PDA

View Full Version : Raja Rondo is too underrated here

imnew09
07-01-2014, 04:12 AM
One of the best PG defender, and passer :bowdown:

I would trade the Laker's roster ( except Kobe) for him in a heart beat.

poido123
07-01-2014, 04:15 AM
I don't know why Boston would even entertain trading him unless he is telling them that he is leaving...

The best pure point guard in nba outside of paul.

That_Admiral
07-01-2014, 04:22 AM
I don't know why Boston would even entertain trading him unless he is telling them that he is leaving...

I think Ainge is trying to find something worth Rondo's value, because if he becomes a FA there is a chance he may leave.
But saying that, this year Rondo could help train Marcus Smart, help possibly the future PG of the Celtics

cltcfn2924
07-01-2014, 04:24 AM

Now the word is Ainge has approached Isiah Thomas. You really think Ainge is loading up trade chips? I love Rondo, but it seems to be curtains on that relationship.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-01-2014, 04:25 AM

Because they won't be relevant until he's past his prime. And he's just adding unnecessary wins to a tanking team.

navy
07-01-2014, 04:28 AM
He came off injury and nobody knows what he really is anymore. I dont think he is over or under rated. Just unknown. Now he is asking for 100million? Yeah right.

Prime Rondo was a beast in the playoffs.

Todays Rondo? Who knows.

That_Admiral
07-01-2014, 04:30 AM
why trade for another PG when you just drafted one? if you really wanna trade, then yeah draft picks are the way to go

That_Admiral
07-01-2014, 04:31 AM
He came off injury and nobody knows what he really is anymore. I dont think he is over or under rated. Just unknown. Now he is asking for 100million? Yeah right.

Prime Rondo was a beast in the playoffs.

Todays Rondo? Who knows.
Is he asking for 100million?! I didn't know that! yeah, I understand, I don't think its worth putting that much on him

TheMilkyBarKid
07-01-2014, 04:33 AM
I love Rondo, always gets up for the playoffs and manages to have an impact on both ends despite a lacking jumper.

poido123
07-01-2014, 04:34 AM
Because they won't be relevant until he's past his prime. And he's just adding unnecessary wins to a tanking team.

They have two options.

1. Use all of their assets and trade to be relevant or

2. Tank further with no guarantee of getting better.

I don't know, I just think you can easily build around rondo. he's exactly what you need to start a championship team IMO.

navy
07-01-2014, 04:39 AM
Is he asking for 100million?! I didn't know that! yeah, I understand, I don't think its worth putting that much on him
Maybe he is overselling himself for negotiations. Or he wants out and 100 million is the only thing that will get him to stay. :confusedshrug:

navy
07-01-2014, 04:40 AM
I don't know, I just think you can easily build around rondo. he's exactly what you need to start a championship team IMO.
He use to be.

He wasnt a good defender last year in the games I saw. Maybe an aberration, maybe the norm. Although, I hear his shot is better.

fiddy
07-01-2014, 04:44 AM
Rondo for Westbrick

BlackWhiteGreen
07-01-2014, 04:50 AM
why trade for another PG when you just drafted one? if you really wanna trade, then yeah draft picks are the way to go

My assumption is, if Ainge called Thomas, we're looking at trading Rondo for him + Stauskas + picks

RoundMoundOfReb
07-01-2014, 04:50 AM
They have two options.

1. Use all of their assets and trade to be relevant or

2. Tank further with no guarantee of getting better.

Who exactly could they trade for to make them legitimately relevant? Kevin Love maybe? You'd probably need to give up a lot and still need a 3rd guy with Rondo/Love to be legitimate title contenders.

salwan
07-01-2014, 06:47 AM
Rondo needs to stay in boston, end of story

this :cry:

Rubio2Gasol
07-01-2014, 06:51 AM

Because he will leave next year.

Rondo
07-01-2014, 06:51 AM
It'll be a sad day when he leaves Boston :(

SexSymbol
07-01-2014, 07:28 AM
He's the second best point guard in the league after Parker when healthy.

r0drig0lac
07-01-2014, 07:28 AM
best point guard in the world easily

Rubio2Gasol
07-01-2014, 07:31 AM
Also, Someone post a pic of Rondo in a turban.

This thread has Miguel Pietrus potential.

SexSymbol
07-01-2014, 07:34 AM
So parker is better than WB, CP3 and Steph?? :rolleyes:
Yes, for at least three years now.

