PDA

View Full Version : OKC buying out Tibor Pleiss' Contract, and he'll be playing for them next season

russwest0
06-29-2014, 08:43 PM
http://thunderobsessed.com/2014/06/28/tibor-pleiss-reportedly-bought-spain/

They are paying 850,000 to get him out of his contract and plan to bring him over to OKC for next season.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

For those who don't know who Tibor Pleiss is:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bagcbj7CQAAMue4.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKdUKhN_Dbg#t=137

He looks so fluid for a 7'1 guy. Plus he reportedely has a monster wingspan as well.

OKC just became favorites to win the chip so long as this means no more Perkins :rockon:

Thunderfan86
06-29-2014, 08:45 PM
Be right back, gotta go do some research

qrich
06-29-2014, 08:48 PM
This dude said the German Ryan Hollins was going to make a team the favorites :oldlol:

JohnMax
06-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Timber

russwest0
06-29-2014, 08:51 PM
This dude said the German Ryan Hollins was going to make a team the favorites :oldlol:

He plays literally nothing like Ryan Hollins and it could somehow mean the end of Perkins which is a huge ass bonus for us. Since Perkins is in the final year of his contract maybe we can trade him to a team willing to take on an expiring.

D-Rose
06-29-2014, 08:54 PM
How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you say that OKC are favorites now that they are bringing over some European guy that isn't even a guaranteed rotation player.

Seriously, easy on the hype...it only makes you look even worse later.

Cowboy Thunder
06-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Lots of big guys all of a sudden :confusedshrug:

russwest0
06-29-2014, 08:57 PM
How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you say that OKC are favorites now that they are bringing over some European guy that isn't even a guaranteed rotation player.

If you watched Kendrick Perkins play basketball more then maybe you'd understand.

Jameerthefear
06-29-2014, 08:58 PM
Really? Durant needs more help? :oldlol:

D-Rose
06-29-2014, 08:58 PM
If you watched Kendrick Perkins play basketball more then maybe you'd understand.
Okay, buddy. You keep telling yourself what you need to!

DMAVS41
06-29-2014, 08:59 PM
Thunder aren't winning anything until they add something at sg.

Jameerthefear
06-29-2014, 09:00 PM
^^^

qrich
06-29-2014, 09:06 PM
He plays literally nothing like Ryan Hollins and it could somehow mean the end of Perkins which is a huge ass bonus for us. Since Perkins is in the final year of his contract maybe we can trade him to a team willing to take on an expiring.

Maybe not playing style wise, but both are backups that lack strength. As far as pulling up stats from European competitions, Marko Jaric was considered to be superior to Manu due to better stats :confusedshrug:

As far as Perkins, if that is the mindset, geting Pleiss should be the last of the reasoning to move him.

russwest0
06-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Maybe not playing style wise, but both are backups that lack strength. As far as pulling up stats from European competitions, Marko Jaric was considered to be superior to Manu due to better stats :confusedshrug:

As far as Perkins, if that is the mindset, geting Pleiss should be the last of the reasoning to move him.

Perkins gets us in foul bonus hell all the time and turns the ball over a ridiculous amount for how little he actually touches the ball. plus other teams don't even guard him lol

taking him out of the starting lineup will help us so much

paytonfan
06-29-2014, 09:42 PM
I see Pleiss taking Thabeet's spot this year / learning the ropes from Collison and Perkins while they are here. Then the following season moving into the backup centre roll that Adams has now. Good move to bring him out now and not wait till he has no one to learn from.

Heavincent
06-29-2014, 09:45 PM

lol

The Thunder could have prime Shaq and Perkins would still start, because of "veteran experience".

KDthunderup
06-29-2014, 09:46 PM
Anyone that can take minutes away from Perkins is a plus

mugiwara
06-29-2014, 11:17 PM
Adams should get the start. He seems like a fast learner.

russwest0
06-30-2014, 12:39 AM
Well apparently now he isn't coming over because of Perkins contract

http://newsok.com/article/4984063

:lol :lol :lol **** you Kendrick Perkins. **** you up your stupid ass.

BlazerRed
06-30-2014, 01:46 AM
Lots of big guys all of a sudden :confusedshrug:
Trying to recover from Cole Aldrich.

