PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem to train Embiid when he's healthy

Inferno
06-28-2014, 11:47 PM
http://www.whizwitsports.com/the-scoop/hakeem-olajuwon-to-train-joel-embiid-when-embiid-is-healthy

[QUOTE]This would be useful.

When the Sixers selected Kansas center Joel Embiid with the third overall pick in the NBA Draft on Thursday night, they had a pretty good idea that he wasn't going to play much (or at all) in 2014-15 due to his recent foot injury. The team seems fine with that as it gives him time to hone his game.

[B]Well Embiid is likely going to hone his game this season with one of the best to ever play it - Hakeem Olajuwon. Bleacher Report's Jason Kings reports Olajuwon reached out to Embiid and offered to train him once he is healthy. "I don

played0ut
06-28-2014, 11:50 PM
Lol he must be ecstatic as ****. He loves Hakeem.

poido123
06-28-2014, 11:51 PM
Future top 10 alltime.

I'll keep saying it til it happens :rockon:

STATUTORY
06-28-2014, 11:53 PM
:roll: hakeem trains everyone
his "post move" summer camp is such a scam. Just look at dwight
ni99a is the NBA version of the Nigerian prince

leopoldstotch
06-28-2014, 11:54 PM

:applause: :applause:

played0ut
06-28-2014, 11:58 PM

It's not a scam. He started out teaching for free. Once everyone started coming for lessons he started charging. It's not his fault Dwight doesn't have the fundamental footwork/soft touch. A bad student's just a bad student.

Kobe's benefitted from it. And have you seen his training vids? They're pretty good... he gives reasons for the spins, positioning, and little tricks (like jumping to catch a pass, and spinning as soon as you land-- opponents aren't ready for it).

Meticode
06-29-2014, 12:01 AM
Another off-season, another Hakeen training someone for a weekend and it amounting to nothing. I think the only person that took anything away from Hakeem who actually got better was Kobe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vww3lmLQQGM

Jameerthefear
06-29-2014, 12:01 AM
dwight made a huge leap when hakeem trained him. had his best season (2011)
i think the biggest thing about these lessons is that if u don't have the fluidity and touch you're not going to gain from them much. dwight did a bit but regresses to old habits still. embiid has that fluidity with his post moves already.

navy
06-29-2014, 12:05 AM
Another off-season, another Hakeen training someone for a weekend and it amounting to nothing. I think the only person that took anything away from Hakeem who actually got better was Kobe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vww3lmLQQGM
That's because Hakeem's moves are meant for people with nimble feet(guards). If you dont possess them naturally you arent going to get much better.

Embiid has them so it might work for him. :confusedshrug:

Nash
06-29-2014, 12:06 AM
not a scam.. a lot of players have done well through his teachings. Kobe obviously but also Lebron who used to be a joke in the post and is now down there constantly and actually just won the Pacers series playing at the post.

KingPush
06-29-2014, 12:07 AM
I can only imagine what the conversation on the phone sounded like :roll:

Meticode
06-29-2014, 12:07 AM
That's because Hakeem's moves are meant for people with nimble feet(guards). If you dont possess them naturally you arent going to get much better.

Embiid has them so it might work for him. :confusedshrug:
http://i02.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/121/595/250/1274668344269_hz-fileserver1_377180.jpg

KingPush
06-29-2014, 12:08 AM
BTW Embiid to Houston

played0ut
06-29-2014, 12:11 AM
dwight made a huge leap when hakeem trained him. had his best season (2011)
i think the biggest thing about these lessons is that if u don't have the fluidity and touch you're not going to gain from them much. dwight did a bit but regresses to old habits still. embiid has that fluidity with his post moves already.

Exactly. Dwight's more of a Patrick Ewing style.

R.I.P.
06-29-2014, 12:12 AM

True story. It

stalkerforlife
06-29-2014, 12:13 AM
So he's never going to train him?

Great story.

JohnMax
06-29-2014, 01:32 AM