PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ ppl trashing Kobe for taking a big salary (look at their profit)

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-01-2014, 03:29 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers are projected to make $100.1 million in profit for the 13-14 NBA season, comfortably the best in the NBA. The Chicago Bulls are second at $61 million, followed by the Houston Rockets ($40.7 million), Boston Celtics ($33.1 million) and Oklahoma City Thunder ($29 million).

He brings in so much to LA easily worth the contract from a financial POV:applause: :applause: :applause:

stalkerforlife
07-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Admittedly, he's the only reason I care about the Lakers at all.

navy
07-01-2014, 03:31 PM
You do realize if Kobe had signed for less the profit would be higher and the Lakers would have a better chance of winning?

lakerspng
07-01-2014, 03:33 PM
actually, without Kobe on the team, profits would crash. Lakers will make 5 dollars profit for every dollar spent on Kobe. His importance is as much in the jersey as on the floor for the team. They want those profits to continue.

If Kobe was on the market this year, knowing he's healthy, several teams would offer him 20-25 million/year to add him to their rosters, don't fool yourselves. The money he'd bring in for their franchise alone would make it worth it.

kamil
07-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Doesn't matter, it's not like the revenue wouldn't be as high if he took a much deserved paycut. The guy has been sucking every penny out of Lakers organization. He's not worth 30 million.

ihatetimthomas
07-01-2014, 03:34 PM
The criticism doesnt stem from what his actual worth is to the franchise. It stems from handcuffing the team and not allowing the team flexibilty to make moves under the current CBA. And this is coming from a guy who doesnt blame him from taking that money. I mean, they offered it to him, who would turn it down?

Quickening
07-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Didn't Chicago bulls make the second amount of money, I guess that mens Derrick Rose contract is also good value at the moment :lol

Lakers are the most marketable franchise, stick any superstar on them and they make the biggest profits.

nevetslc88
07-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Lakers paid 50 Million to the league this year in Revenue Sharing highest in the league, teams should be thanking the Lakers for keeping there negative franchises operational.

navy
07-01-2014, 03:37 PM
The criticism doesnt stem from what his actual worth is to the franchise. It stems from handcuffing the team and not allowing the team flexibilty to make moves under the current CBA. And this is coming from a guy who doesnt blame him from taking that money. I mean, they offered it to him, who would turn it down?
This. Kobe is easily worth his old 30mil when factoring in what he meant to the franchise. However, that doesnt mean his one the court production is worth his check.

crisoner
07-01-2014, 03:37 PM
LA is the second biggest market in the USA....and the NBA is the number one sport. You can not find that any where else in this country.

NY - Baseball
Boston - Baseball
Dallas - Football
Florida - Football
SF Bay Area - Football
Philly - Football
Chicago - Football

Etc
Etc
Etc

RoundMoundOfReb
07-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Who has ever said that Kobe isn't worth it from a business pov? He just isn't from a basketball one.

Heavincent
07-01-2014, 03:39 PM
I don't get it. You guys know the Lakers offered him the contract, right? Who in the right mind would turn it down?

kentatm
07-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Who has ever said that Kobe isn't worth it from a business pov? He just isn't from a basketball one.

asking Kobe-stans to think critically and rationally is like asking Republicans and Democrats in Washington to stop acting like assholes sucking off the corporate teat.

truhooper
07-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Didn't Chicago bulls make the second amount of money, I guess that mens Derrick Rose contract is also good value at the moment :lol

Lakers are the most marketable franchise, stick any superstar on them and they make the biggest profits.

This :facepalm

T_L_P
07-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Kobe's contract is more than justified from a revenue standpoint (although not necessarily a basketball one).

I have no issues with the contract. I have issues with him taking the contract and complaining to management about the team they're putting around him, and that his fans think he is only about winning.

Contract = cool
Kobe bitching about help when his contract is part of the reason why his team sucks = not cool
Saying he's only about winning = not cool.

It's not rocket science.

no pun intended
07-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Meanwhile the Nets lose $144 million lmao

Big#50
07-01-2014, 03:54 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers are projected to make $100.1 million in profit for the 13-14 NBA season, comfortably the best in the NBA. The Chicago Bulls are second at $61 million, followed by the Houston Rockets ($40.7 million), Boston Celtics ($33.1 million) and Oklahoma City Thunder ($29 million).

He brings in so much to LA easily worth the contract from a financial POV:applause: :applause: :applause:
Because us fans give a **** how much the team owners make. ****ing idiot. We fans want to watch a winning team. Now go **** your mother.

atljonesbro
07-01-2014, 03:59 PM
His contract shows he clearly doesn't care about winning. That's fine and all, but he pretends as winning is his #1 concern when's it's clearly not even close to being that.

r0drig0lac
07-01-2014, 04:03 PM
this, thread without any sense

Big#50
07-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Why you so mad? Mom didn't give you pvssy this morning? Stupid cvnt b|tch
What's up OP?

Heavincent
07-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Kobe's contract is more than justified from a revenue standpoint (although not necessarily a basketball one).

