PDA

View Full Version : What do the Bucks have to do to become a contender..

TheMarkMadsen
06-29-2014, 10:40 PM
Within the next 5 years?

Meticode
06-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Do an overhaul of their front office to instill the correct message into it's players. Also stop doing stupid signings like O.J. Mayo to either barely make or miss the playoffs.

Nash
06-29-2014, 10:44 PM
Get a point guard through draft and just keep adding pieces.

Bandito
06-29-2014, 10:46 PM
A miracle from every god in existence.

gts
06-29-2014, 10:46 PM
If they hire Jason Kidd you can pretty much cross "contender" off of the list of things the Bucks will become

Milbuck
06-29-2014, 10:52 PM
1) Get a good coach. Larry Drew is just awful, he's singlehandedly slowing down Giannis's development, and we can't afford to let him do that to Jabari as well. Get someone with a system for both ends of the floor, who can extract as much talent as possible from the roster and can play to the strengths of our young prospects to maximize their development.

2) Suck for one more year. Jabari and Giannis are both 19 years old, they have a ton of time so 1 more year of sucking won't matter much, and it'll be worth it in the long run. Try to draft a PG with actual playmaking abilities and vision, or a defensive PF/C. Emmanuel Mudiay or Cliff Alexander would be great.

3) Continue adding hard working, egoless players around the core, which hopefully will be Jabari-Giannis-Cliff. Give it another 2-3 years, so 4 years from now, and we could be good.

We could be really good, or thoroughly mediocre. It all starts with the coach though. Jabari and Giannis are two incredible prospects, if developed correctly they could be the most dangerous wing duo in the game. If Larry Drew stays or we replace him with another idiot, we could just be another Ellis-Jennings type mess.

TheMarkMadsen
06-29-2014, 10:53 PM
If they build a consistent solid foundation and mantain it for a few years could they (even as a small market team) attract big time free agents?

Fork
06-29-2014, 10:55 PM
Not be the Bucks

VIntageNOvel
06-29-2014, 10:56 PM
get pop

Milbuck
06-29-2014, 11:02 PM
If they build a consistent solid foundation and mantain it for a few years could they (even as a small market team) attract big time free agents?
If Jabari and Giannis both become high level players, it's possible. Things have been shitty for a while...but having two great prospects, a new coach, and new ownership (2 of the 3 have happened, the last is about to) can change the culture. I don't think we'll ever be able to draw superstars, but good players could want to come soon.

Signing big time free agents isn't a necessity though, we just need good role players. We have 2 great prospects who together have a really high ceiling. Develop them well while adding another good core piece in next year's draft, and we can have our own big-time players without having to sign them in free agency.

We have new ownership who have made it clear that our GM and coach are on thin ice. I think we'll make decent roster decisions going forward. We just need players that work hard, have gotten over themselves, and are willing to do whatever it takes to win. No more Brandon Jennings, OJ Mayo, Stephen Jackson, no more low-IQ head cases.

Meticode
06-29-2014, 11:03 PM
Not talk to Jason Kidd about any position what so ever unless it's janitor.

Johnny Jones
06-29-2014, 11:04 PM
Do an overhaul of their front office to instill the correct message into it's players. Also stop doing stupid signings like O.J. Mayo to either barely make or miss the playoffs.
:biggums:

The Bucks were the worst team in the league this year

YouGotServed
06-29-2014, 11:05 PM
Nothing. There is no hope for that joke of a franchise.

alanLA92
06-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Not trade for Jason Kidd.

Milbuck
06-29-2014, 11:08 PM
Nothing. There is no hope for that joke of a franchise.

Avatar bet: I guarantee the Rockets will make the conference finals
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4398543/portland.gif

:oldlol:

HylianNightmare
06-29-2014, 11:10 PM
Not be the Bucks

This

coin24
06-29-2014, 11:11 PM

Ouch haha:cheers:

TheMarkMadsen
06-29-2014, 11:14 PM
If Jabari and Giannis both become high level players, it's possible. Things have been shitty for a while...but having two great prospects, a new coach, and new ownership (2 of the 3 have happened, the last is about to) can change the culture. I don't think we'll ever be able to draw superstars, but good players could want to come soon.

Signing big time free agents isn't a necessity though, we just need good role players. We have 2 great prospects who together have a really high ceiling. Develop them well while adding another good core piece in next year's draft, and we can have our own big-time players without having to sign them in free agency.

We have new ownership who have made it clear that our GM and coach are on thin ice. I think we'll make decent roster decisions going forward. We just need players that work hard, have gotten over themselves, and are willing to do whatever it takes to win. No more Brandon Jennings, OJ Mayo, Stephen Jackson, no more low-IQ head cases.

I'm very excited about GA's potential, and I believe that Parker will at worst be a 20/6/3 on 46% type of player, hopefully MIL has learned their lessen with players like Mayo and Jennings.

A team with likable players (such as GA & Parker) that are un selfish and will play within a system, whenever that system is established can be a team MIL will really get behind and support.

Hopefully the nba will have to fear the deer sooner than later :cheers:

hangintheair
06-29-2014, 11:14 PM
Hey Milbuck

If you will got the 1st pick next year, would you draft Okafor? or look for a PG?

TheMarkMadsen
06-29-2014, 11:16 PM
btw FU dirk you could have been a hero in Milwaukee

NugzFan
06-29-2014, 11:17 PM

:oldlol: ouch.

dubeta
06-29-2014, 11:21 PM
Tell the team that they all get to f*ck Mallory Edens if they win the championship

They win it next year GUARANTEED :cheers:

Milbuck
06-29-2014, 11:25 PM
I'm very excited about GA's potential, and I believe that Parker will at worst be a 20/6/3 on 46% type of player, hopefully MIL has learned their lessen with players like Mayo and Jennings.

A team with likable players (such as GA & Parker) that are un selfish and will play within a system, whenever that system is established can be a team MIL will really get behind and support.

Hopefully the nba will have to fear the deer sooner than later :cheers:
:cheers:

Really looking forward to this season, mainly because of the bolded. It's been so long since we've had elite prospects that weren't retarded and/or selfish assholes. Since drafting Jabari, there's been a buzz around Wisconsin that this team hasn't seen in a long time. We're going to suck again next year (as we should), but watching Giannis and Jabari develop together is going to be pretty exciting.

Hey Milbuck

If you will got the 1st pick next year, would you draft Okafor? or look for a PG?
Really tough choice right now, no one from that draft class stands out as much as Jabari/Wiggins/Embiid have, at least not yet. I'll have to wait until I see them in college before it becomes clear. Jahlil is a great prospect but I don't know how high his ceiling is, he's not explosive/athletic at all. He's a great offensive prospect with size and skills, but defensively he's pretty mediocre. We really need a defensive anchor for when Sanders inevitably leaves, or a true PG to take away ball handling and playmaking duties from Knight - who is a good scorer off the bench at best. As of right now I think we should go for Emmanuel Mudiay. Sick athleticism, good passing/vision, high defensive ceiling. He'd be a great fit with Giannis and Jabari.

Tell the team that they all get to f*ck Mallory Edens if they win the championship

They win it next year GUARANTEED :cheers:
:oldlol: if that doesn't work, nothing will.

El Kabong
06-29-2014, 11:29 PM
Starting to build some pieces, with Giannis and now Parker. Sanders is still a question mark, no doubt on his talent, but needs to get his head straight for next year. Still need to overhaul the backcourt, not a fan of Mayo and Knight is OK.

If they're smart with their moves and continue on the path they're now looking like they're on, they could be a very good team in a few years.

YouGotServed
06-30-2014, 05:54 PM
A Bucks fan trying to come at the YGS. :oldlol:

Avatar bet: I guarantee the Bucks will continue to suck like they have for the past decade.

el gringos
06-30-2014, 06:08 PM
It's pretty simple. All they have to do is get rid of their long tern contracts and get 1 more top 5 pick.

Knight/Larkin/woltors
Giannes/Hardaway jr/Ellington
Jabari/thanasis
Henson/Middleton
Amare/dalembert

Add a top 5 pick and 40 million dollars to that.

No they wo t be contenders next year, but 2016-2022-holy shit

Milbuck
06-30-2014, 06:10 PM
A Bucks fan trying to come at the YGS. :oldlol:

Avatar bet: I guarantee the Bucks will continue to suck like they have for the past decade.
Alternate view

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/34/files/2014/05/lillard.gif

Contenders doe :oldlol:

YouGotServed
06-30-2014, 06:14 PM
What's next, a Knicks fan coming at me? :yaohappy: They're a joke franchise, deal with it.

Milbuck
06-30-2014, 06:16 PM
I like the Yao smiley. Miss the days when people actually gave a shit about the Rockets.

YouGotServed
06-30-2014, 06:19 PM
I miss the days when the Bucks weren't a joke franchise. Who was their last relevant player?

