PDA

View Full Version : Whose a better defender, Eddie Jones in his prime or Rick fox with the lakers?

NBAplayoffs2001
06-30-2014, 03:10 PM
chr

FatComputerNerd
06-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Jones is one of the most underrated players of all time.

Fox was a pretty good defender though, and big for his position...tough one to call really.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-30-2014, 03:14 PM

Fox was a pretty good defender though, and big for his position...tough one to call really.

Agreed. Quite talented player 14k points with all out effort.

Im so nba'd out
06-30-2014, 03:15 PM
i'm afraid i've got some bad news...Kobetards get use to threads like this because you be will reminiscing about the past for the for foreseeable future.
http://www.boredwrestlingfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/240m657.gif

NBAplayoffs2001
06-30-2014, 03:16 PM
lol get use to this kobetards you be will reminiscing about the past for the for foreseeable future.

Not a laker fan bro. I just remember watching a lot of Eddie Jones on the Heat and Hornets while watching Rick Fox on those Lakers teams.

FatComputerNerd
06-30-2014, 03:33 PM
I think prime Fox was a 3&D type of a guy, whereas Jones was an alpha scorer...hence the Lakers trading him for Rice once they realized what they had in Kobe.

I remember watching Jones though and loving his game. He was so smooth...almost Dr. J-esque.

Obligatory EJ highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=per8qMMRqZ4

andgar923
06-30-2014, 03:36 PM
Two different kinds of defenders imo.

Eddie was a better perimeter defender, while Fox was def the better low post defender.

Fox was smarter
Eddie was quicker

Fox was stronger
Eddie was longer

Micku
06-30-2014, 04:19 PM

This is how I feel.

Good question.

bizil
06-30-2014, 06:15 PM
I would say Eddie. He was one of those guys who could defend PG, SG, and SF. Fox was a very good defender as well too who could play effective D on SG, SF, and PF. Both he and Horry could do that for that Lakers. So u put that with a very good defensive backcourt with Fish and Kobe, that made for a great aspect of that Lakers dynasty.

Smoke117
06-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Really? Fox was an ok defender on a team where he had to expend little energy doing anything else. Jones was a good-very good (and great a couple of years) defensive player while also being one of his teams leading scorers.

allball
06-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Rick Fox

JellyBean
06-30-2014, 07:48 PM

Eddie was a better perimeter defender, while Fox was def the better low post defender.

Fox was smarter
Eddie was quicker

Fox was stronger
Eddie was longer

This

Droid101
06-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Eddie Jones' mustache always bugged me.

20Four
06-30-2014, 07:56 PM
Eddie Jones' mustache always bugged me.
Eddie Jones was a better defender, nikka was so athletic and long for his size, I remember him dunking from free-throw line over bradley or close to it in a game.....fvcking sick:bowdown: :bowdown:

NBAplayoffs2001
06-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Eddie Jones was a better defender, nikka was so athletic and long for his size, I remember him dunking from free-throw line over bradley or close to it in a game.....fvcking sick:bowdown: :bowdown:

:applause: It's a shame that I know people who have followed the NBA intently since like 2000 and never heard of him...

Rooster
06-30-2014, 08:01 PM

Fox was smarter
Eddie was quicker

Fox was stronger
Eddie was longer

I could make the same comparison with Devean George who plays similar position with Fox and as athletic as Eddie Jones. The only difference is George cannot create his own shots while Eddie can and Eddie has quicker reflexes. I remember Jones blocking Jordan fadeaway shot one time. He bite the fake but still quick enough to jump again and swat Jordan.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-30-2014, 08:02 PM
I could make the same comparison with Devean George who plays similar position with Fox and as athletic as Eddie Jones. The only difference is George cannot create his own shots while Eddie can and Eddie has quicker reflexes. I remember Jones blocking Jordan fadeaway shot one time. He bite the fake but still quick enough to jump again and swat Jordan.

Out of curiosity, link?

GimmeThat
06-30-2014, 08:06 PM
I would have to go with Eddie Jones being the better man defender
Rick Fox being the better lane defender.

IllegalD
06-30-2014, 08:06 PM
i'm afraid i've got some bad news...Kobetards get use to threads like this because you be will reminiscing about the past for the for foreseeable future.
http://www.boredwrestlingfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/240m657.gif

Lakers and their fans living rent free in yo head, bra. :lol

20Four
06-30-2014, 08:37 PM
:applause: It's a shame that I know people who have followed the NBA intently since like 2000 and never heard of him...
Thats unheard of...wtf I remember when Eddie Jones had number 23? Then he had to change it because it was a retired number for the lakers, then he changed it to 6, it was funny because the way the lakers jerseys were back in the day, it was hard to tell 6 from 8 so sometimes when eddie jones got called for a foul, they would put up number 8 on their hands lol thats when the lakers changed the way the numbers looked.....

ILLsmak
06-30-2014, 08:44 PM
I never thought Fox was an amazing defender. Jones was.

-Smak