PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony & Bulls meeting later tonight

Dengness9
06-30-2014, 03:26 PM
@SamiBulls: According to ESPN radio, Carmelo has just landed in Chicago. #Bulls will meet Melo in 12 hours at midnight.

Don't let him leave Chi w/out signing the damn contract.

:lol

It's gonna be a long week :rolleyes:

RoundMoundOfReb
06-30-2014, 03:28 PM
He's almost certainly gonna leave without signing. He has meetings scheduled tomorrow.

LoneyROY7
06-30-2014, 03:29 PM
Can't wait to see the Bulls next season with Melo. Definitely gonna be rooting for them to come out of the East.

Smook A.
06-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Man these upcoming weeks are going to feel like months, especially if you're a Bulls/Knicks/Rockets fan.

Dengness9
06-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Man these upcoming weeks are going to feel like months, especially if you're a Bulls/Knicks/Rockets fan.

Word. Minutes go by like hours.

Just want to get it over with at this point.

I'm on the fence. Prying him out of the big Apple is gonna be hard.

Dengness9
06-30-2014, 03:36 PM
He's almost certainly gonna leave without signing. He has meetings scheduled tomorrow.

He is in Chi all day Tuesday.

I know they are taking Melo to the Bulls brand new state of the art practice facility across from the UC.

Supposedly meeting with Melo is Reinsdorf, Gar, Pax, Thibs, Pippen and maybe Noah.

That's a solid group. Him and Pip have been overseas together just a week or two ago.http://www.ballermindframe.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/SW14089_NIKE_Quai54_Keyshot_Carmelo_x_Scottie_v04_ 30847.jpeg

Come on Melo, you're a JordanBrand star and close with Pip now. We need ya!

russwest0
06-30-2014, 03:37 PM

I know they are taking Melo to the Bulls brand new state of the art practice facility across from the UC.

Supposedly meeting with Melo is Reinsdorf, Gar, Pax, Thibs, Pippen and maybe Noah.

That's a solid group. Him and Pip have been overseas together just a week or two ago.http://www.ballermindframe.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/SW14089_NIKE_Quai54_Keyshot_Carmelo_x_Scottie_v04_ 30847.jpeg

Lol @ how much longer Pippen's wingspan looks

LoneyROY7
06-30-2014, 03:39 PM

Melo's wingspan is 7'0 and Pippen's is 7'2.

Dagouch
06-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Knicks Fan chiming in.

If he does leave NY, I wouldn't mind him going to Chicago. Thibs is a class act. Just as long as Melo doesn't go to Miami (not Happening) or the Rockets then I'm okay. I would rather him stay a Knick.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-30-2014, 03:40 PM
They actually have the same wingspan (7 ft). Pippen's arms may be longer though.

LoneyROY7
06-30-2014, 03:41 PM
They actually have the same wingspan (7 ft). Pippen's arms may be longer though.

Everywhere I look says Pippen has a 7'2 wingspan.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Everywhere I look says Pippen has a 7'2 wingspan.
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/

LoneyROY7
06-30-2014, 03:45 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/

Ah ok.

hawksdogsbraves
06-30-2014, 04:00 PM

And of course Rose isn't there.

Has there ever been a more socially inept star player? Kid has an MVP and he might as well be a rookie for as much influence as he has on the organization.

eeeeeebro
06-30-2014, 05:17 PM
see the signs ________NIKE_________ rose is Adidas 100 mil rose wouldnt be caught dead near anything nike just saying... at least give the brotha a chance when you criticize him

Meticode
06-30-2014, 05:20 PM
I think this is where he should go if he wants to win.

D-Rose
06-30-2014, 05:21 PM
I think this is where he should go if he wants to win.
Agreed. Best situation. He can work the "I want to play for this coach & become a good defender" angle. No way should he go to Mavs/Rockets because it's the West.

Meticode
06-30-2014, 05:22 PM
see the signs ________NIKE_________ rose is Adidas 100 mil rose wouldnt be caught dead near anything nike just saying... at least give the brotha a chance when you criticize him
Can you post proper English please? I don't understand what you're posting.