Redd? :whatever:

r0drig0lac
06-30-2014, 06:19 PM

cold

Milbuck
06-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Yo YGS, how many more franchise players do you guys need before you make the 2nd round? Would adding Lebron and Melo do it?

kurple
06-30-2014, 06:22 PM
didnt the OJ signing just help them get them the 2nd pick

how is that close to making the playoffs?

TheMarkMadsen
06-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Breaking news: this decade the rockets have won the same amount of playoff series as the bucks

YouGotServed
06-30-2014, 06:25 PM
How many more lottery picks do the Bucks need to make the playoffs in the East buddy?

Milbuck
06-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Breaking news: this decade the rockets have won the same amount of playoff series as the bucks
We made the playoffs with Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis as our co-stars.

The Rockets supposedly have the "best SG" and the best C in the game, and they got a 2nd year player's foot shoved up their ass in the first round :oldlol:

Meticode
06-30-2014, 06:29 PM
didnt the OJ signing just help them get them the 2nd pick

how is that close to making the playoffs?
That wasn't their intention though. They paid him $24 million over three years. Not an awful deal, but I don't understand why you go and sign that type of player for that money when you're tanking anyway.

ballup
06-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Get better

YouGotServed
06-30-2014, 06:36 PM
The Bucks are like a poor man's New York Knicks except nobody cares because, well...they're the Bucks.

Contenders? :whatever: Not even LeBron himself can turn that franchise around.

Black and White
06-30-2014, 06:37 PM
The Bucks have a bright future, I was already high on Giannis to begin with, and now you add quite possibly the best NBA ready prospect in the draft, its a solid core, they need to do something with Larry Sanders, he needs to be moved for a young C or some picks. OJ Mayo has to go as well.

navy
06-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Jabari becoming a superstar is the only way they become real contenders. I have no doubt he can make the playoffs in a few years.

Milbuck
06-30-2014, 06:47 PM
The Bucks have a bright future, I was already high on Giannis to begin with, and now you add quite possibly the best NBA ready prospect in the draft, its a solid core, they need to do something with Larry Sanders, he needs to be moved for a young C or some picks. OJ Mayo has to go as well.
Agreed. Things are looking down for Sanders right now, but I think he'll bounce back. My biggest problem is that he's already 25 years old, and both of our future franchise players are 19. He really has no long term future here. Whatever happened to Alex Len in Phoenix? Only 21 years old and 7'1" 250-260 with a 7'4" wingspan, he had high potential on both ends of the floor but I don't think he saw the floor much at all. Whether it's with Sanders (who would be nasty to pair with Bledsoe/Dragic/Green/Plumlee) or anyone else, I'd look to land Len and maybe another piece from Phoenix.

As for Mayo, **** that fat scrub.

HurricaneKid
06-30-2014, 06:49 PM

??

Sanders is 25 years old and is an elite rim protector.

OJ Mayo is completelely untradable. Signed the deal and celebrates daily with a case of Krispy Kremes.

Black and White
06-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Agreed. Things are looking down for Sanders right now, but I think he'll bounce back. My biggest problem is that he's already 25 years old, and both of our future franchise players are 19. He really has no long term future here. Whatever happened to Alex Len in Phoenix? Only 21 years old and 7'1" 250-260 with a 7'4" wingspan, he had high potential on both ends of the floor but I don't think he saw the floor much at all. Whether it's with Sanders (who would be nasty to pair with Bledsoe/Dragic/Green/Plumlee) or anyone else, I'd look to land Len and maybe another piece from Phoenix.

As for Mayo, **** that fat scrub.

Len is a solid option, there was a lot of potential there, more floor time and you could start to see some of that potential. A move like that would set up a nice young core that would be contending in about 3 years, the PG spot will also need to be addressed, but the most important factor is the coach, how these players develop is key, Kidd has potential but I would have like George Karl better.

Black and White
06-30-2014, 06:54 PM
??

Sanders is 25 years old and is an elite rim protector.

OJ Mayo is completelely untradable. Signed the deal and celebrates daily with a case of Krispy Kremes.

Sanders isn't the right player for this squad, hes on a big contract and it would be better to get a young guy to grow with the team.

YouGotServed
06-30-2014, 06:57 PM
It's a lot of fun reading what Buck "fans" expect from their franchise. They actually believe their team will be relevant again. lol! Seriously, I lold.

Very cute and adorable.

HurricaneKid
06-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Sanders isn't the right player for this squad, hes on a big contract and it would be better to get a young guy to grow with the team.

??!?

He is perfect. He is elite defensively and can help the rim next to Jabari who is going to have to develop his defense.

He makes 12M/. Thats pretty standard for a guy with his role. See Bogut, Asik, etc.

And he will be 30 in 5 years when Giannis and Jabari begin peaking. His age is fine. You aren't getting back a guy of his calibur and fit if you trade him.

HurricaneKid
06-30-2014, 07:02 PM
It's a lot of fun reading what Buck "fans" expect from their franchise. They actually believe their team will be relevant again. lol! Seriously, I lold.

Very cute and adorable.

I would take a steaming dump on this post but everything in Houston is still covered in the **** Lillard took on you.

Milbuck
06-30-2014, 07:05 PM
I would take a steaming dump on this post but everything in Houston is still covered in the **** Lillard took on you.
http://images.rapgenius.com/am0tzczwt0apcdqydsgdvw874.351x227x28.gif

:roll:

YouGotServed
06-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Playoffs in the West > No playoffs in the East

You :mad:???

Black and White
06-30-2014, 07:09 PM
??!?

He is perfect. He is elite defensively and can help the rim next to Jabari who is going to have to develop his defense.

He makes 12M/. Thats pretty standard for a guy with his role. See Bogut, Asik, etc.

And he will be 30 in 5 years when Giannis and Jabari begin peaking. His age is fine. You aren't getting back a guy of his calibur and fit if you trade him.

Or course you won't get his value back, but as far as the Bucks going forward goes, a young C would be perfect, there is potential in a player like Len, who has struggled to see any court time, obviously you would ask for Len and a pick, but it could work, I'm not trying to bring Sanders down, but he is better suited in on a contender, what about Sanders for Steven Adams + Jeremy Lamb?

Black and White
06-30-2014, 07:12 PM

http://pinkie.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/139688733205.gif

HurricaneKid
06-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Or course you won't get his value back, but as far as the Bucks going forward goes, a young C would be perfect, there is potential in a player like Len, who has struggled to see any court time, obviously you would ask for Len and a pick, but it could work, I'm not trying to bring Sanders down, but he is better suited in on a contender, what about Sanders for Steven Adams + Jeremy Lamb?

Oh I would GLADLY do that. Heck I'd even take Perk's expiring to match salary to get it done. But my understanding is that when Milw was shopping him they were getting offers of garbage deals with negative value.

Legends66NBA7
06-30-2014, 09:30 PM
They could start by relocating the team.

YouGotServed
06-30-2014, 11:44 PM
They could start by relocating the team.

lmfao :lol

Milbuck
06-30-2014, 11:47 PM
He just had to come back, couldn't help himself :roll:

Could you get any angrier? :oldlol:

YouGotServed
07-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Tell me my story boy. Tell me about the brighter days when you had Ray, Sam I am etc. That was so long ago, I can barely remember that roster.

Milbuck
07-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Post, copy, paste, re-post, repeat.

Can't get me out of your head, but you're running out of material...dangerous combination :oldlol:

YouGotServed
07-01-2014, 12:36 AM
That's the beauty of it boy. You stay cheering for an irrelevant joke of a franchise, I stay clowning you. :oldlol:

Smook A.
07-01-2014, 12:45 AM
We made the playoffs with Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis as our co-stars.

The Rockets supposedly have the "best SG" and the best C in the game, and they got a 2nd year player's foot shoved up their ass in the first round :oldlol:
Did you suddenly forget that the Bucks are in the East and the Rockets are in the West? :rolleyes:

That Bucks team that made the playoffs in 2013 would've been the 11th seed that year if they were in the West.

YouGotServed
07-01-2014, 01:05 AM
:whatever: You don't even need that kind of analysis to clown that boy, smook.

Here let me show you:

You root for the Bucks, ass-wipe. I win by default.

See? It's pretty simple. :cheers:

Jasper
07-01-2014, 01:19 AM
name the franchises that have won a chip.
NOW name the franchises that haven't won a chip.

It will take about 3-4 years for the rebuild to be complete.
Ersan - needs to be dealt.
HE seems to play better when no pressure is on him.

Sanders needs to be dealt.

We still need at least 3 viable players to truly make the playoffs.
Last years roster was truly a role player team , with tons of injuries.

If they would of been healthy , they would of at least snared the 8th seed.

New owners , 3 draft picks , and 3 core players and now a new coach.

should be interesting.