PDA

View Full Version : Pistons to offer IT 3 years/ $24 million?

Levity
07-01-2014, 12:31 PM
https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/483984300145389568

Steve KylerVerified account ‏@stevekylerNBA

RT @NBAcom: #Pistons have reportedly offered Isaiah Thomas a 3 contract worth $24 million #FreeAgentFever

Interesting. I'm assuming this means they try to move brandon jennings? Neither PG's are the playmakers the team could really use, but i would prefer thomas to jennings if i were the pistons.

hawkfan
07-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Pistons get

Derrick Williams (expirer)

Kings get

Brandon Jennings

The Kings get Jennings to run the point, while the Pistons get a replacement for Greg Monroe (after he most likely leaves via sign and trade). The Pistons also get an additional 8 million in cap space next year

longtime lurker
07-01-2014, 12:37 PM
https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/483984300145389568

Interesting. I'm assuming this means they try to move brandon jennings? Neither PG's are the playmakers the team could really use, but i would prefer thomas to jennings if i were the pistons.

:oldlol: Pistons can't be serious. They'd probably resign Greg Monroe and have close to 40 million tied up in players that play 2 positions.

Levity
07-01-2014, 12:38 PM
The Kings get Jennings to run the point, while the Pistons get a replacement for Greg Monroe (after he most likely leaves via sign and trade). The Pistons also get an additional 8 million in cap space next year

i would absolutely hate that for the kings. i was really hoping jennings stepped up his game this season with detroit, but it was pretty much the same ol jennings, but even less efficient as a scorer.

bigkingsfan
07-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Pistons get

Kings get

Brandon Jennings

Stop proposing trades for us dickhead.

hawkfan
07-01-2014, 12:41 PM
i would absolutely hate that for the kings. i was really hoping jennings stepped up his game this season with detroit, but it was pretty much the same ol jennings, but even less efficient as a scorer.

The Kings had a chance to draft a point guard the last two seasons and haven't done it.

Maybe Ben McLemore to the Hawks for Dennis Schroeder.

hawksdogsbraves
07-01-2014, 12:42 PM
That's the same money as Jeff Teague and George Hill (LOL) get, seems fair, if not a downright good deal for Detroit.

qrich
07-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Stop proposing trades for us dickhead.

How about Jared Dudley for Jason Thompson?

ballup
07-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Stop proposing trades dickhead. They all suck
Fixed

Levity
07-01-2014, 01:29 PM
How about Jared Dudley for Jason Thompson?

If dudley can get back to his PHX production, it might be something to consider for both teams. However, i would like the kings to try and trade IT + Gay to DET for Smith before that happens.

qrich
07-01-2014, 01:32 PM
If dudley can get back to his PHX production, it might be something to consider for both teams. However, i would like the kings to try and trade IT + Gay to DET for Smith before that happens.

Why can't both occur with Smoove at the four and Dudley at the three?

JT also has 3 years left, while Dudley is unguaranteed next year, so $$$ incentive for the Kings as well

roffie
07-01-2014, 01:34 PM
does dat mean jennings will be moved if this does happen?
or they'll keep him at SG lol

qrich
07-01-2014, 01:35 PM
does dat mean jennings will be moved if this does happen?
or they'll keep him at SG lol

Or Thomas can be used as a super sub, his best suited role imo.

Levity
07-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Why can't both occur with Smoove at the four and Dudley at the three?

l

That's what i was saying. i like that line up for the kings (dudley, smith). but id want the kings to get rid of gay before getting dudley. and i can see gay going to det for smith, which is why i suggested it.

qrich
07-01-2014, 01:37 PM
That's what i was saying. i like that line up for the kings (dudley, smith). but id want the kings to get rid of gay before getting dudley. and i can see gay going to det for smith, which is why i suggested it.

Ah I see, misunderstood it.

Though I can see the Kings insisting on it being Landry instead of Jason

Fiddlesticks
07-01-2014, 01:47 PM
idk how i feel about Thomas yet but as a point guard that can pass and lead a team, I would take Jennings no doubt.

bagelred
07-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Pistons after Isaiah Thomas...then they'll sign those 2 guys from the D-League... Jo Doomars and Bill Lambeir.

Miles and Miles
07-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Well there goes IT. Now we don't even have a PG. I hope all the haters are satisfied with having nothing. He's so underrated and will kill us every time we play them I am sure. Kings are famous for having those guys that got away, now we have another I am sure.

ihatetimthomas
07-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Well there goes IT. Now we don't even have a PG. I hope all the haters are satisfied with having nothing. He's so underrated and will kill us every time we play them I am sure. Kings are famous for having those guys that got away, now we have another I am sure.

Why exactly does he appear to have little to no interest from the Kings? He played very well when inserted into the starting role. He can score in bunches and is better than anything the Kings have at that position.

qrich
07-01-2014, 02:45 PM

It's a reported offer. Not like the Kings are fully out of it.

And not like they can't sign any other point.

Miles and Miles
07-01-2014, 02:54 PM
It's a reported offer. Not like the Kings are fully out of it.

And not like they can't sign any other point.

So the PG replacement that will be as good at IT is named? Kings won't give him 8 mil per year, I don't think.

Miles and Miles
07-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Why exactly does he appear to have little to no interest from the Kings? He played very well when inserted into the starting role. He can score in bunches and is better than anything the Kings have at that position.

I've never understood it. Fans love him and he plays very well. Best PG we have had since Bibby. But for some reason they have always wanted to make him a bench player. Management, coaches, some fans, writers all like to say "he's better coming off the bench" but clearly he isn't. Of course he lacks in D but everyone on the Kings does. Underrated and undervalued because of his size. I can't see anyone paying him $8 Mil per to come off the bench.

hawksdogsbraves
07-01-2014, 03:17 PM
If George Hill and Jeff Teague are worth $8 mil/yr, IT certainly is.

People get too caught up in his size and not enough in his production. Is he a bad defender? Yeah, but so are most PG's in the league right now...

Miles and Miles
07-01-2014, 03:18 PM
If George Hill and Jeff Teague are worth $8 mil/yr, IT certainly is.

People get too caught up in his size and not enough in his production. Is he a bad defender? Yeah, but so are most PG's in the league right now...

AGREE

wally_world
07-01-2014, 03:32 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0810/nba.best.post.season.performances/images/isiah_thomas.jpg

stalkerforlife
07-01-2014, 03:33 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0810/nba.best.post.season.performances/images/isiah_thomas.jpg

Epic.

But seriously, the Pistons make moves that baffle me. At least they try.

ihatetimthomas
07-01-2014, 03:37 PM
I've never understood it. Fans love him and he plays very well. Best PG we have had since Bibby. But for some reason they have always wanted to make him a bench player. Management, coaches, some fans, writers all like to say "he's better coming off the bench" but clearly he isn't. Of course he lacks in D but everyone on the Kings does. Underrated and undervalued because of his size. I can't see anyone paying him $8 Mil per to come off the bench.

I have to imagine its his size. Maybe they dont think he is the long term answer at the point because of the size. Kings have made some poor decisions, I dont blame them for actually taking the time to think this one through. They werent exactly winning tons of games with him in the starting role.

andremiller07
07-01-2014, 11:36 PM
I have to imagine its his size. Maybe they dont think he is the long term answer at the point because of the size. Kings have made some poor decisions, I dont blame them for actually taking the time to think this one through. They werent exactly winning tons of games with him in the starting role.
It's not the size it's the lack of playmaking and defense thing is he's not even a pesky defender which you need to be at that size.

bdreason
07-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Pistons going after the shortest players available or what? :oldlol:

El Kabong
07-02-2014, 01:36 AM
I don't mind it. Certainly a better deal than the Meeks one.

Would rather IT at $8 million than Stuckey who they've been paying the same for the past 3-4 years.

JohnFreeman
07-02-2014, 01:39 AM
Pistons get

Kings get

Brandon Jennings

Stop

El Kabong
07-02-2014, 01:44 AM
There's almost a touch of a schadenfreude type feeling on the thought of seeing Jennings on the Kings with Gay and Cousins.

Miles and Miles
07-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Now they are saying there was no negotiation between IT and Detroit. So where does he end up? Heard on the radio there is interest from LAL and Miami. Strange that these teams that could have ANYONE are interested in IT but the Kings aren't?

NumberSix
07-07-2014, 05:57 PM
That's so fcuking weird. That like Chicago getting another SG named "Michael Jordan"

bagelred
07-07-2014, 06:00 PM
And this is why bad teams stay bad. You'd never see a "smart" team offer so much money for a below average starter....at best.

Miles and Miles
07-07-2014, 06:08 PM
That's so fcuking weird. That like Chicago getting another SG named "Michael Jordan"

Didn't you just see the Celtics signed a new guy named Larry Bird?