PDA

View Full Version : If you replace LeBron with KD in the finals

BrownEye007
06-29-2014, 04:26 AM
Do the Heat win? I think so. The Spurs wouldn't be able to sag off Durant like they do Lebron and the floor spacing would better, thus increasing the teams 3pt% in general. It would hurt their defense but it wouldn't really matter since the Spurs scorched them anyway. There's no doubt the series would have been closer but does anybody else think there might have been a different champion?

KingPush
06-29-2014, 04:28 AM
Not sure if srs... Durant will be the only one on the team who can score. Plus he's shit at everything else but scoring. He doesnt have the all around game like Lebron. It'll be a san antonio sweep

Bron on the thunder doe.... :lebronamazed:

Kvnzhangyay
06-29-2014, 04:29 AM
Really bad attempt to disguise your hate for branbran

Lebron23
06-29-2014, 04:29 AM
Lebron actually puts up better number's than KD against the same Spurs Team.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 04:30 AM
Lebron shot 55 percent on jumpers in the finals....

JohnFreeman
06-29-2014, 04:31 AM
Durant sucked the whole playoffs

Warfan
06-29-2014, 04:32 AM
KD pretty much had a worse series against the same team and won't have a guy on his team that can drop 40. Not to mention his defense wasn't good at all and that was Miamis main problem

plowking
06-29-2014, 04:39 AM
The Thunder probably win with Bron on the Thunder. Serious.

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 04:49 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think it changes much. They seemed to be pretty similar players against the Thunder. They could score decent numbers but neither made a huge overall impact to stop the Spurs offense. Ibaka was a bigger factor than Durant was

BrownEye007
06-29-2014, 04:49 AM
The Thunder probably win with Bron on the Thunder. Serious.
:facepalm If he couldn't win already how is he gonna win with less help?

Kvnzhangyay
06-29-2014, 04:50 AM

Are you serious? Did you even bother to watch the finals this year?

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 04:52 AM

The Thunder have a better team than Miami besides Lebron.

Russell Westbrook> Wade
Ibaka> Bosh

and the Miami role players were all **** in the finals...

lilteapot
06-29-2014, 04:52 AM
Lebron actually made his perimeter shots consistently. So no, KD would lose.

plowking
06-29-2014, 04:54 AM

Great question.

BrownEye007
06-29-2014, 04:57 AM
The Thunder have a better team than Miami besides Lebron.

Russell Westbrook> Wade
Ibaka> Bosh

and the Miami role players were all **** in the finals...
Ibaka=Bosh
Miami role players>OKC role players
The thunder have Kendrick Perkins starting.

KingPush
06-29-2014, 04:58 AM
Ibaka=Bosh
Miami role players>OKC role players
The thunder have Kendrick Perkins starting.
Reggie Jackson>>> Every role player on the heat

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 05:05 AM
Ibaka=Bosh

You realize they put up similar numbers, but Ibaka is actually an elite defender, right?

And Westbrook > anybody on the Heat besides Bron

JohnMax
06-29-2014, 05:09 AM
Durant makes players better. Lebron and Westbrook make them worse. Bosh would be a 24/11 with Durant like he was in Toronto.

When Durant played without Westbrook. Everyone on the team was having career years. Thunder bench was the best in the NBA. As soon the cancer returned, they scored 5 points in game 6 against San Antonio.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 05:11 AM
Durant makes players better. Lebron and Westbrook make them worse. Bosh would be a 24/11 with Durant like he was in Toronto.

When Durant played without Westbrook. Everyone on the team was having career years. Thunder bench was the best in the NBA. As soon the cancer returned, they scored 5 points in game 6 against San Antonio.

Durant averaged 3 assists in the playoffs and 4 turnovers. Please stfu with your low class trolling.

Lebron23
06-29-2014, 05:12 AM
Durant averaged 3 assists in the playoffs and 4 turnovers. Please stfu with your low class trolling.

The guy is a pathetic troll. He's not even funny.

JohnFreeman
06-29-2014, 05:15 AM
:applause:

BoutPractice
06-29-2014, 05:31 AM
Did OP watch the Spurs-OKC series?

Durant not only got outscored (unusual for the greatest scorer in the planet) but also outplayed by Westbrook. He seemed tired and incapable of affecting the game with his shooting, but didn't particularly compensate by contributing in other areas.

By contrast LeBron, who's not supposed to be this supreme, unstoppable, all-time great scorer, scored with efficiency and ease against the Spurs. He was slightly inconsistent through the course of a 48 minute game, and he didn't get his teammates "involved" in the game, in every sense of the word, in a way that's probably necessary if you want to beat the Spurs.

But he put up a valiant effort and was almost single-handedly responsible for the one victory by the Heat in the series with a superb 35 point, 10 rebound takeover, whereas when the OKC gave the Spurs trouble it was mostly because of Westbrook (particularly his 40 point, 10 assist, 5 rebound, 5 steal performance in game 4 which gave OKC hope for an eventual series win).

