PDA

View Full Version : i'l admit it. nobody wants to play with Kobe. but wouldn't that boost his legacy?

kennethgriffin
07-01-2014, 10:12 PM
A) kobe demands big money - no short cuts

B) kobe doesnt take sh*t from anyone. no joking. just business or get out

C) kobe drives away beta's and lazy players

D) kobe doesn't recruit. infact he says if you come here. i eat first.

E) kobes against colluding. says hes oldschool. thinks its absurd for anyone to try and pad another guys ring count

F) kobes known as a leader by example. and nobody wants to work as hard as him.

G) kobe likes a challenge. when another legend says he cant win without him. he says PEACE. GTFO and doesnt just win. he wins twice without him

so knowing all of this. wouldn't it make more sense to be even MORE in awe of his success.. his many championships and top 6-7 all time career

imagine if he sold out, ring chased, colluded, took pay cuts, recruited, took sh*t, made jokes... was happy go lucky and a easy go lucky man...

if he got 5 the hard way. i wouldn't even wanna begin to imagine how many titles he'd get selling out in every aspect of life

DetroitPistonFan
07-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Same thing with Jordan. Nobody wants to play with Jordan cause he's an asshole.

STATUTORY
alphas are intimidating, not even surprised most of the betas in the league aren't up for the challenge. They know Kobe would take their self respect, manhood, pride, and perhaps even more.

kennethgriffin
just look at this free agency. i can already sense that LA isnt gonna get anyone.

beta's everywhere

STATUTORY
07-01-2014, 10:15 PM
just look at this free agency. i can already sense that LA isnt gonna get anyone.

beta's everywhere

no one i really even want to be honest. don't want that stench of beta stinking up staples

Prometheus
07-01-2014, 10:16 PM

E) kobes against colluding. says hes oldschool. thinks its absurd for anyone to try and pad another guys ring count

G) kobe likes a challenge. when another legend says he cant win without him. he says PEACE. GTFO and doesnt just win. he wins twice without him

so knowing all of this. wouldn't it make more sense to be even MORE in awe of his success.. his many championships and top 6-7 all time career

imagine if he sold out, ring chased, colluded, took pay cuts, recruited, took sh*t, made jokes... was happy go lucky and a easy go lucky man...

if he got 5 the hard way. i wouldn't even wanna begin to imagine how many titles he'd get selling out in every aspect of life

I love Kobe and I hate his fans. You are so stupid.

kennethgriffin
07-01-2014, 10:19 PM
I love Kobe and I hate his fans. You are so stupid.

can't have a guy like kobe whos a cocky, no bullsh*t straight up sh*t talking alpha who calls it like it is...........without having fans of his being cocky, no bullsh*t straight up sh*t talking alphas who call it like it is

Akrazotile
07-01-2014, 10:19 PM
So wouldnt that make all the guys that dont want to play with him Alpha??

If they were beta theyd wanna play the sidekick role to him. All the leagues other alphas avoid him bc theres no point having two alphas on the team when the inferior one is gonna hog all the shots and cost them games.

Alpha players stay away from Kobe because they know theyll have more success as an alpha without him than with him.

FACT.

kennethgriffin
07-01-2014, 10:21 PM
So wouldnt that make all the guys that dont want to play with him Alpha??

If they were beta theyd wanna play the sidekick role to him. All the leavues other alphas avoid him bc theres no point having two alphas when the inferior player of the two is gonna hog all the shots.

Alpha players stay away from Kobe because they know theyll have more success as an alpha than he will.

ya.. except for theyre not going to their own situation and being like kobe. theyre just colluding, ring chasing, waggon riding, beta bonding with other colluding ring chasing waggon riding beta bonders

STATUTORY
07-01-2014, 10:23 PM
ya.. except for theyre not going to their own situation and being like kobe. theyre just colluding, ring chasing, waggon riding, beta bonding with other colluding ring chasing waggon riding beta bonders
betas bonding together to bring down alphas is the very foundation of modern religion and morality

see Freud or Nietzsche.

Prometheus
07-01-2014, 10:23 PM
he got 5 the hard way

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7081642_f260.jpg

lol seriously, just stop.

Prometheus
07-01-2014, 10:24 PM
The funniest thing about OP and this thread is that even though it seems like it's about Kobe... it's still about LeBron.

kennethgriffin
07-01-2014, 10:25 PM
http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7081642_f260.jpg

lol seriously, just stop.

so kobe wasnt tough on shaq and his other team mates? kobe wasnt demanding the ball and getting up more shots than shaq in 2001 and 2002 while averaging nearly the exact same output?

kobe wasnt alpha to the point where shaq ran?

kobe took a sh*t on him the minute he gained 50 pounds of fat and "healed on company time"

