PDA

View Full Version : Kobe tweeting out some major B.S about his draft day

Hey Yo
07-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 2h
On this day 18yrs ago the hornets told me right after they drafted me that they had no use for me and were going to trade me #thanku #lakers

https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/484037007833051136

He knew exactly what was going down before he was drafted. He also told the Nets not to draft him at #8 cause he wouldn't sign with them because of the deal in place with the Lakers.

His blatant lying is obviously a form of guilt on his part.

IllegalD
07-01-2014, 04:13 PM
On this day 18yrs ago the hornets told me right after they drafted me that they had no use for me and were going to trade me #thanku #lakers

He knew exactly what was going down before he was drafted. He also told the Nets not to draft him at #8 cause he wouldn't sign with them.

Cool. 2/5

riseagainst
07-01-2014, 04:14 PM

He knew exactly what was going down before he was drafted. He also told the Nets not to draft him at #8 cause he wouldn't sign with them because of the deal in place with the Lakers.

do you have proof?

Mr. Jabbar
07-01-2014, 04:16 PM
On one hand: Kobe Bryants opinion

On the other: "Hey Yo" opinion

choices..

Hey Yo
07-01-2014, 04:20 PM
do you have proof?
It's been a known fact for years. Look it up.

It's just funny seeing him lie out of his ass

riseagainst
07-01-2014, 04:26 PM
It's been a known fact for years. Look it up.

It's just funny seeing him lie out of his ass

could you post a link because I don't have hours and hours of time on my hands to search for it, plus since you have already "discovered" such reliable sources, it is just easier for you to provide them for us all. That is, unless, you are lying.

gts
07-01-2014, 04:27 PM

http://www.journalnow.com/archives/article_e7a4ddee-ed8d-5be1-9b81-723b924628ec.html

dh144498
07-01-2014, 04:28 PM
could you post a link because I don't have hours and hours of time on my hands to search for it, plus since you have already "discovered" such reliable sources, it is just easier for you to provide them for us all. That is, unless, you are lying.

OP going into hiding.
:oldlol:

Levity
thanks op. so youre telling us the hornets just bent over and let a 17 year old kobe bryant fck them in the ass. kewl!

DetroitPistonFan

Post proof, please.

JellyBean
07-01-2014, 04:30 PM

:facepalm First off, Kobe isn't lying. The idea that Bryant orchestrated the trade

riseagainst
07-01-2014, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=JellyBean]:facepalm First off, Kobe isn't lying. The idea that Bryant orchestrated the trade

Hey Yo
07-01-2014, 04:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?id=6255802

crisoner
07-01-2014, 04:34 PM
No sense in arguing with Hey Yo.....

LMAO

Move along people nothing to see here. I got dupped as well.

kentatm
07-01-2014, 04:35 PM
its really sad to watch the Kobe-stans go into a full on PR scramble to protect their golden god.

riseagainst
07-01-2014, 04:37 PM

nowhere in there it says Kobe "demanded a trade" or anything close to insinuating that.

:coleman:

DetroitPistonFan
07-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Again, post proof.

Hey Yo
07-01-2014, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=JellyBean]:facepalm First off, Kobe isn't lying. The idea that Bryant orchestrated the trade

DetroitPistonFan
07-01-2014, 04:40 PM
His tweet made it sound as if no other team was interested. He knew prior to being drafted by Charlotte that he would not be playing there. His rights would be traded to LA.

Kobe made himself sound like the teenage victim, treated like trash by Charlotte. He knew what was going down the whole time.
Why is the tweet he made news to you know when he said the same thing before on TV?

Hey Yo
07-01-2014, 04:40 PM
nowhere in there it says Kobe "demanded a trade" or anything close to insinuating that.

:coleman:
I never said he did to begin with. Calipari and the Nets were told not to draft him.

Doctor Rivers
07-01-2014, 04:42 PM
hey yo!

IllegalD
07-01-2014, 04:42 PM
its really sad to watch the Kobe-stans go into a full on PR scramble to protect their golden god.

Sadder than Kobe haters making more threads about Kobe than any other player while dude barely played this season? :confusedshrug:

kentatm
07-01-2014, 04:44 PM
keep polishing his dome kid.

nike loves you pushing his mythical aura

hawke812
07-01-2014, 04:44 PM
I never said he did to begin with. Calipari and the Nets were told not to draft him.