I have no issues with the contract. I have issues with him taking the contract and complaining to management about the team they're putting around him, and that his fans think he is only about winning.

Contract = cool
Kobe bitching about help when his contract is part of the reason why his team sucks = not cool
Saying he's only about winning = not cool.

It's not rocket science.

When did he bitch about help? What are you even talking about?

riseagainst
07-01-2014, 04:34 PM
when did Kobe "b1tch" about help?

:biggums:

HurricaneKid
07-01-2014, 04:44 PM
when did Kobe "b1tch" about help?

:biggums:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/3446/kobe-bryant-says-he-d-like-to-be-traded

In case you had forgotten

HurricaneKid
07-01-2014, 04:45 PM

So Kobe played 6 games this year. Had zero on court presence and the Lakers made >$100M. And you guys are saying they did BECAUSE of Kobe?

Its evidence they are far bigger than he is.

Heavincent
07-01-2014, 04:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/3446/kobe-bryant-says-he-d-like-to-be-traded

I don't see how a bluff from 7 years ago is relevant to this conversation.

We're talking about now. Kobe hasn't bitched about help since signing the contract.

riseagainst
07-01-2014, 04:51 PM

we're talking about his current contract and his big salary, what does the link have to do with this?

nice try.

bigkingsfan
07-01-2014, 04:54 PM
I don't see how a bluff from 7 years ago is relevant to this conversation.

We're talking about now. Kobe hasn't bitched about help since signing the contract.

Kobe can no longer bitch because he's no longer relevant.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-01-2014, 05:03 PM
So Kobe played 6 games this year. Had zero on court presence and the Lakers made >$100M. And you guys are saying they did BECAUSE of Kobe?

Its evidence they are far bigger than he is.
Kobe was top 5 in jersey sales this year:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Quickening
07-01-2014, 05:11 PM
So was Derrick Rose :lol :lol

Dbrog
07-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Kobe's always been selfish. It doesn't really surprise me that he's never taken a pay cut. Hell I would do the same thing if I were him. It 100% hurts the team though. Not gonna win anything with that nowadays.

HurricaneKid
07-01-2014, 05:15 PM
we're talking about his current contract and his big salary, what does the link have to do with this?

nice try.

He said he didn't b1tch about help. I showed you he demanded a trade

"because he isn't confident in their ability to surround him with appropriate talent"

because he wanted help.

Just did what you asked boss.

ihatetimthomas
07-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Kobe's always been selfish. It doesn't really surprise me that he's never taken a pay cut. Hell I would do the same thing if I were him. It 100% hurts the team though. Not gonna win anything with that nowadays.

So let me get this straight, star players who don't take a paycut are selfish? I mean, the guys who are taking the paycuts are being selfish too. They want glory, titles and the individual success. Everyone is playing for themselves

Kblaze8855
07-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Nobody gives two shits about the lakers profit. People saying he isnt worth the money are talking about the only thing that matters to a fan......basketball.

I never judged Kobe for taking it....who doesnt want more money?

I just find it odd to take all that money as you wind down on a team that already wasnt any good then act like you put winning first.

Just be real about it.

You say you want the money...**** it. any man should be able to respect that.

Just dont bullshit me and talk about winning then screw over your teams ability to do that as your career ends and they need to retool to put help around you for you to go out winning and let them win longterm.

You dont take 50 million on a team thats already just average.....while you recover from a torn tendon...at his age...and put winning first.

If he would be real about it I wouldnt care.

aj1987
07-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Wade was in the top 10 as well. People he are saying that he deserves less than $10M. :facepalm

red1
07-01-2014, 05:55 PM
you got it twisted broski. we criticize him because he is a rapist. has nothing to do with salary

NuggetsFan
07-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Nobody gives two shits about the lakers profit. People saying he isnt worth the money are talking about the only thing that matters to a fan......basketball.

Bingo. Kobe's great for business, as if that even needed to be said. One of the greatest players of All-Time makes your team profitable. Makes a team like L.A super profitable given L.A is already a good money market.

Who cares about that as a fan? L.A isn't relocating regardless of there profit margins so it's not like Lakers wouldn't exist without Kobe. In terms of basketball he's a player on the backside of his career coming off injuries who is currently taking up a huge chunk of your cap and preventing you from contending most likely :confusedshrug:

boozehound
07-01-2014, 06:08 PM

I never judged Kobe for taking it....who doesnt want more money?

I just find it odd to take all that money as you wind down on a team that already wasnt any good then act like you put winning first.

Just be real about it.

You say you want the money...**** it. any man should be able to respect that.

Just dont bullshit me and talk about winning then screw over your teams ability to do that as your career ends and they need to retool to put help around you for you to go out winning and let them win longterm.

You dont take 50 million on a team thats already just average.....while you recover from a torn tendon...at his age...and put winning first.

If he would be real about it I wouldnt care.
this is my viewpoint as well

AirFederer
07-01-2014, 06:10 PM
It's about winning :facepalm