PDA

View Full Version : why do people refuse to admit that Lebron James is a flawed athlete?

STATUTORY
07-01-2014, 09:39 PM
I'm not even talking about his mentality or lack of competitive spirit. I'm talking pure and simple mechanically he's a flawed athlete, especially for basketball. Lebron James is probably one of the fastest player in the league when he's at full stride in top speed, but his acceleration or first step is pedestrian at best. This kid needed a pick and roll as soon as he got into the league because he never had the blow by first step of a guy like Kobe. Kobe in his 13th season in the league relied less on pick and rolls than Lebron in his first.

Lebron also has a blocky and bulky bodytype similiar to Dwight Howard. Both lack the natural fluidity and coordination of someone like Kobe or MJ. If you watch this kid's footwork when he's in iso, it's literally like he's shuffling them and trying to remember which step to take like he's in Salsa Dancing for beginners. This is why every jumper he takes he seems to be off balance and he's never been able to have a effective pull up game.

I just never have been impressed by his athleticism. He's also a terrible two foot leaper that's why he never wanted to participate in the dunk contest

guy is a bull ruining what was an aesthete game

tmacattack33
07-01-2014, 09:42 PM
No clue what you're talking about, his first step is still one of the best in the game.

If he is lacking in any area, it's ball bandling and footwork.

ralph_i_el
07-01-2014, 09:42 PM
OP is a troll ruining what was once a great forum

DaSeba5
07-01-2014, 09:43 PM
While LeBron isn't perfect, the last thing I would ever say about him is that he's a "flawed athlete."

STATUTORY
07-01-2014, 09:44 PM
While LeBron isn't perfect, the last thing I would ever say is LeBron is a "flawed athlete."
actually that's the perfect description for Lebron. He's a great athlete but he excels or is excessively good at things that only matter for limited area of the game.

lebron's attributes only help him being a fastbreak monster, does nothing for his half court game

dubeta
07-01-2014, 09:45 PM
You're right, the fact that LeBron can still succeed without the physical gifts of Jordan and Kobe show me that LeBron >>>>

If LeBron had Westbrooks athleticism he would be automatic GOAT :bowdown: :bowdown:

EllisGW
07-01-2014, 09:47 PM
actually that's the perfect description for Lebron. He's a great athlete but he excels or is excessively good at things that only matter for limited area of the game.

lebron's attributes only help him being a fastbreak monster, does nothing for his half court game

please find another sport to watch because you obviously don't understand basketball

STATUTORY
07-01-2014, 09:49 PM
please find another sport to watch because you obviously don't understand basketball
in actuality, i'm completely on point. you just overly impressed with flashy dunks in open court and don't understand context of what's happening.

KBaller33
07-01-2014, 09:49 PM
L.o.l

Jameerthefear
07-01-2014, 09:53 PM
OP is so ****ing stupid

Heatles201
07-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Did you not watch his Cleveland days? lol
His first step was lethal

dubeta
07-01-2014, 09:58 PM
If this is a flawed athlete:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNOOoZZB9BY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORl8sH47gTM

I'd like to see an elite one OP

STATUTORY
07-01-2014, 10:04 PM
If this is a flawed athlete:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNOOoZZB9BY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORl8sH47gTM

I'd like to see an elite one OP

:facepalm :facepalm

lebron fans such mongoloids. You f@cking post 2 clips of him dunking in open court jumping off single foot. Something I clearly said he was excellent at

and that's a rebuttal to my point?

edrick
07-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Of course he's flawed, like every other ****ing human being. :facepalm

If he had the first step of a skinny little pg, that wouldn't be fair.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-01-2014, 10:06 PM
OP. MJ is the best all around athlete this game has seen. Guy was so aesthetically beautiful to watch and had amazing footwork and technique. LeBron has probably the ugliest jumpshot I have ever seen form a top 10-20 player of all time who played a lot of wing throughout his career.

SouBeachTalents
07-01-2014, 10:08 PM
:facepalm :facepalm

lebron fans such mongoloids. You f@cking post 2 clips of him dunking in open court jumping off single foot. Something I clearly said he was excellent at

and that's a rebuttal to my point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmqy1eoKy04

Prometheus
07-01-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm not even talking about his mentality or lack of competitive spirit. I'm talking pure and simple mechanically he's a flawed athlete, especially for basketball. Lebron James is probably one of the fastest player in the league when he's at full stride in top speed, but his acceleration or first step is pedestrian at best. This kid needed a pick and roll as soon as he got into the league because he never had the blow by first step of a guy like Kobe. Kobe in his 13th season in the league relied less on pick and rolls than Lebron in his first.

Lebron also has a blocky and bulky bodytype similiar to Dwight Howard. Both lack the natural fluidity and coordination of someone like Kobe or MJ. If you watch this kid's footwork when he's in iso, it's literally like he's shuffling them and trying to remember which step to take like he's in Salsa Dancing for beginners. This is why every jumper he takes he seems to be off balance and he's never been able to have a effective pull up game.

I just never have been impressed by his athleticism. He's also a terrible two foot leaper that's why he never wanted to participate in the dunk contest

guy is a bull ruining what was an aesthete game

He's great at many things, and he's not great at others.

You're right, he doesn't have one of the quickest first steps in the league. That has been the case since day one.

He's much better at attacking in stride, off of one leg, than he is off of a plant-and-spring, two-footed jump. That has also been the case since day one.

He has tools that he uses to great effect and has been one of the most productive basketball players for nearly a decade now.

Shaq was not very fast or agile. He was Godzilla in the paint, and he used his tools to be a great player. He had flaws.

Kobe was not nearly as strong or as fast as LeBron. He used his agility, grace, and quickness to be a great player. He had flaws.

Of course LeBron is a flawed athlete you ****ing moron. There is no such thing as a flawless athlete. LeBron isn't perfect at everything, but he's great enough at enough things to be one of the greatest players ever.

STATUTORY
07-01-2014, 10:12 PM
He's great at many things, and he's not great at others.

You're right, he doesn't have one of the quickest first steps in the league. That has been the case since day one.

He's much better at attacking in stride, off of one leg, than he is off of a plant-and-spring, two-footed jump. That has also been the case since day one.

He has tools that he uses to great effect and has been one of the most productive basketball players for nearly a decade now.

Shaq was not very fast or agile. He was Godzilla in the paint, and he used his tools to be a great player. He had flaws.

Kobe was not nearly as strong or as fast as LeBron. He used his agility, grace, and quickness to be a great player. He had flaws.

Of course LeBron is a flawed athlete you ****ing moron. There is no such thing as a flawless athlete. LeBron isn't perfect at everything, but he's great enough at enough things to be one of the greatest players ever.

it's an obvious point, but clearly half the posters on the first page refuse to admit it or don't get it.

Prometheus
07-01-2014, 10:20 PM
it's an obvious point, but clearly half the posters on the first page refuse to admit it or don't get it.

But what is the point? No one ever claimed he was a perfect athlete, just a great one... and he is. He does not have the same body type as Jordan and Kobe and therefore does not look as similar to them when playing the game as you want him to look. You see a guy who doesn't explode off his first step or regularly finish off of two feet, and you decide that something must be wrong with him because he doesn't play like Jordan and Kobe. I just see a guy doing the same job with a different set of tools.

STATUTORY
07-01-2014, 10:26 PM
But what is the point? No one ever claimed he was a perfect athlete, just a great one... and he is. He does not have the same body type as Jordan and Kobe and therefore does not look as similar to them when playing the game as you want him to look. You see a guy who doesn't explode off his first step or regularly finish off of two feet, and you decide that something must be wrong with him because he doesn't play like Jordan and Kobe. I just see a guy doing the same job with a different set of tools.

I'm not criticizing him, that would be silly. He didn't choose his body. I'm actually providing an explanation for why he can't be like MJ that a lot of his critics seem to throw out.

His body type isn't best suited for half court scoring.

a lot of the talk about his lack of will is just canard, what he actually lack is the ability and a lot of that is based on physiology.

Kvnzhangyay
07-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Because people never admit the same for other greats like mj

rhowen4
07-01-2014, 10:33 PM
lol

russwest0
07-01-2014, 10:34 PM

Lol you are missing the point. We've had people on here make threads titled "LeBron has the quickest first step in the NBA" and a bunch of other bullshit. His athleticism is overrated because he doesn't put it to much good use in a halfcourt setting. Period. Yet rather than compare him to other ball dominant point forwards the media (namely ESPN) continues to compare him to guys like Jordan and Kobe who he plays nothing like.

Prometheus
07-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Lol you are missing the point. We've had people on here make threads titled "LeBron has the quickest first step in the NBA" and a bunch of other bullshit. His athleticism is overrated because he doesn't put it to much good use in a halfcourt setting. Period. Yet rather than compare him to other ball dominant point forwards the media (namely ESPN) continues to compare him to guys like Jordan and Kobe who he plays nothing like.

Well if I ever saw a thread like that I would argue with the guy who posted it. LeBron does not have a very quick first step, and he is not terribly explosive off of two feet.

**** the sports media and **** ESPN. I don't watch that stuff anyway. Jordan and Kobe had the exact same body type... and LeBron is radically different from them both. That's why it's silly to compare the three as if they belong in some niche together... LeBron is honestly not very similar to any one particular basketball player ever. Based on body size/type I would want to compare him to Magic and Bird but his athleticism is so vastly superior to theirs that it's kind of wrong as well.

Anyway, I'm just arguing with the stupid title of "flawed athlete". That implies there is some kind of flawless athlete out there. It's just stupid.