PDA

View Full Version : now that LeBron wants max money, should Miami still try to keep him?

jzek
06-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Or should they just let him go and use the money they'll pay him to build around Bosh and Wade?

Marchesk
06-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Lebron > Bosh & Wade

If loyalty didn't matter, I'd say they should just rebuild around Lebron. How about Lebron gets Melo and Love to sign on the cheap instead?

gts
06-30-2014, 04:13 PM
one of the best if not the best player in the league... you pretty much have to bite the bullet and do what you have to to keep in in Miami..

Assuming the max money story is true (big assumption I'm thinking) there's GMs with cap room and fans all over the league with their fingers crossed hoping Miami lowballs him and opens the door to his possibly leaving

navy
06-30-2014, 04:14 PM
lebron getting 22 million isnt a bad deal at all

lakerspng
06-30-2014, 04:16 PM
How would Miami Heat fans feel if Riley decides not to offer Wade a contract?

If Miami offers LeBron the Max, Melo the Max. and then brings in other, younger and cheaper players instead of Wade/Bosh?

Bosh I know most Heat fans have no deep loyalty to, but if they left Wade hanging out there?

NumberSix
06-30-2014, 04:22 PM
Not only is LeBron going for max money, Don't forget, Wade is opting in...... Oh wait.

Lord Bean
06-30-2014, 04:25 PM
He is not worth it. After what Lebron let happen in the finals, they should not even consider giving him that type of deal. Let him walk and build from free agency. There are plenty of players who can pass in the clutch and cramp in big games, Miami has options outside of Lebron.

Mass Debator
06-30-2014, 04:35 PM
If he gets the max, Bosh may be out or else get ready for another finals blow out if they meet the Spurs again.

InfiniteBaskets
06-30-2014, 04:38 PM
How would Miami Heat fans feel if Riley decides not to offer Wade a contract?

If Miami offers LeBron the Max, Melo the Max. and then brings in other, younger and cheaper players instead of Wade/Bosh?

Bosh I know most Heat fans have no deep loyalty to, but if they left Wade hanging out there?

LeBron is closer to Wade than I personally am. I think Riley would more have to worry about that. If Riley is willing to cut Haslem and Wade out - despite them doing the Heat a favor by opting out, and by being a foundation of Heat championships since 2006, then why would LeBron sign with Miami?

He might as well head to Chicago or Houston for a near max and play with better players than if Miami signed pretty much all FAs this summer.

I don't think Riley will end up cutting off Wade or Haslem unless they ask for something obscene. Also, Riley is smart enough to know that Melo + LeBron + $20M or so in salary cap wouldn't fare any better than what they put out last year.

mistergreens
06-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Is he good? Can the Heat get him?

strike first
06-30-2014, 06:28 PM
He is not worth it. After what Lebron let happen in the finals, they should not even consider giving him that type of deal. Let him walk and build from free agency. There are plenty of players who can pass in the clutch and cramp in big games, Miami has options outside of Lebron.

:biggums: :roll: :roll:

dubeta
06-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Only way Miami wins a championship is with LeBron

Building around Wade and Bosh is like asking the Lakers to build around Chris Kaman and Nick Young to contend :facepalm

Bandito
06-30-2014, 06:41 PM
is this even a question:biggums:

Smoke117
06-30-2014, 06:43 PM
No, they should let the best player in the world go because he wants the max money he's duly deserved.

MellowYellow
06-30-2014, 06:45 PM
They can try, but the only way they can win is if Riley betrays Wade and Bosh and doesn't give them anything close to what they opted out of.

TheMan
06-30-2014, 06:57 PM
The Heat's biggest problem is Wade, Bosh and Haslem. If they were smart, they'd let those old bums loose, offer Bran max money and still have a ton of money to get younger and better.

MellowYellow
06-30-2014, 06:59 PM
The Heat's biggest problem is Wade, Bosh and Haslem. If they were smart, they'd let those old bums loose, offer Bran max money and still have a ton of money to get younger and better.

That would be pretty f'd up, but ya that's the only way they win it this year

jzek
06-30-2014, 07:02 PM

No Balls Association so that's not gonna happen (even though it IS the correct move by the Heat).

Isn't Wade like the soul of the team and Haslem the heart? LMAO at that g4yness...