on free agents.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-29-2014, 09:21 AM
Livingston's done. Has at least three suitors who will pay more than Nets, and that's not even getting into the teams with mid levels waiting on free agents.

True Livingston just played himself into a mid level job. I am very happy for the man because of all the adversity and injuries he had to deal with. Would have been a solid pro for sure if it wasn't for the injuries. Not an all star but a solid starter/backup.

niko
06-29-2014, 09:28 AM
I laugh at the fans begging for Mark Jackson, etc. If you get him, you have to completely change what you do. The entire offense, the way the team is built (he's not a by committee guy and the Net roster has 12 people who need to play). It basically erases one of the Net's big advantages, which was the continuity year over year.

Plus, why would Billy King bring in someone who will want control after this disaster?

smoovegittar
06-29-2014, 10:01 AM
Gee, no suprise here. The way he tanked on the Knicks the end of the '13 I knew something was up. He was a fantastic point guard, but he's a megalomaniac. Face of the Nets? Apparently, that can be bought too.

I feel bad for real Net fans who have to endure their whole franchise being run by ego tripping clowns who think they solve problems by throwing money at it. I know how it feels.... thank God NYC now has a clue. Good luck with big head, Milwaukee! :(

Jameerthefear
06-29-2014, 10:05 AM
Gee, no suprise here. The way he tanked on the Knicks the end of the '13 I knew something was up. He was a fantastic point guard, but he's a megalomaniac. Face of the Nets? Apparently, that can be bought too.

I feel bad for real Net fans who have to endure their whole franchise being run by ego tripping clowns who think they solve problems by throwing money at it. I know how it feels.... thank God NYC now has a clue. Good luck with big head, Milwaukee! :(
:roll:

SexSymbol
06-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Kidd is an overrated player, overrated passer, overrated coach and an overrated human being.

Kblaze8855
06-29-2014, 10:19 AM

Don Nelson, Pat Riley, Red, and plenty of others have done it all.

Just need the right guy.

CelticBaller
06-29-2014, 10:49 AM
Jason Kidd is a pos

wakencdukest
06-29-2014, 11:36 AM
Don Nelson, Pat Riley, Red, and plenty of others have done it all.

Just need the right guy.

They all put in decades as coaches first. This kind of reminds me of the era before the rookie pay scale, when players were coming into the league with no experience and demanding max contracts.

Lebron23
06-29-2014, 11:52 AM
this is a terrible news for the nets.

chocolatethunder
06-29-2014, 12:37 PM
True Livingston just played himself into a mid level job. I am very happy for the man because of all the adversity and injuries he had to deal with. Would have been a solid pro for sure if it wasn't for the injuries. Not an all star but a solid starter/backup.
Something must be wrong here because you aftually gave a realistic assessment of what Livingston could have been. Please post more.

wang4three
06-29-2014, 01:25 PM
I wanted Lionel Hollins since last season. Make it happen please.

Kblaze8855
06-29-2014, 01:41 PM
They all put in decades as coaches first. This kind of reminds me of the era before the rookie pay scale, when players were coming into the league with no experience and demanding max contracts.

Don Nelson retired as a player and became coach and GM of the Bucks like 2 weeks later.

Riley retired in like 77 to be a broadcaster and was the Lakers coach after a series of odd events in 1981. Not GM....but Jerry West was there.

Red was like 7-8 year younger than Jason Kdid is now when he took over the Celtics. Hed been a coach for like 5 years.

Red was so long ago the game/league was very different....but my point is that it happens.

You just...as I said...need the right guy.

Kidd showed signs of being that. He was about as respected as anyone could be as he ended his career.

LA Lakers
06-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Was than a rum n coke in his cup?