Blue&Orange
06-30-2014, 05:28 PM
why knicks fans? Aside from watching Hardway and that guy that comes early develop, Knicks off season and season is going to be boring as shit.

el gringos
06-30-2014, 05:37 PM
why knicks fans? Aside from watching Hardway and that guy that comes early develop, Knicks off season and season is going to be boring as shit.
Don't give a knock hater life. The Knicks future depends on Carmelo and these next few weeks. If you do t see that these trolls have every reason to needle you

AirFederer
06-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Pip looks the fittest :bowdown:

Meticode
06-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Agreed. Best situation. He can work the "I want to play for this coach & become a good defender" angle. No way should he go to Mavs/Rockets because it's the West.
Well this and i want to see Thibs pull the rest of his hair out. :oldlol:

STATUTORY
06-30-2014, 05:42 PM

Melo more out of shape than a retired player

keep refueling with them chocolate milk. clearly working :facepalm

Real14
06-30-2014, 06:56 PM
Meeting for absolutely nothing!:no: :oldlol:

LosBulls
06-30-2014, 07:06 PM
If only we could get Jordan to meet up with him and convince him to join the Bulls.

LosBulls
06-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Melo more out of shape than a retired player

keep refueling with them chocolate milk. clearly working :facepalm
Melo is not out of shape. It's his body type and it fits his game really well especially when driving to the basket, boxing out, and fighting for rebounds.

Similar to:
http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/t_21875_07.jpg

SamuraiSWISH
06-30-2014, 07:10 PM
Somehow we'll mess it up. We just don't get quality Free Agents since Dennis Rodman. No one wants to play here. Whether it was for Krause, or post MJ legacy years. Won't make a difference. I'm prepared for let down.

To4
06-30-2014, 07:12 PM
If he wants a chance to win a Ring - BULLS...

If he only wants Mula - Knicks...

Real14
06-30-2014, 07:12 PM
If only we could get Jordan to meet up with him and convince him to join the Bulls.
Jordan would tell him to stay in new York, remember we are talking about tha GOAT here not lebron:no:

Real14
06-30-2014, 07:13 PM
If he wants a chance to win a Ring - BULLS...

If he only wants Mula - Knicks...
no chance at all:no:

mugiwara
06-30-2014, 08:33 PM
Can you post proper English please? I don't understand what you're posting.

He is referring to the picture of Melo & Pip. Rose aint there because he is signed with Adidas so he wouldnt be there. On the same note no one is saying rose should be there so i dont know what he is on about either lol

TheMan
06-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Somehow we'll mess it up. We just don't get quality Free Agents since Dennis Rodman. No one wants to play here. Whether it was for Krause, or post MJ legacy years. Won't make a difference. I'm prepared for let down.
Melo ain't going anywhere. He's just using these visits as leverage for max money in NY.

CHi1PriDe
06-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Man hopefully this T-storm doesn't scare Melo away :cry:

eeeeeebro
06-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Lol right this storm grrrr

SamuraiSWISH
06-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Lol right this storm grrrr
Right?

The_Pharcyde
06-30-2014, 09:59 PM
And of course Rose isn't there.

Has there ever been a more socially inept star player? Kid has an MVP and he might as well be a rookie for as much influence as he has on the organization.

How stupid can you be?
This is a nike event...
You think pippen and melo are just playing pick up ball

JohnFreeman
06-30-2014, 10:01 PM
Why wouldn't Rose recruit? At least help your team for fvck sake

Dengness9
06-30-2014, 10:48 PM
no chance at all:no:

It's like you are the over-protective GF of Melo's and if anyone ever talks about any other team, you are like

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/thefw.com/files/2012/06/Overly-Attached-Girlfriend-12.png

We get it bro, you can't be objective and talk hoops at the same time. Just keep actin' real feminine over your BF.

ReturnofJPR
06-30-2014, 10:48 PM
Google melo on punk'd

Dudes a clown, slacker (Look at how many of you called him out for being out of shape), idiot. He turned a hoe into a housewife.

If he joins the Chicago Bulls then The Bulls have a super team.