Im so nba'd out
07-01-2014, 10:27 PM
he averaged 15 points in the finals that ruined his legacy before it even started.You can't avg 15 while your teammate averages 40 and expect to be in the goat conversation

kennethgriffin
07-01-2014, 10:30 PM
he averaged 15 points in the finals that ruined his legacy before it even started.You can't avg 15 while your teammate averages 40 and expect to be in the goat conversation

but he averaged 21/5/5 in the playoffs and 23/5/5 in the regular season

and saved the WCF game 7 and nba finals game 4

his 1 game playing 2 minutes in the finals along with giving up an entire game of stats hurt his overall average

plus the finals werent even the most important series

kennethgriffin
07-01-2014, 10:32 PM
2000 is hardly a playoffs to base kobes 5 titles off of.. especially when his combined average for the next 4 titles was 28/6/5

but kobe did basically save the season in game 7 of the wcf. more than made up for only averaging 21ppg

Im so nba'd out
07-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Just being honest with you a lot of people will never put him in the goat conversation just off that. Its one thing to avg 15 its another thing for your teammate to avg 40 points it just looks really bad when your teammates scores that much :confusedshrug:.It looks like you got carried

Prometheus
07-01-2014, 10:36 PM
It's so annoying that I end up arguing with Kobe fans all the time even though he is one of my favorite players of all time. I have him in my all-time top ten. I enjoyed watching him throughout his career. I love his personality and the way he deals with interviews. He's blunt, witty, and sharp. His game was beautiful to watch, and he may be the most graceful players I've ever seen.

And he has the most obnoxious fans in all of sports. Such a shame.

Akrazotile
07-01-2014, 10:38 PM
History will be 'meh' about Kobe. Advanced stats will matter more and more in the future and people will always remember he was a sidekick for at least three, up to possibly five rings.

He'll be remembered as a knockoff mj without half the resume.

Im so nba'd out
07-01-2014, 10:39 PM
It's so annoying that I end up arguing with Kobe fans all the time even though he is one of my favorite players of all time. I have him in my all-time top ten. I enjoyed watching him throughout his career. I love his personality and the way he deals with interviews. He's blunt, witty, and sharp. His game was beautiful to watch, and he may be the most graceful players I've ever seen.

And he has the most obnoxious fans in all of sports. Such a shame.
This

Love him as a player but his fans are just too much they overhype him so much it makes you just see all his flaws even more

STATUTORY
07-01-2014, 10:40 PM
History will be 'meh' about Kobe. Advanced stats will matter more and more in the future and people will always remember he was a sidekick for at least three, up to possibly five rings.

narrative is cyclic, advanced stats guys will dominate the story up until a point than the backlash will occur

6 for 24
07-01-2014, 10:41 PM

You should help me put a stop to this by promoting the most important advanced stat of all: PER (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324201)

LoneyROY7
07-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Kobe doesn't like Canadians.

stalkerforlife
07-01-2014, 10:45 PM
You can't slack playing with Kobe, he'll embarrass you in front of everyone. Remember what he did to SHAQ? Shaq slacked and thought he could get away with it, but a very young Kobe let him know about it and embarrassed him in front of the world.

Kobe DEMANDS intensity and perfection and if he doesn't get it, players know he will attack them. That's why they're afraid to play with him. Howard couldn't hack it at all. Nash is so emasculated, he is throwing a hissy fit and robbing the Lakers as we speak.

hawksdogsbraves
07-01-2014, 10:45 PM
People DID want to play with him back when he was good. It's just that nobody wants to play with old broken-down overpaid Kobe.

kennethgriffin
07-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Just being honest with you a lot of people will never put him in the goat conversation just off that. Its one thing to avg 15 its another thing for your teammate to avg 40 points it just looks really bad when your teammates scores that much :confusedshrug:.It looks like you got carried

russell, and kareem are in the goat conversation and they both averaged 15 in one or more of their finals and had team mates averaging way more

even wilt averaged 15 and had jerry west averaging way more for his only laker title.

bird lost one of his fmvps to cedric maxwell

so in the end... it is possible to be in the conversation and have 1 finals where you were werent great

its about total careers

kennethgriffin
07-01-2014, 10:48 PM
People DID want to play with him back when he was good. It's just that nobody wants to play with old broken-down overpaid Kobe.

gonna laugh at this comment when kobes averaging 25/5/5 this season on good percentages

kennethgriffin
07-01-2014, 10:52 PM

you never leave the house do you? public opinion has kobe right there with jordan

:lol

Prometheus
07-01-2014, 10:54 PM
you never leave the house do you? public opinion has kobe right there with jordan

:lol

Nah, public opinion has him in the top ten as a poor man's MJ, right where he belongs. Your opinion =/= public opinion.

kennethgriffin
07-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Nah, public opinion has him in the top ten as a poor man's MJ, right where he belongs. Your opinion =/= public opinion.

top 10? LMFAO

thats where hes ranked on insanely hate filled message boards

think again

majority public opinion has it

#1 jordan
#2 magic/bird/Kobe ( interchangeable )

and big men take a major hit. theyre not as respected at all

hawksdogsbraves
07-01-2014, 11:48 PM
gonna laugh at this comment when kobes averaging 25/5/5 this season on good percentages