Don't draft a player straight outta HS? Must be colluding than:roll:

Legends66NBA7
07-01-2014, 04:45 PM
"Or Bryant would have been perfectly happy as a New Jersey Net, a claim he first made a year after the draft."

Don't recall this quote before.

riseagainst
07-01-2014, 04:45 PM
I think what's even more sad than falsifying information to try to smudge someone's reputation is someone taking this opportunity to slip in an insult to bash the people who are calling the OP out on it. such a coward thing to do by both of these two kids, just pathetic.

:facepalm

kentatm
07-01-2014, 04:47 PM
:lol

and thanks for the cowardly neg from the Kobe-stan up in this thread

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ef17k7.png

hangintheair
07-01-2014, 04:50 PM

Then change your title.

3LiftHeatCurse
07-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Only Bryant wasn't about to wait years for his liberation. He called Calipari after the coach's lunch with Taub, and Bryant's agent, Arn Tellem, called Nash. Prospect and agent declared they wanted no part of Jersey; Tellem even threatened that his client would play in Italy if the Nets ignored their wishes.

It's well known and reported that Bryant refused to play for the Hornets, or the Nets, or anyone not named the Lakers. He threatened them with "If you draft me I'm going to Italy" type stuff.

OP is correct. Kobe lying.

gts
07-01-2014, 04:54 PM

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ef17k7.png:lol at you coming in here, tossing out a few petty snide remarks at Laker fans then running to check and see if you've been negged

Hey Yo
07-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Then change your title.
Why?

Kobe made it sound as if he was in the dark of what was going on between Charlotte and LA. He made it sound as if he got drafted by Charlotte then got a phone call right after from their front office laughing at the notion he would be playing there.

The whole premise is that what happen with Charlotte would have never went down if New Jersey wasn't told "not to draft him at #8 cause he wouldn't play for them"

riseagainst
07-01-2014, 04:56 PM
:lol at you coming in here, tossing out a few petty snide remarks at Laker fans then running to check and see if you've been negged

Legends66NBA7
07-01-2014, 05:01 PM
I'm reading the same article and coming down with quotes like:

"Kobe wasn't going to play in Italy, and he had nowhere else to go," Nash said.

Or Bryant would have been perfectly happy as a New Jersey Net, a claim he first made a year after the draft.

It also said that one of the owners wanted a different player, like John Wallace.

gts
07-01-2014, 05:04 PM

It also said that one of the owners wanted a different player, like John Wallace.

Yeah article reads more like the nets got cold feet and bowed to Kittles agent then anything from Kobe's end

Hey Yo
07-01-2014, 05:05 PM

It's easy to say a year after the fact. Especially when you're under contract with the team you wanted to play for

Drafting John Wallace that high would have been a reach. He became a bust under the Knicks watch.

kentatm
07-01-2014, 05:06 PM
:lol at you coming in here, tossing out a few petty snide remarks at Laker fans then running to check and see if you've been negged

:roll:

I didnt say shit to "Lakers" fans.

I just called out the stans for being stans.

and actually, I was in my user CP b/c my KVH avy was acting up. :hammerhead:

3LiftHeatCurse
07-01-2014, 05:12 PM

lol, A YEAR After Kobe was in the NBA, now he was trying to play damage control for his reputation.

Come on son.

J Shuttlesworth
07-01-2014, 05:26 PM

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ef17k7.png
lol they rustled.

ImKobe
07-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Hornets already had prime Dell Curry & Glen Rice starting at SG & SF, so another SG wouldn't have been their top priority anyay, they were pretty solid at the 1,2,3, they needed a big man coming into the draft and they got Divac in the trade, it was a smart move by the Hornets as Kobe was just a prospect at 17 years old.

LA Lakers
07-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Haha, Kobe is the king of real talk on social media. They say the older you get, the less you give a shit.

aj1987
07-01-2014, 05:59 PM
lol they rustled.
Haha! True. Post anything positive about LeBron/Heat or anything negative about Kobe, you're gonna get negged like crazy. The comments these Kobetards leave are amusing though.

SpaceJammeR
07-01-2014, 06:22 PM
lol draft me and im gonna leave your team in 2 years or im gonna play in italy.
kobe stans look the other way. what a fakkit

Droid101
07-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Kobe hasn't played basketball all year and yet has the most threads on the front page.

You people are embarrassing.

ImKobe
07-01-2014, 06:26 PM
lol draft me and im gonna leave your team in 2 years or im gonna play in italy.
kobe stans look the other way. what a fakkit

credible source to back your claims, please.

dubeta
07-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Kobe also once said he didnt rape that chick so we cant really trust him on these matters

SpaceJammeR
07-01-2014, 06:35 PM
credible source to back your claims, please.

the eyetest bro. use the eyetest. kobe is a fakkit

bdreason
07-01-2014, 06:36 PM
I saw that. Not sure why he feels the need to lie about it at this point.

dreamwarrior
07-01-2014, 08:44 PM
I was there for the draft. It was speculated days before the draft among Laker fans and espn that Kobe wanted to go to L.A. and if he couldn't have his way he'd go to college. In reality it was the Lakers who had already set up a trade with Charlotte and asked Kobe to refuse to play for the Nets or any other team that wasn't the Lakers. You think a guy like Kobe would have dropped down to #13 in this year's draft? He would've been taken no lower than 4th.

gts
07-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Kobe hasn't played basketball all year and yet has the most threads on the front page.

You people are embarrassing.Until Lebron wins another ring his fans will be in full damage control mode.. it's only going to get worse

rufuspaul
07-02-2014, 02:31 PM
From Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer:

I was there, covering the 1996 draft and the ensuing trade for the Charlotte Observer. To suggest Hornets general manager Bob Bass or anyone else in the organization rejected Bryant is absurd.

Bryant’s agent, Arn Tellem, and then-Lakers general manager Jerry West manipulated that draft masterfully. West wanted Bryant and he also wanted to create enough space under the salary cap to sign center Shaquille O’Neal as a free agent. He ended up with both, reinvigorating the Lakers.

The Hornets were more or less pawns in all this. Tellem wouldn’t let some lottery teams -– including the New Jersey Nets and the Hornets -– work out Bryant, a high school player from suburban Philadelphia. About a week before the draft Bass asked me what I was hearing about all this. He suspected the same thing I did, that Tellem was trying to direct Bryant to a team outside the top picks.

The morning of that draft we got a tip at the Observer that the Hornets were discussing a trade to acquire a center. Eventually, working with Scott Howard-Cooper, then of the Los Angeles Times, we figured out this was the deal: If Bryant lasted to the Hornets’ 13th pick, they would select him and deal him to the Lakers for Divac’s pre-existing contract. That gave West both Bryant and the cap space to pursue O’Neal.

This got a little complicated when Divac threatened to retire, rather than report to the Hornets. I asked Bass what he’d do if Divac didn’t relent and Bass said he’d keep Bryant.

That put Tellem in a nasty mood. Eighteen years later I remember him screaming at me over the phone from Southern California that Bryant would be a Laker no matter what.

Divac gave in and the deal was completed in July.

It doesn't really matter. Kobe is irrelevant.

Doctor Rivers
07-02-2014, 03:18 PM
From Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer:

It doesn't really matter. Kobe is irrelevant.
From John Delong of the Winston-Salem Journal:

... in an interview during the 2000 Finals when the Lakers beat Indiana for the NBA title, said emphatically that he would have gladly played in Charlotte. Sure, he wanted to play for the Lakers, but who wouldn't? He also said that had he gone to college, he would have signed with Duke, so he liked the area.

"The deal was actually done a day ahead of time, and it was Vlade for a player to be named," said Bill Branch, the Hornets' head scout at the time who still operates out of Charlotte as a scout for the Seattle-now-Oklahoma City Sonics. "If I remember right, they didn't even tell us who they wanted us to pick until about five minutes before the pick was made. So it was never a matter of us actually drafting Kobe."

Branch scouted Bryant twice for the Hornets while Bryant was at Lower Merion H.S., but he said that the Hornets "never even considered him" as a player they would draft and keep. Bass was an old-school GM who liked to deal but didn't usually gamble on young players.
It doesn't really matter. Kobe is relevant.

riseagainst
07-02-2014, 03:22 PM
From John Delong of the Winston-Salem Journal:
It doesn't really matter. Kobe is relevant.

:applause: