PDA

View Full Version : If you think Wiggins is gonna properly develop under Kyrie.. Ive got some bad news

unbreakable
06-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Wiggins development will be completely hampered by playing next to ball dominant diva Kyrie.... remember Dion gave Kyrie a black eye for playing buddy ball with Thompson..
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/28/report-dion-waiters-accused-kyrie-irving-tristan-thompson-of-playing-buddy-ball/

Wiggins is a tae kwando master.. i hope he destroys Kyrie for being a ballhog :rockon:

noob cake
06-30-2014, 12:07 PM
Wiggins can't even dribble the ball right now. He is better off developing to his strength as a third option.

DukeDelonte13
06-30-2014, 12:08 PM
:oldlol:

do people really believe Dion gave Kyrie a black eye?

Wiggins is one rookie i that will develop fine no matter where he goes. He doesn't need the ball in his hands constantly. Kyrie and Dion can take the pressure off of him, Wiggins isn't going to be put in a position where he has to consistently create his own offense which is a weakness of his.

unbreakable
06-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Wiggins can't even dribble the ball right now. He is better off developing to his strength as a third option.

he has a deadly first step when he gets the rock in good spots.. kyrie hates to pass and im worried (as are most cav fans) that kyrie wont get Wiggins involved..

most real Cav fans I talk to agree that Kyrie should be traded for a pass first, defensive first PG to revolve around Dion and Wiggins :rockon:

KyrieTheFuture
06-30-2014, 12:10 PM
he has a deadly first step when he gets the rock in good spots.. kyrie hates to pass and im worried (as are most cav fans) that kyrie wont get Wiggins involved..

most real Cav fans I talk to agree that Kyrie should be traded for a pass first, defensive first PG to revolve around Dion and Wiggins :rockon:
Is there a reason you are pretending that you care about the cavs or know a single cavs fan?

FatComputerNerd
06-30-2014, 12:11 PM
Lol at people saying Kyrie hates to pass.

Sure, he has played hero ball at times, but that was when we had very few other offensive options. He also generally only does it in the 4th quarter of close games when he's had to.

It's not like he's a ball-hogging chucker, and his passing skills are actually quite underrated on here.

This is from 2012/2013 but shows his passing ability well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s26uLHAEwIo

If Wiggins is really as athletic as they say I foresee a lot of Kyrie to Wigggins alley-oops on the break.

unbreakable
06-30-2014, 12:15 PM
It's not like he's a ball-hogging chucker, and his passing skills are actually quite underrated on here.

im not doubting kyries ability to pass.. hes very creative..

its his WILLINGNESS to pass.. hes known to hold the ball for 20 seconds dribbling ala prime steve francis dribble dribble dribble dribble....

i visit cleveland often and frequent the barbershops to talk hoops and almost all agree cleveland should trade kyrie ASAP while his value is high to get a REAL LEADER...

kyrie is all hype from his commercials and dribbling.. not much championship substance there

Droid101
06-30-2014, 12:18 PM
"Kyrie hates to pass."

Jesus christ. Cavs fans now know how Laker fans feel on this stupid forum.

unbreakable
06-30-2014, 12:19 PM
"Kyrie hates to pass."

Jesus christ. Cavs fans now know how Laker fans feel on this stupid forum.

Chucking Kobe (05-07) didnt have half the talent on his squad that current Kyrie has ... Kobe was forced to be ball dominant..

Kyrie is a POINT GUARD who is supposed to create for teammates and get others involved.. but he doesnt, which is why ALPHA DION WAITERS gave Kyrie a black eye :confusedshrug:

Lebron23
06-30-2014, 12:20 PM
Can we judge them after they play 2 full seasons in the NBA??

FatComputerNerd
06-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Chucking Kobe (05-07) didnt have half the talent on his squad that current Kyrie has ... Kobe was forced to be ball dominant..

Kyrie is a POINT GUARD who is supposed to create for teammates and get others involved.. but he doesnt, which is why ALPHA DION WAITERS gave Kyrie a black eye :confusedshrug:

Yes, he does. Also, his APG has increased every year he's been in the league, and will most likely continue to do so.

russwest0
06-30-2014, 12:24 PM
To me it was just obvious that Parker and Embiid were better prospects than Wiggins. Okay, so Embiid was hurt, but why pass on Parker. Was Parker really dead set on not playing for Cleveland? I mean, whats he going to do once he's drafted?

