PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat want Luol Deng

bagelred
07-01-2014, 01:04 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m

Miami's Pat Riley has called Luol Deng's reps and registered his significant interest, source tells Yahoo.

More...feed me.....

RedBlackAttack
07-01-2014, 01:05 AM
I would love it if this happened.

CeilingFan#1
07-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Already looking for LeBron's replacement, huh?

RoundMoundOfReb
07-01-2014, 01:08 AM
I would love it if this happened.
Why? You think that poorly of Deng?

tpols
07-01-2014, 01:09 AM
How does Deng make them better??

There's nothing that would make the heat better besides getting an all star elite shooting pg or asik type center.. Even though Birdman is real good in his role.

Only way the heat win is if Wade and bran are super aggressive and takeover simultaneously and not have complete no shows from one or the other(wade 14, bran 11)

IncarceratedBob
07-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Dung is so overrated, he looks like someone who constantly has flies swarming around him.

VengefulAngel
07-01-2014, 01:10 AM

There's nothing that would make the heat better besides getting an all star elite shooting pg or asik type center.. Even though Birdman is real good in his role.

Only way the heat win is if Wade and bran are super aggressive and takeover simultaneously and not have complete no shows from one or the other(wade 14, bran 11)

Gives Lebron more rest....

Plus Deng is an elite defender, a decent shooter and might come cheap if he wants to compete for a championship.

Johnny Jones
07-01-2014, 01:12 AM
Dung is so overrated, he looks like someone who constantly has flies swarming around him.
:roll:

Meticode
07-01-2014, 01:14 AM
Gives Lebron more rest....

Plus Deng is an elite defender, a decent shooter and might come cheap if he wants to compete for a championship.
He's a good defender, not elite. Elite would be someone who's always in running of Defensive Player of the Year. He is not.

CHi1PriDe
07-01-2014, 01:16 AM

Hahahhahaha got me :roll:

RoundMoundOfReb
Deng is a very good team defender. He's sort of similar to LeBron on defense.

imdaman99
Deng is Battier's replacement.

RedBlackAttack
07-01-2014, 01:20 AM
Why? You think that poorly of Deng?
Yes. He moves like an old man, is an unreliable shooter and even his defense is overrated at this stage. Miami spending its limited cap space on Deng would be a horrible move. Just terrible.

TheCorporation
07-01-2014, 01:21 AM

I won't lie, I lul'd :lol

RedBlackAttack
07-01-2014, 01:23 AM
He looked better on the Bulls.
So good that they let him walk for nothing.

ReturnofJPR
07-01-2014, 01:26 AM

Sucks at free throws, can't rely on him for 3's, and da Bulls have been running him into the ground, 40+ mins routinely, since he was 19. Lots of minutes on those Sudanese legs

CHi1PriDe
07-01-2014, 01:27 AM
So good that they let him walk for nothing.

Free up cap space and actually we started doing better after. Gave snell a chance to develop but he sucked :facepalm

Cavalier
07-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Yes. He moves like an old man, is an unreliable shooter and even his defense is overrated at this stage. Miami spending its limited cap space on Deng would be a horrible move. Just terrible.

Agree 100%. I think Thibs really ran him into the ground in CHI. And his offensive game is pretty one-dimensional, too. If he didn't have an open three or pull-up jumper, he drove into traffic only to turn the ball over because of his weak handle. Miami needs someone else who can handle the ball/create and Deng is far from that. The Heat would basically be overpaying for a less reliable Mike Miller.

poido123
07-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Free up cap space and actually we started doing better after. Gave snell a chance to develop but he sucked :facepalm

Butler was pretty ordinary in his first year, but showed vast improvement in his second year.

It takes time to learn all of Thibs offensive/defensive sets which is why it takes a full year for a player to show the improvement.

I'll be watching for Snell's improvement this year to see any differences.

poido123
07-01-2014, 01:33 AM

I think he's been on a steep decline as of last season.

Deng signing with the Heat would be awesome if you ask me :lol

SpecialQue
07-01-2014, 01:34 AM
So can we finally put to rest those stupid rumors about Riley hiring someone to give Deng AIDS a couple seasons back?

plowking
07-01-2014, 01:34 AM
Deng is really overrated on defense.

Seems like any long SF gets credit for being a great defender these days.

poido123
07-01-2014, 01:36 AM

Well I'd say that coincided with his rapid decline last season as a player.

Whether it's the fact that he hasn't settled well in Cleveland, he hasn't looked the same since Chicago.

I agree though, even back on the Bulls, his defense was overrated. He put in effort, but he wasn't what I'd call elite.

poido123
07-01-2014, 01:37 AM

Lebron? :lol :lol

CHi1PriDe
07-01-2014, 01:38 AM
Butler was pretty ordinary in his first year, but showed vast improvement in his second year.

It takes time to learn all of Thibs offensive/defensive sets which is why it takes a full year for a player to show the improvement.

I'll be watching for Snell's improvement this year to see any differences.

Snells gets beat by defenders at times and the fact that he still can't rebound just annoys the hell outta me :no:

poido123
07-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Snells gets beat by defenders at times and the fact that he still can't rebound just annoys the hell outta me :no:

Still building confidence in his role on the team, so I'd say give him the benefit of the doubt for his first 2 years and then we can make judgements on him.

Still way too early to tell what he will be.

97 bulls
07-01-2014, 01:47 AM
I think Deng would be a good fit as a sixthman and for the right price. He can take pressure off James defensively. And he can still give 15 ppg.

navy
07-01-2014, 02:02 AM
Vet min. 1 year team option.

comerb
07-01-2014, 02:17 AM

He's fits the slot of a significantly better version of Shane Battier. I'm not really a huge fan unless you get him for scraps(which might be possible if he's ring chasing), as you said the Heat need a legit PG or C; either Gortat or Lowry.

But he does make them a fair bit better.

navy
07-01-2014, 02:21 AM
If he is cheap I actually want Deng. Cleveland is cancerous, and he was always a heavy minute decent production player on the Bulls. He can come in for defensive relief and low minutes a game. I would prefer Ariza though, if Riley is looking for a Shane Battier role.

If he is taking 3 million or less (I doubt it), sign this fool up.

Meticode
07-01-2014, 02:22 AM
Are you saying for his entire career or with his stint with the Cavs? Not sure why all the hate when he played through injuries.

Fawker
its just so under peoples heads that wade can not do more. so pathetic. he is a salary eater.

Meticode
If he is cheap I actually want Deng. Cleveland is cancerous, and he was always a heavy minute decent production player on the Bulls. He can come in for defensive relief and low minutes a game. I would prefer Ariza though, if Riley is looking for a Shane Battier role.

If he is taking 3 million or less (I doubt it), sign this fool up.
Nope. Woj reported he's going to command $10-$12. I personally think he'll get around $13 million.

Levity
07-01-2014, 02:23 AM
So can we finally put to rest those stupid rumors about Riley hiring someone to give Deng AIDS a couple seasons back?

I dont know..... seems legit.

:confusedshrug:

NumberSix
07-01-2014, 02:24 AM
I'm not even remotely interested in Luol Deng.

navy
07-01-2014, 02:24 AM
Nope. Woj reported he's going to command $10-$12. I personally think he'll get around $13 million.
:biggums:

:roll:

Later bro. Hope he ends up in a good situation.

poido123
07-01-2014, 02:25 AM
I'm not even remotely interested in Luol Deng.

For how much you hate the Bulls and its players, I hope he signs there just to annoy you :oldlol:

Meticode
07-01-2014, 02:32 AM
:oldlol: at anyone thinking they're getting a 9 year vet that just put up 16/6/3 while playing with a bad achilles all season on a shitty Cavs offensive system for anything less than $10 million. Not to mention he's a great locker-room guy, decent man-to-man defender and good team defender.

He had been with the Bulls since he got drafted for almost 9 years and before he got dumped into the Cavs situation he was averaging 19/7/4 with the Bulls last season.

Before he got traded to the Cavs he turned out a 3 year $30 million extension with the Bulls.

navy
07-01-2014, 02:37 AM
:oldlol: at anyone thinking they're getting a 9 year vet that just put up 16/6/3 while playing with a bad achilles all season on a shitty Cavs offensive system for anything less than $10 million. Not to mention he's a great locker-room guy, decent man-to-man defender and good team defender.

He had been with the Bulls since he got drafted for almost 9 years and before he got dumped into the Cavs situation he was averaging 19/7/4 with the Bulls last season.

Before he got traded to the Cavs he turned out a 3 year $30 million extension with the Bulls.
Why would you give a player with a bad Achilles and ridiculous minutes played a 10 million dollar contract? He certainly didnt earn it last year. Although, I already admitted the Cavs were cancerous.

Great lockerroom guy?

I lowballed him with the 3 million. Im sure Riley will too. 6-8 million max. Anything else seems like a mistake.

poido123
07-01-2014, 02:41 AM
Why would you give a player with a bad Achilles and ridiculous minutes played a 10 million dollar contract? He certainly didnt earn it last year. Although, I already admitted the Cavs were cancerous.

Great lockerroom guy?

I lowballed him with the 3 million. Im sure Riley will too. 6-8 million max. Anything else seems like a mistake.

He's still worth 7-8 mill a year. You won't get him below 7 IMO.

Meticode
07-01-2014, 02:41 AM
Why would you give a player with a bad Achilles and ridiculous minutes played a 10 million dollar contract? He certainly didnt earn it last year.

Although, I already admitted the Cavs were cancerous.

Great lockerroom guy?

Okay.

305Baller
07-01-2014, 03:32 AM
Maybe he just had an off year.

NumberSix
07-01-2014, 03:46 AM
For how much you hate the Bulls and its players, I hope he signs there just to annoy you :oldlol:
Has nothing to do with him being a former bull. I don't think he is physically healthy enough to help us win.

RedBlackAttack
07-01-2014, 04:17 AM
Are you saying for his entire career or with his stint with the Cavs? Not sure why all the hate when he played through injuries.
Who cares what he looked like earlier in his career? He is what he is now. And, he is a broken down player who was run into the ground in Chicago.

poido123
07-01-2014, 04:22 AM
These "X Team wants X player" threads are :facepalm

I'm sure a lot of teams want a lot of players, why do we make threads about it?

Why not just stick to "X Team gets X player". Cuts out a lot of bullshit.

Genaro
07-01-2014, 04:33 AM
He certainly not taking a MLE or 3M. He is 29 and thinks he can get a last contract before ring chase 3/4 years not less than 8M a year, but I think he won't sing for anything less than 10M.

buddha
07-01-2014, 06:33 AM
Sucks at free throws, can't rely on him for 3's, and da Bulls have been running him into the ground, 40+ mins routinely, since he was 19. Lots of minutes on those Sudanese legs

I didn't know Luol Deng was an

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-c-pVRdI7K1c/UBbgdwfdC5I/AAAAAAAAAjg/sdWZz0G1kAI/s1600/time.jpg

How many minutes does he have left?

DukeDelonte13
07-01-2014, 07:26 AM
Luol doesn't fit the Heat at all. I don't know why they would want him.

He can't stretch the floor, he's kinda broken down and not exactly someone who can get up and down the court, and he plays Lebron's position.

JonatanRey
07-01-2014, 08:20 AM
How can be anyone saying Deng doesnt deserve 10M/year? He will get paid that, at least... And he will prove he will not be overpaid.

Derka
07-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Except there's no way in hell he takes the minimum.

I sincerely hope Miami does this.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Apparently Chicago wants him back as well.

aj1987
07-01-2014, 08:56 AM
He's still probably gonna want at least $10M. Miami doesn't have that kind of money to throw on an SF. Would be dumb unless they can get him for $5M or less (which will NOT happen).

DMAVS41
07-01-2014, 08:58 AM
I don't see how the money works, but I think most here are selling Deng short.

He'd basically play the Battier role, but he'd be able to shave real minutes off Lebron at the 3 as well.

He's still a really good all around player and would immediately make an impact on the Heat.

You could actually do a lot of things with him.

You could play Wade/Deng/Lebron/Bosh/Center and go huge...

You could play Wade/Allen/Deng/Lebron/Bosh and basically play small ball with a ton of size on the court.

You guys shrugging off getting an in prime very good all around player that can play Lebron's position and next to him just fine...is short sighted.

The Heat add Deng and they are already way better.

PJR
07-01-2014, 08:58 AM
All these reported interest don't mean anything. Pretty much every team with some flexibility throws out "feelers" to agents at this stage.

Riley in 2010 threw out feelers to the reps of Raymond Felton and Brendon Haywood. Didn't mean he was rushing to sign them lol.

kurple
07-01-2014, 09:05 AM
nah, i wonder if bosh might leave and lebron plays a lot more 4

i would have left two years ago if i were bosh

GimmeThat
07-01-2014, 09:19 AM
"instead of stuffing fake first ballots, they got me stuffing all stars onto the Lebron train wreck" - cammon

lilgodfather1
07-01-2014, 09:49 AM
If Riley thinks a player that couldn't start for the lottery Cavs is going to convince LeBron to stay...

r15mohd
07-01-2014, 09:51 AM
nah, i wonder if bosh might leave and lebron plays a lot more 4

i would have left two years ago if i were bosh

left two years ago means leaving after beating OKC in the finals :facepalm

Fiddlesticks
07-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Maybe he will start at 2 guard over Wade?

r15mohd
07-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Maybe he will start at 2 guard over Wade?

if they get Deng:

C-Bosh
PF-Lebron
SF-Deng
SG-Wade
PG-Napier/Cole

still rather the money spent on a true big tho

Fiddlesticks
07-01-2014, 09:56 AM
if they get Deng:

C-Bosh
PF-Lebron
SF-Deng
SG-Wade
PG-Napier/Cole

still rather the money spent on a true big tho
you're right, I completely forgot LeBron playing the PF position.

r15mohd
07-01-2014, 10:00 AM
you're right, I completely forgot LeBron playing the PF position.

it's not a bad lineup, actually a really good lineup to be honest...but I'd only be satisfied with his signing if we got some bigs to help down low with Bosh/Birdman. that's our true weakness...I do welcome the team defense play Deng will bring to the Heat, much needed from this past years fall-off

nightprowler10
07-01-2014, 10:40 AM
People really underrating Deng here. He's a system player, Cleveland had no system and he didn't want to be there. He could work out well for Miami but I don't think he'd come cheap.