Overall the picture is different: the 2014 MVP running out of gas due to overuse, versus the 2013 MVP performing up to his standards (despite being also quite worn, as the cramps demonstrate) but unable to win by himself against a great team.

NZStreetBaller
06-29-2014, 06:00 AM
Yoda voice: still win the spurs would

NZStreetBaller
06-29-2014, 06:04 AM
Reggie Jackson>>> Every role player on the heat

ray allen:coleman:

dunksby
06-29-2014, 06:09 AM
D.Wade would still drag the team down to ruin.

knicksman
06-29-2014, 06:11 AM
No doubt. Lebron just doesnt make his teammates better. Great leaders are unselfish that they let their teammates shine like russell, duncan, jordan, magic. Whereas lebron wouldnt do that because he wants all the stats. Theres a reason why robertson, iverson, marbury, westbrook are considered cancers. Too bad durant just have a cancer on his team.

knicksman
06-29-2014, 06:12 AM

Jordan averaged 4 apg in his 2nd 3 peat. LMAO at this idiot.

BoutPractice
06-29-2014, 06:30 AM
Let's not trade irrelevant numbers out of context.

The basic point is that is very difficult to argue that Durant performed better than LeBron against the 2014 Spurs when all the stats point to the opposite, and in fact even Westbrook fared better than him.

And I like Kevin Durant, if anything I'm biased for him.

I just cannot see any credible argument for the other side here. This is a losing battle from the start... Especially taking into account the fact that Durant was already looking tired in the WCF, so if you have him replacing LeBron in the Finals he should theoretically be in an even worse physical state.

If you absolutely want to recapitulate with numbers:

LeBron VS the 2014 Spurs, 4th round: +1 ppg, +1 rpg, -2 apg, +4 TS% points compared to regular season stats, playing for a team with a 4.15 SRS.

Durant VS the 2014 Spurs, 3rd round: -6 ppg, +0.5 rpg, -2 apg, -7 TS% points compared to regular season stats, playing for a team with a 6.66 SRS (ie, supposed to be better)

But magically if you replace LeBron in the 2014 Finals with Durant against the same 2014 Spurs he struggled against, he suddenly turns into Jordan, "seizes the moment", "takes over" etc.?

knicksman
06-29-2014, 06:34 AM
Let's not trade irrelevant numbers out of context.

The basic point is that is very difficult to argue that Durant performed better than LeBron against the 2014 Spurs when all the stats point to the opposite, and in fact even Westbrook fared better than him.

And I like Kevin Durant, if anything I'm biased for him.

I just cannot see any credible argument for the other side here. This is a losing battle from the start... Especially taking into account the fact that Durant was already looking tired in the WCF, so if you have him replacing LeBron in the Finals he should theoretically be in an even worse physical state.

We really dont know how thunder will perform at its best. They are carrying a cancer in westbrook. They were the best team in the NBA w/o westbrook and almost lost the 2nd seed to clippers with westbrook in the lineup.

VIntageNOvel
06-29-2014, 06:44 AM
against spurs,
goatbrook > durant & bron

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-29-2014, 06:49 AM
Spurs in 7
Heat wouldnt get blown out in 4/5 games

KD wouldnt cramp. Wade and Bosh were allstars there were no allstars on OKC besides KD. Their 3rd best player missed 2 games and they still made it a tough 6 gamer

knicksman
06-29-2014, 07:13 AM
at the end of the day, durant beat the same spurs while being on a back- to -back in the RS with westbrook out. But once westbrook came back, its clear that theres a power struggle. Westbrook wants to be the man. Even lakers fantastic 4 couldnt win against detroit(not even better than spurs or minnesota) once power struggle kicks in.

BrownEye007
06-29-2014, 02:49 PM
ray allen:coleman:
:applause: Thank you for answering him for me.

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 02:54 PM
I think the better question would be if you replaced Wade w/ Westbrook, would the Heat have won?

RRR3
06-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Do the Heat win? I think so. The Spurs wouldn't be able to sag off Durant like they do Lebron and the floor spacing would better, thus increasing the teams 3pt% in general. It would hurt their defense but it wouldn't really matter since the Spurs scorched them anyway. There's no doubt the series would have been closer but does anybody else think there might have been a different champion?
If you actually watched the finals this year, I find it hard to believe you truly think the spurs were "sagging off" LeBron. He was draining contested jumpers all series.

BrownEye007
06-29-2014, 03:01 PM
I think the better question would be if you replaced Wade w/ Westbrook, would the Heat have won?
It would improve their chances but Westbrook and Bron both need the ball a little too much for that to be a good combo. I'd still expect the Spurs to win.

Mr Exlax
06-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Replace Bosh with Dwight and the series drastically changes.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Replace Bosh with Dwight and the series drastically changes.

Replace Wade with Westbrook and the Heat may have taken this to 7.

Fudge
06-29-2014, 03:13 PM
I got Spurs in 6 or 7.

Swapping a player for the MVP/Best player in the world would do wonders. Who would've knew? :hammerhead:

Megabox!
06-29-2014, 04:08 PM
The outcome would still be the same