PDA

View Full Version : Explain to me why Melo should chose Chicago?

Nash
07-01-2014, 10:55 PM
I don't get it, why should he chose Chicago over NY or Houston? People say The Bulls are contenders but how is that?

- Rose is injury prone and not reliable at all, especially for a guy like Melo who wants to compete the rest of the way until he retires. I have a very hard time believing Rose will be back to what he once was. The man didn't even look like his old self last season before the latest injury.

- Noah is good energy guy and good defender but not exactly top tier 2 way player. And if Rose is out, Melo can't count on a defensive guy to be his 2nd option.

To me, Melo in Chicago will just be another version of the Knicks. An injury prone star in Rose (Amare) and a defensive center in Noah(Chandler). He would have to still have to carry the offense on his back just like he did with the Knicks.

Houston is a much better situation, Howard and Harden are worth playing with.

stalkerforlife
07-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Two reasons...

Noah

Thibs

Thibs is a brilliant man and the team defense being elite is virtually guaranteed.

CHi1PriDe
07-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Another thread?! Houston doesn't need more offense since they're ranked 1 or 2, they need defense which melo isn't really good at. Dwight was already complaining that he doesn't get enough touches, what would happen if Melo joins :facepalm

stalkerforlife
07-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Also, maybe Melo doesn't want to take the easy way out by going to Houston. That team would be ridiculously stacked and anything less than a title is failure.

Droid101
07-01-2014, 11:01 PM
4 seed with ZERO scoring options.

Add two really good ones (Rose/Melo) and that is probably the best in the East.

Are you crazy?

SpecialQue
07-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Someone is shitting in their pants that the Heat might actually have some competition in the east.

Milbuck
07-01-2014, 11:04 PM
:facepalm All these "Melo to Chicago makes no sense" threads are bringing in a new level of stupidity. And ****ing LOL at the Houston/Harden part.

D-Rose
07-01-2014, 11:05 PM

Are you crazy?
This.

Have you seen Thibs coach this team the last two years? Add one of the best scorers in the league AND a former MVP in Rose and they're instant contenders. Seriously, they have all the elements.

Rose/Jimmy/Melo/Taj/Noah

^that's ECF at least

SpecialQue
07-01-2014, 11:09 PM
:facepalm All these "Melo to Chicago makes no sense" threads are bringing in a new level of stupidity. And ****ing LOL at the Houston/Harden part.

This shit is even dumber than that "should the NBA play games on grass?" thread.

SamuraiSWISH
07-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Are you crazy?
Dude, it's pauk. Goes without saying.

Dengness9
07-01-2014, 11:16 PM
I was going to add to the ether when I saw the thread title but then came into see every post after the OP was spot on ether.

:applause:

I will anyway!

You realize the West is an absolute shit storm? I mean the Spurs went to 7 games in the 1st round for christ's sake. Spurs are back next year, OKC and Clippers are scary good, Warriors, Blazers, Mavs, Grizz???

Are you out of your mind?

CMON MAN!

Black and White
07-01-2014, 11:18 PM
I don't get it, why should he chose Chicago over NY or Houston? People say The Bulls are contenders but how is that?

- Rose is injury prone and not reliable at all, especially for a guy like Melo who wants to compete the rest of the way until he retires. I have a very hard time believing Rose will be back to what he once was. The man didn't even look like his old self last season before the latest injury.

- Noah is good energy guy and good defender but not exactly top tier 2 way player. And if Rose is out, Melo can't count on a defensive guy to be his 2nd option.

To me, Melo in Chicago will just be another version of the Knicks. An injury prone star in Rose (Amare) and a defensive center in Noah(Chandler). He would have to still have to carry the offense on his back just like he did with the Knicks.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Smook A.
07-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Bulls only problem is offense

Melo = Elite offensive player

Chicago + Melo = Perfect match

Fiddlesticks
07-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Melo doesn't have to play defense because Jimmy Butler will guard the other teams best Wing and Noah or Gibson will guard the best big men. As a result Melo can always guard the other team's worst offensive player.

Dengness9
07-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Bulls only problem is offense

Melo = Elite offensive player

Chicago + Melo = Perfect match

From a Bulls fan to a Rockets fan, I always say Chicago is a better option just based on the Western Conference. The competition is so thick its truly a conference thriving with contending teams.

I love what Morey has done down there. I dont necessarily think Houston is a good fit for Melo, but I never rule out elite talent playing together, they usually find a way.

But you said it. Bulls need Melo, and Bulls supply Melo right back w/ what he needs. A team playing together and top 2-3 defense.

Smook A.
07-01-2014, 11:26 PM
From a Bulls fan to a Rockets fan, I always say Chicago is a better option just based on the Western Conference. The competition is so thick its truly a conference thriving with contending teams.

I love what Morey has done down there. I dont necessarily think Houston is a good fit for Melo, but I never rule out elite talent playing together, they usually find a way.

But you said it. Bulls need Melo, and Bulls supply Melo right back w/ what he needs. A team playing together and top 2-3 defense.
Yup that's why I say Melo and Chicago are a perfect fit. He has the best chance to win a title there especially since the Bulls are in the East. Won't be surprised at all if I see the Bulls in the finals next year when they get Carmelo

TheReal Kendall
07-01-2014, 11:29 PM
This shit is even dumber than that "should the NBA play games on grass?" thread.

:biggums: :facepalm

Droid101
07-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Three of the same exact threads on the front page asking why Melo should choose Chicago.

branstans melting down left and right.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345059

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345050

:facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
07-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Umm it's very simple. Because we were a number 4 seed with just team defense alone. You throw in a Derrick Rose that is even 75% of what he used to be, along with Melo's volume scoring capabilities? And they're immediately the second best team in the conference at worst, supplanting the Pacers.

WeGetRing2012
07-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Umm it's very simple. Because we were a number 4 seed with just team defense alone. You throw in a Derrick Rose that is even 75% of what he used to be, along with Melo's volume scoring capabilities? And they're immediately the second best team in the conference at worst, supplanting the Pacers.

But Melo wants to win rings. So all of that doesnt matter

SamuraiSWISH
07-01-2014, 11:48 PM
But Melo wants to win rings. So all of that doesnt matter
That team if healthy can beat ANYONE in the conference. Thus competing for championship rings. Thibs team defense wouldn't have got annihilated like Miami in these Finals. That's for sure.

Legends66NBA7
07-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Tiers would be restored to what I think most agree upon (if Melo was on the Bulls):

Tier 1

Miami (figuring if the Big 3 stuck around)

Tier 2

Chicago
Indiana

Tier 3

Washington
Brooklyn
Toronto
Atlanta
Charlotte

Tier 4

Cleveland
Boston

Tier 5

New York
Orlando
Philadelphia
Milwaukee

Le Shaqtus
07-02-2014, 12:03 AM

:biggums:

Nash
07-02-2014, 09:40 AM
still makes no sense to me, there are better options out there. Chicago just can't offer the right players. Rose is injury prone and Noah is not a star, good defender but not a star.

Is this honestly what you guys want him to leave millions for? The hope of playing with unreliable Rose and Noah?

I say stay with the Knicks. Take the max, don't leave shit on the table. Wait a year when there is cap space and then get yourself some good teammates. Pretty sure players will flock to the Knicks when free agency arrives.

-Lebron23-
07-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Don't kid youself OP, if the Bulls get Melo you will run to ISH to create a 'Bulls: most stacked team of all-time' thread.

I smell fear in you. Mommy didn't change your diapers today?

Real Men Wear Green
07-02-2014, 09:50 AM
still makes no sense to me, there are better options out there. Chicago just can't offer the right players. Rose is injury prone and Noah is not a star, good defender but not a star.

Is this honestly what you guys want him to leave millions for? The hope of playing with unreliable Rose and Noah?

I say stay with the Knicks. Take the max, don't leave shit on the table. Wait a year when there is cap space and then get yourself some good teammates. Pretty sure players will flock to the Knicks when free agency arrives.
Houston could be a better location from the standpoint of playing with other stars. New York can only offer more money. If Melo wants to win a ring while still in his prime staying there makes no sense.

chocolatethunder
07-02-2014, 09:53 AM

Not sure if you watched last basketball season but they were a four seed without Rose. Adding Melo even if Rose isn't there probably gets them to the ECF. The east is so weak it's pathetic. Miami is on the decline regardless of who they sign and the Pacers are a mess with and without Lance. Washington is on the rise but adding Melo without Rose automatically puts them in the conversation for one of the best teams in the east. Please tell me what superstars the Spurs have now? None just a good team and a great coach. Similar to Detroit when they won. The Bulls are a very good team and have an excellent coach. This is the best fit for both sides for any free agent out there. It's a no brainer.

I am a Melo hater too but I can admit this would be best for him and he would do great there.

Jailblazers7
07-02-2014, 09:54 AM
I think the fit is really good offensively too. They have good passing bigs who can help collapse the defense. Rose should command attention and is a perfect drive and kick guy for a shooter like Melo. Spacing is a bit of an issue but you have good cutter and their PFs can hit midrange jumpers. They can easily go with Melo as a small ball 4 to get another shooter on the floor.

