PDA

View Full Version : Why does Lebron James get a pass for the 2007 finals against Spurs

STATUTORY
06-29-2014, 08:36 PM
his team lost by combined 4 points in last 2 games and Lebron shot under 40% with 11 turnovers

does anyone actually believe cavs would have lost those 2 games with Kobe in his place?

Lebron shot under 45% in 14 out of the 20 games he played in the playoffs that yera

11/20 games under 40%

ni99a was a straight up MESS

Im so nba'd out
06-29-2014, 08:38 PM
that team was awful he actually does get a pass....never forget 2011 though

Nuff Said
06-29-2014, 08:38 PM
When the **** did he get a pass for that?

CelticBaller
06-29-2014, 08:40 PM
His 3rd biggest chokejob

TheCorporation
06-29-2014, 08:40 PM
Roster:

Shannon Brown (Rookie year)
Daniel Gibson (Rookie year)
Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlovic
Scott Pollard
Eric Snow
Anderson Varejao
David Wesley
LeBron James

Now, you might think that list was a joke, but it's not. That roster really did go to the NBA Finals in 2007.

STATUTORY
06-29-2014, 08:41 PM
that team was awful he actually does get a pass....never forget 2011 though
that team carried Lebron to the finals and kept them close in last 2 games

Lebron let his teamates down

there were some talented players on that team. Larry Hughes was basically Paul George lite

STATUTORY
06-29-2014, 08:42 PM
Roster:

Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlovic
Scott Pollard
Eric Snow
Anderson Varejao
David Wesley
LeBron James

Now, you might think that list was a joke, but it's not. That roster really did go to the NBA Finals in 2007.

yet Lebron shot under 45% in 14 out of the 20 games he played in the playoffs that year. His team kept him in them and carried him to the finals

The Choken One
06-29-2014, 08:43 PM
Just shows how easy LeBron has had it since he joined the league in the East.

Must of been nice to pad your stats against complete scrubs for 80% of your career.

Warfan
06-29-2014, 08:45 PM
2/10

Kobe aint beating that team, not to mention that was peak kobe compared to 21 yr old bron.

Im so nba'd out
06-29-2014, 08:45 PM
that team carried Lebron to the finals and kept them close in last 2 games

Lebron let his teamates down

there were some talented players on that team. Larry Hughes was basically Paul George lite

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mda3psoeaz1qe1x8qo1_1280.gif

Heavincent
06-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Roster:

Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlovic
Scott Pollard
Eric Snow
Anderson Varejao
David Wesley
LeBron James

Says a lot about how bad the East was.

MellowYellow
Roster:

Drew Gooden
Larry Hughes
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Damon Jones
Dwayne Jones
Donyell Marshall
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlovic
Scott Pollard
Eric Snow
Anderson Varejao
David Wesley
LeBron James

Hughes was good, Big Z was good, Donny Marshall was ok, d-good was solid. Got some decent roleplayers mixed in there, and the east was worse than it was this year in 2007.

Warfan
yet Lebron shot under 45% in 14 out of the 20 games he played in the playoffs that year. His team kept him in them and carried him to the finals

So Kobe's team kept him in nearly every game of his career, especially in the finals??

navy
What pass? 2/5 includes 2007.

qrich
06-29-2014, 08:47 PM
Most don't give LeBron a pass for the loss, but are rather impressed he was able to lead such a horrendous roster to the championship series in his fourth year as a professional. No true second option, no one else that could create for themselves or anyone else, just a team of average to good defenders and a couple of shooters, that took turns getting hot.

If Kobe was leading that roster, I highly doubt they sniff the finals to even have such an opportunity of avoiding two losses by a combined four points.

LAClipsFan33
06-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Larry Huhghes at one time was a good player. His time he was with Lebron he was constantly injured and was hurt during those finals.

TylerOO
06-29-2014, 08:48 PM
RENT FREEEEEe

STATUTORY
06-29-2014, 08:49 PM
[/B]

larry hughes was a 22 point scorer on same percentages in a much tougher defensive era and a lock down wing defender

Lebron ruined his career

If I were Larry Hughes, I would file civil litigation against that POS

TheCorporation
06-29-2014, 08:50 PM
does anyone actually believe cavs would have lost those 2 games with Kobe in his place?