Seriously, why bring these big guys over considering we all know they're just going to start Perkins anyway?

BlazerRed
06-30-2014, 01:47 AM

Last season bro, last season.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Shadowviking/GIF/brohug.gif

KDthunderup
06-30-2014, 01:48 AM

ffs, can't wait until we get rid of Perkins arse

Fudge
06-30-2014, 01:55 AM
Just give em the chip already, boys. It's over.

Let's see what Sammie does with his magic again these next few months.

BlazerRed
06-30-2014, 01:59 AM
Just give em the chip already, boys. It's over.

Let's see what Sammie does with his magic again these next few months.
Presti going to do a Harden style trade with Perkins just before the deadline as they're worried about losing him for nothing next summer. Teams like the Miami Heat line up, but ultimately Presti trades Perkins and a future second round for Klay Thompon.

Fudge
06-30-2014, 02:04 AM
Presti going to do a Harden style trade with Perkins just before the deadline as they're worried about losing him for nothing next summer. Teams like the Miami Heat line up, but ultimately Presti trades Perkins and a future second round for Klay Thompon.
Hey, this is possible. NEVER DOUBT THE PRESMASTER.

I'd be all in for it.

Or maybe... Perk + PJ3 + Huesis for Parsons if they end up getting Melo or 2/5. Damn nigha. Presti can get that shit done easily.

BlazerRed
06-30-2014, 02:10 AM
Hey, this is possible. NEVER DOUBT THE PRESMASTER.

I'd be all in for it.

Or maybe... Perk + PJ3 + Huesis for Parsons if they end up getting Melo or 2/5. Damn nigha. Presti can get that shit done easily.
Seems fair to me. Presti should wait it out, let the anticipation build for teams wanting Perkins then pick up the phone a couple days before the season and get this shit done.

J Shuttlesworth
06-30-2014, 02:14 AM
Me reading this thread:

http://i.imgur.com/VztTjhs.jpg

bdreason
06-30-2014, 02:28 AM
If OKC was serious about winning a title they would have already amnestied Perkins. I don't see KD hanging around much longer for a franchise that won't eat 9m to try and win a ch'ip.

KDthunderup
06-30-2014, 02:59 AM
Me reading this thread:

http://i.imgur.com/VztTjhs.jpg
Delusional loner laughing by himself?

KevinDurant35
06-30-2014, 03:13 AM
This franchise is a f*cking joke :facepalm

RoundMoundOfReb
06-30-2014, 03:20 AM
Last season bro, last season.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Shadowviking/GIF/brohug.gif
Extension in the works :bowdown:

BlazerRed
06-30-2014, 03:35 AM
Extension in the works :bowdown:
I'd laugh my ****ing ass off if they extended him to some minimum contact, then STARTED HIM AGAIN :roll:

FlawlessVictory
06-30-2014, 04:05 AM
If OKC was serious about winning a title they would have already amnestied Perkins. I don't see KD hanging around much longer for a franchise that won't eat 9m to try and win a ch'ip.

This.

I generally admire loyalty in sport and it would be nice for KD to spend his career in OKC. However, i give him very little chance of winning the title with their joke ownership.

Too cheap to amnesty Perk. Too cheap to fire Brooks and hire a quality coach. Too cheap to even consider paying a small bit of luxury tax to put them over the top. Pacers owners are just as big a joke.

I am hoping Reinsdorf goes against his natural inclinations and spends to make the Bulls a serious team this off season.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-30-2014, 04:06 AM
I'd laugh my ****ing ass off if they extended him to some maximum contact, then STARTED HIM AGAIN :roll:
Fixed :lol

BlazerRed
06-30-2014, 04:09 AM
Fixed :lol
Well that would be funny too, but I think what I wrote is completely possible knowing Scott Brooks :lol

Sakkreth
06-30-2014, 04:37 AM
Pleiss could be very good player if he added some strenght. It's not a very big loss for OKC though, centers that can be pushed around is not that useful imo. He's not soft, just weak.

bdreason
06-30-2014, 04:43 AM
This.

I generally admire loyalty in sport and it would be nice for KD to spend his career in OKC. However, i give him very little chance of winning the title with their joke ownership.

Too cheap to amnesty Perk. Too cheap to fire Brooks and hire a quality coach. Too cheap to even consider paying a small bit of luxury tax to put them over the top. Pacers owners are just as big a joke.

I am hoping Reinsdorf goes against his natural inclinations and spends to make the Bulls a serious team this off season.

The Thunder have one more season to win a chip, or at least prove to KD that they're willing to do whatever it takes to compete for a title. After this season, Durant will be entering his final year under contract, and the decision will have to be made to either trade him, or risk him walking in FA for nothing.

BlazerRed
06-30-2014, 05:13 AM
The Thunder have one more season to win a chip, or at least prove to KD that they're willing to do whatever it takes to compete for a title. After this season, Durant will be entering his final year under contract, and the decision will have to be made to either trade him, or risk him walking in FA for nothing.
Yep. Thunder really need to start making some important moves this pre-season.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-30-2014, 05:38 AM
Really? Durant needs more help? :oldlol:
Durant just needs a mate who is as skinny as him

raprap
06-30-2014, 06:05 AM
Championship or bust next season for okc? :confusedshrug:

Real14
06-30-2014, 06:21 AM
niguh soundz like a damn ligament:lol

wally_world
06-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Wow what a bad illegal screen in that first play of the youtube clip :oldlol:

Whatever to keep KPerk off the court tho, im glad for.

ArbitraryWater
06-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Nice to see him finally picked up :applause:

Led Bamberg to 2 german titles and he's 3/3 in the finals :D

-Lebron23-
06-30-2014, 10:06 AM
What's with OKC and scrub centers?

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 10:29 AM
http://thunderobsessed.com/2014/06/28/tibor-pleiss-reportedly-bought-spain/

They are paying 850,000 to get him out of his contract and plan to bring him over to OKC for next season.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

For those who don't know who Tibor Pleiss is:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bagcbj7CQAAMue4.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKdUKhN_Dbg#t=137

He looks so fluid for a 7'1 guy. Plus he reportedely has a monster wingspan as well.

OKC just became favorites to win the chip so long as this means no more Perkins :rockon:

Scola never played center in Europe.

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 10:30 AM

Wait what? Compared to Perkins and Thabeet? He sure the hell is a guaranteed rotation player compared to those mega scrubs.

:facepalm

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 10:31 AM

Once again you put yourself in the mega clown troll class of Rooster, Dr.J4ever, and gabepizza.

dunksby
06-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Wait what? Compared to Perkins and Thabeet? He sure the hell is a guaranteed rotation player compared to those mega scrubs.

:facepalm
How good is he?

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 10:40 AM
How good is he?

He's way better than Perkins and Thabeet. Which is all that matters for the issue at hand here.

He's huge, probably about 7-2. He's decently skilled. Has a jumper, a face up game, can pass the ball, good in the pick and roll game.

He's nothing special or anything, but he has a really big body, and he has some skills, and he can move. He's not a stiff at all. He moves quite well.

There are much better centers than him in Euroleague, but comparing him to scrubs like Thabeet and Perkins....he is way better, I mean way better.

He's soft though. Not soft mentally. I don't mean that. He will compete and play hard, and he's not afraid if physical contact and Euroleague is much more physical and defensive oriented than the NBA.

But as was already pointed out here, he's weak. He's a 7-2 with a big body, but he's physically weak for his size. He got overpowered a lot in Euroleague by other centers and power forwards.

Overpowered a lot on defense and rebounding.

-Lebron23-
06-30-2014, 10:48 AM
He's way better than Perkins and Thabeet. Which is all that matters for the issue at hand here.

He's huge, probably about 7-2. He's decently skilled. Has a jumper, a face up game, can pass the ball, good in the pick and roll game.

He's nothing special or anything, but he has a really big body, and he has some skills, and he can move. He's not a stiff at all. He moves quite well.

There are much better centers than him in Euroleague, but comparing him to scrubs like Thabeet and Perkins....he is way better, I mean way better.

He's soft though. Not soft mentally. I don't mean that. He will compete and play hard, and he's not afraid if physical contact and Euroleague is much more physical and defensive oriented than the NBA.

But as was already pointed out here, he's weak. He's a 7-2 with a big body, but he's physically weak for his size. He got overpowered a lot in Euroleague by other centers and power forwards.

He is going to suck on a team like OKC that will only use him to set picks, defend the post and get garbage baskets. Let alone with that idiot Brooks who falls in love with his veterans

dunksby
06-30-2014, 10:51 AM

No matter how good he is on offense we cannot have that happening anymore.

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 11:35 AM
He is going to suck on a team like OKC that will only use him to set picks, defend the post and get garbage baskets. Let alone with that idiot Brooks who falls in love with his veterans

It's the opposite from Baskonia. Baskonia was a no defense team, that played up and down basketball and tons of pick and roll, featuring the center, basing it on the creation of the point guard (they even made Splitter look decent on offense and he's a huge scrub offensively)...

Plus no one in Baskonia cares if the center can play defense or rebound, as the whole team was that way for several years now.

True that the whole role will be the opposite of that. However, I would say it would be very similar to the role he plays in German national team and also the role he played when he was in Brose in Euroleague when he was there.

He is still fairly effective with Germany's national team, and he was still a fairly useful player for Brose.

He's just going to be a role player anyway. But the point is he's so much better than the crap like Thabeet, Perkins, Aldrich, that they have been used to having there.

Adams and Pleiss isn't a bad combination at center.

It's true though that posting some stats like that in the first post is pretty freaking ridiculous and absurd though. Baskonia has the most center run and inflated offense of any team in Europe.

Their whole offense is designed through high pick and roll through the point guard to cutting big man and has HUGE stats inflation for all their centers.

I mean they made Splitter look like he was actually offensively competent on offense if you looked at the stats...FREAKING Tiago Splitter.

The same with Lampe...Freaking Lampe looked like a beast stats wise when he was there. He barely even plays in Euroleague, barely even gets minutes on every other team in Euroleague that he's been on.

Pleiss by no coincidence, his numbers in Brose were miniscule by comparison to those numbers. So yeah, those numbers are ridiculously inflated and totally meaningless to anyone that actually watches Euroleague, and of course in the case of the current time as with Pleiss, also occurring on one of the worst teams in the Euroleague, as now Baskonia has also become a total scrub team.

But it's funny though seeing clowns here like qrich say this guy could not even make an NBA rotation, when the same clown was saying that Lamar Odom would be "the greatest player in the history of the Euroleague".

Odom played on the SAME TEAM as Pleiss, and got cut within 2 weeks, and replaced by a 19 year old kid.

And of course, according to qrich, I'm a troll, and he's a "serious poster".

Sakkreth
06-30-2014, 11:39 AM
It's the opposite from Baskonia. Baskonia was a no defense team, that played up and down basketball and tons of pick and roll, featuring the center, basing it on the creation of the point guard (they even made Splitter look decent on offense and he's a huge scrub offensively)...

Plus no one in Baskonia cares if the center can play defense or rebound, as the whole team was that way for several years now.

True that the whole role will be the opposite of that. However, I would say it would be very similar to the role he plays in German national team and also the role he played when he was in Brose in Euroleague when he was there.

He is still fairly effective with Germany's national team, and he was still a fairly useful player for Brose.

He's just going to be a role player anyway. But the point is he's so much better than the crap like Thabeet, Perkins, Aldrich, that they have been used to having there.

Adams and Pleiss isn't a bad combination at center.

This is actually a decent post. :applause:

SOD 21
06-30-2014, 11:41 AM
It was reported this weekend by several beat writers that follow the Oklahoma City Thunder that these rumors about Pleiss were inaccurate and probably planted by his agent in Europe for leverage to potentially sell him to another team due to financial problems by his current team. The report said his agent was trying to generate additional interest by potential European teams interested in buying his contract from them.

With that said, he would be a nice addition to Oklahoma City with his offense of skill set. OKC needs to let Thabeet walk. But I really don't see them bringing him over now until next season when Perkins' contract expires.

For better or worse, that is the latest that I have heard.

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 11:48 AM
No matter how good he is on offense we cannot have that happening anymore.

It's hard to judge though as compared to the NBA. Because again, the Euroleague is MUCH more physical than the NBA is.

Remember that in the Euroleague there is no hand checking, no defensive 3 seconds rule, a pure 100% zone defense is allowed (not the pseudo zone the NBA allows), so big men camp in the lane the entire game.

