PDA

View Full Version : How does LeBron have any debate over Michael Jordan as GOAT?

NBAplayoffs2001
06-29-2014, 11:08 PM

coin24
06-29-2014, 11:09 PM
Bran isn't even top10

Fork
06-29-2014, 11:10 PM
Lebron will never be GOAT, at this point it's about being top 5. Right now he's either top 15 or top 10

SHAQisGOAT
06-29-2014, 11:11 PM
Tbh, only ignorant people and stans will say he does... At this point Bron's not even that close to the top5 and although I'd say he has a top10 peak, he doesn't have a top5 peak, all-time

Meticode
06-29-2014, 11:14 PM
He doesn't at all. He's not even in the top 10 yet on most sane people's list.

coin24
06-29-2014, 11:14 PM
This current bs of playing for less to stack his team even more is only making it worse:lol
Who does that in there prime?!?:facepalm

The only GOAT discussion bran is in, is GOAT BETA

dubeta
06-29-2014, 11:18 PM
Playing in a tougher era without a GOAT coach

better rebounder, assister, most versatile defender, better 3 point shooter, more athletic, better attacking the basket, more efficient scorer

tbh when you dissect their game the only thing Jordan did better was the midrange shot and steals, lebron is better at every other aspect of bball

obviously stans will look at ring count before acknowledging that LeBron is only 29 and only had a great team from 2011-2013, with a mediocre supporting cast every other year

Im not saying LeBron is better, or will be better than MJ i'm just saying he will be top 5 and at least in the conversation when its all over.

J Shuttlesworth
06-29-2014, 11:20 PM
Nobody credible is even trying to have this conversation yet. LeBron is still 29 years old FFS. Let him finish his career before we make any real comparisons.

SHAQisGOAT
06-29-2014, 11:20 PM

better rebounder, assister, most versatile defender, better 3 point shooter, more athletic, better attacking the basket, more efficient scorer

tbh when you dissect their game the only thing Jordan did better was the midrange shot and steals, lebron is better at every other aspect of bball

obviously stans will look at ring count before acknowledging that LeBron is only 29 and only had a great team from 2011-2013, with a mediocre supporting cast every other year

Im not saying LeBron is better, or will be better than MJ i'm just saying he will be top 5 and at least in the conversation when its all over.

:roll: :facepalm

NBAplayoffs2001
06-29-2014, 11:22 PM

I ran out of negs for today. Can all you guys pitch in for this dummy?

TheMarkMadsen

I hate ISH

LAZERUSS
Nobody credible is even trying to have this conversation yet. LeBron is still 29 years old FFS. Let him finish his career before we make any real comparisons.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

People forget that Michael started winning his titles at age 29.

stalkerforlife
06-29-2014, 11:23 PM
Horrible thread.

Doesn't deserve to be dignified.

funnystuff
06-29-2014, 11:29 PM
He should of lost to the Pacers so most of us "sane" people would of kept him in the top 10.

2/4 :bowdown:

50%!!!

nzahir
06-29-2014, 11:30 PM
Lebron fan here...who is actually admitting to him being better than MJ, but?

But im not saying it cant happen; they both have advntages over each other.
Mj: better mid range, better ft, better at steals, better in clutch(but lebron is very good in the clutch as well; dont feel like putting up stats tbh but if I have to I will), better scorer overall.
Lebron: Better rebounder, passer/playmaker, more versatile defender, will end up with more efficient fg%, and better 3 point shooter.

Lebrons career isnt even over yet, another 3-4 years of this lebron at LEAST, maybe even another 1 or 2 like MJ.
Lets wait and see what happens

jstern
06-29-2014, 11:32 PM
He has a debate in terms of his talent, the number he puts up, the type of impact he can have, but Jordan's, insane drive, will and focus just puts him in another level than anyone else in the top ten. Only Bird comes close.

Lebron fan here...who is actually admitting to him being better than MJ, but?

But im not saying it cant happen; they both have advntages over each other.
Mj: better mid range, better ft, better at steals, better in clutch(but lebron is very good in the clutch as well; dont feel like putting up stats tbh but if I have to I will), better scorer overall.
Lebron: Better rebounder, passer/playmaker, more versatile defender, will end up with more efficient fg%, and better 3 point shooter.

Lebrons career isnt even over yet, another 3-4 years of this lebron at LEAST, maybe even another 1 or 2 like MJ.
Lets wait and see what happens

Your comment sounds very, I don't know, like you've never watched Jordan played and are just going by numbers and trying to come to a logical conclusion. I mean, what can you do, people aren't born knowing things that happened before they were born. That's the problem with these debates, people are born and then die, and more accurate opinions die with them. That's why I can't really judge players like Wilt.