Well, when Kobe got the keys to the car and has his own team as the man he did this:

(A little later in his career than LBJ at this point, we will still compare nonetheless)

2005: He won 34 games, going 34-48, missing the playoffs
2006: He won 45 games, going 45-37, lost in the 1st round to MVP Nash's Suns
2007: He won 42 games, going 42-40, lost in 1st round to Nash's Suns

So you're asking me if Kobe would do better? Well, in the three years where he was the man, and a similar age to LBJ, he missed the playoffs entirely, and then got bumped in the 1st round twice. You tell me :lol

STATUTORY
06-29-2014, 08:54 PM
Well, when Kobe got the keys to the car and has his own team as the man he did this:

(A little later in his career than LBJ at this point, we will still compare nonetheless)

So you're asking me if Kobe would do better? Well, in the three years where he was the man, and a similar age to LBJ, he missed the playoffs entirely, and then got bumped in the 1st round twice. You tell me :lol

we comparing stats in the Western conference with the East now?

Lebron lost to the first western team he saw in 2007, 2011, and 2014

TheCorporation
06-29-2014, 08:56 PM
Hughes was good, Big Z was good, Donny Marshall was ok, d-good was solid. Got some decent roleplayers mixed in there, and the east was worse than it was this year in 2007.

No one said the team was an 8th seed piece of crap. But please, for the love of god, FIND ME a worse team that made the NBA Finals sans one superstar (LeBron). You won't. Find me any other NBA Finals team and take away 1 star, you won't be able to find a worse team that this. Again, not saying "This is the worst team ever!!!11" But I'm saying it's the worst team to make the NBA Finals in the modern basketball era. You can search back to 1980 and I imagine you'd be hard pressed to find a worse team.

The Choken One
06-29-2014, 08:56 PM
we comparing stats in the Western conference with the East now?
Only on ISH is the East and West equivalent.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Corporation going full potato in about 4 threads now.

Im so nba'd out
06-29-2014, 08:57 PM
larry hughes was a 22 point scorer on same percentages in a much tougher defensive era and a lock down wing defender

Lebron ruined his career

If I were Larry Hughes, I would file civil litigation against that POS
I agree but LeBron ruined Hughes way before the 2007 finals. He was sht by than lebron carried garbage to the finals that yr.2011 is the yr we should all never forget he had the better team and chris bosh averaged more points than him in the finals

TheCorporation
06-29-2014, 08:57 PM
2/10

Kobe aint beating that team, not to mention that was peak kobe compared to 21 yr old bron.

Exactly, that's why I pulled accurate achievements from Kobe when he was younger and had his own team. Kobe fans might not like the results:

When Kobe got the keys to the car and had his own team as the man he did this:

(A little later in his career than LBJ at this point, but we will still compare nonetheless)

*Disclaimer: You guys have to realize, this is what the mighty Kobe Bryant did after Shaq left. You remember Kobe and Shaq right? 1a & 1b? :lol

First 3 years Shaq leaves:

Misses playoffs
loses in 1st round
loses in 1st round

Yep, sounds like "1b" right here..... :lol

More like a clear cut Robin.

qrich
06-29-2014, 09:08 PM
No one said the team was an 8th seed piece of crap. But please, for the love of god, FIND ME a worse team that made the NBA Finals sans one superstar (LeBron). You won't. Find me any other NBA Finals team and take away 1 star, you won't be able to find a worse team that this. Again, not saying "This is the worst team ever!!!11" But I'm saying it's the worst team to make the NBA Finals in the modern basketball era. You can search back to 1980 and I imagine you'd be hard pressed to find a worse team.

Basically. This was clearly the least talented roster I have seen in the Finals since I started paying more attention to the Association.