And the refs completely call the game differently. The amount of physical contact allowed is a lot higher.

It's not so much more physical contact and defense oriented in the Spanish League (where Pleiss was playing domestically) as it is in the Euroleague, although still more than in the NBA, but it's quite higher in Euroleague.

So what Pleiss would deal with in Euroleague is much more than what he would see in the NBA.

Once Euroleague bigs adjust to the pace of the NBA, the way the refs call the game, the "rookie treatment", etc., then they have no problem, or should not.

Just to give an idea, Pero Antic was considered as one of the SOFTEST big men in all of Europe.

Much too soft to play center in Euroleague. And Olympiacos cut him because he was too soft for their liking.

That should be an indication of the difference. So being too soft and too weak in Euroleague is a difference from how it is in the NBA.

With that being said, he's got the physical problem that he has a high center of gravity.

Rooster
06-30-2014, 01:53 PM
It's hard to judge though as compared to the NBA. Because again, the Euroleague is MUCH more physical than the NBA is.

Remember that in the Euroleague there is no hand checking, no defensive 3 seconds rule, a pure 100% zone defense is allowed (not the pseudo zone the NBA allows), so big men camp in the lane the entire game.

And the refs completely call the game differently. The amount of physical contact allowed is a lot higher.

It's not so much more physical contact and defense oriented in the Spanish League (where Pleiss was playing domestically) as it is in the Euroleague, although still more than in the NBA, but it's quite higher in Euroleague.

So what Pleiss would deal with in Euroleague is much more than what he would see in the NBA.

Once Euroleague bigs adjust to the pace of the NBA, the way the refs call the game, the "rookie treatment", etc., then they have no problem, or should not.

Just to give an idea, Pero Antic was considered as one of the SOFTEST big men in all of Europe.

Much too soft to play center in Euroleague. And Olympiacos cut him because he was too soft for their liking.

That should be an indication of the difference. So being too soft and too weak in Euroleague is a difference from how it is in the NBA.

With that being said, he's got the physical problem that he has a high center of gravity.

It's funny, Odom was playing against those supposedly tough big guys and he feasted on them 15 points and 11 boards on the 2010 Final. Those Euros not the NBA Euros are soft unathletic and unfit bums so the only way they can stop Americans buzzsaw was to whack them. When guys like Duncan battled them for inside position, they all flopped like Barbies. Luis Scola shot 70 % on the minor league.

Tibor Pleiss will be a good back up for Perkins. :oldlol:

Euroleague
06-30-2014, 03:17 PM
It's funny, Odom was playing against those supposedly tough big guys and he feasted on them 15 points and 11 boards on the 2010 Final. Those Euros not the NBA Euros are soft unathletic and unfit bums so the only way they can stop Americans buzzsaw was to whack them. When guys like Duncan battled them for inside position, they all flopped like Barbies. Luis Scola shot 70 % on the minor league.

Tibor Pleiss will be a good back up for Perkins. :oldlol:

First of all, Odom averaged 7 points and 8 rebounds in the FIBA World Cup in 2010. And that's NOT the Euroleague, you freaking clown.

Second of all, he got cut after a few weeks in the Euroleague and Spanish League because he was so pathetic, playing against those "scrubs".

Lamar Odom's 2010 FIBA World Cup stats:

http://archive.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa/player/p/pid/49178/sid/4728/tid/379/_/2010_FIBA_World_Championship/index.html

Lamar Odom's Euroleague stats:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=005667&seasoncode=E2013

Lamar Odom's Spanish League stats:

http://www.acb.com/stsacum.php?cod_competicion=LACB&cod_edicion=58&cod_equipo=BAS&totales=0

Luis Scola's career field goal percentage in the Euroleague was 58% you stupid fool. Not 70%.

Third, as usual, you are a colossal mega troll.

qrich
06-30-2014, 03:21 PM
How good is he?

Just like Sofo

He's 10 times the player that Chris Kaman and Marcus Camby can ever dream of being.

Rooster
06-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Just like Sofo

He's 10 times the player that Chris Kaman and Marcus Camby can ever dream of being.

Sofo is used to Greece speed not Americans superior speed and that is why he was a colossal failure at the Summer League. He was busy catching his breath than catching the ball.:oldlol: