PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news: Dwight Howard turns it over a lot

SHABBA
06-30-2014, 06:49 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hY41y2w.png

:coleman:

navy
06-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Dwight Howard gets cheated on alot of his turnovers though. Players simply flop and get the call on his backdowns.

Rubio2Gasol
06-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Anyone with eyes knows this.

Would love to see a stat for his seasons with the Lakers. His fundamentals are absolutely dreadful.

And, if you lower your shoulder, like he does on basically every move he makes, it's a charge.

TheMarkMadsen
06-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Been sayin this forever.

MVBallin2K
06-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Dwight Howard gets cheated on alot of his turnovers though. Players simply flop and get the call on his backdowns.

Yeah but that's fair play for the amount of holding and hidden elbows he throws on player's backs that should be fouls but are never seen/called.

Milbuck
06-30-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm just surprised Thaddeus Young averaged 18ppg.. He needs to go to a contender.

navy
06-30-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm just surprised Thaddeus Young averaged 18ppg.. He needs to go to a contender.
Evan Turner says hello.

Brizzly
06-30-2014, 07:00 PM

A do whatever the **** you want system inflates players numbers.

ArbitraryWater
06-30-2014, 07:01 PM
I thought Dirk would turn it over more instead of being the least turnover prone guy on whatever list that is :eek:

Milbuck
06-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Evan Turner says hello.
I have a hard time believing he's anywhere near as awful as Turner. A contender could definitely use him.

Brizzly
06-30-2014, 07:04 PM
I thought Dirk would turn it over more instead of being the least turnover prone guy on whatever list that is :eek:

Dirk has always been one of the least turnover prone stars in the league, been under 2 t/o per game for most of his career, which is almost unheard for in the NBA.

SCdac
06-30-2014, 08:57 PM
It's really one of Dwight's biggest weaknesses. Considering, he's not the passer/playmaker that players like Tim Duncan, Marc Gasol, and Joakim Noah are. (so he doesn't really make up for the t/o's with assists all that much)

He's quick and strong, can make that same ol' robotic spin move in the paint with some efficiency, but he doesn't really have good handles or great court vision, gets stripped alot, and is prone to offensive fouls (turnovers) while being too aggressive. Has no shooting range to threaten the defense too.

And yeah it's nothing new. Amongst big men only, Dwight lead the league in total turnovers from 2007 - 2012 (averaging 250+ turnovers a season). In 2013, only Greg Monroe and Josh Smith turned the ball over more.

Mr Exlax
06-30-2014, 09:01 PM
I'm willing to bet he gets doubled more than everybody else on the list though.

Johnny Jones
06-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Al Jefferson bro.

Rubio2Gasol
06-30-2014, 09:35 PM

Yeah, because doubling him results in turnovers.

The Rockets were almost certainly better offensively without him on the court (If someone wants to look up the stats for it, go ahead, but just by eye test, this is the case)

Dude has mediocre fundamentals and on top of that, he's a straight up idiot. He could play the same game Tyson Chandler plays and average 22 PPG, but instead he wants to post up.

Normally, I like people that want to post up, but when, for the most part you suck at it, and the rest of your team is oriented to play a transition/pck and roll game...and you yourself are better suited to a transition.pick and roll game use your damn brain and go with the flow.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-30-2014, 09:37 PM
He sucks at reacting to double teams. It's his biggest flaw...

Jameerthefear
06-30-2014, 09:40 PM
He sucks at reacting to double teams. It's his biggest flaw...
this ^^

UK2K
06-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Yeah, because doubling him results in turnovers.

The Rockets were almost certainly better offensively without him on the court (If someone wants to look up the stats for it, go ahead, but just by eye test, this is the case)

Dude has mediocre fundamentals and on top of that, he's a straight up idiot. He could play the same game Tyson Chandler plays and average 22 PPG, but instead he wants to post up.

Normally, I like people that want to post up, but when, for the most part you suck at it, and the rest of your team is oriented to play a transition/pck and roll game...and you yourself are better suited to a transition.pick and roll game use your damn brain and go with the flow.
Dwight singlehandedly carried the rockets in the playoffs

Rubio2Gasol
06-30-2014, 10:11 PM
Dwight singlehandedly carried the rockets in the playoffs

Which was the Rockets biggest problem.

Take the team with like the highest pace in the league, make them all stand and watch Dwight Howard post up. A monkey understands basketball better than that.

He dominated a couple first quarters. The problem with that is, I'm almost sure that that's when all the other guys usually develop some sort of rythym. So they're there standing and watching...not even winning the game off his dominance because he don't care to play both ends simultaneously.

3rd quarter rolls around, now you want everyone else to carry you? 3rd quarter is the cold quarter, that's when you're supposed to dominate. It's the most out of sync time for the majority of people on the floor, but yeah go ahead and let Terrence Jones carry the load.

Fourth quarter, almost pointless passing the ball to him.

He played well, but his team lost games for it. And he contributed to those losses as much as anyone else did.

ralph_i_el
06-30-2014, 10:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hY41y2w.png

:coleman:
Basicly best shooters in the top half of the list. Poor jump shooters on the bottom half. Hmmmmm