I just don't understand how people also compare this roster to those of Orlando McGrady when one ended up in the finals. The other, not so much

STATUTORY
06-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Exactly, that's why I pulled accurate achievements from Kobe when he was younger and had his own team. Kobe fans might not like the results:

When Kobe got the keys to the car and had his own team as the man he did this:

(A little later in his career than LBJ at this point, but we will still compare nonetheless)

*Disclaimer: You guys have to realize, this is what the mighty Kobe Bryant did after Shaq left. You remember Kobe and Shaq right? 1a & 1b? :lol

First 3 years Shaq leaves:

Misses playoffs
loses in 1st round
loses in 1st round

Yep, sounds like "1b" right here..... :lol

More like a clear cut Robin.

get kobe's name out of your mouth son, so obsessed with kobe. bringing his name up in every topic

comerb
06-29-2014, 09:27 PM

They would have never made to out of the 2nd round.

rmt
06-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Lebron has said that back then, they were just happy to get to the Finals. Pop exposed his weaknesses - with Bowen contesting all his shots on the perimeter and Duncan closing off the paint, it exposed his terrible jump shot. Instead of knocking a YOUNG Lebron, credit should go to SA's defense - up against 2 of the all-time great defenders.

I give credit to Lebron. He works on his weaknesses. After 07, he worked on his jump shot. And after SA laid off him last year, he went out and improved his 3pt shot. He still couldn't drive to the basket much with Leonard shadowing him and Duncan/Splitter in the paint but this year it wasn't his outside shooting that made them lose. It was the lack of anybody else showing up.

STATUTORY
06-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Lebron has said that back then, they were just happy to get to the Finals. Pop exposed his weaknesses - with Bowen contesting all his shots on the perimeter and Duncan closing off the paint, it exposed his terrible jump shot. Instead of knocking a YOUNG Lebron, credit should go to SA's defense - up against 2 of the all-time great defenders.

I give credit to Lebron. He works on his weaknesses. After 07, he worked on his jump shot. And after SA laid off him last year, he went out and improved his 3pt shot. He still couldn't drive to the basket much with Leonard shadowing him and Duncan/Splitter in the paint but this year it wasn't his outside shooting that made them lose. It was the lack of anybody else showing up.

spurs defense indeed was good. yet kobe busted a grape in dat ass everytime he was healthy

DaSeba5
06-29-2014, 09:32 PM
He doesn't. Are you new?

Fork
06-29-2014, 09:37 PM
He can't do anything without people criticizing him, so why would he get a pass for this?

rmt
06-29-2014, 09:54 PM
spurs defense indeed was good. yet kobe busted a grape in dat ass everytime he was healthy

But Lebron didn't have PEAK Shaq drawing all the defensive attention - he had Mo Williams - BIG difference. Just imagine Lebron with PEAK Shaq - it'd be dunk city all day long.

Ne 1
06-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Most don't give LeBron a pass for the loss, but are rather impressed he was able to lead such a horrendous roster to the championship series in his fourth year as a professional. No true second option, no one else that could create for themselves or anyone else, just a team of average to good defenders and a couple of shooters, that took turns getting hot.

If Kobe was leading that roster, I highly doubt they sniff the finals to even have such an opportunity of avoiding two losses by a combined four points.
I don't agree with this. '07 Kobe on a team that played elite defense and was among the best rebounding teams in that terrible Eastern Conference would definitely make the Finals, imo. He was making the playoffs with bad teams in the loaded West so I doubt the Finals with more help (due to Cleveland's excellent defense and rebounding) and a much weaker conference would be a problem. Also, let's not forget the next season Kobe destroyed the Spurs in the WCFs.

Ne 1
06-29-2014, 10:08 PM
Basically. This was clearly the least talented roster I have seen in the Finals since I started paying more attention to the Association.

I just don't understand how people also compare this roster to those of Orlando McGrady when one ended up in the finals. The other, not so much
Iverson, Kidd and Dwight also made it to the Finals in the East with rosters that didn't look so good on paper outside of them.

comerb
06-29-2014, 10:09 PM
I don't agree with this. '07 Kobe on a team that played elite defense and was among the best rebounding teams in that terrible Eastern Conference would definitely make the Finals, imo. He was making the playoffs with bad teams in the loaded West so I doubt the Finals with more help (due to Cleveland's excellent defense and rebounding) and a much weaker conference would be a problem. Also, let's not forget the next season Kobe destroyed the Spurs in the WCFs.

You are basically describing the iverson 76ers

Ne 1
06-29-2014, 10:19 PM
You are basically describing the iverson 76ers
Yeah, well like that '01 Sixers team, the '07 Cavs were also an elite defensive team and an elite rebounding team. It's funny how people ignore this and act like basketball is just one side of the ball and also don't put into context how weak the East was. Relative to the competition they faced, it was more than enough to make it out of the East so the fact that they made it to the Finals with rosters that don't look too impressive on paper because of the names, it's not this groundbreaking accomplishment like people want to believe.

eliteballer
06-29-2014, 10:22 PM
It's alright that he lost but there's absolutely no excuse for the putrid numbers he put up.

He was 22 and many(stans) considered him as good as all time greats at that point. Just another example of his inflated stats covering up flaws in his game.

eliteballer
06-29-2014, 10:23 PM
But Lebron didn't have PEAK Shaq drawing all the defensive attention - he had Mo Williams - BIG difference. Just imagine Lebron with PEAK Shaq - it'd be dunk city all day long.

Just like he did with Wade and Bosh drawing a ton of attention in 2011 right?

Kvnzhangyay
06-29-2014, 10:23 PM
He doesn't get a pass, but the very fact that a 22 year old took his team almost singlehandedly (keyword: almost) to the finals is impressive enough. How many other 22 year olds took their team to the final, especially with as relatively bad as a supporting cast as Lebron did?

stalkerforlife
06-29-2014, 10:25 PM
He doesn't get a pass.

Which is why intelligent basketball historians will never put him in their top 10.

Kvnzhangyay
06-29-2014, 10:26 PM
He doesn't get a pass.

Which is why intelligent basketball historians will never put him in their top 10.

Nah intelligent basketball historians WILL put him in their top 10, and anyone who doesn't when its all said and done is ignorant

Ne 1
06-29-2014, 10:29 PM
It's alright that he lost but there's absolutely no excuse for the putrid numbers he put up.

He was 22 and many(stans) considered him as good as all time greats at that point. Just another example of his inflated stats covering up flaws in his game.
This. It's a black mark in a way not because he lost but because he played so far below what you would have expected of him. His performance was horrendous for a player of his caliber. I myself do give somewhat of a pass for losing since the Spurs were heavily favored and he wasn't in his prime yet, but the reality is that if he played even a little better the series would have been closer instead of his Cavs being swept.

NumberSix
06-29-2014, 11:58 PM
Why does every player from the other 28 teams get a pass for not making the finals that year?

Droid101
06-30-2014, 12:02 AM
lel, neither did 2008 Kobe, yet he still raped them in the ass.

Face it, Kobe rocks the Spurs in the playoffs historically. No knock on the franchise... you can't stop everyone.

bballnoob1192
06-30-2014, 12:02 AM
lebron and tigerwoods are the most scrutinized athletes in the modern era. you can hate on anything about lebron like his quitting, colluding, etc, but to say that the dude does not get scrutinize for that is just stupid.

SpecialQue
06-30-2014, 12:03 AM
Where have you been? Dude's been shit on for that series so many times he turned a darker shade of brown.

Droid101
06-30-2014, 12:06 AM
I just watched that series lately. They tried the LeBron defense on Kobe. Limit free throws and layups (he only took 11 free throws for the series) and see what happens.

Kobe destroyed them despite Timmy putting up an all-time great (numbers wise) series, even though Kobe was guarded by Bowen the whole time. Kobe shot better than Lamar and Gasol (in case you are an idiot who only cares about field goal percentage).

STATUTORY
06-30-2014, 12:08 AM
I just watched that series lately. They tried the LeBron defense on Kobe. Limit free throws and layups (he only took 11 free throws for the series) and see what happens.

Kobe destroyed them despite Timmy putting up an all-time great (numbers wise) series, even though Kobe was guarded by Bowen the whole time. Kobe shot better than Lamar and Gasol (in case you are an idiot who only cares about field goal percentage).

yup kobe single handedly led the lakers to victory after being down by double digits in that series. he was simply unstoppable

i remember watching that series live. even when lakers were down i never got the impression we were at all against ropes because kobe was just having his way against that defense

his singular will to win was something that lebron could not replicate.

TheCorporation
06-30-2014, 12:15 AM
his singular will to win was something that lebron could not replicate.

Could've sworn they both have 2 Finals MVPs? Could've sworn his singular will to win never had him shooting 6 for 24 but his team was so good they still picked up the win.