If he doesn't, that's fine too.

PG: Rose, Augustin
SG: Butler, Hinrich
SF: Pierce/Hayward/Parsons/Ariza, Dougie McBuckets
PF: Gibson, Mirotic
C: Noah, Kaman

F melo!

DaSeba5
06-30-2014, 10:49 PM
Melo ain't going anywhere. He's just using these visits as leverage for max money in NY.

I would actually be surprised if he doesn't sign with the Bulls.

poido123
06-30-2014, 10:50 PM
Can't wait to see the Bulls next season with Melo. Definitely gonna be rooting for them to come out of the East.

:applause:

poido123
06-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Why wouldn't Rose recruit? At least help your team for fvck sake

Not his style.

Rose isn't a particularly outgoing guy. I can't see him outwardly asking other guys to join him, I just don't see it.

poido123
06-30-2014, 10:53 PM

If he is, fck that guy.

When is enough money enough? Surely he's earnt enough to feed his family and his family's family. :confusedshrug:

JohnFreeman
06-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Not his style.

Rose isn't a particularly outgoing guy. I can't see him outwardly asking other guys to join him, I just don't see it.
He should at least show up if a guy comes into town.

poido123
06-30-2014, 10:56 PM

Jordan would more than likely scare Melo away.

Show Melo the banners, the championship trophy room, tell him that he has big shoes to fill and that he is better off going elsewhere because it's Jordan's town :oldlol:

poido123
06-30-2014, 10:57 PM
He should at least show up if a guy comes into town.

He would sit there in the boardroom and not say a word :oldlol:

97 bulls
06-30-2014, 11:01 PM
I sure wish Rose would be on board with recruiting players. Im starting to lose respect for him. His main focus should be to do whatever it takes to win. Whats wrong with giving Anthony a call in an effort to land him?

Then it still seems as if hes on the fence as far as his playing. What's wrong with him? Doesnw he realize that Melo would take a tremendous amount of pressure off him?

CHi1PriDe
06-30-2014, 11:02 PM
Yeah, it would kind of nice if Rose came since he just wants to weeen.

Melo would a forever loser if he stays with the Knicks and that's on him.

Rose
Butler
Melo
Taj
Noah

And dougie mcbuckets as the 6th man!

Makes me wet, can't even imagine how much ticket prices will go up.

poido123
06-30-2014, 11:03 PM
I'll support the signing of Melo, but I can't say I'm excited by it.

Paying over 20 million for a player not named Lebron, Durant or Kobe seems like an overpay.

If he does sign, I hope it works out or we are fcked.

JohnFreeman
06-30-2014, 11:04 PM
I sure wish Rose would be on board with recruiting players. Im starting to lose respect for him. His main focus should be to do whatever it takes to win. Whats wrong with giving Anthony a call in an effort to land him?

Then it still seems as if hes on the fence as far as his playing. What's wrong with him? Doesnw he realize that Melo would take a tremendous amount of pressure off him?
Agreed

CHi1PriDe
06-30-2014, 11:05 PM
He would sit there in the boardroom and not say a word :oldlol:

Since your on, what do you think about your fellow Aussie 2nd rounder big we picked up?
Seems like a steal, he avged 20/7 and 1.5 blk.

poido123
06-30-2014, 11:05 PM

Perhaps he doesn't support the idea of recruiting players like other guys do?

Recruiting other players is basically saying you don't think your team is good enough and that you need help. Rose has a mindset where he thinks he is the best player on the court, so recruiting doesn't program in his DNA.

poido123
06-30-2014, 11:22 PM
Since your on, what do you think about your fellow Aussie 2nd rounder big we picked up?
Seems like a steal, he avged 20/7 and 1.5 blk.

Automatic from just inside the 3, very crafty post moves around the basket, has a really good work ethic, has a hook shot in his arsenal, really good combination of footwork and body control when posting up whether trying to create space for a jumpshot or get to the rack. Has a good turnaround jumper and fadeaway. Likes to use his solid frame to bang into the basket a.l.a Carmelo. Works hard in and around the rim, always looking for putbacks.

Has good shot blocking instincts, very, very good second round pick. I can see McDermott and Bairstow making big impacts on this Bulls team.

Our talent scouts are some of the best in the league. We just have trouble signing good free agents :(

CHi1PriDe
06-30-2014, 11:33 PM
Automatic from just inside the 3, very crafty post moves around the basket, has a really good work ethic, has a hook shot in his arsenal, really good combination of footwork and body control when posting up whether trying to create space for a jumpshot or get to the rack. Has a good turnaround jumper and fadeaway. Likes to use his solid frame to bang into the basket a.l.a Carmelo. Works hard in and around the rim, always looking for putbacks.

Has good shot blocking instincts, very, very good second round pick. I can see McDermott and Bairstow making big impacts on this Bulls team.

Our talent scouts are some of the best in the league. We just have trouble signing good free agents :(

Thnx for the insight, the bulls were really high on him and actually wanted to move up just to get him. He seems like a person Thibs would like, high motor, hustles and is a banger down low. Decent size and length, nice replacement for booze since we need another big scorer. Didn't know he was a coaches son too!

Can't wait to see him do work during the preseason :cheers:

ReturnofJPR
06-30-2014, 11:41 PM

He is from the south side, low income home, no active father...he's used to getting paid for doing Nothing. It's his families' way. It's all they ever learned how to do. :rant

D-Rose
06-30-2014, 11:42 PM
Thibs going to make Melo run laps during the interview.

poido123
06-30-2014, 11:44 PM
Thnx for the insight, the bulls were really high on him and actually wanted to move up just to get him. He seems like a person Thibs would like, high motor, hustles and is a banger down low. Decent size and length, nice replacement for booze since we need another big scorer. Can't wait to see him do work during the preseason :cheers:

The best part is, both of these guys will provide a significant offensive lift to this team, without giving anything away on the defensive end and they are both very hard workers.

You know what? Bairstow is already a better defender than boozer now and has a larger offensive arsenal than boozer. Bairstow also holds his own in the rebounding department, so the Bulls have essentially replaced Boozer with a fraction of the cost and he's younger :rockon: :pimp:

To think he will only get better is a scary thought, his game is pretty solid already. While other teams have trouble picking players outside of the top 10, the Bulls have hit gold a few times already.

Bairstow has a lot of Carmelo in him too with a hook shot to boot. The guy is talented and has gone unnoticed in this loaded draft.

So excited to have an Aussie on my favourite team :rockon: Might have to go buy a jersey

ReturnofJPR
06-30-2014, 11:47 PM
So excited to have an Aussie on my favourite team :rockon: Might have to go buy a jersey

Ever hear of Luc Longley? Maybe you're too young... :cheers:

D-Rose
06-30-2014, 11:47 PM
I'm excited to see Bairstow in summer league...see if he can make the roster.

poido123
06-30-2014, 11:57 PM
Ever hear of Luc Longley? Maybe you're too young... :cheers:

Maybe I should put ANOTHER aussie in my post, I wasn't too young :cheers:

I'm 32 in October.

poido123
06-30-2014, 11:57 PM
I'm excited to see Bairstow in summer league...see if he can make the roster.

Make the roster? What? :oldlol:

He's solid man, the Bulls would be mad not to use him off the bench.

ReturnofJPR
06-30-2014, 11:58 PM
Maybe I should put ANOTHER aussie in my post, I wasn't too young :cheers:

I'm 32 in October.

Sweet! Happy early Birthday

poido123
07-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Sweet! Happy early Birthday

:dancin :D

mugiwara
07-01-2014, 03:29 AM
overrating bearstow up in ere :D

poido123
07-01-2014, 03:32 AM
overrating bearstow up in ere :D

Cameron "The Bustling Bear" Bairstow to you buddy :lol

Meticode
07-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Side of the United Center.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BreXvmbCAAAj1gm.jpg

Meticode
07-01-2014, 01:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BreZuiECQAA9LEo.jpg

nightprowler10
07-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Italian meats and sausages? I guess that's one way to lure him.

Thibs going to make Melo run laps during the interview.
:oldlol:

Droid101
07-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Melo Bulls Jersey
Wonder whose photoshop they stole that from the PS thread. :lol

Chicago Brawls
07-01-2014, 01:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BreecBuCMAIEkbR.jpg

HOoopCityJones
07-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Take it from a Laker fan, that type of shit wont end well.

nightprowler10
07-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Take it from a Laker fan, that type of shit wont end well.
It's only on UC, not the whole city.

Lord Bean
07-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Now we all know why Lebron spurned the Bulls, he did not receive this type of star treatment. It seems Chicago is no exception to the "everyone hates Lebron" rule.

nightprowler10
07-01-2014, 02:13 PM
LeBron "spurned" Chicago because the Miami plan was already made.

ProfessorMurder
07-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Photoshopping him in Kukoc's number? Wonder how Kukoc feels about that?

hawkfan
07-01-2014, 02:18 PM
If Melo goes to Chicago, he will be Gamma behind Noah's Alpha and Rose's Beta.

Lord Bean
07-01-2014, 02:20 PM
LeBron "spurned" Chicago because the Miami plan was already made.
This is common exception, Lebron was not liked by Chicago. Chicago wanted to win without him and against him, and the recruiting pitch was a formality to appease the fans who did want him. No one in Chicago respected his lack of competitiveness and basketball skill, it is why they are pushing for a skilled basketball player in Carmelo now.

RRR3
07-01-2014, 03:56 PM
This is common exception, Lebron was not liked by Chicago. Chicago wanted to win without him and against him, and the recruiting pitch was a formality to appease the fans who did want him. No one in Chicago respected his lack of competitiveness and basketball skill, it is why they are pushing for a skilled basketball player in Carmelo now.
Lol wut? Lebron is easily more skilled than melo

D-Rose
07-01-2014, 03:57 PM
I want Melo on the Bulls so bad. Please gawd.

bdreason
07-01-2014, 04:17 PM
If the Bulls can keep Taj and Noah... that front-line would be scary.

Roundball_Rock
07-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Is there any word on how the meeting went?

MrC1991
07-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Please come to the Chi Melo!

smoovegittar
07-01-2014, 04:50 PM
:no: Forget it, we got it. :no:

niko
07-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Bulls don't have cap space to sign Melo unless they eat boozers salary and s and trade some assets. I don't see this.

Draz
07-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Some BR report about bulls weren't too excited about the interview

smoovegittar
07-01-2014, 06:58 PM
"Thanks for the steak!" :D

Denitron
07-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Noah, Taj and ROSE were all there today :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

dreamwarrior
07-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Jordan would more than likely scare Melo away.

Show Melo the banners, the championship trophy room, tell him that he has big shoes to fill and that he is better off going elsewhere because it's Jordan's town :oldlol:
They would expect too much from him. He'd be an easier fit in Houston or the Clippers

Dengness9
07-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Some BR report about bulls weren't too excited about the interview

Actually Nick Friedell said the opposite on an on air phone convo with the ESPN free agency show that was on ESPN2.

Bulls felt the meeting went well. Melo in a room w/ Thibs, Rose, Taj, Noah and the Bulls brass.

Thibs was in the bus that pulled up w/ Melo.

We'll see what happens. No one really knows. Most think he should stay but most think he'd be perfect in Chicago to win right away or at least have a chance too.

ballinhun8
07-01-2014, 09:01 PM

That is the best news. Having all those guys in the meeting can only be a good thing. Not to mention having Thibs.

This is different from 2010 since Noah is an All-NBA player and Thibs is here. Should help the recruiting.

smoovegittar
07-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Actually Nick Friedell said the opposite on an on air phone convo with the ESPN free agency show that was on ESPN2.

Bulls felt the meeting went well. Melo in a room w/ Thibs, Rose, Taj, Noah and the Bulls brass.

Thibs was in the bus that pulled up w/ Melo.

We'll see what happens. No one really knows. Most think he should stay but most think he'd be perfect in Chicago to win right away or at least have a chance too.
Now HERE'S realness. Yes, I agree if he left NY then Chi-Town would be the best place (IMO). Most Knick fans I know want him gone.

CHi1PriDe
07-01-2014, 09:06 PM

Nice! Noah's from NYC, Gibsons was born in Brooklyn and homegrown Rose :cheers:

Dengness9
07-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Bulls don't have cap space to sign Melo unless they eat boozers salary and s and trade some assets. I don't see this.

Niko, with all due respect.... THEY PUT MELO ON THE FRONT OF THE STADIUM IN A BULLS JERSEY NEXT TO AN O'Brien TROPHY!

They'll do whatever it takes to get him. They are just set on trying to keep Taj, and now its out Melo wants Taj there if he comes.

And Paxson was on ESPN Chi radio answering honestly that the team has the green light on Boozer.

They are eating Boozer's salary regardless if they get Melo or not. They have to try and hold out hope to trade the salary before they most likely/inevitably have to amnesty him.

Roundball_Rock
07-01-2014, 09:08 PM
If he wants to win Chicago is easily his best chance. Carmelo is 30. He has only a few more elite seasons left. The Knicks will not be competitive during that period. If he stays in New York he likely will retire ringless, unless he wins a ring as a role player later in his career a la Payton.

Nash
07-01-2014, 09:10 PM
He should just take a paycut, join his buddies in miami and guarantee himself a trip to the finals every year until the end of his career.

LA Lakers
07-01-2014, 09:19 PM
If the Bulls land Carmelo, the Heat might not make it out of the East. Pat Riley has to make some genius role player type moves. Otherwise, I don't see them winning another title, especially against the Western Conference. Wade is on the decline and the bench isn't the same. If Chicago gets Carmelo, Pat Riley really has his hands full, especially if these rumours about Lebron demanding the max are true. His teammates already took huge cuts to help the roster improve. If Carmelo isnt going to the Lakers, just keep him out of the West haha. Go to Chicago if you aren't coming here!

nathanjizzle
07-01-2014, 09:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BreecBuCMAIEkbR.jpg

wow, that shit is embarrassing. how thirsty do you need to be? We did this for tracy mcgrady showed up at the airport with a marching band and cheerleaders.

this is stupid as ****, more embarrassing than anything lebron wade and bosh has done. im disappointed in the bulls right now.

Dengness9
07-01-2014, 09:37 PM
wow, that shit is embarrassing. how thirsty do you need to be? We did this for tracy mcgrady showed up at the airport with a marching band and cheerleaders.

this is stupid as ****, more embarrassing than anything lebron wade and bosh has done. im disappointed in the bulls right now.

Jizzle...... WTF are you talking about? They have 1 target and its Melo. You have to go all out. The trophies are there because that is the reason the Bulls and Melo would come together, to get chips man.

This isnt embarrassing, its actually genius. They are trying to sink in what it would be like to be in a position to win.

And with Mcgrady it was Luvabulls and Benny at the airport. It was Krauses idea and it didnt work.

DaSeba5
07-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Like I said before, I would be surprised if he doesn't sign with the Bulls.

Rameek
07-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Don't look for Zen to aide in a S&T. He will look to rape any franchise in a deal.

nathanjizzle
07-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Jizzle...... WTF are you talking about? They have 1 target and its Melo. You have to go all out. The trophies are there because that is the reason the Bulls and Melo would come together, to get chips man.

This isnt embarrassing, its actually genius. They are trying to sink in what it would be like to be in a position to win.

And with Mcgrady it was Luvabulls and Benny at the airport. It was Krauses idea and it didnt work.

genius? looks desperate. bulls have one of the greatest franchises in nba history, we are not desperate. Some "welcome to chicago" banners would have sufficed.

Milbuck
07-01-2014, 10:05 PM
What I've read so far from various sources:

- Bulls guys thought the meeting went great and their chances are very good. None of the players who went said anything to the media, but Joakim had a "big smile" as he left.

- Thibs took the lead during the meeting, he was very thorough and covered all the points on why Melo would benefit from playing in Chicago over other places.

- Both sides, Melo and the Bulls, want to keep Taj. They both think that Taj is a great supporting player and should be kept. If Melo commits to Chicago, he'd take less money to keep Taj.

- Apparently Melo was supposed to leave for Houston right after the tour of the new practice facility. But he and his crew stayed a bit longer. He had dinner with Rose and Noah at Chicago Cut, and that Thibs also stopped by.

Black and White
07-01-2014, 10:10 PM
What I've read so far from various sources:

- Bulls guys thought the meeting went great and their chances are very good. None of the players who went said anything to the media, but Joakim had a "big smile" as he left.

- Thibs took the lead during the meeting, he was very thorough and covered all the points on why Melo would benefit from playing in Chicago over other places.

- Both sides, Melo and the Bulls, want to keep Taj. They both think that Taj is a great supporting player and should be kept. If Melo commits to Chicago, he'd take less money to keep Taj.

- Apparently Melo was supposed to leave for Houston right after the tour of the new practice facility. But he and his crew stayed a bit longer. He had dinner with Rose and Noah at Chicago Cut, and that Thibs also stopped by.

Harden was probably waiting at the airport :lol

SamuraiSWISH
07-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Thibs should've just took Melo into his basketball dungeon. Show him a long presentation of all the defensive schemes he has in store for the league's elite, including himself. Then ask do you really want to face this for the rest of your career?

LA Lakers
07-01-2014, 10:11 PM
If I'm from Chicago born and bred a Bulls fan, I want the city to do everything they can to recruit one of the most prolific scorers in the game to come to play for the Bulls. Especially, given all the recent D Rose tragedy/uncertainty and the fact that at one time you had a dynasty with the greatest basketball player of all time. I don't think Chicago can make it out of the East without a go to dynamic scorer who can play stretch 4 and grab lots of rebounds like Carmelo has the ability, too. We all know Bulls' defensive reputation. But yall never had enough on offense to get past the Heat or (former) Celtics and prob Magic with D Rose trying to do it all. It's time to go for the kill, especially in one of the weakest Eastern conferences in recent memory and with a Heat team where Wade is on the decline and the bench is gone. I think this potential Carmelo Anthony signing is a no brainer as far as a power play for Eastern Conference dominance for Chicago. Except, where is Loul Deng going?

LA Lakers
07-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Forgot to mention Bulls prob wouldnt have made it past a Cleveland team in '09 or '10, either.

Milbuck
07-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Harden was probably waiting at the airport :lol
Tear soaked beard :roll: Apparently Dwight's gonna be their Noah/Rose and sit in for the meeting..

Milbuck
07-01-2014, 10:33 PM
In other semi-big news, Rose went through a private workout in front of Melo and his crew to show that he's 100% healthy and can play at a high level next year. Supposedly this is the reason for the "Bulls feel confident" report from earlier.

kennethgriffin
07-01-2014, 10:35 PM
bulls dont have a chance. players leave their prefered destinations till last

they give the ones theyre barely thinking about first crack at it to try and sway them. also so that a player can give reassurance or a handshake in person. which would more likely come later on

who are carmelos 2 last interviews with?

LA Lakers
07-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Derrick Rose was also "100% healthy" at the start of last season... Very sad, I hope he comes back.

BlackVVaves
07-01-2014, 10:39 PM
bulls dont have a chance. players leave their prefered destinations till last

they give the ones theyre barely thinking about first crack at it to try and sway them. also so that a player can give reassurance or a handshake in person. which would more likely come later on

who are carmelos 2 last interviews with?

Let's do a perma ban bet on Melo signing with the Lakers then

CHi1PriDe
07-01-2014, 10:44 PM
In other semi-big news, Rose went through a private workout in front of Melo and his crew to show that he's 100% healthy and can play at a high level next year. Supposedly this is the reason for the "Bulls feel confident" report from earlier.

Nice report.
For some reason, I won't be that heart crushed if Melo doesn't join. With the addition of McDermott, possibly mirotic coming here and some left over money, our offense would be instantly better than last years. Rose is always a question mark but I've gotten used to it.

Can't wait for the season to start, i always drive to bradley center and get good ass seats for dirt cheap and dat spotted cow brew tho :cheers: