KD35Brah
06-29-2014, 01:47 PM
Bobcats
Nets
Meltdown Pacers.

Lol.

tpols
06-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Lebron shot very efficient in last year's playoffs too.. Didn't stop the spurs from mindfvcking him with his shot. Meh.. It's always just been Cherry picked FG ever since he got better teammates..

TMT
06-29-2014, 01:48 PM
If you watched a single game of the Finals you would know that he can shoot the lights out. His long ball especially was on point.

RRR3
06-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Cherry picked? Do you idiots even watch LeBron? He was hitting contested shots all finals. The spurs played him tight this year get a clue.

RRR3
06-29-2014, 01:50 PM
If you watched a single game of the Finals you would know that he can shoot the lights out. His long ball especially was on point.
Thank you. LeBron has become a great shooter. It took him a while but he did it.

TMT
06-29-2014, 01:53 PM
Thank you. LeBron has become a great shooter. It took him a while but he did it.

I think I looked at the stats a few weeks ago and he was like 12 for 18 from downtown in the Finals? Something like that. His jumper has come a long way even from just a season ago.

VengefulAngel

Lebron was great offensively, but didn't commit as much on the defensive side of the ball. He looked gassed, but was still one of the most effective playoff runs ever.

Anyone who tries to dispute it has to go look at where it ranks all time in terms of PER.

RRR3
Bobcats
Nets
Meltdown Pacers.

Lol.
And the champions the Spurs? Pretty sure LeBron had a great finals he was let down by his mates. Paul George and MKg are considered good defenders last time I checked

RRR3
06-29-2014, 01:55 PM
I think I looked at the stats a few weeks ago and he was like 12 for 18 from downtown in the Finals? Something like that. His jumper has come a long way even from just a season ago.
For sure. But like vengeful angel said his defense has regressed considerably.

Hands of Iron
B-b-b-but he can't shoot doe!

:yaohappy:

Which is why I don't understand why he was only attempting 18 shots per game in the Finals. He was practically the only one who showed up on the roster, it was probably a lost cause, but he had plenty more room to at least to down swinging. No reason not to be putting up at least 25 a game.

Lebron23
Bobcats
Nets
Meltdown Pacers.

Lol.

Lebron > Durant against the Spurs.

TheMarkMadsen
06-29-2014, 01:56 PM
Lowest playoff FGA per game in his entire career.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 01:57 PM
KD35 is confusing bad teams with bad defensive teams. Charlotte has a great defense, Nets were the only sub par defense they played. Pacers and Spurs are elite defenses.

RRR3
06-29-2014, 01:57 PM
Which is why I don't understand why he was only attempting 18 shots per game in the Finals. He was practically the only one who showed up on the roster, it was probably a lost cause, but he had plenty more room to at least to down swinging. No reason not to be putting up at least 25 a game.
He looked exhausted. In game 5 he tried to godown swinging jacking up threes but he seemed to quickly realize it was too late and got frustrated.

TMT
06-29-2014, 01:58 PM
For sure. But like vengeful angel said his defense has regressed considerably.

Yep. The guy was giving no effort all season long and just letting guys blow by him. His commitment to the defensive end never intensified, and he was consistently torched in the Finals by guys like Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:00 PM
The Heat were playing at really slow PACE, they really didn't get many shots during a game.

Lebron still had a usage rate which is consistent with year's past.

J Shuttlesworth
Would be relevant if he wasn't scoring over 27 a game

RRR3
Yep. The guy was giving no effort all season long and just letting guys blow by him. His commitment to the defensive end never intensified, and he was consistently torched in the Finals by guys like Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green.
Yeah he still made the all-d team hilariously though. I didn't watch much until the playoffs this year but from what I saw his D was poop.
#datkobetreatment

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:01 PM

Yep, I hope he doesn't coast through on defense and really commits this coming season. It's about developing habit's come playoffs time. The Spur's are best at using the regular season the right way.

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 02:02 PM
He had a great playoffs though. Put up great numbers against the two best perimeter defenders in the league in Leonard/PG

Fudge
He's better at taking pressured shots than he is open ones.

Can somebody tell me why doe?

Hands of Iron
He looked exhausted. In game 5 he tried to godown swinging jacking up threes but he seemed to quickly realize it was too late and got frustrated.

Yep, it looked to me like he had to be selective about when he could turn up the gas because he'd be lighting up the building one quarter and doing absolutely nothing the next. He needed some help and I don't put this one on him... Just a bit frustrating to see him play so exceptional in spurts to falling back again so drastically within the same game. His body was sputtering out on him at the worst possible time and it affected him defensively as well this year.

RRR3
06-29-2014, 02:03 PM

Idk I really am starting to feel like LeBronn has turned into Kobe a little bit.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:04 PM

Its pretty simple, expectation. Lebron plays best when he's not in his way. The problem with thinking to much when you're playing the game.

TheMarkMadsen
Would be relevant if he wasn't scoring over 27 a game

There's no excuse for the best in the world to only be taking 2 more shots per game than Tony Parker.

If Lebron can truly convert 57% of his shots w/o cherry picking then please tell me how it makes sense for him not to shoot more?

Especially when the team is getting blown out every game..

TMT
Yeah he still made the all-d team hilariously though. I didn't watch much until the playoffs this year but from what I saw his D was poop.
#datkobetreatment

It's not a question of skill to me at all, but it was his effort that was almost on a lowly James Harden level. :lol It was clearly just fatigue that was built up after 3 straight Finals runs. The all-defensive selection was a joke. But because of how much he had to put the offense on his back in the Finals this year, his exhaustion on the other end was understandable.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Yep, it looked to me like he had to be selective about when he could turn up the gas because he'd be lighting up the building one quarter and doing absolutely nothing the next. He needed some help and I don't put this one on him... Just a bit frustrating to see him play so exceptional in spurts to falling back again so drastically within the same game. His body was sputtering out on him at the worst possible time and it affected him defensively as well this year.

He's play the most games of any player in the last 10 years. I don't see the problem with trying to seek better team mates after looking at what he tried carrying in Cleveland.

navy
06-29-2014, 02:06 PM
There's no excuse for the best in the world to only be taking 2 more shots per game than Tony Parker.

If Lebron can truly convert 57% of his shots w/o cherry picking then please tell me how it makes sense for him not to shoot more?

So his teammates can get some shots. :confusedshrug:

TheMarkMadsen
#datkobetreatment

The media voted for all D this year..

Coaches have voted all of Kobes.

Fudge
Woops, I meant MAKING pressured shots. I just described Kobe in my original post.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:07 PM

He's a past first player, the problem during the Spur's series was he was looking to get his team involved in the first quarter. Meanwhile they were getting blown out. Needs to assert himself throughout the game.

Not every superstar will play like Kobe and MJ, in terms of having the ' the best shot for the team is the shot that I take' mentality.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:08 PM
Woops, I meant MAKING pressured shots. I just described Kobe in my original post.

We got it, moving away from trolling as much in these threads?

RRR3
06-29-2014, 02:08 PM
It's not a question of skill to me at all, but it was his effort that was almost on a lowly James Harden level. :lol It was clearly just fatigue that was built up after 3 straight Finals runs. The all-defensive selection was a joke. But because of how much he had to put the offense on his back in the Finals this year, his exhaustion on the other end was understandable.
It's understandable but I still expect LBJ to be better than "Haren-type" effort

TheMarkMadsen
06-29-2014, 02:10 PM

So his teammates can get some shots. :confusedshrug:

And when that style of play proves to not be working, and you're a guy who can convert 57% of your shots why isn't he shooting more??

