PDA

View Full Version : Miami wants to sign Deng to cover Lebron's inability to guard SFs.

JohnMax
07-01-2014, 02:41 AM
Battier always took the tougher assignment. He guarded Durant and Melo.

navy
07-01-2014, 02:42 AM
Hmmm....Battier rarely played in crunch time but your right.

Cant have Lebron wasting energy and fouls guarding Melo and Durant.

Cocaine80s
07-01-2014, 02:42 AM
Lebron shut down PG in the ecf doe....

JohnMax
07-01-2014, 02:49 AM
He couldn't shutdown Kawhi Leonard and Jason Terry.

PickernRoller
07-01-2014, 02:52 AM
Can guard 1-5 remember? :lol :lol :lol

Pauk will be missed for a while....his stupidity knew no bounds - that alongside the circle jerk of his followers. :oldlol: :oldlol:

poido123
07-01-2014, 03:28 AM
With Lebron his defense and effort can change with the weather.

Some games he plays elite defense for stretches, other games he looks like he's taking a break.

He's capable of guarding just about anybody, but he doesn't show it enough.

navy
07-01-2014, 03:30 AM
With Lebron his defense and effort can change with the weather.

Some games he plays elite defense for stretches, other games he looks like he's taking a break.

He's capable of guarding just about anybody, but he doesn't show it enough.

Bet he will put the clamps on Derrick Rose in the playoffs doe. :applause:

305Baller
07-01-2014, 03:31 AM
Deng would be a good pick-up

navy
07-01-2014, 03:33 AM
Deng would be a good pick-up
I thought so too, until I heard that he wanted 10+ million. Fvck that. :oldlol:

russwest0
07-01-2014, 03:34 AM
so if Deng takes lets say 12M, and LeBron takes 20M, how does that leave room to sign Wade and Bosh?

305Baller
07-01-2014, 03:35 AM
I thought so too, until I heard that he wanted 10+ million. Fvck that. :oldlol:

10m? im talking MLE haha

zoom17
07-01-2014, 03:36 AM
and the shit storm begins.

navy
07-01-2014, 03:36 AM
so if Deng takes lets say 12M, and LeBron takes 20M, how does that leave room to sign Wade and Bosh?
You cant do math? Typical from OKC residents.

poido123
07-01-2014, 03:37 AM
Bet he will put the clamps on Derrick Rose in the playoffs doe. :applause:

With what team defense? I didn't see the same kind of defense in this playoffs to years past. :lol

I hope you understand Lebron used team defensive traps to stop Rose, not stop him entirely by himself? :confusedshrug: Rose was the offense in 2011 playoffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks7ZQULwAxU

navy
07-01-2014, 03:37 AM
10m? im talking MLE haha
That's what I was thinking. :rockon:

TheMilkyBarKid
07-01-2014, 03:43 AM
Can guard 1-5 remember? :lol :lol :lol

Pauk will be missed for a while....his stupidity knew no bounds - that alongside the circle jerk of his followers. :oldlol: :oldlol:
Moron, try being the main playmaker, scorer, rebounder and then having to take the toughest defensive assignments (including chasing around pgs and fronting the post from huge mother****ers. I know LeBron is held to a higher standard than the likes of Kobe, but still this is too much for any player.

navy
07-01-2014, 03:44 AM
With what team defense? I didn't see the same kind of defense in this playoffs to years past. :lol

I hope you understand Lebron used team defensive traps to stop Rose, not stop him entirely by himself? :confusedshrug: Rose was the offense in 2011 playoffs.
6% when guarded by Lebron. 40% when guarded by other players. :oldlol:

All teams use team defense. This isnt the 80s. :no:

navy
07-01-2014, 03:50 AM
Isn't he gonna be to costly??
Why the Heat wont get him.

Maybe he wants revenge on the bulls and cavs and comes cheaply to get some rings though.

Graviton
07-01-2014, 03:50 AM
Lebron's defensive efforts lately have been pathetic compared to 2011/2012. I know he has to do a lot for the Heat, but that excuse didn't stop him before. It's not even an ability thing, it's all in the effort. At times he literally lets scrubs blow by him, doesn't contest or cover 3 point shooters, or complains to the refs/flops instead of getting back on D. Him and Wade both are guilty of that.

It's annoying because I know he can do so much better, I want to see 2012 motivated, hungry Lebron again. His relaxed "coasting" defense from the regular season has carried over to the playoffs now. :facepalm

navy
07-01-2014, 04:01 AM
Lebron's defensive efforts lately have been pathetic compared to 2011/2012. I know he has to do a lot for the Heat, but that excuse didn't stop him before. It's not even an ability thing, it's all in the effort. At times he literally lets scrubs blow by him, doesn't contest or cover 3 point shooters, or complains to the refs/flops instead of getting back on D. Him and Wade both are guilty of that.

It's annoying because I know he can do so much better, I want to see 2012 motivated, hungry Lebron again. His relaxed "coasting" defense from the regular season has carried over to the playoffs now. :facepalm

Definitely. Heat team just doesnt play defense like they use to. Scariest team in the league. Elite defense, elite offense. 2011 and 2012 days are gone. 2013 was definitely the most fun though. Heat would play lazily for a quarter or two turn it on and come back from large deficits routinely. There wasnt a single game in that season where I cared about how big the other team was up. :oldlol:

Spoiled. They just werent there anymore last year. Lebron especially.

Graviton
07-01-2014, 04:07 AM
Definitely. Heat team just doesnt play defense like they use to. Scariest team in the league. Elite defense, elite offense. 2011 and 2012 days are gone. 2013 was definitely the most fun though. Heat would play lazily for a quarter or two turn it on and come back from large deficits routinely. There wasnt a single game in that season where I cared about how big the other team was up. :oldlol:

Spoiled. They just werent there anymore last year. Lebron especially.
Well Lebron will be 30 this year, we have to accept that the old Lebron may never be back. Seems like he is concentrating solely on efficient scoring nowadays, but I don't think that alone will win him rings. That electrifying "do it all" type of game from 2012 doesn't seem to be there. I think he just burned out after 4 straight Finals and the Olympics in between. :confusedshrug:

Maybe this year they will have one last run and will stop "coasting" so much.

russwest0
07-01-2014, 04:07 AM
Moron, try being the main playmaker, scorer, rebounder and then having to take the toughest defensive assignments (including chasing around pgs and fronting the post from huge mother****ers. I know LeBron is held to a higher standard than the likes of Kobe, but still this is too much for any player.

lmao, we can all watch lebron and the heat play so your bullshit won't pass here. he typically takes on an easy matchup on defense for m ost of mutch games and stands around a bunch in general.

he has one of the lowest rates in regards to miles traveled while on the floor. Somewhere around bottom 10 for the whole NBA IIRC, right alongside James Harden.

poido123
07-01-2014, 04:08 AM
6% when guarded by Lebron. 40% when guarded by other players. :oldlol:

All teams use team defense. This isnt the 80s. :no:

Lebron got a lot of help guarding Rose with traps is what I'm saying.

Lebron certainly was more effective when he guarded Rose directly, his long arms, big body and quickness was able steer rose into the help defense more effectively than another player who he could blow by easily when the help defense would be too late.

navy
07-01-2014, 04:17 AM
Well Lebron will be 30 this year, we have to accept that the old Lebron may never be back. Seems like he is concentrating solely on efficient scoring nowadays, but I don't think that alone will win him rings. That electrifying "do it all" type of game from 2012 doesn't seem to be there. I think he just burned out after 4 straight Finals and the Olympics in between. :confusedshrug:

Maybe this year they will have one last run and will stop "coasting" so much.

Nah, the regular season is much too irrelevant and the Heat players are just too old to not coast through alot of games.

We'll see about Lebron. The coast was defiantly on in 2012 and 2013, but 2014 was the first season where I felt like Lebron just didnt have the energy that he use to. He use to be 100% on every play. Maybe it's because of age and amount of playtime or maybe he thought Wade didnt have much left in the tank so he wanted to save himself more often. Hopefully it was the latter, but he will start slowing down sooner or later.

That's why I dont mind a versatile defender pickup. Cant waste Lebron every play/game and then have him tired like Durant in the postseason.

Graviton
07-01-2014, 04:20 AM
Nah, the regular season is much too irrelevant and the Heat players are just too old to not coast through alot of games.

We'll see about Lebron. The coast was defiantly on in 2012 and 2013, but 2014 was the first season where I felt like Lebron just didnt have the energy that he use to. He use to be 100% on every play. Maybe it's because of age and amount of playtime or maybe he thought Wade didnt have much left in the tank so he wanted to save himself more often. Hopefully it was the latter, but he will start slowing down sooner or later.

That's why I dont mind a versatile defender pickup. Cant waste Lebron every play/game and then have him tired like Durant in the postseason.

Well Durant's issue was going hard for MVP in the regular season then playing like 42 minutes a game in the playoffs, he burned himself out. Lebron doesn't play that hard in the regular season so he should have more in the tank for this year.

navy
07-01-2014, 04:23 AM
Lebron got a lot of help guarding Rose with traps is what I'm saying.

Lebron certainly was more effective when he guarded Rose directly, his long arms, big body and quickness was able steer rose into the help defense more effectively than another player who he could blow by easily when the help defense would be too late.

They didnt really trap Rose though. It was more a hedge to cut off screens and steer him into the crowded paint. Rose was pulling up for threes, which Lebron (and Wade) blocked a few times, or throwing up wild shots in the paint with good contest.

Derrick Rose was even quoted saying something about it is hard to deal with a player bigger and just as fast as you. Bran James.

Close game 4th quarter and I need someone to guard Rose straight up? Im taking Bran.

navy
07-01-2014, 04:25 AM
Well Durant's issue was going hard for MVP in the regular season then playing like 42 minutes a game in the playoffs, he burned himself out. Lebron doesn't play that hard in the regular season so he should have more in the tank for this year.
Yeah but Lebron is going to be 30 with another finals appearance. Cant really be too rested anymore. Like I said I really wouldnt mind the eight seed if it meant all the players had enough in the tank. Wade. :facepalm

Graviton
07-01-2014, 04:27 AM
Yeah but Lebron is going to be 30 with another finals appearance. Cant really be too rested anymore. Like I said I really wouldnt mind the eight seed if it meant all the players had enough in the tank. Wade. :facepalm
Wade is totally done, honestly he looks like a complete scrub. Took so many vacations in the regular season then vanished in the playoffs. Too busy ****ing Gabriel Union instead of focusing on the game. :oldlol:

poido123
07-01-2014, 04:28 AM

This burnout concept only applies to these modern day players.

Jordan and Pippen routinely played close to 40 minutes in regular season and over 40 minutes in the playoffs, but did they fall on the burnout excuse?

These are professional athletes who are very fit and play in a less physical league than the 90's.

Durant and Lebron should be able to do the same.

navy
07-01-2014, 04:29 AM

Jordan and Pippen routinely played close to 40 minutes in regular season and over 40 minutes in the playoffs, but did they fall on the burnout excuse?

These are professional athletes who are very fit and play in a less physical league than the 90's.

Jordan took 2 years off to play baseball....
And Pippen was definitely burnt out some years.

TheMilkyBarKid
07-01-2014, 04:31 AM
lmao, we can all watch lebron and the heat play so your bullshit won't pass here. he typically takes on an easy matchup on defense for m ost of mutch games and stands around a bunch in general.

he has one of the lowest rates in regards to miles traveled while on the floor. Somewhere around bottom 10 for the whole NBA IIRC, right alongside James Harden.
Your levels of comprehension as so poor that I don't want to insult intellectually disabled people by grouping you with them.
I was saying it's too much for anyone to expect LeBron to be playing elite defense, while also being a team's best scorer, rebounder and playmaker. Something has to give. If you can't understand that I can't help you. I know there's games and stretches of individual greatness but you can't expect LeBron to do it all over the course of a season.
That's why the Heat upgrade the roster this year or they won't deserve to have LeBron back.

navy
07-01-2014, 04:33 AM
Wade is totally done, honestly he looks like a complete scrub. Took so many vacations in the regular season then vanished in the playoffs. Too busy ****ing Gabriel Union instead of focusing on the game. :oldlol:
Nah, he was good vs the Pacers and not bad in the begining of the Spurs series. Then he cliff dived to like 10% shooting the final two games. Should have did what he did last year instead of the reverse. Scrub it up in the ECF play well in the Finals. Lebron probably could have beat the Pacers on his own again this year. The Spurs....not so much.

Graviton
07-01-2014, 04:36 AM

Difference is Jordan and Pippen were MEN, Durant is just a skinny kid still. :confusedshrug:

poido123
07-01-2014, 04:36 AM
Jordan took 2 years off to play baseball....

And Pippen?

Jordan also went to the finals and played a lot of games in their contending periods...Both times during the 3 peats he went deep into the playoffs which is still the same as Lebron.

navy
07-01-2014, 04:43 AM
And Pippen?

Jordan also went to the finals and played a lot of games in their contending periods...Both times during the 3 peats he went deep into the playoffs which is still the same as Lebron.
Pippen and the Bulls were definitely burning out in second three peat and the latter of the first. :confusedshrug:

plowking
07-01-2014, 05:41 AM
Lebron has never been good at guarding SF's with good first steps. His only weakness defensively.