DukeDelonte13
06-30-2014, 12:25 PM
i don't know this unbreakable dude but i do know that there is some slight validity to what he's saying.

Kyrie CAN pass but he doesn't often look to do so.

I think it took Kyrie up to his third season to record his first 10 assist game, i don't recall him having one his rookie or sophomore season.

Undrafted rookie Delly had two 10 assist games his rookie season.

I think Dion might have had a 10 assist game before Kyrie did. Thats obviously not a complete picture but you see what i'm getting at. Kyrie's really more of a shooting guard.

And there are plenty of cavs fans who have no problem trading Kyrie and that support Dion a lot more.

Kyrie did however have his best passing year IMO this past season. He also had his best defensive year. He's taking baby steps but hopefully his passing continues and his ball hogging diminishes.

Haymaker
06-30-2014, 12:34 PM
I'm still waiting for Waiter's promise of becoming the best SG in the league.

DukeDelonte13
06-30-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm still waiting for Waiter's promise of becoming the best SG in the league.

19 ppg on 45% post all star break is pretty damn good for a second year SG.

FatComputerNerd
06-30-2014, 12:40 PM
i don't know this unbreakable dude but i do know that there is some slight validity to what he's saying.

Kyrie CAN pass but he doesn't often look to do so.

I think it took Kyrie up to his third season to record his first 10 assist game, i don't recall him having one his rookie or sophomore season.

Undrafted rookie Delly had two 10 assist games his rookie season.

I think Dion might have had a 10 assist game before Kyrie did. Thats obviously not a complete picture but you see what i'm getting at. Kyrie's really more of a shooting guard.

And there are plenty of cavs fans who have no problem trading Kyrie and that support Dion a lot more.

Kyrie did however have his best passing year IMO this past season. He also had his best defensive year. He's taking baby steps but hopefully his passing continues and his ball hogging diminishes.

He had a 10 assist game, an 11 assist game, and a 12 assist game as a rookie, 5 10+ assist games as a sophomore, and 8 this past year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/6442/year/2012/kyrie-irving

Don't get me wrong. I agree his apg #'s need to go up, but I think they will, as they have every year.

Rookie year: 5.4 apg
Sophomore year: 5.9 apg
Third year: 6.1 apg

Cactus-Sack
06-30-2014, 12:43 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/b748ad7e071f69d9c766d26abf692753/tumblr_n72f3eqw541qdcjd4o1_500.gif

DukeDelonte13
06-30-2014, 12:43 PM
He had a 10 assist game, an 11 assist game, and a 12 assist game as a rookie.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/6442/year/2012/kyrie-irving

Don't get me wrong. I agree his apg #'s need to go up, but I think they will, as they have every year.

Rookie year: 5.4 apg
Sophomore year: 5.9 apg
Third year: 6.1 apg

i stand corrected.

But hopefully they go up some more and he starts trusting in his teammates more. I'm so sick of him throwing away the last few possessions of every close game. Hopefully Blatt gets to him.

FatComputerNerd
06-30-2014, 12:46 PM
The problem, IMO, is that he hasn't had very many skilled scorers to pass to, and has often had to take on the brunt of the scoring load.

He also does have a little AI in him...but I see a little CP3 in him too, so hopefully he can channel both sides and put it all together.

DukeDelonte13
06-30-2014, 12:48 PM
The problem is that he hasn't had very many skilled people to pass to IMO, and has had to take on the brunt of the scoring load.

He also does have a little AI in him...but I see a little CP3 in him too, so hopefully he can channel both sides and put it all together.

I don't buy that excuse. Good floor generals create easy opportunities. Dion is far better at creating those opportunities than Kyrie is.

FatComputerNerd
06-30-2014, 12:50 PM
I don't buy that excuse. Good floor generals create easy opportunities. Dion is far better at creating those opportunities than Kyrie is.

I don't know that I'd say he's better at it. He's certainly capable, hence us seeing Kyrie playing off the ball more this past season, but I wouldn't go so far as to say Dion would be a better PG.

In any case, I hope the rumors about them not getting along are false, because they could be an amazing duo for years to come.

Mass Debator
06-30-2014, 01:07 PM
So yall want Dion and Wiggins to lead the team next year? o_O
Rubio + Pekovic + picks for Kyrie? lol

dubeta
06-30-2014, 01:12 PM
To me it was just obvious that Parker and Embiid were better prospects than Wiggins. Okay, so Embiid was hurt, but why pass on Parker. Was Parker really dead set on not playing for Cleveland? I mean, whats he going to do once he's drafted?

he's fat

JellyBean
06-30-2014, 01:27 PM
I hope that you are wrong and Wiggins develops into an all-star. But I think that you are spot on with Wiggins struggling with Kyrie and the whole Cavs system. We will see in about 120 days.

Meticode
06-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Well, hopefully the hiring of David Blatt, making the team push and pass the ball and cut to the basket will help develop Wiggins. The players have to buy into it. That's something Wiggins should excel at if he incorporates pushing the ball and cutting to the basket.

Hopefully we can see a major improvement this year in regards to team basketball.

Meticode
06-30-2014, 01:30 PM
I hope that you are wrong and Wiggins develops into an all-star. But I think that you are spot on with Wiggins struggling with Kyrie and the whole Cavs system. We will see in about 120 days.
We don't even konw what the system is going to be.

They went from a defensive minded coach that didn't give a shit what went on on offense to a offensive minded coach the preaches pushing the ball, passing the ball, and cutting to the basket.

Meticode
06-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Did you not follow any of their workouts or reports? Here's my analysis...

Embiid automatically lost the first pick because of the foot fracture. The same type of fracture that cuts so many big-men's career short or limits them. Yao Ming hand it, Bill Walton had it, Big Z had it.

Here's the reasons I think they didn't pick Parker.

1.) This is the biggest time of his career right now and most important. He should be shooting for the #1 spot right? You get more money, more light, etc. Well he comes to his Cavs workout 15-20 pounds overweight when he was already considered 5-10 pounds overweight when he was playing at Duke.

2.) During the Cavs workout he tanks the workout. Totally underperforms from reports.

3.) After the workout he was qouted on saying "I think Milwaukee picks me at #2." He totally descredits the Cavs from taking him. If this doesn't scream, "I don't want to play in Cleveland, I want to play in Milwaukee!" I don't know what does.

4.) Wiggins came into his workouts prepared and totally in shape, ripped and lean saying all the right things to the effect of, "I don't care where I get drafted, I will play hard anywhere I go."

So I ask you, do you select a more NBA ready prospect that is a slightly tweener at SF/PF, is overweight when he comes into his workout before the draft and says he thinks he'll be chosen at #2. Or do you select the less NBA offensive prospect that has a higher ceiling, but is a top 3 defensive talent on the draft and says all the right things going into the draft?

I don't think there's really a choice to be made here. You pick Wiggins. Parker showing up out of shape during the most important time of his career and saying he thought he would go #2 says enough I think.

hawksdogsbraves
06-30-2014, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't be worried about developing alongside Irving. You don't want Wiggins to have a green light anyway at this point.

If anything I'd be a little worried about that locker room, it's been really toxic the past couple of years. Hopefully Blatt and Lue can turn it around.

Meticode
06-30-2014, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't be worried about developing alongside Irving. You don't want Wiggins to have a green light anyway at this point.

If anything I'd be a little worried about that locker room, it's been really toxic the past couple of years. Hopefully Blatt and Lue can turn it around.
I think it starts with the coach and staying on top of stuff. Deng was reported on saying that the stuff that went on in that locker-room wouldn't be tolerated when he was on the Bulls (and this was AFTER Bynum had already been shipped out). :oldlol:

I follow Waiters Twitter, he definitely comes off selfish or self-absorbed. Most o the stuff he retweets are things people are saying about him. I don't know if he's that way, but she sure comes off that way on Tweeter.

hawksdogsbraves
06-30-2014, 02:09 PM
I think it starts with the coach and staying on top of stuff. Deng was reported on saying that the stuff that went on in that locker-room wouldn't be tolerated when he was on the Bulls (and this was AFTER Bynum had already been shipped out). :oldlol:

I follow Waiters Twitter, he definitely comes off selfish or self-absorbed. Most o the stuff he retweets are things people are saying about him. I don't know if he's that way, but she sure comes off that way on Tweeter.

Everything I've heard about Waiters makes it seem like that's the case.

The coaching instability, (and incompetence) probably hasn't helped the locker room. I don't know what sort of disciplinarian Blatt is but this is still a very young team, establishing a good locker room should be objective 1. If that means shipping Waiters out, then I'd say do it.

BrownEye007
06-30-2014, 02:29 PM

You do realize that Kyrie got a black eye from getting elbowed in the face during a game right?