JohnFreeman
06-29-2014, 11:36 PM
We can all agree that Kobe isn't top 10

NumberSix
06-29-2014, 11:53 PM
Why don't you ask if he is a BETTER PLAYER? What use this meaningless "GOAT" title with no objective criteria or merit?

knicksman
06-29-2014, 11:57 PM

except that the midrange shot is the most difficult aspect of the game. How can you be the best if your not the best at the most difficult thing? Its like saying youre a genius despite failing at math because of your high grades at easier subjects. Its like saying lebron is the best because of his RS season stats despite him nowhere to be found at the most difficult game(finals). But Im not surprised, bran fans are also wilt fans. The dumbest group in this board.

knicksman
06-29-2014, 11:58 PM
We can all agree that Kobe isn't top 10

Hey brah! how does it feel to be officially declared one of the lowest IQs on this board?:lol

nzahir
06-29-2014, 11:59 PM
He has a debate in terms of his talent, the number he puts up, the type of impact he can have, but Jordan's, insane drive, will and focus just puts him in another level than anyone else in the top ten. Only Bird comes close.

Your comment sounds very, I don't know, like you've never watched Jordan played and are just going by numbers and trying to come to a logical conclusion. I mean, what can you do, people aren't born knowing things that happened before they were born. That's the problem with these debates, people are born and then die, and more accurate opinions die with them. That's why I can't really judge players like Wilt.
True I guess, I only have his numbers to look at and clips(highlights and lowlights); only seen a few classic games when nba tv showed them.
But Im a stats guy anyways, even compare players now by stats. Probably why I like lebron so much, and the highlights(especially in cleveland when i started watching ball in like 04-05 ish really)

dubeta
06-30-2014, 12:05 AM
except that the midrange shot is the most difficult aspect of the game. How can you be the best if your not the best at the most difficult thing? Its like saying youre a genius despite failing at math because of your high grades at easier subjects. Its like saying lebron is the best because of his RS season stats despite him nowhere to be found at the most difficult game(finals). But Im not surprised, bran fans are also wilt fans. The dumbest group in this board.

Bosh is better than Shaq?

knicksman
06-30-2014, 12:09 AM
Bosh is better than Shaq?

give bosh shaq body. LOL that IQ

OldSchoolBBall
06-30-2014, 10:22 AM

Jordan was FAR better at playing off the ball, far better shooter inside 23 feet, far better midrange game overall, was a better playmaker (not necessarily a better passer - these are two different things), was a better and more disruptive defensive player (i.e., had more defensive impact), was far better at game management and reading the flow of games (knowing when to attack, how to stop runs etc.), and was far, FAR more clutch.

26-30 year old Jordan would clearly be the best player in the league today. Don't kid yourself.

tmacattack33
06-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Best Peak ever since Shaq, in 2009 or 2012. Maybe Duncan in 2003...I can't say I was dieing to get home from school back then to watch the Spurs play though, so I don't know about that.

So only about 5 players ever have had a peak like that. So he's up there just as much as Larry or Magic is.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Jordan was FAR better at playing off the ball, far better shooter inside 23 feet, far better midrange game overall, was a better playmaker (not necessarily a better passer - these are two different things), was a better and more disruptive defensive player (i.e., had more defensive impact), was far better at game management and reading the flow of games (knowing when to attack, how to stop runs etc.), and was far, FAR more clutch.

26-30 year old Jordan would clearly be the best player in the league today. Don't kid yourself.

Neg him please :cheers:. Oops I mean dubeta not this guy.

riseagainst
06-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Bran isn't even top10

this. He is not even top 20 right now. Let him break the top 20 first then talk about the top 10, THEN he can try to inch forward.

unbreakable
06-30-2014, 11:59 AM
He doesn't at all. He's not even in the top 10 yet on most sane people's list.

yet after he repeated everyone and their mama (including you and Kblaze) were saying lebron is a GOAT candidate and probably better than MJ

you and kblaze are worse than ESPN

LeBird
06-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Lebron doesn't have a case. If he continues on this trajectory he might, but he doesn't at the moment.

TheMan
06-30-2014, 01:25 PM

:facepalm. This is so cringe worthy that only a bonafide LeBron cocksvcker could've written this. Everyone else will see this for the garbage it is.

r0drig0lac
06-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Jordan was a better basketball player than LeBron, that's all

inclinerator
06-30-2014, 04:42 PM
easy, michael jordan played in a worse era