He can make 57% of his shots

His team is getting blown out every game

Why not shoot more??

RRR3
06-29-2014, 02:12 PM

First of all, Tony Parker shoots too much.

Secondly, it's entirely debatable if LeBron is still the worlds best.

Fudge
06-29-2014, 02:14 PM
We got it, moving away from trolling as much in these threads?
How am I trolling, nut sack?

navy
06-29-2014, 02:14 PM
And when that style of play proves to not be working, and you're a guy who can convert 57% of your shots why isn't he shooting more??

He can make 57% of his shot

Why not shoot more??
"That" style of play has clearly been working.

Heat had pretty much the most efficient offense in the nba in the regular season and postseason. Even scored well in the Finals except the last two games where Wade tanked. :confusedshrug:

inclinerator
06-29-2014, 02:16 PM
bron was on fire, unfortunately so was every other spur

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:17 PM
First of all, Tony Parker shoots too much.

Secondly, it's entirely debatable if LeBron is still the worlds best.

I disagree, Lebron is clearly still by far the best player.

Playoff PER, Look at the minutes.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2mn1079.png

TheMarkMadsen
06-29-2014, 02:19 PM
He's a past first player, the problem during the Spur's series was he was looking to get his team involved in the first quarter. Meanwhile they were getting blown out. Needs to assert himself throughout the game.

Not every superstar will play like Kobe and MJ, in terms of having the ' the best shot for the team is the shot that I take' mentality.

If he's a pass first player then why are we supposed to awe at his FG%?

Magic shot 54% during championship seasons, does anybody ever bring that up to boost his greatness 20 years later?

No..

Because he's a pass first player who takes about 15 shots per game.

And Lebron would get his in the first quarter and look ready to dominate, then would seemingly disappear

SamuraiSWISH
06-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Exactly. FG% fools gold.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:21 PM

Magic shot 54% during championship seasons, does anybody ever bring that up to boost his greatness 20 years later?

No..

And Lebron would get his in the first quarter and look ready to dominate, then would seemingly disappear

Magic didn't have the offensive game that Lebron does, I agree I think he needs to assert his dominance more. Obviously got the balance slightly wrong.

navy
06-29-2014, 02:21 PM

No..

Lebron scores 27 point on 57%.

If that isnt something to awe at then you are just a hater.

Dude is feasting on offense by only "cherry picking". Must be the GOAT scorer. :oldlol:

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Exactly. FG% fools gold.

Would you prefer TS%...

http://i58.tinypic.com/10f55ed.png

Plus, stop using the word 'cherry picking', he was the most effective player in the half court in the playoffs.

TheMarkMadsen
06-29-2014, 02:24 PM

Heat had pretty much the most efficient offense in the nba in the regular season and postseason. Even scored well in the Finals except the last two games where Wade tanked. :confusedshrug:

It sure as hell didnt in 50% of the big 3's finals

SamuraiSWISH
Not in the Finals though, where it was clear as day he needed to score more volume than his typical 27 ppg average to help keep up with the Spurs blistering offense. Why pad the FG% by not shooting an extra few shots to put up around 30 - 32 ppg, on 50%? The only game Miami won was the one where Bron dominated scoring the ball, and put up 35 points. Correlation? Yes.

RRR3
Exactly. FG% fools gold.
As a Jordan fan you should appreciate efficiency. Jordan is the GOAT scorer (and GOAT period ofc) not only because he scored an insane amount but because he was excellent in efficiency as well

navy
06-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Would you prefer TS%...

http://i58.tinypic.com/10f55ed.png

27 points on 66.8% true shooting percentage. Imagine if this dude started chucking. GOAT scorer.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Not in the Finals though, where it was clear as day he needed to score more volume than his typical 27 ppg average to help keep up with the Spurs blistering offense. The only game Miami won was the one where Bron dominated scoring the ball, and put up 35 points. Correlation? Yes.

They got blown out nearly ever game, if he played proper minutes he would have averaged 30.

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 02:26 PM

Because it's a team game. When the other team is on fire, you can't win a game by just having one guy score. And LeBron is a team player, who normally gets a good amount of assists. That's more of his game than playing hero ball Kobe style.

pauk
06-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Bobcats
Nets
Meltdown Pacers.

Lol.

57/52/79 against Spurs....? :confusedshrug:

Fudge
06-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Because it's a team game. When the other team is on fire, you can't win a game by just having one guy score. And LeBron is a team player, who normally gets a good amount of assists. That's more of his game than playing hero ball Kobe style.
Boiled down doe

Hero ball=5/7
Team player=2/5

navy
06-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Not in the Finals though, where it was clear as day he needed to score more volume than his typical 27 ppg average to help keep up with the Spurs blistering offense. Why pad the FG% by not shooting an extra few shots to put up around 30 - 32 ppg, on 50%? The only game Miami won was the one where Bron dominated scoring the ball, and put up 35 points. Correlation? Yes.

The only game Miami won is where they held San Antonio to 17 points in the fourth quarter.

Miami's offense was fine in games 1-3. Games 4 and 5 it tanked. Lebron put up 19 points in the third quarter of Game 4 and they where still getting blown out. He had less than that in Game 2 your false correlation game and they won. :rolleyes:

SamuraiSWISH
As a Jordan fan you should appreciate efficiency. Jordan is the GOAT scorer (and GOAT period ofc) not only because he scored an insane amount but because he was excellent in efficiency as well
You're baseball stat geek, so all you see is numbers. He should've shot more to have greater effect on winning games in the Finals, or keeping them close.

There is a balance of volume / efficiency that needs to be met. I value both. LeBron pads his FG% with passiveness, tentativeness, or purposeful efficiency watching. Kobe guns for volume PPG, or hero shots. MJ is the equilibrium between both.

RRR3
LeBron isn't always aggressive enough yea but his defense (or lack thereof) was a bigger issue, although Wade was far worse.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Boiled down doe

Hero ball=5/7
Team player=2/5

Why are you credit Kobe for Shaq's achievements. Yes Kobe is a great player lets have some context in an argument. 10 year old kids give more educated responses than half the shit you decide to splurt out.

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Boiled down doe

Hero ball=0/1
Team player=2/5

fixed, my friend :cheers:

RRR3
06-29-2014, 02:30 PM
You're baseball stat geek, so all you see is numbers. He should've shot more to have greater effect on winning games in the Finals, or keeping them close.

There is a balance of volume / efficiency that needs to be met. I value both. LeBron pads his FG% with passiveness, tentativeness, or purposeful efficiency watching. Kobe guns for volume PPG, or hero shots. MJ is the equilibrium between both.
Stats matter but I've watched LBJ A lot during the heat era

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:30 PM

MJ is the GOAT, no wing player should be compared to him, no one else stands a chance.

SamuraiSWISH
06-29-2014, 02:31 PM
The only game Miami won is where they held San Antonio to 17 points in the fourth quarter.

Miami's offense was fine in games 1-3. Games 4 and 5 it tanked. Lebron put up 19 points in the third quarter of Game 4 and they where still getting blown out. He had less than that in Game 2 your false correlation game and they won. :rolleyes:
The Heat needed to play defense, goes without saying. We're talking about LeBron's performance. And they needed LeBron to score more than 27 ppg. Obviously. Who cares about a measley 7% efficiency if you're still shooting around 50% while putting up near 35 ppg volume? That's what they needed him to do. Especially games 3 - 5 where K. Leonard was basically outperforming him. You act like him shooting 3 to 5 more shots a game, and slight dip in FG% would've been harmful to the Heat. His aggressiveness would've helped. LeBron would get hot for a quarter, then not even try the next. There is a correlation, you're just to stupid to see it.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:31 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/289c2lc.png

Usage rate is the percent of the team's shots you take whilst you are in the game.

navy
06-29-2014, 02:32 PM
Boiled down doe

Hero ball=5/7
Team player=2/5
Hero ball is only 2/7 in the finals.

The other 5/7 that shit didnt work and was a clear detriment.

THere is a reason Shaq was winning FMVP and Kobe almost single handily lost the 2004 finals.

pauk
06-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Boiled down doe

Hero ball=2/7 (fmvps/the man championships)
Team player=2/5 (fmvps/the man championships)

fixed.

TheMarkMadsen
06-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Hero ball is only 2/7 in the finals.

The other 5/7 that shit didnt work and was a clear detriment.

THere is a reason Shaq was winning FMVP and Kobe almost single handily lost the 2004 finals.

Kobe playing hero ball with Pau (1x all star, never won a playoff game before Lakers) Gasol accomplished as much as Lebron with Wade & Bosh

SamuraiSWISH
06-29-2014, 02:38 PM
navy is basically defending LeBron saying 27 ppg on 57% is the absolute BEST he could've played in the Finals. Shouldn't have played better. It was just his teammates. Excuses, excuses. Pathetic. Talk about a LeApologist.

navy
06-29-2014, 02:38 PM
The Heat needed to play defense, goes without saying. We're talking about LeBron's performance. And they needed LeBron to score more than 27 ppg. Obviously. Who cares about a measley 7% efficiency if you're still shooting around 50% while putting up near 35 ppg volume? That's what they needed him to do. Especially games 3 - 5 where K. Leonard was basically outperforming him. LeBron would get hot for a quarter, then not even try the next. There is a correlation, you're just to stupid to see it.

It goes without saying because it is the correlation that should be noted. They would have needed way more than 35ppg from Lebron to win this series. That's what getting blown out from bad defense does. Lebron would get hot for quarters and return to normal, there werent many quarters where he just stopped trying.

This is what happens when people watch basketball overly focused on stars. They just stop paying attention. Lebron was fine in pretty much all the Games except Game 3. He kept turning the ball over in the second half and limited his and his teams scoring ability. Games 1-2? Fine. Game 4? Fine. Game 5? Not bad at all. Offensively that is. Defense was terrible all series.

RRR3
06-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Kobe playing hero ball with Pau (1x all star, never won a playoff game before Lakers) Gasol accomplished as much as Lebron with Wade & Bosh
Very simplistic argument that means literally nothing. LeBron is better than Kobe and always will be. Deal with it.

navy
06-29-2014, 02:40 PM
navy is basically defending LeBron saying 27 ppg on 57% is the absolute BEST he could've played in the Finals. Shouldn't have played better. Excuses, excuses. Pathetic.
I never said this. Pay attention. Not try to wiggle away with dumb hyperboles and false narratives.

RRR3
06-29-2014, 02:40 PM
It goes without saying because it is the correlation that should be noted. They would have need way more than 35ppg from Lebron to win this series. That's what getting blown out from bad defense does. Lebron would get hot for quarters and return to normal, there werent many quarters where he just stopped trying.

This is what happens when people watch basketball overly focused on stars. They just stop paying attention. Lebron was fine in pretty much all the Games except Game 3. He kept turning the ball over in the second half and limited his and his teams scoring ability. Games 1-2? Fine. Game 4? Fine. Game 5? Not bad at all. Offensively that is. Defense was terrible all series.
This. :applause:

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:41 PM
navy is basically defending LeBron saying 27 ppg on 57% is the absolute BEST he could've played in the Finals. Shouldn't have played better. It was just his teammates. Excuses, excuses. Pathetic. Talk about a LeApologist.

No he's saying that one player doesn't determine the outcome of that series. Lebron could have score 38 and they still would of lost the series. These games weren't close...

Fudge
Boiled down: LeBron had empty stats in the playoffs.

SpecialQue
What the hell? What brought this on?

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:42 PM

Meh, it's actually a decent discussion, which is almost impossible to find on here anymore.

navy
06-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Still fuller than your boy McGrady. :no:

RRR3
06-29-2014, 02:46 PM
I just remembered how crazy his shooting was this playoffs IDK. I have to feel good about something since my other two favorite players are either retired and playing minor league baseball (T-Mac) or too stoned to hit an open jumper (Chalmers).

SamuraiSWISH
06-29-2014, 02:47 PM
It goes without saying because it is the correlation that should be noted. They would have need way more than 35ppg from Lebron to win this series. That's what getting blown out from bad defense does. Lebron would get hot for quarters and return to normal, there werent many quarters where he just stopped trying.
Oh stop, dude went into his passive mode a lot in these Finals in games where he started so hot, he should've at least went down swinging individually if his teammates weren't bringing it ... going out with 40, 50, or even 60. You act like LeBron played so legendary yet they still lost despite of his heavy lifting because of crappy teammates.

Bottom line, he played to his ho-hum averages. He didn't go neyond that. AVERAGE for his standards.

Why are you such a damn apologist? Stop licking LeBron's asshole.

I can admit MJ played like crap after game 3 in 1996. Granted they won, but he should've played a lot better. Why do you have such a hard on for this guy? Anyone acting like LeBron couldn't have played better along with his teammates is flat out delusional.

This is what happens when people watch basketball overly focused on stars.
This thread is about LeBron's performance. Not the Heat in their entirety. Stop with the excuse making.

You have no problem with the praise of his fluffy FG% that no one should actually care about. Especially when his volume could've used far greater padding.

Don't play this woe is me card either. Like that soft AF LeBron did in yet another post game interview after game 4. You gutless fans of his deserve each other. Peas in a pod along with him.

:facepalm

SpecialQue
06-29-2014, 02:48 PM
I just remembered how crazy his shooting was this playoffs IDK. I have to feel good about something since my other two favorite players are either retired and playing minor league baseball (T-Mac) or too stoned to hit an open jumper (Chalmers).

Ah, ok. That first post seemed like a response to something else, like there was another Lebron troll thread going on that I didn't know about.

RRR3
06-29-2014, 02:48 PM
Still fuller than your boy McGrady. :no:
Whoa there! I'm on your side here, but don't go dissing TMac. He's my all time favorite :no:

RRR3
06-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Ah, ok. That first post seemed like a response to something else, like there was another Lebron troll thread going on that I didn't know about.
:cheers:
How stoked are you to get Randle btw?
He reminds me of Z-Bo.

VengefulAngel
Whoa there! I'm on your side here, but don't go dissing TMac. He's my all time favorite :no:

Go watch this again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3EqY5gPrcU

Skip to about 23 secs.

J Shuttlesworth
The Heat needed to play defense, goes without saying. We're talking about LeBron's performance. And they needed LeBron to score more than 27 ppg. Obviously. Who cares about a measley 7% efficiency if you're still shooting around 50% while putting up near 35 ppg volume? That's what they needed him to do. Especially games 3 - 5 where K. Leonard was basically outperforming him. You act like him shooting 3 to 5 more shots a game, and slight dip in FG% would've been harmful to the Heat. His aggressiveness would've helped. LeBron would get hot for a quarter, then not even try the next. There is a correlation, you're just to stupid to see it.
If he got 35 instead of 27... that's not going to make up for the 20 point blowouts. If you only have one guy scoring effectively, your team will not beat the Spurs

SamuraiSWISH
06-29-2014, 02:50 PM
No he's saying that one player doesn't determine the outcome of that series. Lebron could have score 38 and they still would of lost the series. These games weren't close...
No but they can certainly influence it, or make it more competitive. Or tip it in his team's favor. No sport other than basketball can one player have such an effect. See Wade single handedly carrying the Heat in 2006. You're just making excuses for LeBron. Guy played to his average level, never above and beyond. Him scoring more absolutely could've been the difference inc onsistently getting blown out, or a super quick 5 game series.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:51 PM
No but they can certainly influence it, or make it more competitive. Or tip it in his team's favor. No sport other than basketball can one player have such an effect. See Wade single handedly carrying the Heat in 2006. You're just making excuses for LeBron. Guy played to his average level, never above and beyond. Him scoring more absolutely could've been the difference inc onsistently getting blown out, or a super quick 5 game series.

Yep, even Lebron conceded this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmgl5FkDQfk

'I'm disappointed in myself, that I couldn't do more for my team'

SpecialQue
06-29-2014, 02:52 PM
:cheers:
How stoked are you to get Randle btw?
He reminds me of Z-Bo.

I like his attitude a lot. His foot kind of worries me, but I'll be fvcking thrilled if he can develop some Z-Bo skills (another one of my current favorites). I'm not expecting wonders this season, but I can't wait to see how this kid looks as the season progresses.

RRR3
06-29-2014, 02:53 PM
Go watch this again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3EqY5gPrcU

Skip to about 23 secs.
The T-Mac fan in me is living vicariously through LeBron because he's having the career I expected Tmac to have

Fudge
06-29-2014, 02:54 PM
The T-Mac fan in me is living vicariously through LeBron because he's having the career I expected Tmac to have
:no:

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:54 PM

Yep, Im actually sad Tmac didn't get the ring in 2013, would have been nice to see.

SamuraiSWISH
06-29-2014, 02:55 PM
If he got 35 instead of 27... that's not going to make up for the 20 point blowouts. If you only have one guy scoring effectively, your team will not beat the Spurs
Not entirely on paper. But it can boost morale, confidence, to see LeBron relentlessly aggressive. Instead of giving in to the score board, acceptng defeat and being passive.

Do any of you actually play sports? It's not done on a stat sheet, with calculators. Their are intangibles. That's why things like heart, will power, determination are referred to constantly.

Look at this clown ass J Shuttlesworth Heat apologist acting like LeBron going OFF for not just a quarter, but for half a game, a whole game couldn't inspire his teammates? Jesus man. Remove the Heat dildo from your ass Mrs. Riley.

Things like momentum, they can be shifted. The way you idiots talk, it's like there would never be such a thing as come from behind victories. If LeBron is as great as advertised, he should've besides just game 2, say **** this I'm taking over the damn game.

It's actually one of the few legit knocks on him. He doesn't have a great feel for when to dominate, and takeover. It stems from his fear of failure, his tentativeness, and front running attitude. History has shown LeBron gives up quite frequently like a female when the chips aren't stacked in his favor, or the outcome isn't so clear.

He's soft AF.

no pun intended
Efficient, but not dominant. Therefore, irrelevant.

RRR3
That's fair, ill agree with this. LeBron played great but I would have appreciated seeing him give a lot more effort.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 02:56 PM
Efficient, but not dominant. Therefore, irrelevant.

Much like this post.

HoopsFanNumero1
06-29-2014, 02:56 PM

Yeah, those 3-5 extra points would have prevented the Heat from getting blown out by 15+ points. You're a genius :applause:

RRR3
06-29-2014, 02:57 PM
Also I think we're getting away from my point in making this thread which was to point out that LeBron is officially an excellent shooter, even if took him a while.

RRR3
06-29-2014, 02:58 PM
Yeah, those 3-5 extra points would have prevented the Heat from getting blown out by 15+ points. You're a genius :applause:
I think swoosh's point is more that LeBron shooting more might not have changed the result but would have at least been worth a try and that he should have been more desperate to win.

SamuraiSWISH
06-29-2014, 02:59 PM
I just addressed this in another post. You're still a dumb ass. Go back to taking care of his kids, and licking his balls Savannah.

Yet another clown who think LeBron SHOULDN'T score more, or play beyond his normal regular season averages. Would it have won them the series? We don't know. He didn't do it. Consistent aggression could've changed a lot of things.

He should ask his teammate D. Wade about what it could've done for them. Hell, it may have even won them the series. We'll never truly know, because LeBron isn't aggressive like that. He doesn't replicate that game 6 v.s. Boston attitude near frequently enough when his team needs it.

But keep making excuses for this clown. Apparently 27 ppg on 57% is the absolute best anyone could ever perform.

Young X
06-29-2014, 03:00 PM
He had a great playoff run and had a solid finals series but there were certain moments in the finals where he should've stepped up and dominated and didn't (for example 1st Q of G4 - only took 3 shots/team got into 16 point deficit). He waited till it was too late to try and take over and alot of his scoring happened when the games were already decided. Can't happen.

no pun intended
Much like this post.
I'm glad you agree (:

TheMarkMadsen
Very simplistic argument that means literally nothing. LeBron is better than Kobe and always will be. Deal with it.

Lol

Exiting his prime Kobe was able to do just as much with Pau Gasol as prime Lebron did with 2 other all stars by his side for 4 years

Kobe>Lebron

Sorry buddy.

navy
06-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Oh stop, dude went into his passive mode a lot in these Finals in games where he started so hot, he should've at least went down swinging individually if his teammates weren't bringing it ... going out with 40, 50, or even 60. You act like LeBron played so legendary yet they still lost despite of his heavy lifting because of crappy teammates.

Bottom line, he played to his ho-hum averages. He didn't go neyond that. AVERAGE for his standards.

Why are you such a damn apologist? Stop licking LeBron's asshole.

I can admit MJ played like crap after game 3 in 1996. Granted they won, but he should've played a lot better. Why do you have such a hard on for this guy? Anyone acting like LeBron couldn't have played better along with his teammates is flat out delusional.

This thread is about LeBron's performance. Not the Heat in their entirety. Stop with the excuse making.

You have no problem with the praise of his fluffy FG% that no one should actually care about. Especially when his volume could've used far greater padding.

Don't play this woe is me card either. Like that soft AF LeBron did in yet another post game interview after game 4. You gutless fans of his deserve each other. Peas in a pod along with him.

:facepalm

Alot of these Final games? How about you actually watch them. He started out hot in Game 5 and Game 3. That's two games. I already stated what was wrong with his Game 3 performance. He was turning the ball over. IN Game 5, he returned to normal shooting averages.

I never once said Lebron had a legendary performance in these finals. Stop with the dumb hyperboles in an attempt to bolster your argument.

I never said Lebron didnt share some of the blame either. Played bad defense the entire series except Game 5 I guess, and was pretty much soley reponsible for the Heat's incapability to come back all the way in Game 3. Especially after Wade picked it up.

Dont bullshit me by twisting my shit to match some narrative you want to argue against.Your just wasting my time. Regurgitating your nonsense instead of actually replying to the points I was making. But Im just stanning it up. My bad. God forbid, I dont follow your preconceived narratives.

SamuraiSWISH
06-29-2014, 03:02 PM
I never once said Lebron had a legendary performance in these finals. Stop with the dumb hyperboles in an attempt to bolster your argument.
You're basically insinuating, in regards to his performance, scoring more wouldn't have mattered. Being aggressive wouldn't have mattered. He played the absolute best he could've. This isn't NARRATIVE, he should've scored more. Period. Hell, he agrees with me. Stop being a shameless apologist.

:rolleyes:

HoopsFanNumero1
06-29-2014, 03:02 PM
I just addressed this in another post. You're still a dumb ass. Go back to taking care of his kids, and licking his balls Savannah. Yet another clown who think LeBron SHOULDN'T score more, or play beyond his normal regular season averages. Would it have won them the series? We don't know. He didn't do it. Consistent aggression could've changed a lot of things. He should ask his teammate D. Wade about what it could've done for them. Keep making excuses for this clown.

A guy who literally want to suck Jordan's dick and fantasizes about it is telling me what to do :oldlol: . I only wish I had your level of intellect to realize that Lebron scoring 5 more points would have made all the difference.

SamuraiSWISH
06-29-2014, 03:05 PM
I only wish I had your level of intellect to realize that Lebron scoring 5 more points would have made all the difference.
My god the stupidity ... :eek: it's not literally about scoring 5 more ppg.

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 03:06 PM
Not entirely on paper. But it can boost morale, confidence, to see LeBron relentlessly aggressive. Instead of giving in to the score board, acceptng defeat and being passive.

Do any of you actually play sports? It's not done on a stat sheet, with calculators. Their are intangibles. That's why things like heart, will power, determination are referred to constantly.

Look at this clown ass J Shuttlesworth Heat apologist acting like LeBron going OFF for not just a quarter, but for half a game, a whole game couldn't inspire his teammates? Jesus man. Remove the Heat dildo from your ass Mrs. Riley.

Things like momentum, they can be shifted. The way you idiots talk, it's like there would never be such a thing as come from behind victories. If LeBron is as great as advertised, he should've besides just game 2, say **** this I'm taking over the damn game.

It's actually one of the few legit knocks on him. He doesn't have a great feel for when to dominate, and takeover. It stems from his fear of failure, his tentativeness, and front running attitude. History has shown LeBron gives up quite frequently like a female when the chips aren't stacked in his favor, or the outcome isn't so clear.

He's soft AF.
Damn why so serious :lol wtf? I make a simple comment and you get so butthurt over it, even though it wasn't anything remotely offensive.

Nobody is saying LeBron played a perfect finals, but his scoring really wasn't the issue. If you had heard that LeBron was going to average 27 in the finals, you probably would assume that's a win for the Heat. The issues LeBron had were on the defensive end, and in playmaking. The defense is partially because of a lot of team defense collapses, but the effort wasn't there overall, likely because he was gassed. That's not an excuse, but a reality.

I agree he could have motivated his teammates more, but that doesn't come from just scoring the ball. Those quarters you talk about where he was "passive" he actually was taking jumpers, and taking it inside, but missing. It was more about THE WAY he was scoring than the volume he scored at that was uninspiring for his teammates. See game 2. The first quarter, he was taking it to the paint EVERY DAMN PLAY. He only went 1 for 4, but it set the tone, and got guys like Bosh some shots in the paint. It also inspired his teammates when they see his aggression to get into the paint. This leads to play making, and easy buckets for everyone. That game, he ended up scoring 35 and won.

But the other games he was playing like Kobe. Not much effort to get into the paint, but he was taking mostly jumpers. This isn't inspiring for your team, even if you make them. It causes others to watch you shoot, instead of playing off ball and cutting to the basket. Taking more shots isn't going to make your teammates play better off the ball. It will end up making your teammates passive.

Notice his assist numbers dropped a lot... That's because he was relying on a jump shot for a lot of his offense instead of taking it to the paint... and also because his teammates were shooting poorly. I still didn't see enough of him taking it to the paint and drawing defenders to create open looks. That's where he really should have improved. Don't be so simplistic and act like shooting more is going to inspire his teammates. It's about a lot more than that. Those intangibles that inspire teammates are far more likely to come from taking it to the paint and setting up your teammates, not just shooting more :no: Get that Kobe logic out of here. You're a Jordan stan, and should know better than to mouth that kind of bullshit

navy
06-29-2014, 03:09 PM
You're basically insinuating, in regards to his performance, scoring more wouldn't have mattered. Being aggressive wouldn't have mattered. He played the absolute best he could've.

:rolleyes:

Just more bullshit because you cant respond properly and want to regurgitate your shit. :oldlol:

Never did I once imply Lebron played the best he could. He didnt. He barely even play averagely in all the games because of the defense. Would I have liked a 45 point on 60-70% shooting? Yeah. Who wouldnt.The absolute best Lebron can play is basically same 40 point triple double with elite defense. Would that have won the series? Yeah.

Does that have anything to do with what Ive been saying? No.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Damn why so serious :lol wtf? I make a simple comment and you get so butthurt over it, even though it wasn't anything remotely offensive.

Nobody is saying LeBron played a perfect finals, but his scoring really wasn't the issue. If you had heard that LeBron was going to average 27 in the finals, you probably would assume that's a win for the Heat. The issues LeBron had were on the defensive end, and in playmaking. The defense is partially because of a lot of team defense collapses, but the effort wasn't there overall, likely because he was gassed. That's not an excuse, but a reality.

I agree he could have motivated his teammates more, but that doesn't come from just scoring the ball. Those quarters you talk about where he was "passive" he actually was taking jumpers, and taking it inside, but missing. It was more about THE WAY he was scoring than the volume he scored at that was uninspiring for his teammates. See game 2. The first quarter, he was taking it to the paint EVERY DAMN PLAY. He only went 1 for 4, but it set the tone, and got guys like Bosh some shots in the paint. It also inspired his teammates when they see his aggression to get into the paint. This leads to play making, and easy buckets for everyone. That game, he ended up scoring 35 and won.

But the other games he was playing like Kobe. Not much effort to get into the paint, but he was taking mostly jumpers. This isn't inspiring for your team, even if you make them. It causes others to watch you shoot, instead of playing off ball and cutting to the basket. Taking more shots isn't going to make your teammates play better off the ball. It will end up making your teammates passive.

Notice his assist numbers dropped a lot... That's because he was relying on a jump shot for a lot of his offense instead of taking it to the paint... and also because his teammates were shooting poorly. I still didn't see enough of him taking it to the paint and drawing defenders to create open looks. That's where he really should have improved. Don't be so simplistic and act like shooting more is going to inspire his teammates. It's about a lot more than that. Those intangibles that inspire teammates are far more likely to come from taking it to the paint and setting up your teammates, not just shooting more :no: Get that Kobe logic out of here. You're a Jordan stan, and should know better than to mouth that kind of bullshit

Lebron averaged 28.2 points in the finals. :lol

Everything else I agree with.

Plus the problem was also defensively, aging team.

TheMarkMadsen
06-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Lebron averaged 28.2 points in the finals. :lol

Everything else I agree with.

Plus the problem was also defensively, aging team.

Edit: I was wrong

HoopsFanNumero1
06-29-2014, 03:12 PM
My god the stupidity ... :eek: it's not literally about scoring 5 more ppg.

Yeah, it's about being "aggressive". I've read your stupid narratives before too and it's on Skip Bayless-esque level of bad writing.