Thorpesaurous
07-01-2014, 07:41 AM
My assumption is, if Ainge called Thomas, we're looking at trading Rondo for him + Stauskas + picks

From what I've read something built around McLemore is the most likely scenario with the Kings. Talking to Isiah Thomas may be trying to suss out what sort of contractual things they could work out with him so a sign and trade could be done that would make the numbers work, and give the C's the extra asset. Although I don't believe there be much there with Thomas other than eventual trade bait.

SexSymbol
07-01-2014, 07:50 AM
Westbrook completely dominated him this year on both ends, and parker probably wasnt even the 3rd best player on his team in the finals, and disappeared in the 2013 finals. 16/6 on 41% and he didn't get much criticism at all.

I could see an argument for him being the 3rd best, 2nd is definitely pushing it IMO. But he certainly aint the best...
He's the best, he's the reason why Pop's system works so flawlessly.
He does the most work on the team physically by running a mile on every frickin possesion, he's an annual MVP candidate for a good reason and it seems that he's still underrated. Good to great defender, best point guard post player in the league by a landslide, good passer, much improved shooter.
Really, a great all-around player, Chris Paul is too selfish to be in the discussion, Westbrook is not really a point guard at all and he lacks basic bball IQ, Rondo is the only one who's when healthy has the same feeling of a system, and Rondo doesn't have a match in the NBA as a passer.
Chris Paul is easily the most overrated player in the NBA, he's one of the biggest chokers you could possibly think of, no chance of him being the best. Westbrook has a better case than him easily, not to mention a four time champion, former Finals MVP Tony Parker

Warfan
07-01-2014, 10:39 AM
He's the best, he's the reason why Pop's system works so flawlessly.
He does the most work on the team physically by running a mile on every frickin possesion, he's an annual MVP candidate for a good reason and it seems that he's still underrated. Good to great defender, best point guard post player in the league by a landslide, good passer, much improved shooter.
Really, a great all-around player, Chris Paul is too selfish to be in the discussion, Westbrook is not really a point guard at all and he lacks basic bball IQ, Rondo is the only one who's when healthy has the same feeling of a system, and Rondo doesn't have a match in the NBA as a passer.
Chris Paul is easily the most overrated player in the NBA, he's one of the biggest chokers you could possibly think of, no chance of him being the best. Westbrook has a better case than him easily, not to mention a four time champion, former Finals MVP Tony Parker

Do you think OKC or the Clippers would comeback in the 2nd half and closeout a series without Russ or CP3 playing a single minute?? The Spurs looked better with Parker off the floor

How can you be the best PG in the league when 3 or 4 of your own teammates outplay you in the finals, and wasn't the best player on the team even when you consider the whole playoffs and regular season?? Game 5 of the finals he missed his first 9 shots but they still blew out Miami. What about last year when he played awful and disappeared, especially the last 2 games. Pop even benched him the last play in game 7 when Manu turned it over. Does this not count as choking?? Averaging 16/6 on 40%, shooting 9-35 in the 2 biggest games of the year, but nah we'll just ignore that.

What about the WCF this year when Westbrook pushed his shit in. Parker puts up 13/5 while Russ dominates him on both ends averaging 27/6/7. WB outplays the MVP and was arguably the best player the whole playoffs, while Parker gets owned head-to-head and gets outplayed 3 of his teammates in the biggest series of the year. Please tell me again how he's better than atleast WB. He gets carried by his team and when he fails he rarely gets criticism while Westbrook is putting up dominating performances and gets blamed everytime OKC loses a game.

CP3 is a better player than Parker on both ends of the floor, no question about it. Could u imagine the Clippers beating OKC with CP3 averaging 13/5?? He played twice as well and they still lost in 6.

Ive never seen and 'MVP candidate' and supposedly best player at his position get so little criticism after playing like shit and disappearing, whilst he gets praise when he gets carried by Pop and his teammates. I don't care about his championships, that's a team accomplishment. And the Spurs this year were the epitome of TEAM, a team that Parker wasn't the best player on.

Smook A.
07-01-2014, 10:54 AM
One of the best pure point guards when healthy. If he knew how to shoot he'd be a better player than Chris Paul, ther'e no question about it.

GimmeThat
07-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Because he doesn't score enough points, and they might still have minor doubts about their new coach.

But chances of Rondo's skill, as well as FA possibilities might just ease those doubts.

MC Gusto
07-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Is this Raja Rondo some sort of hybrid of Raja Bell and Rajon Rondo?