PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully Melo realizes..

TheMarkMadsen
07-01-2014, 03:13 AM
That LA has the most of offer him.

The ability to pick his own coach.

To become the next "great" laker flowing legends likes Mikan, KAJ, Magic, Shaq, Kobe..

To play with a winning franchise who doesn't accept losing.

And the real kicker..

To play with Kobe, resign Pau &.. yes...

The ability to sign Lebron.. or multiple role players that can produce.

It's a long shot and I highly doubt Kobe would want to help Bran add to his "ring count" but the possibility of Kobe/Melo/Gasol + another big FA is very real.

:applause: :applause:

BrainDead
07-01-2014, 03:14 AM
I heard he was going to Chicago

navy
07-01-2014, 03:17 AM
The problem with Kobe is we dont know if he is done or not. You really think Melo is going to risk it?

poido123
07-01-2014, 03:18 AM
I heard he was going to Chicago

Source?

Noof
07-01-2014, 03:19 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/40012/why-lakers-make-sense-for-carmelo-anthony?ex_cid=espnapi_public

This article got my hopes up and now I'm gonna be disappointed if we don't get him.

Legends66NBA7
07-01-2014, 03:21 AM
To become the next "great" laker flowing legends likes Mikan, KAJ, Magic, Shaq, Kobe..

Melo isn't in their class as a player.

VIntageNOvel
07-01-2014, 03:23 AM
Defensive PG
Kobe
Melo
Randle
Hill

bench?

navy
07-01-2014, 03:24 AM
It's a long shot and I highly doubt Kobe would want to help Bran add to his "ring count" but the possibility of Kobe/Melo/Gasol + another big FA is very real.

Why would Melo care about Bran's ring count? Especially if he is hypothetically adding to his own?

zoom17
07-01-2014, 03:57 AM
Melo will go to the bulls

JtotheIzzo
07-01-2014, 04:02 AM
Kobe's max deal f*cks everything up for the Lakers, good thing you cats are all on his d*ck, because anyone else would be catching huge caca for that move.

fiddy
07-01-2014, 04:07 AM
Derrick Rose disagrees

Kobe's max deal f*cks everything up for the Lakers, good thing you cats are all on his d*ck, because anyone else would be catching huge caca for that move.
Jim Buss doe

Real14
07-01-2014, 04:19 AM
:no:

KyleKong
07-01-2014, 04:23 AM
Kobe's 60 million contract is going to bite LA in the ass for the next 5 years

Trentknicks
07-01-2014, 05:48 AM
Not one of those things you mentioned would be appealing to him.

Lebron23
07-01-2014, 05:56 AM
Kobe and Melo duo won't work unless Kobe sacrifices his scoring in the regular season ala 2009 and 2010 NBA Season.

He's in a much better situation with the Knicks cause they are playing in the east.

The Knicks just needs to surround him with quality role players ala his Nuggets Days.

NZStreetBaller
07-01-2014, 06:02 AM
I have a feeling kobe will sacrifice his scoring this season and be more of a facilitator knowing that they dont have a great passer. I believe he'll be more wise and realise he doesnt have the legs to try 30ppg this season.

Lebron23
07-01-2014, 06:06 AM
The problem with Kobe is we dont know if he is done or not. You really think Melo is going to risk it?

It's also one of the major factors to consider. Kobe is turning 36 yrs.old next month. and we don't know if he can recover from his injuries.

NZStreetBaller
07-01-2014, 06:14 AM
the lakers been playing some rubbish basketball kobe or not over the past two years and there hasnt been looking very promising in terms of a good place to win a title.

Lebron23
07-01-2014, 06:29 AM
the lakers been playing some rubbish basketball kobe or not over the past two years and there hasnt been looking very promising in terms of a good place to win a title.

Your franchise hired two one dimensional coaches in Brown and D'antoni. And you guys underutilized Dwight Howard. Nash is also a terrible acquisition.

NZStreetBaller
07-01-2014, 06:39 AM
Your franchise hired two one dimensional coaches in Brown and D'antoni. And you guys underutilized Dwight Howard. Nash is also a terrible acquisition.

unfortunately I cannot argue with that :facepalm
but being laker fans we always believe that a turn around will happen every season

Rameek
07-01-2014, 08:39 AM
If Jim Buss isnt letting Kobe pick the coach Melo isnt. Since Jim Buss runs things this franchise has taken steps backwards.
If Jeanie takes more control LA would be a more viable destination.

T_L_P
07-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Kobe needs to be the man. Melo and Kobe would be a colossal failure.

Draz
07-01-2014, 09:13 AM
He would be going to a franchise that has huge shoes to fill.

-Lebron23-
07-01-2014, 09:20 AM
I will laugh hard if Melo leaves the Knicks to go to the current Lakers.

GimmeThat
07-01-2014, 09:27 AM

And the real kicker..

Pretty sure the current Gasol would look at this post and think that you are insane.

And that is AFTER playing for the Lakers.

red1
07-01-2014, 09:30 AM

And the real kicker..

kobe would definitely make a great pippen. who knows, I might even root for the lakers once in a while

Le Shaqtus
07-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Bulls are the best team for his skill set

Just2McFly
07-01-2014, 11:25 AM
yeah i would choose LA over NY if I was Melo, he gave NY time and they didn't deliver at all and there is no way im playing with bargs and amare eating up so much cap space

longtime lurker
07-01-2014, 11:32 AM

And the real kicker..

Literally only 3 of the things you mentioned are true. No way to get both Lebron and Melo. And Gasol is on the downside of his career. I'd pass on pairing him with Melo+Randle.

T_L_P
07-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Honestly, I don't think the size of the market means as much for players anymore. Unless you're in Utah you get about the same exposure as everyone else. You can make more money in the big markets though.

If money is want Melo wants, he's better off in NY. If he wants to win, the Lakers wouldn't even crack his top ten.

Brokenbeat
07-01-2014, 11:38 AM
kobe would definitely make a great pippen. who knows, I might even root for the lakers once in a while

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/46215323.jpg