I think Melo's life becomes a lot easier on the floor and he gets to play on a contender. The fit would be awkward in Houston. Dallas window is closed on contending for the most part and there is too much pressure to win immediately with Dirk's aging. Lakers and Knicks are 2-3 years from contending if things go well.

roffie
07-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Melo doesn't have to play defense because Jimmy Butler will guard the other teams best Wing and Noah or Gibson will guard the best big men. As a result Melo can always guard the other team's worst offensive player.

ding ding ding

this.

beastee
07-02-2014, 11:48 AM
The reasons are so simple for Melo:
Beat Lebron at least once in your career and win a championship and you are in talks for being a top 40 All time player. Beat him twice and you are a top 20 player without hesitation.

The system in Chicago is set up for this perfectly. Derrick Rose will be at least 90% of what he was, and Melo will still be the main scoring threat (In Houston no way is Harden giving that up).

Roundball_Rock
07-02-2014, 11:55 AM

Exactly.

Rose/Jimmy/Melo/Taj/Noah

^that's ECF at least

Yup--and probably better than the Heat...

You realize the West is an absolute shit storm? I mean the Spurs went to 7 games in the 1st round for christ's sake. Spurs are back next year, OKC and Clippers are scary good, Warriors, Blazers, Mavs, Grizz???

There also are potential chemistry issues in Houston, especially with Harden. The Bulls desperately need Carmelo's skill set. Even when Rose played the Bulls often would have stretches where they could not buy a field goal.

el gringos
07-02-2014, 12:05 PM
. The Bulls desperately need Carmelo's skill set
So many people are mistaking the bulls need for Carmelo w Carmelo needing the bulls. The bulls roster and ownership are a terrible fit for carmelo.

Le Shaqtus
07-02-2014, 12:07 PM
So many people are mistaking the bulls need for Carmelo w Carmelo needing the bulls. The bulls roster and ownership are a terrible fit for carmelo.

This Bulls roster is better for Carmelo than the Knicks roster no matter what way you look at it.

Chicago Brawls
07-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Because he will sell a shit load of Jordan shoes in Chicago.

Rameek
07-02-2014, 12:14 PM
This Bulls roster is better for Carmelo than the Knicks roster no matter what way you look at it.
that roster wont look good if they have to dump more salaries get to max money. Having an owner that is allergic to luxury tax.

Rameek
07-02-2014, 12:46 PM
If you think a S & T is happening then prepare to lose Butler Taj McBuckets :lol .

Dagouch
07-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Agree. Phil ain't taking anything back. I want Melo to stay in NY but if he leaves NY will still go on.

Kinda ironic that the team gutted itself to get him and how this whole deal with Chicago is unfolding.

97 bulls
07-02-2014, 02:02 PM
that roster wont look good if they have to dump more salaries get to max money. Having an owner that is allergic to luxury tax.
I believe all they have to dunp is Boozer and Dunleavy. And McDermott can take Dunleavys spot.

I just don't see a downside. Even without Rose thus team would be formidable.

D-Rose
07-02-2014, 02:07 PM
The Bulls do NOT plan on S&T Taj away in a deal. That's why he was at the meeting/dinner with Melo.

Bulls can amnesty Boozer, and make Dunleavy disappear with a draft pick. *poof* I mean what if the Bulls say, hey NY here's 2 more 2nd rounders and Mike Dunleavy? Could happen. More likely they dump him to a team with cap space and attach pick(s).

Rameek
07-02-2014, 02:25 PM
The Bulls do NOT plan on S&T Taj away in a deal. That's why he was at the meeting/dinner with Melo.

Bulls can amnesty Boozer, and make Dunleavy disappear with a draft pick. *poof* I mean what if the Bulls say, hey NY here's 2 more 2nd rounders and Mike Dunleavy? Could happen. More likely they dump him to a team with cap space and attach pick(s).
Still will be short the 20 mill and not reach his max number. The only team capable of paying Melo max money is Dallas and NY.

Rocketswin2013
07-02-2014, 02:34 PM
4th seed. In a weak-as-shit conference.

Milbuck
07-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Still will be short the 20 mill and not reach his max number. The only team capable of paying Melo max money is Dallas and NY.
I guess it's a good thing that Melo himself has stated repeatedly that he is willing to take less money to be on a winning team, right? And that just yesterday he said that if he came to Chicago he wanted Taj on the team and would take less money to do it.

Milbuck
07-02-2014, 02:39 PM
:biggums:

dunksby
07-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Chicago's defense will cover his defensive deficiencies well so he can chill on defense while going all out on offense. Chicago is a good fit for him.

Rameek
07-02-2014, 02:44 PM
I guess it's a good thing that Melo himself has stated repeatedly that he is willing to take less money to be on a winning team, right? And that just yesterday he said that if he came to Chicago he wanted Taj on the team and would take less money to do it.
Less money what magic number is he supposed to play for 16 mill? wtf is wrong with fans these days. if you believe this you must play on the short bus.

If you asked Wade, Bosh, LBJ to play for that kind of money to stay together is one thing(4 finals 2 rings together). To have Duncan 1 team for 20 years play for that money 5 titles 3000 years old, even Dirk 1 Championship 1 team for 20 years 3000 years old...

You are telling me a dude in his prime with no allegiance to a city, uproot his family and come play for 16 or 17 mill for these teams is a pipe dream. And it guarantees nothing...

Nash
07-02-2014, 02:45 PM
still think the promise of Rose and Noah is not enough for Melo to leave all of those millions in New York.

Milbuck
07-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Less money what magic number is he supposed to play for 16 mill? wtf is wrong with fans these days. if you believe this you must play on the short bus.

If you asked Wade, Bosh, LBJ to play for that kind of money to stay together is one thing(4 finals 2 rings together). To have Duncan 1 team for 20 years play for that money 5 titles 3000 years old, even Dirk 1 Championship 1 team for 20 years...

You are telling me a dude in his prime with no allegiance to a city, uproot his family and come play for 16 or 17 mill for these teams is a pipe dream.
The only pipe dream is people like you clinging to the hope that Melo is going to choose money he doesn't need over having a chance to dominate his conference and contend consistently. The Miami comparison makes absolutely no sense considering that these guys could be just as good. Miami had the big 3, and then 60 feet of shit below them. Chicago would have the core of Rose/Noah/Melo, to add to Jimmy Butler, Taj Gibson, etc. and a top 3 coach in the NBA/defensive genius.

I don't understand how people can be this clueless. First of all, the 15-16 mil figure is close to the lowest Chicago would offer him, in the case that Melo is willing to take it in order to keep as many existing Bulls pieces there. And according to all sources from yesterday's meeting, Melo has clearly stated that he'd be willing to take less to keep important pieces on the team - namely Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson.

****ing LOL at 17 million being a pipe dream. The guy has stated he could retire this second and be fine, and now he's going to scoff at 17 million on the absolute best possible situation for his basketball career and legacy?

If Phil and Dolan are retarded enough to give Melo 130/5, Melo may very well take it. But to suggest that any other scenario aside from him staying on the Knicks is a "pipe dream" is a blatant deflection of all facts and reports that have come out on this whole situation.

Rameek
07-02-2014, 03:21 PM
The reality is he isnt going to take that much of discount unless its Miami. He is going to take a chance on Rose being healthy and Noah who has a history of not playing a full season either....

Its a pipe dream to think he's going to take that much of a discount, uproot and piss off his family to chase a ring with 2 injury prone players. In a city that he isnt even invested in.

Dolan would probably give him the max but Zen isnt.

Like I said there are only 2 teams that can give him 20 mill thats NY and Dallas and thats probably what its going to take at minimum.

Milbuck
07-02-2014, 03:31 PM
The reality is he isnt going to take that much of discount unless its Miami. He is going to take a chance on Rose being healthy and Noah who has a history of not playing a full season either....

Its a pipe dream to think he's going to take that much of a discount, uproot and piss off his family to chase a ring with 2 injury prone players. In a city that he isnt even invested in.

Dolan would probably give him the max but Zen isnt.

Like I said there are only 2 teams that can give him 20 mill thats NY and Dallas and thats probably what its going to take at minimum.
You're just recycling the same thing you've been posting consistently, saying the same thing repeatedly in different ways does not make it true. All of your reasoning is inconsistent with reports regarding the situation, and is based on pure gut feeling.

niko
07-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Phil said if it takes max that is "not a problem". He then talked about the cap going up for anyone who wants to willingly misinterpret it. Phil will give max if needed, which makes Chicago offer much less, as much as $45/$50 less. That's enormous. Chicago needs us to help them take Melo. Good luck with that.

niko
07-02-2014, 04:16 PM
You're just recycling the same thing you've been posting consistently, saying the same thing repeatedly in different ways does not make it true. All of your reasoning is inconsistent with reports regarding the situation, and is based on pure gut feeling.
Chicago would need to start selling off assets cheap to approach that much space. He's not wrong.

Dengness9
07-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Phil said if it takes max that is "not a problem". He then talked about the cap going up for anyone who wants to willingly misinterpret it. Phil will give max if needed, which makes Chicago offer much less, as much as $45/$50 less. That's enormous. Chicago needs us to help them take Melo. Good luck with that.

The Bulls have a plethora of assets and young players on affordable contracts that the Knicks, especially Phil trying to clean up that mess of a franchise, would love to have if Melo leaves.

It wont take luck. It takes Melo choosing Chicago. If that happens, then the Knicks will be smart to get something, whether it be future 1sts and the rights to Mirotic etc.

Dengness9
07-02-2014, 04:38 PM
The only pipe dream is people like you clinging to the hope that Melo is going to choose money he doesn't need over having a chance to dominate his conference and contend consistently. The Miami comparison makes absolutely no sense considering that these guys could be just as good. Miami had the big 3, and then 60 feet of shit below them. Chicago would have the core of Rose/Noah/Melo, to add to Jimmy Butler, Taj Gibson, etc. and a top 3 coach in the NBA/defensive genius.

I don't understand how people can be this clueless. First of all, the 15-16 mil figure is close to the lowest Chicago would offer him, in the case that Melo is willing to take it in order to keep as many existing Bulls pieces there. And according to all sources from yesterday's meeting, Melo has clearly stated that he'd be willing to take less to keep important pieces on the team - namely Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson.

****ing LOL at 17 million being a pipe dream. The guy has stated he could retire this second and be fine, and now he's going to scoff at 17 million on the absolute best possible situation for his basketball career and legacy?

If Phil and Dolan are retarded enough to give Melo 130/5, Melo may very well take it. But to suggest that any other scenario aside from him staying on the Knicks is a "pipe dream" is a blatant deflection of all facts and reports that have come out on this whole situation.

Thank you. Great post.

Dengness9
07-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Chicago would need to start selling off assets cheap to approach that much space. He's not wrong.

For all anybody knows, the Bulls could have a 3rd team ready for a 3 way S&T or a team to dump Booz on for a year w/ the exception they get an extra 1st or 2 back w/ him.

Bulls also have 3 players non guaranteed for next season whose contracts equal up to an extra 4 million for some teams cap.

Sure Melo could take the max, but then that completely goes against everything he has said pertaining to free agency.

This will continue to boil down to where Melo chooses guys. If he wants to be a Bull, they will have their core intact for the most part if not completely. Windhorst, Broussard, and Penn even talked about how if the Bulls pull off a sign and trade, or even a trade moving Booz and not amnesting him, the Bulls will have the MLE and BAE to go afer more rotation players.

If he can't leave NYC for whatever reasons, and takes the max, he'll have more money than ever but will kill the Knicks flexibility. Or at least the flexibility Phil has in mind.

Dengness9
07-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Niko, i fully understand the Bulls cap situation. We both are in agreement the Bulls have to do things to get Melo here for the right money and the core still in tact.

Dumping Booz wont be as hard as ppl make it out to be.

Remember when GS traded away Rjeff(11Mil) Biedrins(9mil) and Rush(4mil) to sign Andre Iggy?

Those guys were even more overpayed than Booz by far and aren't really even functioning NBA players.

Bulls are definitely in contact with bottom feeder teams like Orl, Philly, maybe even Jazz for a 1 year Booz reunion! lol

Dengness9
07-02-2014, 04:51 PM
still think the promise of Rose and Noah is not enough for Melo to leave all of those millions in New York.

Its just not the "promise" of Rose and Noah. You can't leave out Thibs who as big a factor as any here. And throw on the possibility of having other core players like Taj whos a beast and Jimmy 2nd team D Butler, rookie McDermott, maybe adding DJ/Hinrich back to the mix. Possibility of brining over Mirotic now or in a year.

Theres a lot to it.

Roundball_Rock
07-02-2014, 05:10 PM

Rose is just icing on the cake, if Rose returns to form or close to it. If Rose becomes a run-of-the-mill 14/6 PG the Bulls with Carmelo are still a contender. This is a team that is a 45-50 win team even without Rose. If you add Carmelo and even a 50% Rose the Bulls join the Heat and Pacers at the top of the East. If Rose is anything close to his old self the Bulls with Carmelo are the favorite in the East.

Its just not the "promise" of Rose and Noah. You can't leave out Thibs who as big a factor as any here. And throw on the possibility of having other core players like Taj whos a beast and Jimmy 2nd team D Butler, rookie McDermott, maybe adding DJ/Hinrich back to the mix. Possibility of brining over Mirotic now or in a year.

Theres a lot to it.

Exactly. Compare that to what the Knicks had to offer...NY's only case is more money and not having to move. If he signs with NY he has to know he will never win a ring as a major contributor (maybe he would win at 36 as a role player somewhere a la Payton and Zo') and would be forgotten. He is already 30 and the Knicks are not going to be contending anytime soon. If he goes to the Bulls he has a chance to be remembered as a great player if he wins a title with them.

niko
07-02-2014, 06:17 PM
It's already leaking the offer was shitty and the bulls are hard pressing on other guys. You're team isn't willing to take the huge hit required to pay Melo and the knicks aren't bending over for you to make it happen.

The JKidd Kid
07-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Because Noah by himself is better than the entire Knicks roster at this point.

-Lebron23-
07-02-2014, 06:28 PM
It's already leaking the offer was shitty and the bulls are hard pressing on other guys. You're team isn't willing to take the huge hit required to pay Melo and the knicks aren't bending over for you to make it happen.
You seem upset. Insecure maybe?

dontgetchoked
07-02-2014, 07:02 PM
You seem upset. Insecure maybe?
Knicks fans don't want to lose Melo, and they act like chi just wants them to give him to us... its a trade u can have picks and maybe even mirotic but they want more. Fine don't sign and trade him, let him walk for nothing. What can the Knicks get that's better than what the bulls have to offer?

Rameek
07-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Knicks fans don't want to lose Melo, and they act like chi just wants them to give him to us... its a trade u can have picks and maybe even mirotic but they want more. Fine don't sign and trade him, let him walk for nothing. What can the Knicks get that's better than what the bulls have to offer?
Chi fans will be massively but hurt if he doesnt go there.

Zen will not give him away to help the other team. He will go for the throat if not we'll take the cap space and move on.

-Lebron23-
07-02-2014, 07:18 PM
I just find it funny that Knicks fans act like they are on the driver's seat on this situation at all. The only reasons why Melo hasn't ruled out re-signing there are money and lifestyle, hardly merits of a franchise that fvcks up consistently yet keeps its fans thinking there is something special to it thanks to the cocoon that stupid NY media creates.

When the only reason a player of his caliber wants to stay with you is money, it might be time to let go

-Lebron23-
07-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Chi fans will be massively but hurt if he doesnt go there.

Zen will not give him away to help the other team. He will go for the throat if not we'll take the cap space and move on.
He is not giving Melo away because Melo is an unrestricted free agent, meaning he can go where he wants. Can you understand that? Knicks can pay him more than anybody else, that's it.

If Melo says he's leaving, you know damn well Phil will try to get something in return. NBA basketball is a business, there's no place for feelings and Phil has the responsibility to do the best for his team.

Hey Yo
07-02-2014, 07:27 PM
No chance that both those players are still on the team come opening night if Melo is on the roster.

smoovegittar
07-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Not all Knick fans. You would be suprised at the percentage that want him out of town.

Rameek
07-02-2014, 07:42 PM
He is not giving Melo away because Melo is an unrestricted free agent, meaning he can go where he wants. Can you understand that? Knicks can pay him more than anybody else, that's it.

If Melo says he's leaving, you know damn well Phil will try to get something in return. NBA basketball is a business, there's no place for feelings and Phil has the responsibility to do the best for his team.
Have read anything anyone wrote? You coming in stating the obvious means you should go away.

We will not help him get his money and stay in the East. I dont know for a fact but Zen isnt an idiot. Take the 17 mill and go away. Would i rather get something sure somewhat but i dont want him to benefit from my teams loss.

The only great thing we get would be from luxury tax hell. Thats a fresh and good start.

-Lebron23-
07-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Have read anything anyone wrote? You coming in stating the obvious means you should go away.

We will not help him get his money and stay in the East. I dont know for a fact but Zen isnt an idiot. Take the 17 mill and go away. Would i rather get something sure somewhat but i dont want him to benefit from my teams loss.

The only great thing we get would be from luxury tax hell. Thats a fresh and good start.
You're so butthurt you can't even make sense.

It won't matter to you where Melo goes because as soon as he leaves the Knicks are rebuilding and should be looking to get as many assets as possible.

Of course fans like you will be so butthurt that would prefer to renounce those assets just to see Melo fail. Unfortunately for you that's not how decision making at senior management levels work. If Cleveland agreed to S&T Lebron back in 2010, I bet you NY would agree to do the same for Melo now.

Hey Yo
07-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Not all Knick fans. You would be suprised at the percentage that want him out of town.
no way he'll be worth what he'll be making in the 3rd, 4th and 5th year of a max deal.

He's done a lot of banging down low in recent years and has had some shoulder issues.

D-Rose
07-02-2014, 07:55 PM
I'm pretty sure it's going to be extremely close because Boozer is about 17 mill and Dunleavy is 3 mill. They can still get rid of Randolph's contract too. There's plenty of cap flexibility.

The thing that is still up in the air is if Reinsdorf is willing to pay to amnesty Boozer and then sign Melo. I think he will considering how the meeting went. We'll see.

Do you have a source for this?

-Lebron23-
07-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Do you have a source for this?
Yeah, Kenny Anderson's twitter :oldlol: . Apparently his ramblings are a reliable source now

D-Rose
07-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Yeah, Kenny Anderson's twitter :oldlol: . Apparently his ramblings are a reliable source now
Yeah, I haven't seen anything about that.

Stein just tweeted:

‏@ESPNSteinLine 52s
Pau Gasol Addendum No. 1: Sources say Bulls' rising interest in Pau IS indeed reflection of concern they can't convince Melo to leave NYK

I really think it's down to NYK/CHI for Melo. West teams are just not worth it. Gasol would be awesome on the Bulls. I bet they can convince LA to take back Boozer in a S&T by adding a draft pick with him. Reinsdorf would like to save the dough lol.

-Lebron23-
07-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I haven't seen anything about that.

Stein just tweeted:

I really think it's down to NYK/CHI for Melo. West teams are just not worth it. Gasol would be awesome on the Bulls. I bet they can convince LA to take back Boozer in a S&T by adding a draft pick with him. Reinsdorf would like to save the dough lol.
Yes, the Pau Gasol scenario makes more sense for everyone involved and the one I eventually see happening.

D-Rose
07-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Safe to cross Dallas off the list me thinks

@ESPNSteinLine 17m
Getting word now that the Mavericks' meeting with Carmelo Anthony in Dallas has ended after two-plus hours ... after six hours in Houston

@ESPNSteinLine 14m
Mavs, I'm told, determined to run out ground ball on Melo til the end but plan to move quickly onto Chandler Parsons & Luol Deng if snubbed

CHi1PriDe
07-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Honestly, it wouldn't really bother me if Melo doesn't come. I wouldn't mind bringing lance for like 10mil or cheaper.

Rose/ vet min
Lance/smell
Butler/McBuckets
Taj/Mirotic
Noah/Bairstow/Smith

That's a pretty athletic group with a lot more scoring options than last year and plus we don't have to sacrifice our picks :rockon:

Lebronxrings
07-02-2014, 09:48 PM
bulls have no offense and melo has no d. Add it together and what do you get?

MellowYellow
07-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Honestly, it wouldn't really bother me if Melo doesn't come. I wouldn't mind bringing lance for like 10mil or cheaper.

Rose/ vet min
Lance/smell
Butler/McBuckets
Taj/Mirotic
Noah/Bairstow/Smith

That's a pretty athletic group with a lot more scoring options than last year and plus we don't have to sacrifice our picks :rockon:

If you don't mind a 2nd round exit, ya that's legit. But who is your insurance in case Rose gets injured again/ can't play all the games, surely you don't want a vet min guy there. Also there is no way that Jerry is gonna amnesty Boozer to get freakin Lance Stephenson.

CHi1PriDe
07-02-2014, 10:04 PM
If you don't mind a 2nd round exit, ya that's legit. But who is your insurance in case Rose gets injured again/ can't play all the games, surely you don't want a vet min guy there. Also there is no way that Jerry is gonna amnesty Boozer to get freakin Lance Stephenson.

We still have DJ/Kirk and fredette lol. Our go to scorer last year in the playoffs was DJ and Taj will only get better playing more consistent minutes. From what I've heard, boozers gone no matter what :applause:

Lance is led the league in triple doubles last year and non sense attitude won't fly with thibs :no:

Meticode
07-02-2014, 10:05 PM
East

/thread

Upgrayedd
07-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Seriously? 'Melo on the Bulls is the absolute best fit for him and the Bulls.

C: Noah
PF: Taj
SF: 'Melo
SG: Butler
PG: Rose

There's not one weakness in that lineup.

magic14
07-03-2014, 01:48 AM
I like the Mavericks as a better fit for Melo. Dallas would be the favorite for the best offense in the league with him, and Carlisle could probably manage a passable defense with Tyson Chandler back. I think Melo would instantly boost the Bulls to a top 15 offense but I'm kind of worried about the complete lack of shooters to push it to the top 5 or 10. With Dunleavy and Augustin probably leaving, Doug McDermott would probably be the Bulls best shooter besides Melo.

DirkNowitzki41
07-03-2014, 02:42 AM
I like the Mavericks as a better fit for Melo. Dallas would be the favorite for the best offense in the league with him, and Carlisle could probably manage a passable defense with Tyson Chandler back. I think Melo would instantly boost the Bulls to a top 15 offense but I'm kind of worried about the complete lack of shooters to push it to the top 5 or 10. With Dunleavy and Augustin probably leaving, Doug McDermott would probably be the Bulls best shooter besides Melo.

He would be a great fit but I doubt he joins us tbh. He probably sees Bulls, and Rockets as a better chance to compete and they also have a longer window.

Even though Dallas would be a great situation, he probably sees us as leverage if anything.

crisoner
07-03-2014, 02:57 AM
Harden is overrated and Dwight is a clown.

NY.....they need to rebuild.

Lakers...they would need more pieces and no clue how good Kobe will be.

Mavs.....might be an interesting fit. Dirk Monta and Melo.

So yup...best move is Chitown. Exactly the type of player that team needs.
They already are a good defensive team. Just need scoring...Melo and a healthy D Rose would dominate.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-03-2014, 03:00 AM
Houston and Dallas are probably better teams but... eastern conference that's why.

tomSR.
07-03-2014, 03:13 AM
Harden is overrated and Dwight is a clown.

NY.....they need to rebuild.

Lakers...they would need more pieces and no clue how good Kobe will be.

Mavs.....might be an interesting fit. Dirk Monta and Melo.

So yup...best move is Chitown. Exactly the type of player that team needs.
They already are a good defensive team. Just need scoring...Melo and a healthy D Rose would dominate.

what about OKC ?

niko
07-03-2014, 05:14 AM
Knicks need to have tax reset by being under line if we lose Melo. so no s&t that takes huge salary like boozer, etc works for the knicks. If the only way Chicago can pay Melo a salary that makes him leave is a s and t, what's is the knicks motivation to do that?

Chicago doesn't want to pay Melo max and wants NY to help relieve them of other salary. That's not the best plan.

Rameek
07-03-2014, 08:17 AM
You're so butthurt you can't even make sense.

It won't matter to you where Melo goes because as soon as he leaves the Knicks are rebuilding and should be looking to get as many assets as possible.

Of course fans like you will be so butthurt that would prefer to renounce those assets just to see Melo fail. Unfortunately for you that's not how decision making at senior management levels work. If Cleveland agreed to S&T Lebron back in 2010, I bet you NY would agree to do the same for Melo now.
You're the moron that felt people dont know he's an UFA.

If he chooses to leave i firmly believe a S&T is possible West team. I've said the only 2 teams he would go to is LA & Chi. If he decides to go to Chi you think NY will help that, I dont. You have lottery picks in the back pocket? If Zen decides to do the S&T its going to hurt Chi go for everything players and picks. Its going to hurt Chi either way you have a cheap owner.

Had Cleveland wanted to do a S&T for LBJ to NY sure we would have taken it.

-Lebron23-
07-03-2014, 08:50 AM
You're the moron that felt people dont know he's an UFA.

If he chooses to leave i firmly believe a S&T is possible West team. I've said the only 2 teams he would go to is LA & Chi. If he decides to go to Chi you think NY will help that, I dont. You have lottery picks in the back pocket? If Zen decides to do the S&T its going to hurt Chi go for everything players and picks. Its going to hurt Chi either way you have a cheap owner.

Had Cleveland wanted to do a S&T for LBJ to NY sure we would have taken it.

What the fvck does that have to do with anything? You must be trolling, can't be that stupid.

And you think Phil would rather see Melo walk than agree to trade him to get picks or young players in return? Right... Thankfully the only decision you will be making in your professional life will be whether to serve the fries first or wait for the burger

dr.hee
07-03-2014, 09:45 AM
He would be a great fit but I doubt he joins us tbh. He probably sees Bulls, and Rockets as a better chance to compete and they also have a longer window.

Maybe I'm kinda biased as a Dallas fan...but unlike with the Dwight situation last year where Dallas simply wasn't the best scenario, I just don't see any better team for Melo right now than the Mavs.

Chicago sounds good, but Rose is kind of a gamble. Hopefully he'll get back to his old self, but I wouldn't bet money on it. And Houston would be an awesome 2k14 team, but in real life? Does Melo think he can win a ring with McHale, Harden and Howard? It's the kind of team I could see coasting through the regular season, only to get embarrassed by superior coaching in the playoffs.

I totally get why DWill, Howard and Paul didn't want to go to Dallas. But this year it's different. Melo would have an all star sidekick PF who doesn't give a shit about ego and the mature version of Monta Ellis (I've watched pretty much every Mavs game this year, he's just a different player). Also a good rim protector ( even if Chandler is worse than 2011, he's still extremely valuable in today's league), and much more importantly than many fans might think...a championship coach. People just don't get how good Carlisle actually is.

Just don't see any other disadvantage than a bit less money. Otherwise Dallas just looks like the best scenario for Melo to contend for championships.

CHi1PriDe
07-03-2014, 06:57 PM
http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/726/03/726_1394634523.gif

The white answer :cheers:

ballinhun8
07-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Where are some of you guys getting your "info" from??

Seriously, if LeBron can do what he did to CLE on national TV and CLE still do a S&T with no great picks than anyone can be had. If the Knicks know that Melo is leaving then they'll do the smart thing.

The-Legend-24
07-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Elite defense + Rose.

TheGreatDeraj
07-03-2014, 10:22 PM

Bigger risk perhaps because of Rose injury, but what if Rose does come back? Then you have a top tier defensive and rebounding team along with two big time players. Maybe Melo takes pressure off Rose and that keeps him healthy.

Bulls have Pacers in their division, but Houston has Spurs, Mavericks and Grizzlies. He should stay out East for the best chance of making his first NBA finals.

Why should he choose NY over Chicago?

Deltron3030
07-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Melo is looking at chi town and saying, "man I gotta play defense?" He ain't going there. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays in nyc just for his family. I'm sure they all have a close circle of friends there. At the end of the day, it isn't about rings as us fans think it is. It's about making your family happy.