Nets fan 93
06-29-2014, 02:08 PM
Greedy Greedy Jason Kidd...... There's goes the chemistry yet again. Hopefully the next coach knows how to utilize a 20ppg center in Lopez

D-Rose
06-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Sam Amick saying Lionel Hollins is the front runner to replace Kidd....man, ****ing Lakers are gunna hire Byron Scott :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's A VC3!!!
06-29-2014, 04:58 PM
The fallout really started when Jason Kidd requested that the nets trade brook Lopez and Mirza teletovic for Larry Sanders and Ilyasova. Billy King said no and then Jason tried to go straight to upper management and get King removed. I'd prefer hollins too. Kidd was ok but too power hungry.

gigantes
06-29-2014, 06:01 PM
one day i'd really, really love to know how flexible kidd and nets mgmt actually were behind closed doors.

could kidd have been appeased by more money... even a LOT more money? was this whole powerplay a foregone conclusion or was there a chance of keeping him? does nets ownership understand that this (start of FO period) is absolutely the WORST time to be hanging on to a sense of betrayal?

i think after kidd gets fired from the bucks one day, there's the very good chance that he'll never work in the NBA again. but as i see it, there are actually four enormous losers in all this-- the nets, kidd, the bucks, and prokhy himself.

prokhy, because he went about this team-building thing all wrong, his team is going to go nowhere for years, and beyond kidd looking like a grade-A f-cktard, prokhy looks like a grade-A ultra-rich buffoon. although he did more than double his money with the nets purchase... assuming that means anything to him or anyone else.

hawksdogsbraves
06-29-2014, 06:11 PM
one day i'd really, really love to know how flexible kidd and nets mgmt actually were behind closed doors.

could kidd have been appeased by more money... even a LOT more money? was this whole powerplay a foregone conclusion or was there a chance of keeping him? does nets ownership understand that this (start of FO period) is absolutely the WORST time to be hanging on to a sense of betrayal?

i think after kidd gets fired from the bucks one day, there's the very good chance that he'll never work in the NBA again. but as i see it, there are actually four enormous losers in all this-- the nets, kidd, the bucks, and prokhy himself.

prokhy, because he went about this team-building thing all wrong, his team is going to go nowhere for years, and beyond kidd looking like a grade-A f-cktard, prokhy looks like a grade-A ultra-rich buffoon. although he did more than double his money with the nets purchase... assuming that means anything to him or anyone else.

I don't think Prokhorov really gives a shit about the Nets, hasn't he never even seen them play live?

el gringos
06-29-2014, 06:17 PM
The fallout really started when Jason Kidd requested that the nets trade brook Lopez and Mirza teletovic for Larry Sanders and Ilyasova. Billy King said no and then Jason tried to go straight to upper management and get King removed. I'd prefer hollins too. Kidd was ok but too power hungry.
Uh oh. Hope they don't take Kidd in Milwaukee. He might mess up the trade

Sanders, illyasova, mayo, Zaza
For
Hardaway jr, Larkin, thanasis, Ellington, dalembert

The JKidd Kid
06-29-2014, 06:22 PM
I don't think Prokhorov really gives a shit about the Nets, hasn't he never even seen them play live?

...What? He was at more than half the play off games and went to a bunch of regular season games. Yea he's paying millions of dollars and took the debt that they accumulated in jersey but he doesn't give a shit about the nets :facepalm . You people amaze me.

The JKidd Kid
06-29-2014, 06:23 PM
This is what's best for the Nets at this point. Kidd could've been a great coach but too jealous and power hungry.

gigantes
06-29-2014, 06:25 PM
no, sadly... quite the opposite in almost every way.

just too much like his neighbor dolan... little patience and his money burning a hole in his pocket.

Legends66NBA7
06-29-2014, 06:30 PM

He said that the Nets would win a title 3-5 years after he purchased them. I don't think he would go out of his way so much for this Nets team and not wanting them to win.

gigantes
06-29-2014, 06:36 PM
haha some of the comments over at netsdaily...

Can we un-retire his jersey?
And then let Teague wear the #5 to make sure it

AboutBuckets
06-29-2014, 06:37 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this trade would have been retarded for the Nets? I guess this would have been right in the middle of Sanders' emergence but still

aboss4real24
06-29-2014, 06:42 PM
How can any1 root 4 this trash a s s Team ?

Dont even have a coach, n he left them 4 da fu kkn bucks http://i.imgur.com/Xn22Uc0.png

Dasher
06-29-2014, 06:48 PM
I can understand Kidd thinking he's smarter than Billy King when it comes to personnel. His players, Livingston and Alan Anderson, provided way more bang for their buck than Billy King splashy destruction of the Nets future flexibility.

Skyscraper
06-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Kidd's gone. There is no coming back from this. How do you (despite him graciously allowing King to stay and work for him) try to fire your boss? He was made a coach, with no experience, given unlimited resources to hire people and for payroll, he coaches one year (and let's be honest, they underachieved) and now right before Free Agency he's leaving them with no coach.

What a dick. It's funny because Netsdaily and other sites always trumpet him as the big draw for free agents (I'd assume everyone changes that opinion) and made fun of the Knicks for paying Fisher so much while the Nets paid Kidd so little.

BTW Net fans, you thought it was pretty funny when Kidd bailed on us in 2 seconds. Is it funny now?

Milwaukee is also ten levels of dysfunction, they have Kidd interviewing for their head coach and president's jobs.

yep it's still funny.

but you make good points otherwise.

niko
06-29-2014, 07:05 PM

Nets ownership thinks that the Nets are this can't miss team, that every player loves them, will play for them cheaper, that they don't make mistakes. I don't get holding out for a first (which if they get it will be protected up the ass) at the possible expense of the start of the free agency period. They also have Pierce, and maybe Garnett watching this thinking WTF is going on? Is that worth a heavily protected first over two 2nds?

Long term, it's fine. Short term it's a real problem.

Milbuck
06-29-2014, 07:26 PM
Sources say Kidd is only being offered a head coaching job, will not have any front office power.

Source: Jason Kidd being offered Bucks coaching position only

A league source said the Milwaukee Bucks are offering Jason Kidd the opportunity to be the franchise's head coach but are not offering a front-office position.

Kidd, who coached the Brooklyn Nets last season, interviewed with Bucks owner Marc Lasry and Wesley Edens on Friday, the source indicated. The Bucks had received permission from the Nets to talk to him, the source said.

The stalemate over Kidd's arrival in Milwaukee apparently involves compensation the Nets want to release him from the three remaining years on his contract. The source indicated the Bucks are offering second-round picks while the Nets are requesting a future first-round pick.

Bucks general manager John Hammond and assistant general manager David Morway are remaining in their positions, the source said, and no interviews have been conducted for their jobs.

The source said the Bucks owners believe Kidd would be a strong candidate to help the rebuilding process with a young team.

Kidd got off to a rough start in his first year as coach in Brooklyn and nearly was fired in December but the team played well after Jan. 1 and reached the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. The Nets had a veteran team led by Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson and Kevin Garnett, and former Bucks player Shaun Livingston also played a key role in the backcourt for Kidd.

Larry Drew coached the Bucks last season on the first year of a three-year contract, after spending nine seasons in Atlanta, six as an assistant and three as head coach.

The Bucks went 15-67 last season to finish with the worst record in the league. They ended up with the No. 2 pick in the draft and selected Duke forward Jabari Parker on Thursday.

Pleasant surprise, guess we're not that incompetent after all. New ownership, new era. I'm really digging the prospect of having Kidd as a coach though. He showed a lot of potential towards the end of the season. He has his flaws and is clearly inexperienced, but we're far from a win-now situation. Even if he has no system and just lets the players do whatever they want, that'd be a hell of a lot better than Larry Drew deliberately destroying Giannis's development.

D-Rose
06-29-2014, 07:27 PM
It's all very confusing. Apparently Kidd interviewed on Friday w/ the Bucks owners in NY. Freaking day after the draft.

Poor Larry Drew. Seriously.

wakencdukest
06-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Don Nelson retired as a player and became coach and GM of the Bucks like 2 weeks later.

Riley retired in like 77 to be a broadcaster and was the Lakers coach after a series of odd events in 1981. Not GM....but Jerry West was there.

Red was like 7-8 year younger than Jason Kdid is now when he took over the Celtics. Hed been a coach for like 5 years.

Red was so long ago the game/league was very different....but my point is that it happens.

You just...as I said...need the right guy.

Kidd showed signs of being that. He was about as respected as anyone could be as he ended his career.

Wow, I didn't know that about Nellie, or Red for that matter. Kidd was smart on the court but off the court he never struck me as a very smart guy. I would think you would have to be an exceptional coach in the league with an exceptional grasp of team management to make that kind of request after such a short time.

niko
06-29-2014, 07:57 PM
There had to be tampering. Had to.

gigantes
06-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Nets ownership thinks that the Nets are this can't miss team, that every player loves them, will play for them cheaper, that they don't make mistakes...
they would have to have vodka IV drips at this point to believe all that.

kidd was going to be the nets' version of pop. granted the first year was rocky, but they had to think that it was all smoother sailing ahead... before this.

at this point if i was them, especially since kidd gained almost nothing by all this except vast public embsrrassment, i would explore the extreme longshot of giving him a raise and keeping him. get some world-class diplomat in there and work out all the hurt feelings, because kidd HAS to be humbled and wiser in the end... unless of course he really is clinically insane. in which case, just let him run to the bucks and be their problem after this.

but most likely all of that is hogwash and he's out of the league permanently in a couple years.

kidd2dwill
06-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Amin Elhassan @AminESPN

gigantes
06-29-2014, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=kidd2dwill]Amin Elhassan @AminESPN

Jameerthefear
06-29-2014, 09:07 PM
why do they even want kidd still?

Meticode
06-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Jason Kidd is officially an idiot. No organization should hire him in situation. The Bucks shouldn't even be discussing trading for him.

niko
06-29-2014, 10:14 PM
they would have to have vodka IV drips at this point to believe all that.

kidd was going to be the nets' version of pop. granted the first year was rocky, but they had to think that it was all smoother sailing ahead... before this.

at this point if i was them, especially since kidd gained almost nothing by all this except vast public embsrrassment, i would explore the extreme longshot of giving him a raise and keeping him. get some world-class diplomat in there and work out all the hurt feelings, because kidd HAS to be humbled and wiser in the end... unless of course he really is clinically insane. in which case, just let him run to the bucks and be their problem after this.

but most likely all of that is hogwash and he's out of the league permanently in a couple years.
I just don't hope the Nets think that embarrasing him by locking him in the organization is the way to go. I've heard him getting reassigned. All that does is make them look totally dysfunctional. If they want Pierce and Garnett not to run away screaming the play is let Kidd go (get two seconds), and hire a new coach right away, a strong veteran guy. Eventually you need to do that, why let it linger?

It's funny, the Knicks have done all of this shit before, and the Nets have to know the Knicks history obsessed as they are, and they are repeating all the mistakes one by one.

bagelred
06-29-2014, 10:23 PM
Does Jason Kidd actually comprehend that he'll have to live in Milwaukee? I'm not sure he realizes it....

hawksdogsbraves
06-29-2014, 10:32 PM
Jason Kidd is officially an idiot. No organization should hire him in situation. The Bucks shouldn't even be discussing trading for him.

Totally agree, I wouldn't want this nutball anywhere near my organization right now.

I don't know how the Bucks could think this will work out. Kidd is only going to cause problems.

The JKidd Kid
06-29-2014, 10:33 PM
I really thought (hoped) that Kidd had matured since his last tenure with the Nets. Guess I was wrong. Great player and my personal favorite of all time, but a terrible person. This is just embarrassing for Kidd, doubt it really has any effect on the Nets as they're universally viewed as the victim/right in this situation.

gigantes
06-29-2014, 10:34 PM
@niko,
as long as the bucks give a moderately protected #1 or better, oh well.

if they want to play hardball, i wouldn't mind filing tampering charges and reassigning kidd. then again, maybe it's too late since the nets already gave permission to talk.

i don't even know what matters anymore... the whole thing is so unreal. when you can't even last as long as larry brown, you should realise you have problems.

gigantes
06-29-2014, 10:38 PM
I really thought (hoped) that Kidd had matured since his last tenure with the Nets. Guess I was wrong. Great player and my personal favorite of all time, but a terrible person. This is just embarrassing for Kidd, doubt it really has any effect on the Nets as they're universally viewed as the victim/right in this situation.
of course it's going to have a big effect on the nets... a big portion of their master plan (pop-east) has just been blown out of the water.

not to mention this is dreadful for team morale and has to make every potential FO think twice.