Dat singular will to win :lol

JohnFreeman
06-30-2014, 12:16 AM
Could've sworn they both have 2 Finals MVPs? Could've sworn his singular will to win never had him shooting 6 for 24 but his team was so good they still picked up the win.

:lol

pauk
06-30-2014, 12:18 AM
Because of a combination of these 3 things:

#1. He got there with the worst supporting cast in NBA history to be in a NBA Finals.

#2. Because of the above he was trying to score 1 vs 5 (11).... as literal as it gets in basketball context compared to anybody in NBA history.... Spurs were literally hounding him & baiting him to either chuck a long one or pass to a scrub of his, soon as he got anywhere near to step over the 3pt line thats where the trap would come all the time forcing him either to turn the ball over / hoist one hail mary up anyways or pass to a wideopen scrub who would ofcourse.... brick...

#3. He was 21 years old....

CONCLUSION:

He is the youngest/first superstar to undoubtebly lead the worst supporting cast to an NBA Finals, they were NOT supposed to be there, the Pistons would have easily at least won 1 or 2 or 3 games or even won the championship, who knows, IF they could have handled Lebron in ECF going for HISTORICALLY GOAT type of HOT performances to take the series.... where he also went 1 vs 5.... a fire which vanquished in the Spurs series, understandably, if he had that fire (if he was that hot as in Game 5 vs Pistons) he could have even maybe won the championship.... who knows?

To not give Lebron a pass for this run is like trying to not give a pass to a Fiat Punto 85 bhp driver coming 2nd in a Formula 1 race........

zoom17
06-30-2014, 12:18 AM

Yao Ming's Foot
06-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Lebron mythologists really like to bang that one man team drum.

It was actually Boobie Gibson who closed out the Pistons.

31 points and 6 rebounds on 9 shot attempts

One man team

:oldlol:

STATUTORY
06-30-2014, 12:29 AM

One man team

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: no HELP

Kobe never had a player that scored over 30 in a single game in his last 3 playoff runs

Rodmantheman
06-30-2014, 12:30 AM

One man team

wow one game very selective:rolleyes:

Yao Ming's Foot
06-30-2014, 12:32 AM
wow one game very selective:rolleyes:

Their last win of the season. :confusedshrug:

Should I have spotlighted a win against one of the multiple .500 teams they faced in the playoffs instead? Is that impressive to you?

pauk
06-30-2014, 12:39 AM
...speaking of Kobe (well you mentioned him)... oh man, this will unfortunately look very bad...

First of all, Please go ahead and look at what his impact was (compared to Lebron) upon his team that season & playoffs with an even better supporting cast/coaching and an even better individual talent/skill (he was in his prime-prime) at the age of 28.... lets just say he was happy that happened because according to his stans its better to not have that -1 in the X out of X in Finals stat... am i right? Much more prestigious................... considering that and that the outcome was at the end a 1st round loss to Phoenix Suns 4-1... so now you think he would have been able to win just ONE game against the same Spurs team that killed that Suns team in the 2nd round?

Last but not least....... By the time Kobe hit that Lebron age (21 years old) he was barelly starting to play outside the bench, barelly got a starting spot.... barelly averaged stuff like 22 ppg (on 18 FGA mind you).... barelly became the 2nd best player / sidekick in that team after being a 6th man & benchwarmer for 4 straight seasons.... i think you know where im going with that one....? Would have done any better you think? Again.... his stans should just be happy he didnt get another -1 in the X out of X Finals stat.... clearly more prestigious....

pauk
06-30-2014, 12:42 AM

One man team

Who got him those shots and why were all of them wideopen? Pistons were playing Lebrons teammates the exact same way Spurs did in the Finals.... what happened? Where was... Boobie...?

Speaking of Boobie, yes... that was his best teammate that playoffs.... thats how sad it was...

Lebron mythologists? No my man, YOU are a Lebron mythologist.... its an extreme case of self projection...

and oh, welcome back Yao Mings Foot.......... where were u all these years?

Yao Ming's Foot
06-30-2014, 12:46 AM
...speaking of Kobe (well you mentioned him)... oh man, this will unfortunately look very bad...

First of all, Please go ahead and look at what his impact was (compared to Lebron) upon his team that season & playoff with an even better supporting cast/coaching and an even better individual talent/skill (he was in his prime-prime) at the age of 28.... lets just say he was happy that happened because according to his stans its better to not have that -1 in the X out of X in Finals stat... am i right? Much more prestigious................... considering that and that the outcome was at the end a 1st round loss to Phoenix Suns 4-1... so now you think he would have been able to win just ONE game against the same Spurs team that killed that Suns team in the 2nd round?

Last but not least....... By the time Kobe hit Lebrons age in 06-07 (21 years old) he was barelly starting to play outside the bench, barelly got a starting spot.... barelly averaged stuff like 22 ppg (on 18 FGA mind you).... barelly became the 2nd best player / sidekick in that team after being a 6th man.... i think you know where im going with that one....?

What are your rambling about?

Lebron's 07 run is the most overhyped in history

1, Beat two teams without winning records
2. Beat one team on the back of great team defense and Boobie Gibson :confusedshrug:
3. Got swept in the Finals

:bowdown:

Rubio2Gasol
06-30-2014, 12:46 AM
The disrespect of Big Z is bordering on Kobe stans Pau disrespect honestly.

Yao Ming's Foot
06-30-2014, 12:51 AM
Who got him those shots and why were all of them wideopen? Pistons were playing Lebrons teammates the exact same way Spurs did in the Finals.... what happened? Where was... Boobie...?

Speaking of Boobie, yes... that was his best teammate that playoffs.... thats how sad it was...

Lebron mythologists? No my man, YOU are a Lebron mythologist.... its an extreme case of self projection...

and oh, welcome back Yao Mings Foot.......... where were u all these years?

You would think you would learn the value of great team defense after the Spurs ran the Heat off the court a few weeks ago. :facepalm

I've been working for the man. Thanks for noticing.

TheCorporation
06-30-2014, 12:56 AM
The disrespect of Big Z is bordering on Kobe stans Pau disrespect honestly.

Big Z is legit, he had a couple good years no doubt. But he is no Pau. He is no legit #2 option.

AirFederer
06-30-2014, 12:58 AM
[/B]

Dang Kobe has put on weight!:eek:

Milbuck
06-30-2014, 12:59 AM
Because he was young and had a shit team, going against a damn good Spurs team.. Underwhelming series, but there's very little you can do when the #2 defense is suffocating your already awful teammates and forcing all the pressure onto a 22 year old.

If anything, his performance against the Pistons compensates for it.

ArbitraryWater
06-30-2014, 11:17 AM
Only on ISH is the East and West equivalent.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Corporation going full potato in about 4 threads now.

We can't compare stats within the NBA during the same years now :lol

#ISH #KobeKids

SexSymbol
06-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Lebron was playing like an ass in the Playoffs aside from two games against Pistons.
The team dragged him into the finals, the most underrated team ever, great defensively, Ilgauskas was still great, good shooters, great defensive bigs.
Just a bad leader

Lebron23
06-30-2014, 11:21 AM
He was 22 yrs.old. Same age as the Current Kyrie Irving. Kobe put up worst stats than Lebron in their first trip into the NBA Finals. And he was playing with Shaq.

Ne 1
06-30-2014, 11:36 AM
he was trying to score 1 vs 5 (11).... as literal as it gets in basketball context compared to anybody in NBA history....

:biggums: Go back and watch that series and look at how Pop defended James. He had Bruce Bowen sag off about 30 feet and let LeBron shot jumpers and he did nothing about it becuase he had no midrange game. If you want you can chalk that up to him being young/inexperienced or whatever but the fact is that while he averaged 22/7/7, he shot 35% from the field, 20% on 3's and 69% from the line while averaging 6 turnovers per game and on 23 shots per game. That's horrendous for a player of James' caliber. Part of that was him being exposed as a terrible shooter. (For the entire season, he shot just 34.6% from 16-23 feet, 31.9% on 3s and 69.8% from the line.) but he wasn't in his prime yet so I personally don't judge him too much because of that.

riseagainst
06-30-2014, 11:46 AM
well said, OP. Lebron's stats is 99% not indicative of his real impact on the court. He almost always gets his numbers from cherry picking and going through the flow of the game, but never takes over and dominates. But sadly, he is still one of the all time greats purely based on his athleticism and stat padded stats. Top 30 all time.

:applause:

eliteballer
03-18-2019, 06:25 PM
35% shooting..