There was nothing with wrong Lebron's scoring. There's no point in hogging the ball when you have two other capable scorers in Wade and Bosh, as well as a bunch of three-point shooters. I blamed him for turning the ball over too much, but other than that he was fine offensively. There was that one quarter where he scored nearly 20 points, and the Spurs actually increased their lead. You're beyond stupid if you think Lebron simply taking 5+ more shots on a lower percentage would magically make the games closer.

J Shuttlesworth
He averaged 27.
It was 28.2... not that it changes the point.

VengefulAngel
31+28+22+35+25/5 = 28.2

TheMarkMadsen
06-29-2014, 03:14 PM
I edited that like 2 seconds after I typed it.

Bunch of vultures

chazzy
Lebron's problem in the finals is that most of his dominance occurred in spurts, and his production wasn't consistent throughout meaningful minutes. In games 3 and 5, he had hot starts and didn't do much for large stretches during the Spurs' run afterwards. In game 4, he had a slow start as the Spurs built up a 20+ lead, and then had that dominant 3rd quarter which didn't put much of a dent into the Spurs' momentum

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Lebron could've been more aggressive. Could have scored (and defended) more. Could have played better than his relatively average self.

Whether it would have mattered...who knows? It definitely wouldnt have hurt Miami, thats for sure.

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 03:15 PM

Bunch of vultures

It happens, I'll edit it out.

STATUTORY
06-29-2014, 03:17 PM
teams were just conceding him jumpshots and leaving him open. even a scrub can shoot those numbers in practice

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 03:23 PM
teams were just conceding him jumpshots and leaving him open. even a scrub can shoot those numbers in practice

In practice, he was shooting them in a game...

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 03:23 PM
lol. You clearly didn't watch the finals at all. Pathetic.

AKADS
06-29-2014, 03:59 PM
31+28+22+35+25/5 = 28.2
It's actually (31+28+22+35+25)/5

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 04:01 PM
It's actually (31+28+22+35+25)/5

lol, was that really worth pointing out?.

Bandito
06-29-2014, 04:02 PM

Bunch of vultures
:lol

stalkerforlife
Bobcats
Nets
Meltdown Pacers.

Lol.

Ether.

Embarrassed on the biggest stage.

Double ether.

Shitting your pants and needing midol for cramps?

Priceless.

Bandito
Lets be honest, the heat lost because as a team the Spurs were just better. If PKax had the Heat they would've made a better job.

stalkerforlife
06-29-2014, 04:04 PM

So much ether in this post.

stalkerforlife
06-29-2014, 04:06 PM
The media voted for all D this year..

Coaches have voted all of Kobes.

Damn.

Post is full of ether.

stalkerforlife
06-29-2014, 04:07 PM

He can make 57% of his shots

Why not shoot more??

When he cherry picks his shots.

If he's off, you better damn well believe he becomes as passive as an Amsterdam whore.

20Four
06-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Ok he shot 57/41/81 in the playoffs but what happened? Still lost? LMAO stop justifying his loss, he just couldn't bring it in the big stage....and go look at the games....most of his shots were inside the paint...LMAO nikka would rather have nice stats than win a ball game....thats a true beta mentality :roll: :roll: 2/5 hahahahahaha

Jameerthefear
06-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Ok he shot 57/41/81 in the playoffs but what happened? Still lost? LMAO stop justifying his loss, he just couldn't bring it in the big stage....and go look at the games....most of his shots were inside the paint...LMAO nikka would rather have nice stats than win a ball game....thats a true beta mentality :roll: :roll: 2/5 hahahahahaha
Lebron>>>>>>Kobe

bdreason
06-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Efficient, but not dominant.

20Four
06-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Lebron>>>>>>Kobe
McDonalds>you

navy
06-29-2014, 04:13 PM

ISH in a nutshell.

:roll:

stalkerforlife
06-29-2014, 04:17 PM
McDonalds>you

Ether.

STATUTORY
06-29-2014, 04:17 PM
In practice, he was shooting them in a game...
if lebron had the balls to take the type of shots kobe takes, he wouldnt even crack 40% or more familiarly for Lebron fans, 2/5

VengefulAngel
06-29-2014, 04:21 PM
if lebron had the balls to take the type of shots kobe takes, he wouldnt even crack 40% or more familiarly for Lebron fans, 2/5

:facepalm :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Black and White
06-29-2014, 07:24 PM
2 things:

1) LeBron has become a great shooter, without question.

2) If some of you LeBron stans want to discredit Kobes 3 rings as they were Shaqs, then you can't say 2/7, it would be 2/3.

dubeta
06-29-2014, 07:34 PM
2 things:

1) LeBron has become a great shooter, without question.

2) If some of you LeBron stans want to discredit Kobes 3 rings as they were Shaqs, then you can't say 2/7, it would be 2/3.

2/5 > 2/3 with 2 first round losses, missed playoffs, and struggle to make playoffs in 2013 with all star team

Really while looking at it, other than 2008-2010 Kobes tenure as "The Man" has been a huge bust

Rubio2Gasol
06-29-2014, 07:36 PM
That's what's so amazing. I mean, he's making everything, then just all of a sudden you're passing to a tightly guarded Mario Chalmers with six on the clock?

What's going on.

Black and White
06-29-2014, 07:36 PM
2/5 > 2/3 with 2 first round losses, missed playoffs, and struggle to make playoffs in 2013 with all star team

Really while looking at it, other than 2008-2010 Kobes tenure as "The Man" has been a huge bust

So you just said 40% > 66%???? I thought you LeBron stans always liked to use the stat argument??

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 07:37 PM
So you just said 40% > 66%???? I thought you LeBron stans always liked to use the stat argument??
You can't be this dumb. Going to the finals 5 times in 10 years and winning two is better than going to the finals 3 times in 10 years and winning 2.

Lemme ask you... If your Celtics made the finals this year and lost, would that have been a more disappointing season than them missing the playoffs?

russwest0
06-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Eastern Conference :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Rubio2Gasol
06-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Counting finals appearances in that excuse for a conference is like getting hyped because came out tops in a scuffle with an autistic six year old girl.

Black and White
06-29-2014, 07:40 PM
You can't be this dumb. Going to the finals 5 times in 10 years and winning two is better than going to the finals 3 times in 10 years and winning 2.

Lemme ask you... If your Celtics made the finals this year and lost, would that have been a more disappointing season than them missing the playoffs?

If you noticed, I don't really get involved in this 2/5 v 5/7 debate like the others, all I am doing is clarifying it using the criteria that the LeBron and Kobe stans are using.

IMO, giving yourself more chances to win is better, however the drawback is you run the risk of that criticism if you lose.

navy
06-29-2014, 07:42 PM
???

He shot better vs the Spurs if you are implying the East defense is weak.

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Yeah he dipped to 59/51/79 when he faced a western team in the finals

cltcfn2924
06-29-2014, 07:44 PM

He LOST!!!! In 5!!!!

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 07:45 PM
If you noticed, I don't really get involved in this 2/5 v 5/7 debate like the others, all I am doing is clarifying it using the criteria that the LeBron and Kobe stans are using.

IMO, giving yourself more chances to win is better, however the drawback is you run the risk of that criticism if you lose.
Uhh I don't think it's any LeBron stans who use 2/5 or 5/7 in arguments... that's Kobe stans.

But the criticism is stupid anyway. Going 7/13 is obviously better than being 6/6 in the finals despite the %. It's all about the # of rings at the end of the day and finals losses are obviously a more successful season than first/2nd/3rd round exits.

LeBron would have gotten more criticism if they somehow lost to the Nets or Pacers

russwest0
06-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Yeah he dipped to 59/51/79 when he faced a western team in the finals

With 40% of those stats coming in garbage time while getting outplayed by a role player :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The-Legend-24
Bobcats
Nets
Meltdown Pacers.

Lol.
:oldlol:

Black and White
Uhh I don't think it's any LeBron stans who use 2/5 or 5/7 in arguments... that's Kobe stans.

But the criticism is stupid anyway. Going 7/13 is obviously better than being 6/6 in the finals despite the %. It's all about the # of rings at the end of the day and finals losses are obviously a more successful season than first/2nd/3rd round exits.

LeBron would have gotten more criticism if they somehow lost to the Nets or Pacers

No, I see LeBron stans saying 2/7 etc, but hey that debate is never going to stop.

Also I see alot of people say 6/6 is better than what Russell did, I think context matters, Jordan did his in 2 3-peats.

russwest0
06-29-2014, 07:50 PM
:oldlol:

It's seriously hilarious how people just overlook his weak competition and still try to dickride his stats. It's literally no different than when he dropped 60+ on the Bobcats, because despite them being a shitty ass squad, they were actually one of his playoff opponents while Spurs and Thunder had to face off against Grizzlies and Mavs in round one :lol

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 07:52 PM
No, I see LeBron stans saying 2/7 etc, but hey that debate is never going to stop.

Also I see alot of people say 6/6 is better than what Russell did, I think context matters, Jordan did his in 2 3-peats.
Nobody says that because of the win %. People say that because of the era Russell played in. If MJ went 11/13 in this era, and Russell went 6/6 in his era, you really think people would be saying what Russell did was better? :biggums:

I do love how the 5/7 or 2/5 logic makes Kobe stans basically admit that Duncan > Kobe though :lol:

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 07:55 PM
It's seriously hilarious how people just overlook his weak competition and still try to dickride his stats. It's literally no different than when he dropped 60+ on the Bobcats, because despite them being a shitty ass squad, they were actually one of his playoff opponents while Spurs and Thunder had to face off against Grizzlies and Mavs in round one :lol
You're retarded. The competition effects the ability to win more so than your individual stats. The Pacers are the top defensive team in the league and Paul George is arguably the best perimeter defender up there w/ Kawhi Leonard. LeBron dropped like 27 a game against both of these dudes on over 55% shooting. Meanwhile, Durant is getting shut down by CP3

navy
06-29-2014, 07:56 PM

Maybe Im wrong but didnt Russel 8 peat?

BlazerRed
06-29-2014, 07:56 PM
2/5 :yaohappy:

russwest0
06-29-2014, 07:57 PM
2/5 :yaohappy:

Bu, But... He makes everyone better!

Bu, But... Miami Cavaliers!

russwest0
06-29-2014, 07:58 PM
The dude is an epic ECF rigjob and miracle 3 pointer away from being 0/5 :roll:

Blue&Orange
06-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Cherry picked? Do you idiots even watch LeBron? He was hitting contested shots all finals. The spurs played him tight this year get a clue.
Every "idiot" saw Lebron stop shooting everytime he missed a couple shots. That's why he was only felt one quarter per game, the rest was the usual stat padding cherry picking.

It's hilarious seem him shoot when he is felling it, and then he misses and instantly disappears.

How can someone respect a player that cherry picks and stat pad like Lebron did on a NBA finals is beyond me.

navy
06-29-2014, 08:00 PM

Nice brain you got there Sherlock. :oldlol:

dubeta
06-29-2014, 08:00 PM

and was one solid sidekick away from being 4/5

JT123
06-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Weren't you the one who was screaming all season long that his shooting percentages were going to fall off a cliff once the playoffs started? :oldlol:
Did you not know at that time that he would be playing against Eastern teams? :confusedshrug:

russwest0

game 2 in the 2012 ECF is one of the most rigged games I've ever seen.

If you disagree then you're stupid as **** or only started watching basketball after bran "won" his first ring brah

J Shuttlesworth
And Durant was one epic rig job away from never sniffing the finals, and would have been a first round exit this year if Brothers didn't intervene

russwest0
06-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Weren't you the one who was screaming all season long that his shooting percentages were going to fall off a cliff once the playoffs started? :oldlol:
Did you not know at that time that he would be playing against Eastern teams? :confusedshrug:

I said they would and then I said "wait, he plays in the East"

lol it's so hard to tell because we all rip him for statpadding vs shitty teams but even in the playoffs thats all he has to face is just shitty teams :lol

JT123
06-29-2014, 08:03 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

navy
06-29-2014, 08:04 PM
game 2 in the 2012 ECF is one of the most rigged games I've ever seen.

If you disagree then you're stupid as **** or only started watching basketball after bran "won" his first ring brah
How can Lebron be 0-5 if he looses in the ECF? Idiot. :oldlol:

It was about as rigged as Game 4 in that same series. But you are too biased to see that.

russwest0
06-29-2014, 08:06 PM
How can Lebron be 0-5 if he looses in the ECF? Idiot. :oldlol:

It was about as rigged as Game 4 in that same series. But you are too biased to see that.

I am laughing my ass off if you don't think the Celtics beat the Heat that year on an even remotely level playing field

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Another day, another PMS cycle from russwest bitching about the refs. You wonder why this guy even watches the game if he thinks everything is a rigjob... and how the hell could he root for the thunder? :biggums:

russwest0
06-29-2014, 08:18 PM
Another day, another PMS cycle from russwest bitching about the refs. You wonder why this guy even watches the game if he thinks everything is a rigjob... and how the hell could he root for the thunder? :biggums:

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

The Thunder are the local team for me and I've been rooting for them ever since they relocated here, regardless of win/lose, or shit officiating.

You on the other hand, a "Heat" fan :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Black and White
06-29-2014, 08:23 PM
Nobody says that because of the win %. People say that because of the era Russell played in. If MJ went 11/13 in this era, and Russell went 6/6 in his era, you really think people would be saying what Russell did was better? :biggums:

I do love how the 5/7 or 2/5 logic makes Kobe stans basically admit that Duncan > Kobe though :lol:

IMO Duncan > Kobe, but I understand that you can debate it to some extent.

Also thats why I said context is overlooked when looking at these finals comparisons, I never said 6/6 is the sole reason why Jordan > Russell.

Jameerthefear
06-29-2014, 08:26 PM
The simple fact of the matter is that russwest0 is a complete clown :roll:
Still lives with his mom, virgin, and bad acne :oldlol:

STATUTORY
06-29-2014, 08:29 PM
this ni99a just projected hard core :roll: :roll:

zoom17
06-29-2014, 08:30 PM
russwest getting owned like usual.

The Choken One
06-29-2014, 08:30 PM
But did he win?

And, ps, 2/5 LMAOFMOAFMAomroFOORFOlrofOOLFMALMAFOMAOMA

My nikka, 40% is the only number LeBron stans should be concerned with at this point in time.

dubeta
06-29-2014, 08:34 PM
But did he win?

And, ps, 2/5 LMAOFMOAFMAomroFOORFOlrofOOLFMALMAFOMAOMA

My nikka, 40% is the only number LeBron stans should be concerned with at this point in time.

kinda like kobe's fg% in the finals

russwest0
06-29-2014, 08:35 PM

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

8 point finals game

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1535/15356206/2404792-8968433545-13615.gif

The Choken One
06-29-2014, 08:37 PM
I see people still bring Kobe into every discussion.

That's when you know you're a legend...

ps: 40%

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 09:26 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

The Thunder are the local team for me and I've been rooting for them ever since they relocated here, regardless of win/lose, or shit officiating.

You on the other hand, a "Heat" fan :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
The fact is you think the NBA is rigged yet you root for the team that the league helps the most. Why would you even watch the NBA if you think it's rigged? It would just mean that anything the Thunder could potentially win would be tainted

20Four
06-29-2014, 09:42 PM
real talk russ! Cheers my brotha :cheers:

knicksman
06-29-2014, 10:57 PM

simplistic argument doe. This season proves that bran stans have the lowest IQ on this board.

Droid101
06-29-2014, 10:59 PM
http://www.jsp-entertainment.com/images/epson-projector.jpg

riseagainst
06-30-2014, 11:40 AM
lol at using purely numbers to justify his "shooting". I did not know layups were "shooting".

tmacattack33
06-30-2014, 11:42 AM
lol at using purely numbers to justify his "shooting". I did not know layups were "shooting".

Yes, you are correct.

If you're good enough to get lay-ups it doesn't count.

People who can do this should just turn around on drives and dribble back out to the three point line and shoot a fadeaway three pointer, to impress low IQ fans who think a shot is better if it has a higher degree of difficulty.

20Four
06-30-2014, 01:16 PM
Why you talking about yourself? Plus I dont think he even cares what you think....your a 15 year old girl/boy/both who is on here 24/7 because you have NO friends....think about that for a lil jameer, you have NO friends, you would rather be home sitting at a computer ALL day instead of doing what a 15 year old should be doing....going outside and socializing...but nope you would rather be here with men and try to troll.....sucks to be a crack baby jameer

riseagainst
06-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Yes, you are correct.

If you're good enough to get lay-ups it doesn't count.

People who can do this should just turn around on drives and dribble back out to the three point line and shoot a fadeaway three pointer, to impress low IQ fans who think a shot is better if it has a higher degree of difficulty.

i think all the jizz from lebron is blurring your eye sight. I don't like to insult people, but you are an idiot.
OP specifically states something about "shooting", so i mentioned something about "shooting", layups are not "shooting". Do you comprehend?

dh144498
06-30-2014, 02:08 PM
i think all the jizz from lebron is blurring your eye sight. I don't like to insult people, but you are an idiot.
OP specifically states something about "shooting", so i mentioned something about "shooting", layups are not "shooting". Do you comprehend?

:roll: :roll:

dat ether.

VengefulAngel
08-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Just realised that these are the highest marks he's achieved in his play off career. :)

Angel Face
08-10-2014, 06:19 AM
All that effort, still 2/5 :roll:

Dragic4Life
08-10-2014, 06:47 AM
GOAT efficiency.

Im Still Ballin
08-10-2014, 07:12 AM
GOAT efficiency.
Dis.

BBallZen83
08-10-2014, 07:51 AM

You need to stop boiling things. It always turns into sh*t stew.

Magic 32
08-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Hopefully these finals will teach the next generation of players that FG% is less important than 100% EFFORT.

18 FGA per game in your physical prime, while your team is getting destroyed like no team in NBA finals history.

VengefulAngel
08-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Hopefully these finals will teach the next generation of players that FG% is less important than 100% EFFORT.

18 FGA per game in your physical prime, while your team is getting destroyed like no team in NBA finals history.

You've either been trolling for 6 years or you've been an idiot your whole life.

Pick one.

Magic 32
08-10-2014, 11:03 AM
You've either been trolling for 6 years or you've been an idiot your whole life.

Pick one.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/popovich-counting-his-rings.png

Big#50
08-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Wtf happened to this forum? Same five clowns going back and forth. Posting the same shit they always do.

Bandito
08-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Lebron is the GOAT lay up-per in the league :applause:

3ball
08-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Definition of #1 option: the player taking the most shot attempts on his team.

In the 2014 Finals, Lebron only took 25.56% of his team's shots... Only 4 times in the last 25 years of the Finals has the winning team's #1 option taken this low a proportion of his teams shots.

So Lebron's chances of winning the Finals taking as few shots as he took was pretty slim (4/25).

So people saying that Lebron shouldered a big load are WRONG... not compared to other guys in the same spot... as it turns out, he didn't try to shoulder ENOUGH of a load.

stalkerforlife
08-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Definition of #1 option: the player taking the most shot attempts on his team.

Only 4 times in the last 25 years of the Finals has the winning team's #1 option taken as low a proportion of his teams shots as Lebron took in the 2014 Finals.

So Lebron's chances of winning the Finals taking as few shots as he took was pretty slim (4/25).

So people saying that Lebron shouldered a big load are WRONG... not compared to other guys in the same spot... as it turns out, he didn't try to shoulder ENOUGH of a load.

3ball
08-10-2014, 01:50 PM

I revised the post so you could understand it better.

In the 2014 Finals, Lebron only took 25.56% of his team's shots... Only 4 times in the last 25 years of the Finals has the winning team's #1 option taken this low a proportion of his teams shots.

So Lebron's chances of winning the Finals while taking as few shots as he took was pretty slim (4/25).

Still think he was shouldering a "big" load?.... well, as you can see, he wasn't when compared to all the #1 options that won the Finals in the last 25 years (21 of the last 25 of them took more shots than Lebron).

stalkerforlife
08-10-2014, 01:51 PM
I revised the post so you could understand it better.

Still think he was shouldering a "big" load?.... he wasn't.

Oh, I understood. And I agree 100%. :applause:

dubeta
08-10-2014, 03:02 PM
If kobe could ever dream of shooting anything close to 27 ppg on 57%, these kobetards would be calling him the GOAT scorer or something. But when Lebron does it he's ' not shooting enough' :facepalm

GODbe
08-10-2014, 03:08 PM
http://oi62.tinypic.com/9aa0zk.jpg
The only percentage that'll be remembered down the line.

dubeta
08-10-2014, 03:10 PM
http://oi62.tinypic.com/9aa0zk.jpg
The only percentage that'll be remembered down the line.
Kobe 2/7 and 1/18 what's ur point

Inferno
08-10-2014, 03:35 PM
If kobe could ever dream of shooting anything close to 27 ppg on 57%, these kobetards would be calling him the GOAT scorer or something. But when Lebron does it he's ' not shooting enough' :facepalm

That is possibly true.

Bandito
08-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Kobe 2/7 and 1/18 what's ur point
Why is Kobe 2/7? Shouldn't he be 2/3 since Shaq/Kobe finals don't count? If his wins don't count his loses don't count either.

Magic 32
08-10-2014, 07:19 PM

He shot 53% (29ppg) against the 08 Spurs.

And those games did not have 30 min of garbage time.

3ball
08-10-2014, 07:40 PM
If Lebron had won, he would have carried the 5th smallest offensive load (proportion of his team's shot attempts) of any guy that won the Finals while leading his team in shot attempts in the last 25 years - so he would NOT have carried a big load, which is contrary to the current consensus.

Given that in the 2014 playoffs, the more a team scored per game against the Spurs, the smaller their disadvantage to the Spurs in Ortg - a larger load carried by Lebron, which was feasible by historical standards, was needed..

A larger load seems even more necessary when the Heat accomplished any shooting efficiency goal they had - they easily shot the best of any Spurs opponent - but still had the worst offense and the worst performance.