PDA

View Full Version : Billups May Retire

dd24
07-01-2014, 02:59 AM
The Pistons did not pick up the option on Chauncey. It's understandable why they didn't. He can't even get on the court for the most part anymore. He's definitely one of the great PG's of his generation. I wish we never traded him for AI.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/30/pistons-decline-team-option-on-chauncey-billups/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Aussie Dunker
07-01-2014, 05:07 AM
I wish we never traded him for AI either. It is a shame how injury determined the end of his career. There are still not many guys in the league I would rather shooting the deep ball with the game on the line...

Perhaps he could go to a contender for a year, perhaps a team like the Heat to mentor Shabazz, or perhaps take Fisher's spot on the Thunder?...

dd24
07-01-2014, 10:32 AM
I wish we never traded him for AI either. It is a shame how injury determined the end of his career. There are still not many guys in the league I would rather shooting the deep ball with the game on the line...

Perhaps he could go to a contender for a year, perhaps a team like the Heat to mentor Shabazz, or perhaps take Fisher's spot on the Thunder?...

He can't though. He's physically done. His body can't go anymore. He'll retire a Piston and it will be soon.

Aussie Dunker
07-01-2014, 10:39 AM
^^ More than likely

ZMonkey11
07-10-2014, 12:46 AM
I hope he joins the staff in Detroit. I think he'd be an invaluable coach/advisor for Spencer.

I imagine having all the great 2000s Pistons come back and be advisors for our team.

Drummond working with Big Ben. Monroe working with Sheed. Billups working with Jennings and Dinwiddie, Hamilton working on KCPs game. Then bring Tayshaun back to bring the band together.

dd24
07-10-2014, 01:40 AM
Haha, that would be awesome. Isiah Thomas will be there in some capacity too I would think. Whatever his association with the team was.

Aussie Dunker
07-10-2014, 04:40 AM
I couldn't think of a better coach for KCP than Hamilton!!...

And same with Dre / Moose and the Wallace bros. Not sure about Ben - I think he was more Effort and grit, but Sheed is one of the most intelligent basketball minds of this era...

Yeah Amen to Billups as an assistant for us, or even in our front office. I want him to stay in Detroit because he is heavily respected by absolutely everyone...

Nastradamus
07-10-2014, 02:17 PM
No thanks on the rest, but I'd take Billups here to help our PGs.

ZMonkey11
07-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Wallace couldn't get Drummond's offensive game to be elite, but I don't think his offensive game will ever be elite.

What Big Ben would teach is where to be, when to be there, and the work ethic to go at it every day. Drummond has the propensity to be a defensive Juggernaut on the boards, blocks, and steals. Consistent every year All-Star, 1st team defense, 2nd or 3rd team All-NBA caliber player just by his athleticism. If he could hone that, you have a bigger, badder, faster Mutumbo.

And yea Sheed, nuff said. I'm hoping we keep Monroe and Sheed dedicates his time to Moose.