PDA

View Full Version : Is OKC going to sit on their hands in free agency again?

Jameerthefear
07-01-2014, 08:28 AM
Y/n?

RoundMoundOfReb
07-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Yes.

Graviton
07-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Yes, **** Presti.

PJR
07-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Yes, They're a small market team who primarily builds their team thru the draft. The only free agents they will pursue are the bargain, ones once the market settles.

DMAVS41
07-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Not sure.

I just have to imagine that they aren't stupid enough to sit on what they have at sg again.

It's harsh, but only an idiot would be comfortable going into next season with what they currently have at that spot.

Castor Troy
07-01-2014, 09:08 AM
They have real need at SG, and need some bench depth. With Fisher retired, they will be forced to adjust. I just wonder how someone like KD will react to not building the necessary pieces required to win.

GimmeThat
07-01-2014, 09:10 AM
They have real need at SG, and need some bench depth. With Fisher retired, they will be forced to adjust. I just wonder how someone like KD will react to not building the necessary pieces required to win.

probably still happy about his MVP season as well as not having to worry about the contract situation and getting paid max dollars while working on his game.

-Lebron23-
07-01-2014, 09:17 AM
They could have had Afflalo, they just did not try. He ended up in Denver for less than what OKC could have easily offered. He was an excellent fit, would have addressed a huge weakness... and they didn't pull the trigger.

After that, I'm not sure what move is going to be good enough for them to make. Perhaps they are hoping to sign a star for the vet min or draft their next starting SG with the 28th pick or, most likely, they are severely overrating their core.

KD is to blame too. His nice guy act doesn't put pressure on management. He needs to be vocal about issues like these, good players becomig available and management refusing to go for them. That's bad leadership.

BlazerRed
07-01-2014, 09:21 AM
Yes. Shitty front office.

SHABBA
07-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Roberson will probably start at SG next season.

BlazerRed
07-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Roberson will probably start at SG next season.
Just what they need, another one-dimensional guy who can't shoot :rolleyes:

Carbine
07-01-2014, 10:26 AM
They only have the MLE to offer.

BlazerRed
07-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Not true. They have young assets, picks and a large expiring contract.

hawkfan
07-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Billups at minimum.

HylianNightmare
07-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Jameer

Carbine
07-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Not true. They have young assets, picks and a large expiring contract.

Young assets? Who's going to give value for Jeremy Lamb? He hasn't done anything in the NBA yet in two years.

What's a deal of Perkins/Lamb going to get?

They're better off keeping Lamb and adding a player through the MLE.

BlazerRed
07-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Young assets? Who's going to give value for Jeremy Lamb? He hasn't done anything in the NBA yet in two years.

What's a deal of Perkins/Lamb going to get?

They're better off keeping Lamb and adding a player through the MLE.
Of course they can use MLE.. but you said that's all they've got. It's simply not true. A large expiring contract has value, as does adding someone like Perry Jones/Lamb. I'm not saying they can get some superstar but they should be able to attract someone who can help them with this finals goal and try to cover at least some of Scott Brooks incompetence, if that's at all possible.

Lamb has been in the league 2 years, but he hardly got any burn time until this year. He'll come on.. he's already shown he can be a pretty good player, just needs to build the consistency which is hard to do when you've not even playing consistent minutes.

cumaethor
07-01-2014, 12:03 PM
They have:

MLE ~ 5 mil

BAE ~ 2 mil

TPE ~ 6,5 mil (until 11.07)

And lot of good contracts. And one really bad one.
And about ~8 mil room until luxury tax, with current roster.

Would be shocked if they don't sign someone.

longtime lurker
07-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Just start Lamb and trade Ibaka or Perkins for a post scorer. It's so simple yet OKC wants to complicate things.

Meticode
07-01-2014, 12:14 PM
I don't even know why I was discussing Gasol going to OKC when they said that was one of his suitors.

Thunderfan86
07-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Still haven't heard any rumors about the Thunder. Not even fake rumors. If OKC sits on their hands again I'm f*cking done. DONE!

F*cking cheap phagg0t ass front office. F*CK YOU!!!! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/rude/1/angry.gif

russwest0
07-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Still haven't heard any rumors about the Thunder. Not even fake rumors. If OKC sits on their hands again I'm f*cking done. DONE!

F*cking cheap phagg0t ass front office. F*CK YOU!!!! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/rude/1/angry.gif

Don't worry bro, it looks like we could end up getting Sebastian Telfair! Thats whats rumored and he uploaded a pic of himself in OKC today! :applause:

qrich
07-01-2014, 09:33 PM
They should have claimed Willie Green, but the great Magic beat them to the punch.

Captain Clutch
07-01-2014, 09:36 PM

Exactly how I feel.

Heavincent
07-01-2014, 09:37 PM
They're more than fine at the center position. Perkins brings valuable veteran experience.

Fisher retiring was a big blow though. It will be tough to replace his veteran experience and leadership.

MUGEN
07-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Has there even been a fake rumor? Don't recall hearing any

Captain Clutch
07-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Don't worry bro, it looks like we could end up getting Sebastian Telfair! Thats whats rumored and he uploaded a pic of himself in OKC today! :applause:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Automatic championship!!!

:banghead:

sfballa13
07-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Should have moved Lamb / PJ3 + 1st rounder this year for Afflalo

Westbrook - Afflalo - Ibaka lineup would be scary defensively

But they are slowly missing out on all the FA too

Could have gotten Meeks for cheaper than what Detroit paid since they are a contending team and he would have taken a slight discount 0.75-1M to play for the Thunder but they didnt extend an offer

Their team was ranked 5-6 in profits but spends NOTHING. Their owner is a joke.

Nash
07-01-2014, 10:01 PM
nobody wants to live there

also, Lamb will explode. Just start the guy.

WeGetRing2012
07-01-2014, 10:01 PM
probably still happy about his MVP season as well as not having to worry about the contract situation and getting paid max dollars while working on his game.

Yeah KD can just chill and perfect his game until he makes that move to the Lakers in 2016.

russwest0
07-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Hey I heard Sam Presti has his own TV show now! Pics:

http://i.imgur.com/t0FhGjj.png

BlazerRed
07-01-2014, 10:05 PM

Hey I heard Sam Presti has his own TV show now! Pics:

http://i.imgur.com/t0FhGjj.png

:roll:

Seriously though, if OKC don't make any decent moves this off-season they are the new jokes of the league. Forever good, but not good enough due to the FO not caring about winning.. it's all about the cash.

KDthunderup
07-01-2014, 11:29 PM
ffs it looks like we wont do shit again and will probably end up half decent piece away from winning a championship again.

hawksdogsbraves
07-01-2014, 11:45 PM
When is their deadbeat owner going to realize that ponying up a little more money to get this team over the hump is going to result in WAY more money for him in the long run?

Staying at the cap and not ever quite winning a ship means Durant and Westbrook are gonna leave in FA, and the Thunder are going to be irrelevant.

Spend the money while you still can.