Well I'm gonna laugh when the Lakers finish 10 games out of the playoffs because nobody wanted to come play with Kobe

Beastmode88
07-01-2014, 11:49 PM

beta's everywhere

guess kobe will be ringless this season. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Beastmode88
07-01-2014, 11:50 PM
top 10? LMFAO

think again

#1 jordan

who the fcuk would put kobe in the top 2...? :biggums:

KG215
07-02-2014, 12:15 AM
top 10? LMFAO

think again

#1 jordan

Since you claim it's majority public opinion, you should have no problem proving it then.

I'll wait.

kennethgriffin
07-02-2014, 12:42 AM
Since you claim it's majority public opinion, you should have no problem proving it then.

I'll wait.

ever been to china?

KG215
07-02-2014, 02:49 AM
ever been to china?
:facepalm

Well, close. I mean you did at least correctly quote my post and respond. Still didn't even come close to doing what I asked, but I shouldn't expect that much from you.

casual_fan
07-02-2014, 06:19 AM
You can't slack playing with Kobe, he'll embarrass you in front of everyone. Remember what he did to SHAQ? Shaq slacked and thought he could get away with it, but a very young Kobe let him know about it and embarrassed him in front of the world.

Kobe DEMANDS intensity and perfection and if he doesn't get it, players know he will attack them. That's why they're afraid to play with him. Howard couldn't hack it at all. Nash is so emasculated, he is throwing a hissy fit and robbing the Lakers as we speak.

By snitching to the police ? Also who is Kobe to talk about shaq slacking ? :biggums:
Kobe has been a lazy defender for most of his career and has always sucked at team defense.

BoutPractice
07-02-2014, 06:26 AM
No one picked up on this hilarious unintentional admission yet?

kobe wasnt demanding the ball and getting up more shots than shaq in 2001 and 2002 while averaging nearly the exact same output?

NZStreetBaller
07-02-2014, 06:40 AM
I personally love the way that Kobe would rather prove himself great by playing his ass off regardless of his team mates.

Alot of people always say that Kobe was stupid and had he recruited/stacked his team etc he would've won more titles but didnt.

But thats just it....... When you look at his legacy it had so much more potential then some of the other greats. He won 3 titles before his peak and two after his peak. If he had a great team in his peak. the GOAT conversations would be ALOT different.

Certain other players who in their prime had all the help and no excuses on the other hand dont have that extra potential in their overall legacy.

Sorry about the spelling Im having a beer lol

6 for 24
07-02-2014, 07:04 AM
No one picked up on this hilarious unintentional admission yet?

Ah, but you are assuming that shots missed is a bad thing!

Kobe assists, my friend. Kobe assists.
http://static.dyp.im/pZCZR9z1er/ccbef0519b9862d76e83c958bca5396e.gif

http://static.dyp.im/xY4k1WQz1a/d783692bbe45f7c671b170073ec30652.gif

http://static.dyp.im/PBW1Lsu6GC/a4808dc80bde480ad1a7589ac7b8b301.gif

"The only way to make the shot is to take the shot" --Kobe Bryant

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Ass Dan
07-02-2014, 07:08 AM

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhh!

a shit teammate in a team sport.

NAIL IT!

SexSymbol
07-02-2014, 07:14 AM
How did you come to the conclusion that nobody wants to play with Kobe?
I saw CP3 being in the lakers roster, egomaniac shaq was with Kobe for like 8 years, nick young took a paycut to be with the Lakers and he said Kobe was a huge reason.
Phil Jackson came back even after talking shit about Kobe in his book.
It's more like everybody wants to play with kobe

SexSymbol
07-02-2014, 07:24 AM
Ah, but you are assuming that shots missed is a bad thing!

Kobe assists, my friend. Kobe assists.
http://static.dyp.im/pZCZR9z1er/ccbef0519b9862d76e83c958bca5396e.gif

http://static.dyp.im/xY4k1WQz1a/d783692bbe45f7c671b170073ec30652.gif

http://static.dyp.im/PBW1Lsu6GC/a4808dc80bde480ad1a7589ac7b8b301.gif

"The only way to make the shot is to take the shot" --Kobe Bryant

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
cringe-worthy

dreamwarrior
07-02-2014, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't want to play with a guy who doesn't eat with the team and keeps to himself on the bus either. If he were more friendly, yeah, I'd play with him

Roundball_Rock
07-02-2014, 12:36 PM

He is trying to recruit Carmelo...

Kobe did not get along with Shaq and later Howard. That is not something to be celebrated. That cost the team future success. You don't let the best center in the game leave due to personality clashes once let alone twice.

GimmeThat
07-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Does Nash drive a $6,000 rental eletric car?

very very bad at driving players out of town apparently.